Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel

mango0977

my AD is on 27 Sep and so far we have not encountered issues with our co-ordinator...she has been most responsive and accommodating to our requests.

jojo11

well.. good tat u guys are havent encounter any issues yet with your co-ordinator... from wat i know, the marriot staff read this forum..

and i think this forum is good for other brides to know wats happening and to double check evreything.. otherwise if anything happens wat are u suppose to do.. change venue!

like wat i told the assistant director of catering.. if noone complaints u never improve.. esp if most of the brides out there wan high standards.. otherwise it might happen again... i wont wan this to happen to any other bride.. esp receiving an email at midnight before public holiday and not replying me back... something has to be changed rite..

they are jus lucky i havent booked my airtickets yet or i wont be so nice..

jojo

precious_11

Hi Joanne,

In my honest and humble opinion, i really can't see what is the big deal abt receiving an email from them at midnight?? Instead, the 1st thing that strike my mind when you mentioned that u received at midnight was their dedication and commitment to their job.. such that they were still working at that time.. they could simply have not reverted to you till 2 days later i.e. after the public holiday.

And from what i know, they may jolly well be working again the next day if they have a wedding couple.. so they may still have been able to revert to you..

Anyway, like what some of the other BTBs have said, it is unfortunate that you encountered such an incident.. and sometimes luck / chemistry plays a very impt role. Its prob just not fated for you to have your wedding at Marriott.. be aa nice BTB..let go and move on..
happy.gif

All the best with Oriental...

wonderland123

Hi there,

Congrats to all of the BTBs and my AD is Nov 09 as well. Now I'm considering between Marriot hotel and Copthorn Waterfront.

I'm going to Marriot tonight to view the ballroom with my in-law .... May I know who is the co-ordinator you gals liase with (if you dont mind)? ;D just hope that everything is gonna be all right . . .

precious_11

Oops..not sure if you are in time to see this.. but my coordinator is Casmin..

I checked out with Waterfront previously too.. but they werent too frenly.. and responsive.. but maybe i was just unlucky.. heard their ballroom is quite nice.. and pricing a bit more affordable too..
happy.gif

wonderland123

Hi cher,

thanks for sharing ... oh yes ... I'm going to meet Casmin later ...

heard from my friend say that the food at Marriot wasnt that fantastic if compared with Copthon ... lets see how it goes ... will feedback to you gals tomoroow ...

wonderland123

hi gals,

just got back from Marriot Hotel ... had my dinner there at 3rd floor - Cantonese Restaurant after viewing the ball room. The food is nice and overall is quite ok as well but just that the package they quoted me is kinda steep ...

Hi Happycake, my coordinator is Casmin. Heard they have 3 coordinators there ... Casmin is a nice lady too. May I know when is your AD? care to share the package if you don't mind?

Some how we have to make the decision between Marriot and Copthorne ... sigh ... very stress as dont know which hotel to choose ...

precious_11

Hi Wonderland..

Is the food for Copthorne from Grand Shanghai? If yes, then i think it should be pretty good.. but whenever i told my frens Marriott..they also know its Wan Hao and majority have good things to say abt the food..

But my personal stance has always been this - standard of food will never be as good at the banquet when compared to the restaurant coz its mass production..

Casmin is really very nice.. she will try her best to oblige..

Maybe to help you.. some of the things i took into consideration was:

(1) No. of tables required
(2) Chemistry with the coordinator
(3) Location and accessibility
(4) Budget

Not in any order of preference.. but i think all 4 are very impt.. esp chemistry with coordinator..in the end, i busted my budget by a bit by choosing Marriott but i think my guests (at least those that i have spoken to) appreciate the fact that it is very accessible..
happy.gif

Hope this helps..

wonderland123

Hi Cher,

thanks for the sharing and really appreciated
happy.gif

The 4 points that you mentioned really helps alot ... hopefully I can settle this issue as soon as possible when Casmin send me her best revised qoute after the long discussion last night ...

btw .. May I know when is your AD?

whitelv

Marriott food on the actual day is not bad. I like their ballroom cos it's very bright and modern and u can play around with the lighting colours.

Accessibility is great too. People can easily take public transport or a taxi there. And overseas guests can directly go shopping in Orchard Rd.

Decor wise, abit plain dont u think?

flyingstar

location is very important i feel...because you don't want your guests coming in late because they cannot find the hotel.

anyway i shortlisted regent, meritus and mariott.

my mom gave her 2 thumbs up for mariott...food is good enough and location is best.

but then decor, agree that it's plain. but now i am not so bothered...in my opinion most people remember about the wedding is food! because frankly when everyone gives you ang pow, it's like they are paying for their own meal. so it's important to choose a venue that can provide good food for them more than anything else.

Cher, your wedding this year?

happycake

Hi Wonderland, do leave down ur email so i can send u the standard package.

I agree that the food is the most important! Because I do not want my guests to head home complaining that the food is not worth their angpow. Just like if you ask me about the weddings I have attended, I cannot remember the ballroom settings but I can still remember good/bad how the food was.

Because me and my hus are very particular about food, my coordinator invited us for dinner at Wan Hao to try the chef's dishes before I sign with them. Very surprised at this gesture! Of course I won't say 100 marks for everything but the standard is there.

Last of all, yup it is really convenient to travel to Marriott with or without own transport, regardless of rain or shine!

wonderland123

Hi whitelove, for the decor wise, I'm not too sure is it too plain or not. Hopefully is not that plain as what I expected ... or else do you have any pic to share as well?? hee hee

Hi Happycake, my e-mail address is [email protected], thank you.

whitelv

hi cher

yup im having my dinner there and i've also attended 2 weddings there before so am very familiar with the place.

the food is good. i guess it's one of the better hotels if u're comparing with others like hilton, hyatt, oriental etc.

service is quick i would say. coordinator would reply me quite immediately but not much extra effort to suggest alternative solutions.

ekonomis

hi all, i had my wedding dinner at Marriott and both my gd fren and my bro also had their wedding dinner there! The food is fantastic and the service there is very good! One thing, I would strongly recommend you to request for Captain Goh for ur actual day as he's really really veri thoughtful and really takes care of ur needs on tt day! Thumbs up for him and also my co-ordinator Ivah Ee! Ivah replies to emails veri veri veri fast
happy.gif

www.e-sas.com.sg

mango0977

hi sunshine,

i will be having wedding luncheon at marriott on 27 sep...
we will asked to pay a $2000 non-refundable deposit when confirming the wedding w them...
no other payments required thereafter until the wedding day...where you will be presented with the final bill for settlement immediately after the function.

sunshiny_missy

Hi Cher,

Mine's a dinner.. What's ur terms like?
I've just seen the email from Annabel too. We must pay $5k deposit, and a second deposit of 25% (of total est bill) 1 month prior to the dinner.. Think i'm gonna hv a headache... Would we be able to neg the terms?

etirine

Hi Everyone! SO and I are also confirming our wedding dinner at Marriot soon. Oriental was our first choice but over our budget.

I'm most particular about service level so can anyone recommend a good wedding coordinator that you have been most happy with so far and able to bargain? Their next wedding workshop is in July and wedding show is somewhere in October.

Anyone knows if it is better to book during the workshop or show? Are both perks the same? My wedding will be in June 2010.

ene

We had our wedding dinner at Marriott on 22 May and have nothing but praise for their excellent service. Our main guy for the day, Goh (I believe Captain Goh, as mentioned above) was excellent. He was all over the place during dinner, giving us cues for this and that. He pretty much ran the show without us having to do anything much!

Someone was concerned about wearing a red EG for Marriott? I wore a red EG and it was fine!

Food-wise, we had no complaints as well. In fact, many were surprised by how yummy the food was. Phew.

I didn't think the ballroom was plain! In fact, with the play of lights, etc, it had a nice atmosphere. Besides, its YOUR wedding and YOU want to be the focus of attention. Why do you want a dramatically dressed up ballroom? That's my opinion anyway.

Anyhow, we are very pleased with Marriott and are just so glad we celebrated our wedding at the hotel.

precious_11

Hi Sunshine..

Yeah.. i believe my terms are similar... think i have paid up abt 5k deposit.. plus my wedding is in Sept.. so at the back of my head, i know i have to make another payment in Aug.. cant remember the exact amt though..

I think cannot negotiate leh.. but i didnt try lah.. if you want to, maybe you can speak to the coordinator...

When is your wedding?

precious_11

Hi Kerine...

Good to know you are considering Marriott..
happy.gif

My coordinator is Casmin and she has been an absolute angel so far.. i feel completely at ease with her in charge
happy.gif
so maybe you want to consider? If you want, i can pass you her email / contact... but to be fair, i have not heard any complains of any Marriott coordinators... *cross fingers*...

Maybe you can get in touch with the coordinator and check with them to see if their perks for the workshop and show is ready.. i guess if you want to secure your date, you will need to confirm it by the workshop in Jul.. sometimes its every hard to have the best of both worlds.. thats what i realised whilst trying to plan for mine.. hehe.. scarely you wait till the show in Sept but the date is no longer available.. than it no longer matters which one offers better perks liaos...

happycake

Kerine, I think it will be better to sign up during the wedding show because there will be additional perks.
Your coordinator will most probably inform you about the perks if you’re interested (even if it is before the wedding show) & you still get to enjoy them without signing at the event itself.
For example, I confirmed with them in Sept last year… their wedding show was in Oct but I still managed to get the wedding show perks. They can actually reserve the date for you till you go down and make deposit. Initially I was on the waiting list for about one week, till the couple in front of me gave up their slot. So I suppose they can hold your date for you temporary till there’s a next couple who are keen on your date.

sunshiny_missy

Hi Cher, my wedding is in Jun 2010. I spoke to my wedding planner and asked her to proceed with the draft agreement alrdy. Didnt really neg on the 2nd deposit. Anyway, she told me that they have changed the payment terms such that a 2nd deposit is required.

Looking at all the good feedback abt Marriott, i'm glad i made a right choice.
happy.gif

precious_11

Hi Sunshine.. who is your wedding coordinator?

Just went down to met my coordinator to decide on cards and discuss abt some other stuff.. after the meeting, i told htb that we really made the rite choice... coordintaor is just so nice... and accomodating.. we believe we are in really good hands..
happy.gif

sunshiny_missy

Kerine, my dinner is on 4 Jun 2010. How abt u?

Cher, my coordinator is Annabel. Seems like all the coordinators at Marriott are quite good ya. Have seen mostly positive feedback so far..

I intend to have my solemnisation at the swimming pool before the dinner. Anyone held their solemnisation there too? How did it turn out?

precious_11

Hi Sunshine..

I will not be having my solemnisation there...coz im having it in church.. but i attended m fren's rom there before.. and it was very nice..
happy.gif

whitelv

Hi Cher/ Sunshine,

Is there any decor for solemnisation at the pool? I booked a small room inside the hotel but i think I should change to the pool.

precious_11

sorry whitelove.. cant quite remember.. i think there were some flowers and petals ard..but cant recall if there was any specific theme or anything like that..

sunshiny_missy

Hi Whitelove, i saw a pic of the poolside solemnisation in June 09's Her World Brides mag pg 89. You can refer to it. Sorry i dont hv scanner so cant scan and send to u.. When's ur AD?

Kerine, hv u found your BS?

whitelv

Hi sunshine....yup saw that but i think it won't include the flowers/decor.

Do you know at which stage will the coordinator call to arrange for selection of door gifts etc.? My wedding is less than 6 mths away but nobody has contacted me yet. hmmmmm

precious_11

Hi Whitelove,

my coordinator got in touch with me abt 4 mths prior to the wedding... but only on the food tasting and invitation card. I think the wedding favours will only choose later on...

jigglez

Hi all,

Can someone advise me if they are strict with minimum number of tables required? Anyone managed to get the ballroom at a smaler number?

precious_11

Hi Jean..

I think it depends on the date that you are looking at...maybe if its a weekday and not a "auspicious" date, they may be more flexible.. nonetheless, you can try.. one thing i found out abt marriott is they will try their best to accomodate.. so no harm trying
happy.gif