Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel

gin

Hi ladies,
I am considering wedding luncheon at Marriott but I dun seems to be able to find a general email address for me to send my request for package to. Can anyone share with me their coordinator's email address?
happy.gif

My email is [email protected]

gin

Hi all,
Thanks to all who sent me the contacts! I received them! :p

Hi Grace (ecarg1310),
The world is so small! :p

Hi Cheryl,
Thanks i got it too!
happy.gif

Hi Grace (mango0977),
Can you forward your quotation to me? I am checking out the price to see if it fitz my budget!
happy.gif
My big day shld be 31 Jan 2010.
happy.gif

pinkmint

Hi, has anyone had a Marriott Wedding Luncheon before? Would like to find out more about the decor in the ballroom during lunch. Understand they do not have themes like during dinner?

jojo11

Has anyone had their wedding at the smaller suite? Are their decorations enough? Is their food nice? Favours good choice? and is the stage big? (cos i'm thinking about hiring yourstruly for band)
Am thinking about doin the 9 tables for sat dinner...

thanks
jojo

ecarg1310

Hi Joanne,

I am not too sure about decorations in smaller suite. I guess it would be best you email Marriott's wedding coordinator to check with them. Do let me know if you need the contact and I will gladly share with you my coordinator's contact.
happy.gif

Food in Marriott is overall nice I feel. I haven't had bad feedbacks from the 2 events I held there (ROM & Banquet). Favours wise - it depends on what you are looking at. For the banquet, they do have favours in the package. However, if you want some others out of their list, you got to top up some money. To me, it doesn't really matter what the favours are.
happy.gif

whitelv

Is there a smaller ballroom? I thought only got 1 ballroom and the rest are very small rooms for solemnisation. Min tables on weeknights is 35 and weekends is 40

ecarg1310

Hi whitelove,

the smaller ones are called suite.. with the biggest being Legacy Suite for a max. of 9 tables, i think. Yup, they only have one grand ballroom in Level 3. Your guests won't go to the wrong ballroom
happy.gif

jojo11

ya, the biggest suite is legacy for 9 tables max... n its on level 2.. so not on the same floor..

i quite like marriot's wedding package and able to do saturday nite dinner at less than 1k is good value, esp for my table requirements.. but as i'm overseas i donno how their food and all are..

but after seeing all ur good reviews.. hopefully all will go fine.. hehehe

i wish i have 35 tables.. but too bad its only my side of the wedding and have another wedding in msia..

jojo

flowie

Hi joanne,

is the less than 1k after their plus plus or b4? coz wat i understand is... their price varies according to the diff months... and their weekends packages are above 1k... which month are you looking at?

jojo11

is after plus plus... feb 2010... but its 9 tables.. not their main ballroom... and not much perks compared to other hotels.. like jus the bare minimum

jojo

ene

We're holding our wedding dinner @ the Marriott too and I must say we have been most impressed by their service levels! WOOHOO!

bambi24

Hu Ene,

You are really lucky to get a good coordinator. Who's yours?

Mine isn't that professional. Some information given by her previously isn't correct and when it's nearer to the wedding, we were told differently.

flyingstar

hello! i'm also considering mariott for my wedding lunch. glad to see so many good reviews from brides and btbs here.
happy.gif

my date is in nov 2010...but just wondering if anyone has their 2010 lunch packages already, i would like to see how it fits into my budget.

Please PM me if you do have.

Thanks!

pinkmint

Hi, are there anyone with Marriott's lunch theme? Just want to find out if they use a lot of flowers and if they do have a specific decor cuz I'm not sure if it fits the theme I wanted. Thanks =)

jojo11

marriot's service suxs big time...

i been corresponding with the sales ppl for more than a month.. n she gotten my dates wrong in the system and then now they already gave my dates to someone else who booked less than a month ago... all my efforts down the drain.. ONE WORD BAD

happycake

joanne: oh dear, how can that be? If u had paid your deposit beforehand to secure the date, they should give priority to u instead. Moreover it's their fault.

happycake

Did anyone wear red evening gowns at Marriott? I thought of getting a red gown but because the hotel lobby is red, i am afraid i'll just camouflage with the wall in my photos.

happycake

Bubbly19: Haha.. cool! I did not try and red gowns at my bridal studio. And I havent found a suitable one even after 2 appointments. Thought of trying red on my next visit.

bubbly19

happycake: well for me... i tried several EG at my BS and somehow, red looks best on me.... I guess so long as your colour theme is not red, it should be alright...
happy.gif

So when is your AD and howz the preps coming along?

jojo11

i hadnt paid the deposit, but i had been communicating with the sales ppl for more than a month, the least u could do is get my dates i had given CORRECT rite, esp since i'm always phoning from overseas and emailing. (Cost alot of money) Should have told me earlier and not waste my time and phone money ..

I decided that i should go for the whole package type of wedding with Oriental. Think i will have lesser stress... their place, food, decoration and everything is better, but more expensive of course but no worries..

Its not like i'm currenly in singapore and my wedding dates can be changed around easily, as my malaysia one is the main wedding and everything there is booked. And i'm living in australia..

The whole weekend i was so furious.. Anyways, my relatives will be informing their board of directors.

jojo

ene

joanne - Did you get the sales person to tentatively book your venue on your specific date for you? Usually, that's what you can do when you are negotiating. That's the norm for hotel event bookings....

whitelv

yup Marriott coordinators should pull up their socks. havent been receiving best of the best treatment from them.

Oriental service was much friendlier

rockofice

Hi all

I am considering Mariott for my wedding in Oct 2010. May I know what are the perks available from their wedding show last month? I missed it, sigh..

Joanne:

Who is your cooridnator? How much are they charging for deposit?

nignig

hmm..i had a similar problem too..we were negotitating for a sitdown dinner at legacy suite all the while and when i told them that i wanted to make a confirmation during our meeting, my coordinator told me that the dinner slot was already taken up. luckily my event was only ROM, not the AD where i can afford to have more flexibility to hold a lunch instead of dinner. If not, I would also be very furious

precious_11

So sorry to hear abt your experiences nig and whitelove..

But i must say that I have been getting extremely excellent treatment from my coordinator @ marriott so far.. and will continue to cross my fingers that the service level maintains...

Perhaps its just a case of miscommunication / 1 black sheep ruining their reputation..

ekrissie

Hmm.. I don't have this kind of problem with Marriott. Coz I have made tentative booking beforehand, so they have locked the date for me. We signed up with them during their wedding show and we are able to enjoy their perks. I think it's quite worth the money especially when they waived off all the corkages & have free flow of beers
happy.gif

happycake

Yup.. So far so good for me too. I don't have any prob yet and my coordinator has been very accomodating.

paradiz: so gd! U have free flow beer...

happycake

Paradiz, does ur package comes with free bottle of wine per table as well?

I was thinking if I could forgo some perks of mine (i signed my during Oct wedding show) and ask if I can exchange for free flow beer. Most of my guests are drinkers....

jojo11

I have been comparing with hilton, oriental and marriot.. i think marriot's decor is the worst, room small.. but the cheapest.. and after this incident.. their dates also quite booked out on the dates tat i can hold it... The only thing the management said was only to give me free bottle of wine per table... BUT now after their service like tat i think i rather hold it in hilton.. then die from stress

After all the sales person who emailed me at midnight on a friday before the public holiday told me tat the dates are booked (Wont anyone be angry to get a email after office hours and not be able to contact the person? LET ALONE MIDNIGHT)... and never got back to me after i emailed her wat i am suppose to book then... i had to personally call the superiors a few days later.. I wont wanna trust them with my wedding.. Not like i dont have money.. its jus my wedding is only for my side of the wedding and i'm coming from overseas so i wont wanna spend like 1k plus for a table, as mostly jus relatives, n mind u my relatives all are millionairs who are vp or p's of big companies so after talking to them, they say they think hilton would accomodate much better and they never will choose marriot for any of their business functions in the future... so in all they barked up the wrong tree if they think i'm overseas and helpless who cant do anything..

Hilton has a better ballroom and food and decor and they can give me the most perks from any hotel...

Anyways i would like to warn all those brides out there, think before booking with marriot...

jojo

happycake

Chill, jojo... Hilton is a good hotel as well. Don't be upset over it since there's nothing you can do. Moreover, you are already so unhappy with the people there, even if there is a date for u at Marriott you will still be slightly biased and feel that their service is not up to your expectations after what has happened.
Be a happy bride ya?
Who was the person you liaised with?

pinkmint

Jojo, I understand the frustrations and unhappiness you are going through right now but I don't feel it is nice to put down a hotel that many other brides have booked for their big day. If you like hilton or oriental, then go ahead and book that venue. Be a graceful bride.

ekrissie

Hi happycake,

Yup there's a free bottle of wine per table
happy.gif

Actually Marriott is not my first choice... I actually wanted Oriental but too bad my date changed and Oriental is not available on my date. But luckily still have Marriott. Went to view the ballroom. Though it's not really that classy but at least it's the best I can get especially after all the last minutes changes on the date.

flyingstar

in contrary i have also been getting pretty good service from mariott so far.

well, the co-ordinator is a very nice lady who's very helpful, very accomodating to us when we wanted to look at the ballroom / bridal suite. We chose a weekend so that we can look at the actual set up and decide...

even asked her about the size of the tables, whether we can add baby seats at the table...minor stuff like that. she has been able to answer all my queries so it's good.

anyway jojo, since you have already decided on another hotel to go with your booking, good for you. I guess it was just unfortunate that this miscommunication occured. sometimes it's a bit of luck and you need a bit of chemistry with the co-ordinator to fully understand each other.

it's not like you pay the planner and she plans...you need to have chemistry with the planner so that she can know what you are looking for and help you out. It's like a partnership rather than a client-vendor relationship.