Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel

kitty_li

Hi HappyWife,

Sorry...no internet access at home. heehee...so could only reply you now. :p

Yah lah. wedding over liao....impt thing is the new chapter of our lives is a happy one.
happy.gif
We went Italy for our honeymoon. It was cold and grey (buildings all so old...grey liaoz) hahaha...Wah, Mauritius...that's so romantic...
happy.gif
Now's back to normal life...and housework! hahaha...

Hey Viki,
I guess she's really busy...coz I never had trouble contacting her or her assistant.
happy.gif

I guess I was more KS...hahaha. coz I called her to ask about invites, wedding favours, ballroom lights, table cloths...even flowers! hahaha. Not sure what's the standard too, but I guess this is just me. hehs...

While some pple prefer to do their food tasting much earlier, we did ours 2 weeks before our AD. I think we have up to 2 weeks before AD to do tasting. Plus Feb is CNY...better to quickly taste first. Else restaurant won't be able to handle your tasting...coz of reunions etc...If you dun mind, try tasting in Jan.
happy.gif

Hi Josephine,
Wishes are the wedding perks. I'm sure yours would have too.
happy.gif
We're given a choice of 2 or 3 (weekday or weekend) perks.

viki

Hi CSI,

Do you mean to say that every couple will have the wedding perks?

We are not told anything abt it. And it is not stated in the contract.

We have been trying to call her to arrange the food tasting, but no one pick up the phone.

Hopefully she will remember to return call....

kitty_li

Hi Viki,
Yap, it's part of the package...unless they have changed it. Perhaps they call it something else now. It used to be called Wedding Wishes. It's not part of the main contract per se, but it was some attachment at the back...coz these you only confirm at a later stage (confirm which "wishes" you'll be taking).

mocajojo

Thanks CSI Fan...
aiyo.. me too.. I have not been informed of Wedding Wishes leh... only those stated in the contract.

Btw, anyone of you having issues with car parking @ Marriott? I noticed that Tang Plaza parking is rather limited tho they have 7 storeys. I'm so worried that my guests will have to park elsewhere. (My dinner is on a Monday).

Viki, I have same problem with calling the coordinator... *stress* always nobody pick up, or not the coordinator I am looking for..

kitty_li

Hi Josephine,
Erm, no leh...no feedback from my guests that there's not enough parking. Ok, mine was on a Sunday. But I have frens with season parking at Tang Plaza. They say usually by 7pm still have lots of space. I think the car park bit should be the least of your worries lah...hehs...
happy.gif
Dun worry too much abt it.

littlepanda81

Hi blueroses,

Yes, they are increasing the prices this year. No more nett. All +++. Sad to say.. You should call the co-ordinator as soon as possible.

I do not have the latest price list. You got to check with them...

viki

Hi blueroses

I think they have a current promotion ongoing. $768 nett fr jan07 to jun 07.

You can chk with them

Cheers
Viki

twinstarz

hey gals....my AD is mid May 07...and nobody from marriott has contacted me or my fiance to inform us of what's next to do blah blah..is this norm? or am i just being paranoid. sigh..beginning to feel stressed alrdy. heh

tiffany81

hihi,

heard that they have a wedding showcase this coming sat, 20/01 for wedding from July 07 onwards...

- 1 complimentary table
- 12 or 15 bottles of wines

anyone interested to go down?

riko8

Just got a proposal from Marriott.

(Monday to Thursday)
$708.00+++ Per Table Of 10 Persons (8-course)
$748.00+++ Per Table Of 10 Persons (9-course)

(Friday)
$763.00+++ Per Table Of 10 Persons (8-course)
$788.00+++ Per Table Of 10 Persons (9-course)

(Saturday & Sunday)
$858.00+++ Per Table Of 10 Persons (9-course)
$898.00+++ Per Table Of 10 Persons (9-course)

Hopes this helps! :D

cutebear13

hi all,

saw from the earlier threads about some of u ladies whose coordinator is Alicia.

I agree with u all that she wont reply to your mails so promptly one.. what we do is to call her directly.. sometimes she may not be at her desk so we call her again and again until we get her lor.seems like this is the way ba?? a bit weird rite?

cutie_gal

Hi All Marriott BTB,

U mean now Marriott rates are not Nett anymore?

My coordinator is also Alicia, so far she has been prompt in replying my emails to her and I can easily get her thro her main line. She is friendly and easy to discuss things with, nt to worry gals
happy.gif

clclwedding

Hi Brides,

If you need any projectors, audio equipment, can contact this guy. Sim @ 9743-2423. His price is reasonable, less than $200 and very reliable.

Cheers!

sensech

eh? The quote i previously got from Marriott was nett leh but works out to be almost the same lah:
(Monday to Thursday)
$828.00 Nett Per Table Of 10 Persons (8-course)
$868.00 Nett Per Table Of 10 Persons (9-course)

(Friday)
$888.00 Nett Per Table Of 10 Persons (8-course)
$918.00 Nett Per Table Of 10 Persons (9-course)

(Saturday & Sunday)
$998.00 Nett Per Table Of 10 Persons (9-course)
$1048.00 Nett Per Table Of 10 Persons (9-course)

riko8

I just got the quote from them 2 days ago, I think they might have revised it because of the upcoming increase in GST, so if they charge +++, it will be based on the prevailing GST.

sensech

ok, so they had revised their pricing.. saw someone's concern abt parking availability earlier and i think i had same concern too. Was there last Sunday for food tasting at 7pm. Had to go all the way up to level 5 before we can find a lot. I wonder if it's worse on Sat evenings...

coachlover

Michelle,
JLee here..hehe...u know over the sat there's a promotion at Marriot? HC and I missed it, but nevertheless, I had asked them to arrange a viewing for us..have u viewed? it's pillarless and it's pretty grand. However, there seems to have lots of comments on poor services, food so so,coordinator slow response..so wondering if this will be a gd choice.
Any idea what other hotels are pillarless?

michocyte

Hi JLee,

thanks for your response.. i missed the event too. I have not view. But attended the wedding show last Oct, looks good and i loved the cod fish they served. I wanna to look for a friendly wedding coordinator to share the package, so far no response. The wedding coordinator Sandy at Oriental is very good, food looks nice too but my bf and I dun really fancy their ballroom. Think Pan Pacific, Swissotel have pillarless ballroom.

coachlover

Hi Michelle,
Yeah Swissotel Stamford is pillarless as understood from eileen...I had arranged for a viewing too.
I had the price list for Oriental, u want? I can email u.
Swissotel Merchant Crt is also pillarless, u heard any comments on this?
Anyway start sourcing around for the banquet first so that can book at once after coming back from hongkong
happy.gif

sensech

Hi Michelle, my coordinator is Charlene. So far she is quite good. It may be hard to get her through the phone sometimes but she will return my calls or emails. But she has yet to reply my email sent last week.. Dont know why, maybe too busy...

sensech

Anyone managed to get free use of the projector? I know it is chargeable, dont intend to use it actually but now am reconsidering the idea.

reinstar

hey sensech,

free use of the projector is possible.. just need to ask for it! better to negotiate for free projector now and choose not to use it later.. than to have to pay for it on your wedding day! very ex also man!

hi hi

happened to come into this website again and saw lots of uncertainties BTB had while reading the posts. Fully understand how you gals feel cos I felt the same way too last time.

Me just had my wedding dinner at Marriott recently. mine was a weekday dinner. Overall, the service was really good! Alicia was my coordinator. She was really helpful and made our planning so smooth. Though at times she will be late in replying, she would still get back to us, esp when the date is near. So don't worry if she seems slow in replying now. She will still make sure everyting goes according to plan. As for freebies and all, need to negiotate lor. take something and give up something lor.

All my guests commented that the decor was nice (me used vineyard) and the food was great! some relatives told me that they have recently attended a few wedding at Hyatt, Conrad and Marina Mandarin. Marriott's decor and food was defintely better than them. They all gave thumbs up!!

the banquet manager that night was also good. really helped us alot and kept serving us drinks and always around in case we need his help. also, when some of our guests asked for red wine (whole bottle), he also made sure he checked with us and got our approval before serving. so our red wine consumption was actually not alot. no one complained about the waiters so I guess should be ok.

The suite was also very nice. everyone commented it was big and stylish. think it was newly renovated only. after the wedding dinner, the banquet manager also served us food, all warmed up as well! so sweet of them.

so to all BTB out there, u'll have no regrets choosing Marriott!

sensech

hi reinstar, thanks. Actually I've signed up with Marriott months back. It was stated in the terms that use of projector is chargeable. I didnt think much of it and didnt negotiate for it as I did not intend to use it at all. But now, I'm reconsidering the idea. But I'll check with Charlene again when I hv confirmed my number of guests.

reinstar

Hi sensech,

i'm gonna sign my contract with marriott this coming tues. finally one load off my mind! when's your wedding? my coordinator is also charlene.. shes great aint she?

sensech

reinstar, yup. Charlene's very friendly. When I cant get her on the phone, I'll leave a message for her to get back and she will always do so. But recently there was once she didnt reply my email for 1 week. I had to call in the end. But that was the only time she failed to respond lah. My banquet is on 31 March. Yours?

babybaby1007, thanks for sharing! Glad to know that you had such a smooth day at Marriott. I hope mine goes well too.

sailormoonwt

morning ladies!

hvnt been dropping by tis marriott thread for quite some time.... i m a marriott BTB tis coming end may 07 and i jus wanna share with u gals some of my experiences which i had attended two of my frens wedding at marriott..

if u all did attend their wedding show last oct 06...duno if u hv realised tat they hv take the initiative to change our soft drinks when they were 1/4 full or all ice had melted.. my hb & i was quite impressed with their service at tat time cos nvr a wedding did we attend & the staffs will change our drinks...

later on we attended a dinner at marriott last yr dec 06 and was surprised to realise tat the staffs didnt change our 1/4 drinks or even when the ice were melted and tasted diluted.. their soon hock fish was so bad and taste so TOUGH.. i was quite disappointed and feedback this to my coordinator and share with her my experiences...

We attended our fren's wedding at Marriott last nite & to our surprise...all these didnt happened last nite...(marriott really do take client's feedback seriously)..all drinks were changed when they were 1/4 full...their soon hock fish tasted MUCH better...sweeter & tender ... plus their service was excellent! *thumbs up* their staffs were more confident and more alert during their rounds..ensuring guests drinks r filled and served hot (chinese tea) ... overall, hb & i were very pleased with their performance last nite...and it defintely makes us looking forward to our wedding tis coming may.....
happy.gif

(okie...end of my stoRy...tink i tok too much)
rofl.gif

sensech

sailormoonwt, it is indeed assuring to hear another good comment abt Marriott! I think all of us are worried abt the standard of service and food during our banquet so I definitely feel relieve to hear your positive review.

michocyte

Dear Sailormoonwt and babybaby1007,

thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

For the ballroom, is there enough walking space for 38 to 40 tables? Also, what is the color of the lightings for the Vineyard Affair and Garden of Love?

hi

i've only got 31 tables then, so not sure about 38 tables. u can ask your coordinator to tell u if there's a wedding with 38 tables or so and go down and have a look.

u can choose the colour u want. think for vineyard, go nice with pink or purple.

viki

Hi All

I just had mine yesterday nite.

Despite the reservations abt Alicia and worries, everything went well.

Alicia wasn't there (comapny retreat). Only the banquet manager ( a guy called Moe...think that is how it is spelled)......a wonderful and professional banquet manager....A lot of last min changes from us regarding the seating plan (from last min flying kites..so have to reshuffle the vegetarian. But he did everything perfectly...thumbs up.....)My helpers are also full of praises....they have asked for a lot of things, and he managed to get everything for them.

The chambermaids are also very attentive. Due to the sword ceremony, there are a lot of helpers....we got add room beside our suite....and we requested for a lot of towels for the swordbearers in case they need to bath....the chambermaid actually volunteered to bring a carton of complimentary drinks up for us although we din ask for that.

My is 30+ 2 resereve tables.......very spacious and comfortable....a lot of walking spaces......I think if u have more tables, it will be more packed.

That's it......for the BTB......enjoy the process....tiring...but worth it

Hi Michelle,

My wedding was last Novemeber and I had 40 tables (38 + 2). Not to worry, it was still pretty spacious even when I had 40 tables. There was still ample space to move about.

As for the colour for the lightings, there is a choice of 7 colours. The more popular colours are pink, red and blue. They also have colours like orange which I feel kind of weird. The banquet crew will show you the colours during the briefing and you will get to see all the colours.

Hope my info will be helpful to you.

michocyte

Dear Shermaine,

thank you very much for sharing the info. You mentioned that the banquet crew will show us the colours during briefing, do you mean they will only show us on the actual day or a few weeks before?

Thanks Viki too. Have an enjoyable Married Life. Cheers. =D

Michelle,

They only showed us the colours during the briefing. The groom will need to rehearsal on the march - in. The chief co-ordinator will also need to attend the brief coz he will need to advise the banquet crew when to open the doors for the guests to be seated in the ballroom depending on the number of guests who have already arrived.

Not only selecting the colours, the groom will also select the song for the first dish.

sensech

Oh, talking abt the coordinator, my sis finds it strange when Marriott ask us to appoint someone as our coordinator becoz her hotel did not ask her to do so during her time. Actually we r also thinking of not appointing one as we feel that it may be hard for the person to make decisions on our behalf, esp when it comes to opening new bottles of wine etc. We also feel that we want our friends to hv a good time so we dont really wish to trouble someone to be the coordinator.

But somehow, Marriott's advice is to appoint someone to be the coordinator.

Hi shermaine24sg, you mean Marriott will give us a few choices to choose our preferred song for the first dish? That is during the briefing also?

Sensech,

It will be good to have a coordinator so that he / she can help to mend the whole show for you so that both bride and groom can enjoy themselves

Yes, we only selected the first dish song during the briefing.

viki

Hi sensech

We only told the banquet manager of the 2 march in songs and first dish song on that day afternoon. And the second march in is changed at least 2 times before the dinner.

I think as long as u have the song with you, it wont be an issue if you inform them on that day.

sensech

Thanks. Think maybe I can research if there is any particular song that I want to hv as my first dish song. Oh, I got a whole list of songs that I want them to play during the banquet. Hv yet to burn them into CDs..

blooies

hi, can anyone email me pictures of their actual wedding at Marriot? Contemplating holding my wedding there but have a few concerns about the service and food. Will appreciate if anyone can PM me their experience with Marriot (if it's not convenient to post here.

ahbao114jp

hi, anyone held a small wedding for up to 90 pax at Marriot's Legacy Suite? I plan to have it as dinner buffet style. From website, the room seems pathetic. Anyone has photos to share if you had held it there before? Thanks!

sailormoonwt

Dear Marriot BTBs ... i need help frm u ladies ... my wedding is in end may 31st & by right i should be going thru mu guest lists & start to print the wedding invites liao... check with u gals, how many mths did u allow for printing? can i jus print (say 320pcs) if i hvnt go thru my guest lists & add on later if i wan to? (since the guest name all hv to be hand written)