Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel

kitty_li

Hi Phy,

I'm not an ex-Marriott bride yet...hehs...but I have the Marriott Rewards Card from those stays at o/seas Marriott during biz trips.
happy.gif
Do you have your Rewards Card number? From what I remember, have to go online to register and create own online account...

The online facility is just to check points, convert points to Krisflyer miles, take advantage of whatever Marriott Rewards Promos they have (these promos are always for the US and Canada).

esther_lim

Hi phy_o,

For mine case, I receive the rewards card 2-3mths later after I applied online. Tink ur email notification, there is a card no. After ur wedding, you still can go back to marriott to post the points after you have receive the card. No worries but remember to keep the whole bill. They need the bill to verify then able to post the points into ur card.

iceblink

hi phy,
you have to go online to register forthe marriott rewards programe first. after you get your account no, let your coordinator know your account no. so that they can post the points into ur acct
happy.gif

hammies

Hi,

anyhere here knows if mariott has ballrooms that allow min of 20-25 tables.

i emailed them for quite some time already but havent received any response
sad.gif

anyone has pics to share also ?
happy.gif

kitty_li

Hi hamster,

Marriott has only one ballroom. Not sure how many tables their function rooms can hold. I attended one weekday banquet at the ballroom that was 28-29 tables. How about calling them?

phy_o

hi ladies,

I do have the number given to me by my ex-coordinator when I paid my deposit a long time ago.

Problem is I don't have an id or password. So do I still go online and sign up? Or am I suppose to wait for the rewards card to come with the password and ID then I can sign up.

phy_o

Hi hamster,

I think they have a minimum no of 35-38 for weekends.

As for weekdays, I think a minimum of 30. Not sure if it's correct.

Is yours a weekend or a weekday?

kitty_li

Hey Phy,

Just go online and sign up. Why don't u try and see what the fields to fill in are? If I remember correctly, your ID is your rewards number...

My rewards card is their "temporary card". Dun remember ever receiving the "permanent card". Either that, or I must have misplaced it...but I still have my temp card...heehee...

esther_lim

Hi phy_o,

The permanent marriott rewards card tat I received is with either you or ur hubby names on it. I was told tat their temp card is the same as the permanent card except that it have no name on it lor.

compassrose

Hi Ladies,

I am quite impressed with their wedding package. However, my concern is on the min number of tables required. I am looking at about 15 tables. Any idea if they can accomadate? Cuz i email there 3 days ago and there is no response...

Btw, How's their ballroom and function room like?
Like the background colour and does it come with high ceiling?

Cheers

kitty_li

Hi Compassrose,

Their ballroom's min tables is 35 weekdays, 40 weekends. Now may be a bit lower, but still in the 30+ range lah. 15 tables...think not quite possible for ballroom. Function room, not sure what's the package like...

Background colour - many different colours.

Ceiling - Maybe you should go down and take a peek at the ballroom, and decide if it's high enough...coz some of my friends say it's high, some say ok height...depends lah.
happy.gif

compassrose

Thanks CSI Fan for your reply.

In fact, really like the package.. keeping my fingers crossed that they will accomdate my small guest list. I dun mind the function room if they have a relatively high ceiling...

Becos of my small guest list, i am searching high & low for a suitable function room & ballroom. I will email marriott to find out about the min tables issue. Haiz.. guess i have to keep on searching & searching..

Cheers

compassrose

Thanks lili_stitch for your reply,

RH is over our budget and there is not much freebies..

I actually email marriott to check if they are willing to cater to my small wedding...

Let see what they say... keeping my fingers crossed..

Cheers

lilo_stitch

hi compassrose, nope! it alicia send me their package. how's Adrie? easy to talk with? can update me abt their wedding show?
happy.gif

i cant remember which thread i read, it mention they do 15table for lunch only but not dinner

hihi ladies, anyone laise w alicia? any perks can they bargain for?

compassrose

Hi Hi,

Ya. Adrie is prompt in the replies. However, the max Marriott can reduced is only 5 tables for weekends dinner. which will come to 25 tables. Still way out of my intended..

Good luck ladies, hopefully all of you can get a good deal from marriott.

Hi,

Had my food tasting last night. Was pretty disappointing with the dishes.

The cold dish was not impressive. Sharkfin was ok with alot of sharkfin and not too starchy (all my relatives agreed that it was acceptable). The fish was the biggest disappointment. The fish was not very fresh and it even had the taste of 'mud' (hope you gals get what I mean). Ee-fu noodles was a little too dry. The best of all is the Wan Hao signature chicken. I like the skin best. Very nice and crispy. Other than that, my relatives commented that the menu looked a little too cheap (Sign...., but what can I do ??)

Now waiting for Alicia to call me for my feedback. Hopefully she can do something about it.

kitty_li

Thanks shermaine24sg for sharing...

Think we'll all take note of the things you pointed out...Wan Hao chicken...sounds like it is a must have. hahaha.

I should be starting to go select my cards for printing soon...probably next month or something.

Hi lilo_stitch,

Alicia is ok. She is rather helpful. Not to worry if you get her as a co-ordinator. Just that I think she is pretty tied up with work, so she may take a while to come back to you, but at least your requests are not forgotten and she follows up with them. So till now, I have no complaints about her yet.

am_blessed

shermaine24sg,
glad to hear your comment about Alicia. She's also my wedding coord...heehe. May I know which fish menu you tried on your food tasting?

During my food tasting, I had the sea bass steamed with light soya sauce (mine is the weekday 8 course dinner). It was not nice so I topped up a little to change it to a garoupa.

Hey, can I get some feedback which theme you gals is nice out of the 4 themes. Need some opinion here. Thanks

sotong_bride

Hi

I am a marriott bride too. Wedding in Oct this year. Due for food tasting soon, anyone knows what is "sea couch" and "conpoy"?

Our is a weekday menu, wish to top up to upgrade to Fri menu at $50nett more per table, is it worth while? For Fri menu, u get garoupa for the fish and abalone for the vegetables. And other slightly better choices for the other dishes..

snow_baby

ladies,

For those who intend to sign up wif Marriott..pls note that DBS AMEX black card has a promotion - complimentary 1 - 2 tables. pls visit their website before u sign the package..

we were not told abt this promo i missed it..

am_blessed

gals,
I will be having my AD in 4 months time and start to feel nervous alread...jialat!

CSI Fan,
Have u chosen your card yet? Which one u choose, the red or cream one?

kitty_li

hi am_blessed,
No, not yet choose...have been so tied up with work the past few weeks, I haven't met up with them to choose the cards yet...aiyoh...hehs.

What about you?

lingi

Hi am_blessed and CSI Fan
I am a Oct bride with Marriott as well. Juz to inform that they have 2 new designs for the invitation cards. I got it from Charlene. If you all want, i can email to you. The new designs is more of a 'modern' look.
Have any of you done with the food tasting? Can share your menu, pls.

am_blessed

Hi CSI Fan,
me haven't done anything...next month will meet up with Alicia for the 1st time!

Hi Lingi,
I only know they have red and ivory cards. glad to know they've new designs =). could u pls email me at [email protected]. thanks!
btw, i only know 2 famous dishes: steamed sea bass with fried yellow bean (something like tat), and wan hao crispy chicken.

kitty_li

Hi am_blessed & lingi,

Yap, I also heard from my coordinator that there are new card designs... but I haven't had the time to meet up with my coord yet...

Hey Lingi, dun mind, can send to me too please? [email protected] Thanks!

I haven't decided on my menu yet, but will be having the Wan Hao Crispy Chicken, coz I think it's really nice...not sure if shd take the bird's nest instead of shark's fin...coz I thought, something different. hehs (but of course, the bird's nest is not the superior type lah...hahaha. that would be too ex liao).

lingi

Hi am_blessed and CSI Fan,
Okie, no problem. will email to both of you shortly. Happy preparation for our wedding!!

sailormoonwt

Ohaiyo Ladies!

i m intending to hv my dream wedding either at Marriott or Carlton Hotel..actually both packages for their wkday rate is the same at $798 net. Marriott was at $828 but my weddg coord says there's a wedding show on 28 Oct & they r giving $30 off every table..so tat comes to $798.

Both packages r kinda similiar & very competitive..personally both hb & i prefer Marriott overall ambience..specially love their ballroom and their foyer area (with a mini bar area there) .. jus wanna ask those brides who hv the intention to sign up with Marriott or those who had their dream wedding there ..can share with me yr experiences?

another tingy tat i like to ask..wat r the additional perks tat we can ask ah? those additional hotel stay for couples lah...food tasting up to 10 person lah..all r included in the pkg.. wat r the other perks we can squeeze them ?
biggrin.gif

sailormoonwt

hi phy *o* : i read yr past comments in this thread and noted that u r a Marriott bride & had chosen the vineyard theme for yr wedding.. can share with me yr lovely bridal photos with me...plsssss??
happy.gif
[email protected] *thks*

anyone can address my concern on the usage of coloured lightings there...i read a few brides who had the same concern as me... tat the choice of those coloured lights is very impt to ensure tat the photos r well-taken... i notice Marriott ballrm hv tis so-called "intelligent" lightings.. hw tis work?

kitty_li

Hey lingi,

Thanks for your email! The new cards are less of the "grand, grand" look, but they are also quite nice...
happy.gif
Will you be using these? How's ur prep coming along?

I've been so swamped with work...I haven't done anything related to the banquet yet, except to think about the music I want. hahaha...

jeleges

hi hi all,
am a mariott oct bride and only started banquet prep.. am i too late??

going for food tasting soon and to order the wine.. any recommendations??

leiatsh

Hi Lingli,

Thank you for your email
happy.gif
I also find that the new cards are not exquisite, more of the adorable style. I wonder if we take up the new cards, can we opt for the 3 colours they have. Have you selected your card?

sailormoonwt

hey ladies ...

i just wanna ask if anyone had their wedding very recently as i wanna check if their food was okie ... some other forum ladies in other thread commented that the food during the wedding dinner was way off as compared to the food tasting session... i'm reali getting worried as the hotel selection for our wedding is either Carlton or Marriot....

anyone can help me with tis?

am_blessed

Hi sailormoonwt,
not sure about their food...coz I haven't gone thru my wedding yet. but reading the posts from ex-Marriott brides here, it seems that the food is ok. the shark fin soup seems to have a lil problem (most of them complained it's too starchy)...other than that...i dun remember any complaints abt the food. hope it helps =)