Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel

danlian

Hi Jo

You got mail
happy.gif

orith

Hello all
happy.gif

My FH is really interested at Marriott. Anyone has any feedback about the food, service and ambience?

joteohl

Hi Orith
i've not had my AD. so cant really comment fr own experience. but most feedback from fren are favourable.

as for package perk, i think it depends what u r looking for. can u be specific about ur requests?

orith

Hello Jolene
happy.gif

Package perk like wine corkage waiver, how many littre of beer..etc

I like the special lighting effect. But after reading the forum, seen some negative feedback about Marriott, esp its food. That's why I am so indecisive...sigh

owen

Halo out there
happy.gif

Just something to share with everyone
happy.gif

Just celebrated my wedding celebrations last month at Marriott Hotel, and i must say that both of US thoroughly enjoyed this once in a lifetime experience
happy.gif

I'm sure many of you must have read lots and lots of threads and opinions from this forum. Some good and some bad. But it's normal, as different people look at things differently and hence different perceptions yeah?

I think it boils down to 4 main factors before deciding which hotel to choose from...

No 1 : Budget
No 2 : Do you like the location, environment and atmosphere of the ballroom?
No 3 : Food
No 4 : Service of the hotel staff and wedding planner.

My experience with Marriott started in year 2003, then it was Sunil (Director of Catering) who was handling our portfolio. We negotiated for almost a month with the Director before signing on the dotted line. It was quite a tedious process, as we are keen on a fusion semi-buffet lunch rather than a conventional chinese dinner. Eventually, everything was sorted out and life goes on.

However, in 2004, we received a email stating that Sunil had left Marriott and another manager,Mark will be handling our portfolio. Initially, we felt frusturated as we felt that Sunil would be the best person to handle as he knows the "insides outs" of our wedding details. But...it turns out to be a blessing in disguise
happy.gif

As the wedding day approaches, we met up with Mark a couple of times to thrash out the differences and compromise on some details like wine corkages, usage of the projector, design of the ballroom, food tasting and etc. (In fact we went for 2 rounds of food tasting as the first round was not satisfactory) And i must second the compliments that have been said about Mark. He truly understands our concerns and would definitely help to address them if it's within his means.

On AD, my helpers and their staff had a meeting prior to the reception and this has helped significantly in preventing any hicccups to occur during the event. The wedding solemnisation and the reception that followed was imminently smooth due to their professionalism. Just a small point to take note of is the waiters/waitresses. Majority of them are temp staff thus the service standards is not as high. Nevertheless, i would give 8.5/10 marks from the process of planning the wedding to the AD with Marriott
happy.gif

As for the 2 *suite* nite stays in Marriott, i will like to extend my heartfelt thanks to the hotel as they make us feel very welcomed with their top class service!

I hope my 2 cents worth of thots would ease many minds who have chosen Marriott as their preferred choice. As for those who are still thinking and choosing, Good Luck
happy.gif

joteohl

Hi jye
thanks for the feedback. it is so encouraging & ease my mind a lot. now just looking forward to tying up the details for AD.
happy.gif

danlian

Hi Jye

Thanks for the feedback too. This make me feel more secure with Marriott.

Yo Jo
How are you? Happy preparation ya
happy.gif
Cheers

tunapuff77

Hi Snowangel,

Have u signed up with Marriott?

My fren has a Marriott luncheon weekend package to transfer. Auspicious date on Sept'05.

happy.gif

joteohl

Hi Gin
i supposed u have signed up wif qian xi. i 1st think of u when i saw the above offer. how's life after ROM & how's prep coming along?

Hi lazingbear
which package r u looking at? dinner or luncheon?

gin

Hi jolene,
Hahahaha...thanks for remembering me. Life after ROM's good..but not preparing anything cos still a long way to go.
happy.gif
how abt u?

raccoon

Hi Gin & Jolene,

I have not been posting recently as I'm caught up with work. How are you and your prep?

Gin,
Is your AD in Oct? Not too late to start your prep, like renovation and furniture shopping and many nitty gritty stuffs that I think I missed out..
happy.gif

Jolene,
I am also collecting my keys after CNY, very excited. Have to start engaging ID, renovation and furniture shopping and complete by May. Are you on the same boat?

lizzy9981

hi people, it seems that most of u r opting for the wedding lunch, is it the dinner is no gd?? my FH n i shortlisted Marriott, and intend to ve ard 25 - 30 tables there for dinner on a wkend. Does any1 know how much it cost per table? thanks@

koichi

HI Liz,

The dinner at marriot need min 40 tables. I dont think they will compromised. for weekday is 30 tables.

I am considering Marriott too, but I dont think I want to invite so many people to fill 40 tables. Still considering.... the table for weekend is i think aboud 898 nett.

koi

lizzy9981

Koi : ic! gosh! no wonder so many people are taking the lunch. but i went to Marriott website and they say dinner starts at 708 nett and still got. this is what is written.
Enjoy $30.00nett discount per table of 10 persons when you book and confirm your 2005 wedding dinner at our Grand Ballroom. Plus! Receive an additional 10,000 Marriott Rewards points! Packages start from $708.00nett* per table of 10 persons. Valid for confirmed wedding dates from 1 Jan 2005 to 30 Apr 2005, and for new bookings only.
http://www.singaporemarriott.com/html/wedding/wedding.htm

kkyko

Hi people,

Just wondering if anyone had/attended a wedding dinner held at the Atrium? I'm going to have 10 tables and the Legacy Suite can only have 8 tables MAX. So they suggested me to have it at Atrium. That is, the little space outside all the function rooms. I'm a bit worried about the decoration and the environment be like it's going to be held at an open space!!! Need some advice. But then not many people can let us have 10 tables and I really like Marriott food.

Thanks...

joteohl

Hi Raccoon
sorry missed ur posting! i'll only get key early Mar. now would like to arrange to go the flat one of thesedays to check out what to reno so that my future sis-in-law can start ID planning. hey i am planning to go hokkaido for HM cos the lavender is blooming. my fren is planning a self drive trip and will pass me the intineraries. will email u when i get fr them.

raccoon

Jolene,
Your schedule is very tight too. Get key in Mar, start renovation and intend to finish by ur AD in May rite? Amazingly fast leh.. at least i have mid Feb to early June...

I'm also thinking of Hokkaido, thanks leh
happy.gif
Heard that rental of car in Japan very steep..wait for your news. Btw, u using marriot's recommended printing house?

Gin,
Good for you to have ample time for prep!
happy.gif

joteohl

Hi raccoon
i've yet called the recommended printing house. was thinking of asking my fren to do it. i will check wif my fren her offer price. if it's cheaper i'll let her do. if u wan a comparison, i can pass u my fren's contact number.

i hope i have enough time to do reno fr Mar-Apr. what can be "worse" is that my FH is doing reservist training in thailand fr end Apri to early May.

talking about hokkaido, u like lavender and the rural feel? my fren told me that it is not city-like.

joteohl

Hi jolene
i think jye wrote a balanced opinion of her experience with marriott. pls read her posting above.

as for the contacts fr the hotel, u can call their sales dept, any of the consultants r as efficient & friendly. i work wif Stephine, some worked with Mark, others with Angela.

i think there's some promotions gg on...check the website. or the above posting by liz
happy.gif

lyndy

hi. i'm thinking of signing up for the weekend lunch package for 25 tables. anyone know what additional perks i can bargain for? thanks!

raccoon

Hi Jolene,

U will be on your own once the renov work starts. Better get down to the details with the ID when ur FH is still around, so u can avoid being boggled with the nitty gritty stuffs later and alone...

Yes, please give me the printing contact. you can send to me at [email protected]. Thanks!
happy.gif

I was adviced by the ANA travel fair planner that Hokkaido is not so popular when i'm travelling in late June/ Early July, so I may switch to Korea. Ur May trip is still favourable.
I also like rural feel and lavender too!
happy.gif

Lyndy & Jolene,
My coordinator is Stephine. She is very pleasant to talk to and negotiate. So far, it's a thumb up for her. 25 tables can definitely ask for additional perks. can ask for free wedding favours, discount on beer, more cap park coupons, invitation cards or free rental of projector, whichever u find it more impt or significant saving. Of course, the more tables, the more bargaining power. Good luck!
happy.gif

estee

Hi All, Just met up with Stephine, quite a nice gal. Went to enquire about 2006 packages and the prices went up quite a bit. Anybody care to share their packages and perks for 2006 with me?
Email Add: [email protected]

pinkypig

Hi all,

Anyone has choose free photo montage as 1 of their wishes listed in the 2005 wedding package? Can share their view?

My AD is on the 5 Sept 05

elmo_78

Hi,

I am going down to put in the deposit for my weddding dinner in Jan 06. Stephnie is really a darling n u may want to look for her.

We thot of another hotel elsewhere which is much cheaper but choose Marriot cos of stephnie. She is very helpful in giving us good advice and offers.

twinkles

elmo_78,

Same here, I am confirming Marriott soon becos of Stephine's service. My AD is also in Jan 06. We can plan our wedding with Marriott together.

BTW, what perks did you manage to get from her?

ayane

hi all,

just made an appt to meet Yiwen tonight.. but read so many good comments about stephnie.. hope yiwen is as nice too
happy.gif

jsut wondering if anyone knows what is the Video montage and Digital Protrait offered as Wedding Wishes?

Also, does anyone have any pix of the ballroom to share? have not attended a wedding there myself... thanks! [email protected]

twinkles

Hi ayane,

I have not met Yiwen before but she sounded quite nice over the phone, i think she just join Marriott not long.

Video Montage is consist of 30pcs of photographs from you and u will get a cd upon choosing that. Digital Portrait is just a wedding photograph that they enlarge for you to keep, no point taking that as one of the wishes since you will have it from yr bridal shop.

U can see the pix of the ballroom from the marriott website. Choose the vineyard theme, it is very nice.

greekgal

hi irene
thank u..but recently i heard they said 40 tables since my wedding will be end of the year..quite like their package but dont think i can hit 40 tables! so have you confirmed with marriott? when's ur AD?

Have a weekend all. =)

ayane

hi irene,

think u are right, yiwen sounded quite new.. very sweet girl, but didnt hv many answers to our questions.. wished i had asked for stephine from the start
sad.gif
she was also not very negotiable, for e.g. she couldnt waive the charge for the projector, unless we opt for the video montage as a wedding wish (which we dun need cos we are getting one done from our AD photographer), and wanted to charge $450+++! she also couldnt give us an additional night, tho most other hotels were quite forthcoming with this request. also no wine corkage waiver.. practically no offers from her at all... could u pls tell me what are the offers/perks which you managed to get from stephine? my FH and i really like this hotel now but we seem to be able to get better deals from other hotels leh.. very sad
sad.gif

hi greekgal,
mine will be on a fri, and the miminum is 35.

joteohl

hi ayane
i went to mandarin and regent and they did not offer to give me the corkage waiver too. i stil went ahead to sign up my May'05 wedding. there are other hotels that seems to give the waiver. try them. maybe Conrad or Furama Riverfront. or talk to stephine...

ayane

hi jolene,
we were almost gg to sign with GCW cos they were willing to give us almost everything we needed, but we decided to check our more central hotels cos our parents had a little issue with the location.

just feel that marriot cld hv been a bit more flexible, eg i hv my own supply of wine, why make me pay $30+++ for corkage?! even swissotel was willing to knock corkage down by 50% of my wine brought in. and i will already be having a video montage, why make me 'wish' for another montage just so i can make use of the projector?! did anyone manage to get free use of the projector?

just surprised that they sound so service-orientated but yet not flexible at all.. plus am actually taking 40 tables, more than their minimum of 35 for that day, surely that shd give us a little more bargaining power, no?

chipndale

hi ladies,

i read from marriot website that there is a promotion offering free flow wine for wedding dinners between may-august 2005. has anyone managed to sign a package including free flow wine? was going to sign up with another hotel when i heard abt this offer so i might still change to marriot if this is really true. can someone clarify?

jolene, mandarin does include corkage waiver of both hard liquor and wine(duty free of course). it's already in the package leh!no need to bargain

joteohl

hi ayane
like jules' posting and what i gathered fr the bridal mag, those gg to sign up bet May-Aug'05 will gave free flow wine.

hi jules
when i visited a few hotels las year, the waiver was not offered until late '04 or early this year. plus, i am getting luncheon, so less bargaining power