Singapore Elopement Wedding?

theguyincharge

Forgive me if I sound so naive about these matters....

My fiance and I live in California (USA), and want to get married in January. The ceremony/exchanging the vows would be just the two of us (I think you call this an elopement?). But we wanted to do it somewhere nice/romantic in Singapore, because our honeymoon following right after will also be in Singapore. Forgive me as I am very naive to all of this... First of all, we'd legally register the marriage/get married (in the most simple manner, just to make it legal), in a courthouse in our home city in California. Following this, could we fly out to Singapore, and have another NICER ceremony where we will exchange our vows again, she can wear the dress, photographer can take pictures, and so on, at a nice location in Singapore We wouldn't need or want to register the marriage in Singapore as well, and that's where I get confused - is this even possible, or do all of the solemnization/elopement ceremonies require us to also legally register the marriage in Singapore?

And assuming that all of the above was straightened out, would you guys be able to recommend any sort of wedding package for just the groom+bride in Singapore? Any nice locations?Maybe some companies or services?

Also, I should add that we would want the ceremony in Singapore to be western-style if possible, with a Western pastor/fluent English with no accent, to perform the ceremony.

Thanks ahead of time...

Cath_rina

Forgive me if I sound so naive about these matters....

My fiance and I live in California (USA), and want to get married in January. The ceremony/exchanging the vows would be just the two of us (I think you call this an elopement?). But we wanted to do it somewhere nice/romantic in Singapore, because our honeymoon following right after will also be in Singapore. Forgive me as I am very naive to all of this... First of all, we'd legally register the marriage/get married (in the most simple manner, just to make it legal), in a courthouse in our home city in California. Following this, could we fly out to Singapore, and have another NICER ceremony where we will exchange our vows again, she can wear the dress, photographer can take pictures, and so on, at a nice location in Singapore We wouldn't need or want to register the marriage in Singapore as well, and that's where I get confused - is this even possible, or do all of the solemnization/elopement ceremonies require us to also legally register the marriage in Singapore?

And assuming that all of the above was straightened out, would you guys be able to recommend any sort of wedding package for just the groom+bride in Singapore? Any nice locations?Maybe some companies or services?

Also, I should add that we would want the ceremony in Singapore to be western-style if possible, with a Western pastor/fluent English with no accent, to perform the ceremony.

Thanks ahead of time...

Hey are you american?