Singapore Art Musuem

jacko_wacko

Hi ladies,
anyone out there been to or held their wedding at The Singapore Art Musuem at Bras Basah Rd? i'm interested in booking the auditorium (chapel) and the glass hall but the place is rather small but it looks very lovely. any feedback from anyone?

Hi all!

Nice to know that so many of u also considering The Singapore Arts Museum. Any idea what's the venue booking fees there like? I'm thinking of a sit-down chinese banquet( no choice,parents' demand). I have yet to see the place itself,so dunno if it would work out for 20-25tables?

When are u gals having ur big day? I just did my solemnization 2wks ago, planning for my AD 18th Sept2005.

Super kan cheong, coz like many pple long b4 oredi started planning, and alot of stuff in place, I just got the date,according to my mum's tongshu. Now desperately looking for venue.

Considering Beaufort, ACM, The Pines, Raffles Town Club, and The Arts Museum. So sourcing for more,but tentatively, more looking into costs,coz outdoor catering may end up being more ex. Any comments on that? Coz my HUB and I dun 1 2 be laden with big debts if our ang paos can't cover our banquet costs!!

huiling

Hi are you thinking of renting SAM for the whole day? the rent is about $1K if i'm not wrong. are you talking about the glass hall?

I prefer the auditorium, it is very beautiful

Hihi!

girl ren yu,

I just dropped by SAM 2days ago, was contemplating booking the glass hall, but realised that the max that hall can hold is 12 tables, and I have abt 20-25 tables, so not possible anymore. Did picked up a brochure though, look for Stephanie Yeow if u r keen, me now by elimination, seriously considering RTC,they got very nice ballroom, and the place looks super atas,very grand feel. But their min is 40 tables, I'm still waiting for the mgr to get back to me coz some1 else has a tentative booking on my day. Would chk out the ACM on Tuesday,that 1 can fit 19 tables, maybe I try squeeze 20. My gf suggested OCC, and Fort Cannning too. So I may check these out too. Panic...Just got my ROM pictures, so bz sorting them out no time to research on venues....
So when your ROM and when ur AD?

huiling

yeah SAM is abit small, actually we nearly eliminated SAM from our list because the auditorium can only take 180 max. but our wedding is in Dec so we figure that many of our friends will be overseas anyway, so we are hoping that things will work out. love the quaint, feels like a chapel.

but to keep our options open, we are also considering Fort canning park, because it can hold up to 250 people for the gallery
happy.gif

if i like chapel kinda feel, can consider changi prison chapel museum. very post-war original state.,yet no religious linkage. Super quaint. I wanted to do my solemnization there, but realised that it would be way off my budget for solemnization. only thing is that the chapel is outdoor, but wun take alot to build a tentage there. can consider. coz the last time I went there, the person-in-chrg say I can use the in-door( part of the museum) air-con entrance for my reception after the solemnization. Alternatively, here's an al fresco cafe if it's bad weather.

huiling

i think changi chapel is too out of the way for my friends. most of them lived in the west
happy.gif
feel that it is more rustic looking, not really what i'm looking for, but i feel that the museum as a reception area is very nice
happy.gif

jacko_wacko

HI ladies,
i made a booking for SAM for wedding on 15th Nov 2004 from 5pm to 11pm. however, now i have to let go cos' my future in-laws prefer to have a sit down dinner. anyone happen to want that date n place pls e-mail at [email protected] Re:SAM.

jacko_wacko

Hi ladies,
you need not take over me on the 15th Nov specifically but if you intend to book SAM at all, can e-mail so that you can 'buy' the deposit over from me. price neg.

huiling

Hi jacqueline, how are things with you? managed to sell your package yet? BTW, are you the same Jacqueline from Margaret's bride thread?

Hi Tan T W, have you decided on your venue yet? is it going to be RTC?
happy.gif
heard that RTC can chartered a coach for guests, is it true?
happy.gif

jacko_wacko

Hi girl,
yah i'm also on Margaret Brides thread
happy.gif
no news of any takers yet but SAM is quite nice to give me a year to let go of it.

huiling

Hi Jacqueline, that is very nice of SAM! I'm sure there will be people who are interested in the place
happy.gif
sorry, would have bought the package from you, but we prefer the audi.

muppy

hi ladies, singapore arts museum is which one ah? i only know asian civilisation (pretty nice too and considerably afforable but don't be fooled by the website - if you hold it ouside you need to construct the marquee at an additional $4,800. just for the marquee. so i gave up) and the one at bras basah ... isn't it under renovation?

mooee

yes, the roads outside Olio is under reno.
I hv booked it for my Holy Mat in late Nov. But the noise not a problem. Since we like the chapel so much, so decided to get it. Can't find another nicer looking church.

huiling

hallo Mooee, when is your wedding date? ya taking the glass hall or auditorium? this is the rainy season any backup plan for reception in case it rains?

shireko

Hi Tan Y W,
I've quoted part of your post........
"Would chk out the ACM on Tuesday,that 1 can fit 19 tables, maybe I try squeeze 20. My gf suggested OCC, and Fort Cannning too. So I may check these out too. Panic...Just got my ROM pictures, so bz sorting them out no time to research on venues....
So when your ROM and when ur AD?"

Sorry for being ignorant... what does ACM & OCC stands for? I am currently looking for a venue that allow own caterer instead of inhouse caterer & SAM is too small I need to hold abt 40-45 tables = 400-450pax. Any suggestions??

loppi_tan

Hiye, my wedding was at SAM. I booked the chapel and the glass hall. I used the courtyard too. A very nice, personalised and cosy affair I should say. My guests, my hubby and I were very pleased. Anyone keen to see the pics? I have pics of the chapel and other parts of SAM with my wedding deco.

cello

Hello Su-An,

would love to see the pictures! we are interested as well to have our wedding reception at singapore art museum and love to see how a wedding can look being held there. [email protected]

loppi_tan

Hi Sya,
I think your mailbox is full. Two of the pics that I sent to you bounced back to me. Maybe you would like to clear your inbox.
happy.gif

sqing

Hi Su Ann,

Thanks for the photos! Wow.. the place and decor looks good. I believe you had a fairytale-like wedding yah.

I notice in the Glass Hall photo, you have abt 6-7 dining tables in all and in the centre is the buffet spread? If the buffet spread is placed outside of the GH, what's the max. no. of dining tables the GH can accomondate? Possible to take in 8-10 tables?

I am thinking of having a buffet lunch at GH. Family and relatives will dine in comfort of aircon GH, while friends and colleagues can mingle outside at the courtyard. Do you know whether it is possible to put tentage over the courtyard? Thanks in advance.
happy.gif

loppi_tan

Ke..ke..ke....Thanks.
happy.gif
I am sure yours will be as good.

I think if you do not have the buffet spread in the middle, you definitely will have more space for more round tables.

Should not have any problem building tentages as I once saw someone building a small temp. stage for a live band. It was for a wedding too.

By the way, have you booked the place? Um... why not go for buffet dinner instead. As the fountains of the courtyard will then be lighted up for both sides and it can be really beautiful and romantic.
happy.gif

loppi_tan

Hi bump2 and goobergrape, no prob. Will send them to you shortly. Anyway, you dun have to worry about it being too dark. For the chapel, the best time is before the sun sets. Natural sunlight is required to bring out the essence of the blue stained glass. As for the courtyard, the fountains are lighted up during the night. You should decorate the courtyard...else it will look too empty and plain. With decoration...with candles, everything will look perfect...the mood for love will be just right.
happy.gif

hooner

Hi Su-ann,

i'm interested to look at your pics too. Went down to SAM yesterday to take a look, the place is small but cosy, i'm contemplating between the auditorium and the GH
happy.gif

Thanz in advance.
My email: [email protected]

michyong

Hi Jacqueline,

I am interested to take over your deposit with SAM. Pls ring me 91902590.

I am still awake. You may buzz anytime before 11pm.
Many thanks. Speak to you soon.

loppi_tan

Hi Gals,
So sorry, did not see these messages until today... my internet was down. Okie dokie, I will send to you all by tonite.
happy.gif

loppi_tan

Hi Princess,
My caterer is Kriston. Food is quite good. They are quite accomodating. There is projector for both glass hall and chapel. No food is allowed for the chapel (auditorium). You may have your reception in the glass hall. If you book the glass hall, you may use the courtyard for free too. It is quite nice at night when the fountains are lighted up. Can't remember how much exactly. But I think you can check out from its website: http://www.nhb.gov.sg/SAM/profile/facilities.htm

Let me know if you need more details.
happy.gif

princess_lee

hi Su-An,

Thanks for sharing yr lovely pics with me
kiss.gif
can i ask yrs was a buffet or sit down dinner? you booked both auditorium & the glass hall rite? Do SAM provide sound surround system?

loppi_tan

Hi Princess,
Mine was a buffet. More casual kind of family gathering. Yap, I booked both the auditorium and the glass hall. In the auditorium, there is a good sound system. There is also a person who will help out with the playing of the music. I am not sure about the glass hall. I got musician to play some music during the buffet dinner.

Have you booked the place? If you are booking it, must choose the right time. the courtyard looks good at nite. And the stained glass looks good when the natural light shines in. So you can book from late afternoon to nite and you will enjoy the best of both worlds.
happy.gif