Singapore Art Museum - SAM

lilic

hi ladies

the 2006 bookings for SAM has been released so if you are keen, gotta call fast... i understand that they do keep to one wedding a day and their core activties take priority over weddings..

the contact person is Stephanie Yeow / +65 6332 7989 (Tel)

childlike

hi ladies, i was viewing pics posted in previous posts of the SAM and saw that the walls of the theatre are pink...argh..are they really those shocking pink?

g00ber

Don't worry Ericia, the SAM is a beautiful place to have a wedding. I had mine there
happy.gif

333996.jpg

hatemenot

hi all,

anybody had a hi tea reception in the courtyard?
is the heat bearable?

will stephanie (the coordinator) provide any contingency plans if it rains? =)

i went over there today and saw a small restaurant and cafe at SAM called Venezia Restaurant and cafe. anybody solemize at SAM and have their reception there?
thanks!

wiselyn

tete,

u have to have your own contingency plans for ur wedding recepetion....SAM is only renting the place to you.

depending on what time u are having ur hi-tea reception bah...the heat should be still bearable

hatemenot

hi wiselyn,

thanks for your advice.

I may hold my solemnization at auditorium and eat at the venezia restaurant just round the corner as they can let me have the whole restaurant if I have 40 pax.

hatemenot

hi wiselyn or anybody who can help,

Is cube included if you rent the auditorium?
Will it be complimentary? Please advise for your situation.

Now I have no idea where I can wait before the march in.. hmm

Thanks!

wiselyn

tete,

sorry, not in this thread for along time liao...yes cubes will be included if u book either the auditorium or glasshall...u can double confirm with the lady-in-charge

hatemenot

anybody have any florist contacts that is good and cheap?

or chair cover contacts? thanks!

sad to say.. cubes is not included already, i think they changed their policies

berrinice

hi gals, i am looking for florist to deco for the audiorium below $200. I lurve the romantic feel inside but dun wan to spend too much on deco. any lobang?

dreamz81

hi, I'm also looking for florist to deco the auditorium below $200. those who have please share your contact with me too.

rufflesbride

hi ladies, i'm new here. exploring SAM for my solemnization ceremony. can anyone pls tell me if the SAM auditorium is airconditioned?

piggyrach

Hi rufflesbride, yes the SAM auditorium is airconditioned..but they dun allow u to serve any food or drinks there, so u may wanna consider booking the Glass Hall (airconditioned) downstairs if u intend to haf a reception..or alternatively u can serve in the al fresco courtyards too..

ellytusk

hi, anyone held their event at the Auditorium/ Glass hall? The website state their max seating capacity, but it seems like the venue can contain more.. can someone advise?

If the ROM is at Auditorium and have buffet at Courtyard.. is the courtyard seperately charged as well?

What are the rates?

thanks!!!
happy.gif

yoyo_boy5225

Dear all,

as i mentioned earlier in my post that we had confirmed SAM for our wedding and the deposit and contract was signed in Jan'09.

And a shocking news came to us on 8th June that they are having a re-roofting of the musem around the queen courtyard area.this is just 3 months away from our wedding.and they say that they will try to minimise the sound and will not affect our wedding.

This is rather nonsense and how can they just send us an email last min telling us all this!!!

the reno will only end approx 22 oct so those of you who are considering please do it after that or else i dun know wat will happen.

I think this is very irresponsible of them as they should have all the customer list of wedding dates and should not proceed with the reno.

anyway we have to break our dates and venue and accomodate other dates at ACM.

echidna

Hi Fashion Closet,

Thanks so much for letting us know of the renovations at SAM. I'm not worrying much as my wedding is in December. I hope it will be completed by then. Nonetheless, good on you for letting us know! Good luck with your wedding at ACM!

gerard

Hi! I am in the midst of planning my ROM in Dec09 and SAM is one of my choices.

Any kind soul to semd me some pictures??

My email add: [email protected]
Alternatively, do let me know your blog or facebook address k? Thx!

Cheers and thanks!

yoyo_boy5225

hi echidna & gerard >>> angeline told me that the reno is estimate to complete by end oct'09 so no worries.

Actually thought of having on christmas eve but my parents dun want us to delay too long.thus we decide to change date and venue.

dofjd

Hi there! The fiance and I are also considering having our wedding in SAM. Would appreciate if anyone could send me the details like photos and cost breakdowns (inclusive of external caterer I assume?) I'm at [email protected]. Thanks!

princessemma

Hi there!

I am thinking of holding my ROM too in SAM

appreciate if you can send me pictures and info like florist and caterers to help me plan my big day!

yoyo_boy5225

Hi All, i did not manage to take any photo from SAM the other time.I would suggest that you arrange with angeline to have a site visit.Its actually very romantic and more to the garden theme as they have a small courtyard and a small fountain.

Rental i cant remember liao around 4.2k i think.

Caterer you can look for serene from Kristxx.They are helping me with my buffet dinner @ ACM now.Florist they have a tie-up with The red petals.They are all so helpful and im very satisfied with serene's service.

For more details,you can email me @ [email protected]

ashlene

This thread is quiet. Any SAM brides for 2010?
I'm using the auditorium to conduct a church wedding, followed by a reception at the glass hall downstairs
happy.gif

Anyone knows what sound system the auditorium has?
It says basic sound system provided in the rental brochure... I wonder if it includes mic?