Simple ROM

Zene

Hi, me and my boyfriend are planning for ROM this sept. Unlike most ladies out there, i would prefer to have it really simple. However i do not understand on the solemnization part.
1. Is it a must to have it?
2. If yes, can it be done just me and my boyfriend + the 2 witnesses?
3. Must i really wear a wedding gown or just a simple white dress will do.

Need help, please advice. Thanks in advance. :)

ing1

Hi, me and my boyfriend are planning for ROM this sept. Unlike most ladies out there, i would prefer to have it really simple. However i do not understand on the solemnization part.
1. Is it a must to have it?
2. If yes, can it be done just me and my boyfriend + the 2 witnesses?
3. Must i really wear a wedding gown or just a simple white dress will do.

Need help, please advice. Thanks in advance. :)
Well, isn't ROM = solemnisation?

For your other 2 questions, u can find out more on www.rom.gov.sg

Zene

Well, isn't ROM = solemnisation?

For your other 2 questions, u can find out more on www.rom.gov.sg
Eh? I see. I always thot that ROM is just 2 people + 2 witness and solemnisation is to hire a solemnizer and invite guess (like those in drama where you walk down the church or something)。sorry am so confused :(

spamfries80

1. ROM = Solemnization = legally married
2. You'll need a solemnizer to be present as he or she is the one that'll officially sign your certificate. No sign = not married.

3. Don't need.

eang18

Hi, must the groom wear shirt? Polo T and pants, can?
Extracted from https://www.rom.gov.sg/reg_info/rom_solemnisation.asp :)

Is there any dress code for the marriage solemnization?
Please note that you have to be properly dressed in attire befitting the solemnity of marriage, which is the union between one man and one woman. Proper attire includes shirt and pants or other formal male attire for the bridegroom, and a dress or other formal female attire for the bride. You should also not be dressed in an indecent or unsuitable manner.

This is an important occasion and we expect the parties involved to respect the institute of marriage, the dress code at ROM, and the solemnizer, which would include the attire that the parties choose to wear.

Please note that the Registrar and/or the licensed solemnizer can decline to solemnize a marriage if he or she is of the view that the attire chosen by the parties is not in accordance with the solemnity of the occasion, and the spirit of the marriage as the union between one man and one woman.