Silverlining Bridal Couture

crystal_cloud

HI BTB,
can send me the package for Silverlining?

I wrote email to them to enquire on their price range and they did not reply me
sad.gif

Thanks in advance! Appreciate your kind efforts.

ebearz

Tiffy, thanks for your suggestion, i tired to email some of the other bridal shops, but never receive their replies.. believe that they normally don't share package via email.. that why thought of popping into this thread to check out the rates..

madames

Hi ebearz and pink cloud,

Sorry can't help with providing package details as mine is kinda outdated... its almost 1.5 years ago! haha. The best way to get in touch with Jit is to SMS him or if u dont have his number, email is another alternative. Remember to ask him for his contact number in your email
happy.gif

Hi Pinkfreak,

I too went to TWP during my BS shopping days (coz both SL and TWP are rather nearby). Picky and ridiculous as I may sound, the reason why I dropped TWP on the spot was that I saw this pink ribbon on a gown, one which I think is too thin for the whole dress and of rather inferior quality (single side satin and of thin material). Haha, maybe I just have no fate to be TWP's customer ;-P

pinkfreak

Hi Huey,

So the pink ribbon was the deciding factor eh? :p
Anyway, i've decided to go for SL instead of TWP. Mainly because SL gowns had more wow factor than TWP gowns. Although TWP has a more comprehensive package, I'm a little disappointed with the gowns that I tried on. Anyhow, am glad that i've finally decided on SL!
happy.gif

madames

Haha Pinkfreak, yeah, it was e ribbon. Coz I expected the material to be thicker and also preferably double sided satin. Furthermore, it looks too out of proportion with the gown.... too thin la... haha

And I am glad to learn of your decision too!
happy.gif
I am sure u'll have loads of fun with Jit
happy.gif

msclaire

gals, does anyone know how much is SL's OTR package like? I love barebacks, and heard so much about their gowns.

For the 3rd party photographer that Jit recommends, do they return all the photos by CD, or are they like the rest of the BS who make you pay alot to get the pics back?

madames

Hi msclaire,

I am afraid I can't help u with the package as I signed up with him so long ago. There may be changes to it by now. So it may be better to ask him directly.

As for 3rd party PGs, I chose Andrew Tay from The Edge, one of Jit's partners. He's a reasonable guy. As long as we top up to his min amount of a few hundred dollars, we can get the CD with all the unselected proofs back. I am not sure how's the rate now, but he gave us a good rate for each additional photo i.e. we get a few more pics for the few hundred we top up (meaning each pic cost slightly less than the rate outside).

I personally like the works of my PG coz his album is of the clean cut style. Heavily digitally enhanced pictures with additional clipart, bubbles, props like chandeliers or wallpapers in the studios or even blurred out background photos (with sharper photos overlaid) in the album just doesnt go well with me ;-P

vbear2

hi hi, would just like to find out if the men's suits are tailored in-house or outsourced? are ur hubbies happy w the suits? SL is one of my shortlisted BS, but wanted to find out more on the suits cuz its impt to me that my HTB likes it too =)

madames

Hi Zhen,

I can't be exactly sure if its done in-house or outsourced. But I believe that many BS-es outsource their suits. My husb had no complaints at all of his suit. In case you are not aware, Silverlining lets the groom keep the suits
happy.gif

ju_ed

hi coco,

could u pls send me the link to your pics too? I've shortlisted my BS choice to Silverlining and 1 other. Trying to make up my mind by next month.

Also, could someone please send me the MTM package with and without photography from SL? I visited Jit on Tuesday, and emailed him after that to send me the price list, but he hasnt yet. guess he's a 1 man show, so prob very busy.

My email is: [email protected]

Thanks!

ju_ed

hi all BTB

can i just check with you girls who are erm...top heavy. do strapless gowns suit u?

i really like jit's low back strapless designs and would like to sign with him...however when i was BS scouting i was told by another BS that since i am top heavy, the gown will "slip" downwards. i am not HUGE up there, just that they are big for my body frame.

i would love to hear from the rest of you!

thanks farter, i will call him later.

fannyfart

hey ju_ed... personally i think mayb a nice V-shaped halter will look nice... still can show your "liao" (cleavage) & elegant too...

but most imptly is wat u really want lo.. discuss with jit.. he'll even do a sketch on the spot so u can visualise... thats one best thing about jit...
happy.gif

shyantiffy

yep.. wat me & my hubby love about jit is his sketches la.. so he can visualise how "revealing" the gown is...& decide whether he'll let me go for it or not.. hahahah ;)

madames

Oh yes, I love Jit's sketches. They are done in a few strokes but yet are sufficient to tell the whole story. I'm keeping them till today
happy.gif

ju_ed

hey, farter, thanks for the recommendations. i will definitely do that!

btw, does anyone know if Jit has a fax machine? I've called him to ask him to remind him to send me his packages, but havent gotten any yet
sad.gif
maybe if he has a fax machine I can get him to fax instead of email them over.

shyantiffy

hahaha.. yea..hmmm.. ju_ed... let me check with him when i see him on this sunday lo... I'm going for my EG fitting & trial make-up.. den I'll refresh his memory to send out the pricing to u la!
smile.gif

ju_ed

hi Tiffy,

that's awfully kind of u!! your settings do not accept private messages. i would like to msg u my real name so jit knows who to send it to :p

thanks!

camille

just to compliment... I must say, Jit is v professional and when I went to him last year, he suggested that I should wear a wavy type of bustier gown instead of a straight-cut one, cos he noticed I had broad shoulders. It was spot on! I've tried both types of gown and I was SO convinced he was right. It was only my 2nd time seeing him but he had already taken note of my body shape so to design a gown that flattered me.
Many friends and relatives loved what I wore on my big day. I was a very happy and pretty bride
happy.gif

midori

Hi Gals,
Care to share your experience?

For the liaising of hand bouquet.. do u gals go thro jit or directly with the florist?
And when do u gals get to see the actual hand bouquet?
What if it does not turn out the way you wanted? =(

Thanks!

shyantiffy

hi ju_ed, i didn't receive ur msg leh...wanna email me instead?

Midori... I leave the hand bouquet to jit leh... den came back with a super duper satisfied one!

camille

Midori, Jit will be able to liaise with florist on your behalf. You can provide picture of your preferred hand bouquet to explain your expectation. But Jit was able to give me a nice one without instructions given. So dun be over worried!

ju_ed

hi tiffy,

thanks for helping me ask... i didnt get it at all...checked my junk mail too( in case they got filtered there). weird. sigh. maybe i should make another appointment to drop by again.

btw, does any BTB have a list of the photographers he works with?

thanks a lot!

midori

Hi Tiffy,
Your WG is cool!

I wanted to do your EG design as well .. as in 1 strap thick, and 1 strap thin..
in the end, my mom prefer me to have both sides the same..

wanted to have the flowing behind as well... but i'm not tall enuf. haha..

jueline

BTW...do we have a Silverlining Multiply group? Can anyone send me the contacts? I just love looking at Jit's creation...feels very happy for the bride-to-be... :D

koyoyo

HI there,
I am new here , just wan comment ms tiffy your EG look stunning with you in it. btw, with the mini train n the extra cloth will it be hard to walk around??

shyantiffy

thank you gals!! so happy to get so many positive feedback! Ju_ed i wanted a short one cos I'm a very careless person that will trip myself.. hahaha... so whole afternoon..I'll be safer in short WG.. kekeke.. less hassle also la..den during my cocktail reception.. i can put my tu tu on..so I get more variations..

Koyoyo... nope as long as the train is behind the legs.. its fine tho.. but must get hubby to take note la.. incase he trip on it..

madames

Yeah that's a good idea. Perhaps we can start a Silverlining Multiply if there isnt one yet.

Hi Tiffy,

Do help me tell Jit that I miss my turquoise criss cross back EG so much.... hehe

shyantiffy

Octus...thanks for the comments! think It'll be better that u email jit to ask for the package.. if not.. i think the person here with the lastest package would be Ju_ed..but dunno she got it liao or not leh...

ju_ed

Hi Tiffy, octus,

nope i havent gotten a copy from Jit yet. Have emailed him again last night. Will send it to octus when i do get it.

koyoyo

hi Tiffy (shyantiffy)
every bride worries abt tripping but no worries. u are mei mei on tt day.. magic work come in place.. every thing will be fine .. just communicate w ur fh on this.. he will take special note .. ;P