Silhouette the Atelier

deillusioned

pebz > i have checked with TWP and they said if want exclude the tea dress from package its less $80 so i think not too bad... But unless you are doing your ROM also, tea dress is not necesssary.. so am considering to take that item out hehe...
happy.gif

pebz

lin> But I need 3 outfits. I was thinking of using the tea dress for the solemnization ceremony which I have 2 months prior. SIL has offered to MTM for me (minus the MTM suit).

deillusioned

pebz > hmm... like that ah? Maybe u weigh the pros and cons if u go outside and find a dress which u really like, can u get it for $80 or less... if so then u've got ur answer. Otherwise, sticking with the package might be a better option?
happy.gif

WRT Sil, wow not bad they can MTM the tea dress for u!
happy.gif
But how abt your dearest HTB? I had the same thought but i realised that everything is abt my gowns and me... and the HTB gets only the OTR heheeh... so unfair coz he's paying for it.... so told all BS that i visited that men's suit must be MTM also... at least he can look equally good beside you in your pretty gown ma....

:p

pebz

lin> The MTM is in exchange for the MTM Suit! Which means either MTM suit or MTM dress? Honestly, I do not know if I'm able to get a tea dress for less than $80! I'm having a hard time deciding...I originally wanted a simple gown-satin with beading/crystals, v-necked. I seriously have no idea how it ballooned into a tulle...

deillusioned

pebz > oh! in exchange! hehe.... hmm... maybe u can check with them how much is the top up for either MTM so u get everything MTM?

Oh i love tulle dress/gowns... gives a very princessy feeling...i think ur dress must be beautiful....!
happy.gif

pebz

lin> I have not decided at all. What about you? Are you narrowing down already? If you love tulle, then Silhouette and TWP are good choices I think.

deillusioned

pebz > when is ur AD? I've sort of narrowed down my BS choice but will probably make a decision by mid next month or so only. Dont want to rush into it and there is still abit of time left for me to decide...

And yes I love tulle so im hoping to have lotsa it for my gown
happy.gif

pebz

lin> AD in July 2010 and ROM in May 2010. So I would need to decide soon...I'm hoping to have 1WG,1EG, 1 tea-dress? or look for another for ROM. So am thinking of these various combinations..Looking forward to TWP this evening though...Will update you..

deillusioned

pebz > Oh your Ad is very close to mine. Mine is in June 2010, in between your AD and ROM
happy.gif
Good good take some time to think and look thru as well...

Oh hey i'll be heading down to TWP this evening too! Going down to get tickets to their wedding show, i might just bump into you! Who will u be meeting?

pebz

lin> I have no idea who I'm meeting, I did ask and they just said will arrange accordingly. Who did you meet the other time?

deillusioned

pebz > i met the designer Ling when i popped by the last time. But she is not around today so im not too sure who will you be meeting thou... Do let me know too and ur feedback after ur appt today?
happy.gif
happy.gif

berrygalgal

Hi gals, i'm new to this thread.
i'm shortlisting some of my bridals' boutique, and SIL is in my list.
Is anyone able to provide me with more information of SIL detail?
cos everybody is flooded with TWP detail.
or am in the wrong thead?
help, help me...
I'm lost here!!

pearl_chin

hi galberry> what info do you like to have? package wise, you can scroll up to pebz posting on Monday, July 27, 2009 - 9:01 am for an indication but the best is to check out with Sil on package. Or you can check out facebook...just learnt from pebz abt it too :p

superfamous

pebz, mine is MTM, think the pricing about there too
happy.gif
oh when i signed up for it, if you pay by DBS card, you will get an extra OTR tea dress. can covert that and the free OTR tea dress from the package into a MTM tea dress. but can only be short dress, not long! we getting quite OT! maybe should talk about it in the TWP thread? :p

i enquired about MTM tea dress from silhouette when i was looking for ROM dresses. they quoted me from $600 onwards. (actually i went down twice, once they told me $600, another time they told me $800..). i think getting a MTM suit from them and getting your tea dress elsewhere is more worthwhile. i'm sure you can find a tailor to make your dress for lesser than what it will cost your HTB to make a suit at the tailor.

galberry, i think if you scrolled up someone posted details of the silhouette package
happy.gif

deillusioned

pebz> hey so how was ur appt? I dropped by abt 645pm, were u there coz i saw a couple enter just before i went in..... anyway i've made up my mind already for my BS! :D:D

galBerry> Sorry this is Sil thread but we were all chatting and jus digressed a little hehe.....

pebz

not superfamous > yes, that's the promotion which TWP shared with me at my appointment last evening.

lin > It was ok but I couldn't really fit into the gowns, haha! Yes, I think you saw me and were you wearing leggings? Cuz I sorta wondered if it was you. Keke! You spoke to Jordan? SIL called me today and did a follow up.. So how! Who you selecting? TWP and SIL competitive huh?!!

deillusioned

pebz > oh is there a promo now with DBS? Maybe i shld check with them if there are any other cc promos?.....

I didnt hear that from the designer thou... And hey i couldnt fit into any of the gowns (tried only 3) so i seriously have to lose some weight or MTM my gowns larger haha... yes yes that was me in leggings and sunglasses. rushed in and out quickly coz i illegal-parked outside haha.....

i was thinkin if that was you with your htb but i shy coz i didnt know what time u were heading down.... Patrick attended to you right? The guy whom i was speaking with Jordan, he is very nice, co-owner with Patrick.

Wow Sil did follow up ar? So surprised! So have you decided???? I'm decided on TWP and is definitely OT here hehehehe......

You can PM me if u feel OT too... :p

pebz

lin > SIL did 3 follow-ups with me, calling to ask if there were further queries and each time it was answered promptly. HTB didn't like any of the gowns that I tried though... The package at TWP definitely is more comprehensive so I may speak to people from SIL again on working something out... Btw, how was your experience with SIL?

deillusioned

pebz > wow they're good.... the only follow ups i had were from Ja2z and JWN... hee~

Actually for Sil, i didnt make any appt, but walked-in since i was around the area. Understand that you need to make appt as it can get very busy but service could have improved.

The environment is not as cosy and comfortable as TWP and I was brushed aside the moment i said i didnt make any appts. I mentioned that i will look ard on my own and if i could see a catalog...

After I was done, one the the designers (a filipino) just shoved me her name card asked me to call for appt next time and walked away.

Anyway, when i did call to make an appointment (during wkday offpeak timing), they did not sound friendly at all while i was making my enquiries.. so i decide not to pursue and settle for TWP which has left a very good impression...
happy.gif

pebz

lin > Oh. I walked in without an appointment too and I requested for a name-card so I could make 1 the following week. However, she was kind enough to make an appointment for me on-the-spot. I guess I walked in at a time, where it was pretty empty so she could speak with me. As for TWP, I did feel that Patrick was just waiting for me to ask questions and nothing more. It was the shortest time spent in a BS for me.

vespertine

Hi everybody... Just wanted to "announce" that I have signed up with Silhouette! I have always loved their tulle gowns and after visiting quite a few bridal shops and trying a variety of dresses, I have decided Silhouette is the one!

Sorry to hear about some of your unpleasant experiences. When I went for my first appointment to try on the dresses, they were very busy too and were still attending to customers. However they were very polite and invited me to sit down, passed us some drinks and catalog. From time to time, they would keep apologising and ask for a few minutes more. So even though I waited around 20 minutes, me and my hubby were not irritated at all.

Anyway the most important thing is the rapport and chemistry you feel after visiting the shop and trying the dresses. I also went TWP and was serviced by Ling. She's very nice. But somehow, I feel that Silhouette is more "me".

Will be going to their fashion show on the 16 Aug, after which Caroline said I will need to schedule my first fitting soon! Excited!!!

pearl_chin

pebz> just realised that you wanted a simple satin gown originally....I guess by now you have fallen in love with tulle gowns? I am just counting down the time to have my final fitting later...do let me know if you wanna take a look at my gown :p

pebz

pearl chin > I'm still torn between the 2 so will decide later...must be really exciting..Wow! Its really generous of you to wanna to let me have a look..keke! I seriously don't mind.

jitterybride

Hello there! I've been a reader for awhile & just figured out how to use this forum!
happy.gif

Am also stuck with figuring out whether Sil has a more comprehensive package or TWP. So far have only made it down to TWP and will go to Sil soon. Are there any kind souls who can tell me more?

When I went down to TWP a new designer attended to me. She was quite patient and nice
happy.gif
but very young, so I'm not sure if she's experienced enough? Will you ladies prefer to use Patrick? I feel so pai seh to ask her if I could speak with Pat (in order to see whether we got 'chemistry' or not).

So far when I caught his eye he also kinda like just looked at me and walked away..

pebz

Lisa Lim > I suggest you meet up with SIL too then you decide? Its really personal preference and how comfortable you are.

jitterybride

thanks for ur advice pebz
happy.gif
i went down again on friday to sign up with TWP and both Pat & Ling were really sweet to explain all the details.

deillusioned

Lisa > Congrats on finding your BS! I just signed up with TWP too. I think you should decide on the designer based on their design style as each one of them have their speciality.

I think you might like to chat with 2-3 of the designers before deciding who to choose...
happy.gif

dyeann

hi pearl .. i'm interested in sil as well so is your package as what pebz posted as $4580 nett or you have to top up for beading or material?
happy.gif

if you don't mind could you share a picture of your gown?

pearl_chin

melissa> thank you
happy.gif
my top is corded lace, not crystals??? hmmm.......the bottom part is sequins.... :p

dyeann> my package is different from what pebz has posted cos I did a change in top, so its not MTM....I signed up quite a while back...

faylene

Hey anyone here signed the package from the recent 16 Aug bridal show with SIL? I'm going down this saturday so was wondering if anyone can share any tips on what else SIL can offer.

ngie22

Hi all... I went for the show at GWC.... saw the fashion show too. "BEAUTIFUL" was the theme of their new range. Realise they featured quite alot of mermaid gowns this year.... As I have a heavy hips, i wasnt so keen on those mermaid gowns. Until the last few gowns, were quite nice!
happy.gif

After the show, i went to check out the package... Frankly speaking, I think the $4K plus package, which is inclusive of the photographer service... is not worth it actually. There are alot of hidden cost.... Pre-wedding shoot by 9frames, is only 4Hrs. And we all know, that 4hrs is definately not enough.... And there could be extra charges, for additional hours required....

Secondly, the package doesnt consist of MTM gowns. If u want to MTM your gown, u have to forfeit the photography service, which is included in the $4K plus package, tats provided for u. But, but but.... the MTM, doesnt include special effect gowns. Meaning, if the gown u desire, turn out to be someting which is very complicating, more manpower, more details tat kind, have to top up more $$$ for your MTM....

I would say, i really love their gowns... but too expensive...
sad.gif

melissa_tan

Pearl Chin> Yeah, I went for the show. This sat, I will be going down to SIL to try on some of the gowns again =)

Faylene> which outlet are you going this sat? I'm going to the Amoy one.