Silhouette the Atelier

ccteott

Hi Martha,

Me too! I did four years of Fashion & Fabrics in Sec school but didnt have the $$$ to further it after that so went to JC instead
sad.gif

marthastewart

you can go to the polytechnic what...but very boring one cos all the students are weird, aloof and look scary. HOWEVER, they get to make their own clothes. I took graphic design instead...

sometimes i experiment clothing designs on my dog! HAHHAH! but she just wrecks the clothes cos she rolls on the floor and it gets dirty and worn out...

ahcapp

Hi tintin & bubbles,

I will give them a call tomorrow to try to make an appointment. I don't know what is my vital stats. Hmm... a UK size 12? I will love to try on the gowns if possible =) That will allow me to get the feel of the gowns to see if that is what I am looking for.

Will get back to u all once I got an appointment with them =) So excited!

ccteott

Ah Capp,
They have a few plus size brides so not to worry. I'm sure they will have gowns that you can try
happy.gif

Martha,
Opps! sorry... ok ok i go change now...

ahcapp

Hiya TinTin,

I wonder what do you all mean by "Silhouette Experience" so I am pretty excited about my upcoming appointment /w them. It'll be my first time trying on actual wedding gowns for my future husband to see. =) He is very patient and is eager to see me in a gown too.

Do they store all their gowns in their shop?

ccteott

Hi AhCapp,

Cannot tell you too much if not I will spoil it for you. Its best that you make a trip down to experience it yourself
happy.gif

superbunny

Hi girls!!!

My first fitting is this sat! yeah! can't wait
happy.gif

bubbles - will you be there too? Mine appt is at 11am.

happy.gif
after the fitting, can go and pig out a bit liao.. i haven't been able to eat all the CNY good food!

eejean

Hi Steph,
wah..i will be working at that time...alamak...damn..so exciting..sigh,..me going down on friday afternoon with vern to take measurements and choose fabric again...
sigh....better to arrange another date to pig out?

tintin, what about you?

marthastewart

hey guys, can I double check the package with Silhouette, for 3.9k do you get the makeup artist? Cos i realised i did a la carte cos I don't need decor and groom suit but after adding separate cost of makeup artist it's almost the same cost, so I may as well take a package!!! but i don't want their suit, i wonder if can exchange for other things or minus cost.

someone let me know pls? thankieee

ccteott

$3.9 includes makeup.
happy.gif
You can ask for exchange of suit for a teadress or something also.
happy.gif
Speak to Heath and see what he can do for you ok?

marthastewart

hi tintin, yeah, i guess I would have to ask him again. I didn't want suit cos I can get better MTM one with pure wool, and I wanted to do my own corsages and bouquet and bridal decor. However, the makeup artist is just too ex! Hey, can I tell them to do the corsages and the bouquet the way I want it?. I seen some really nice ones in the magazines and seriously, it's like so ez to do!

marthastewart

hey Tin Tin, i think Heath said the Grooms Suit is 600+ bux, isn't that rather a lot to exchange for a tea dress? Then I will still need to get the suit done which still costs about 500 bux.

I wonder if it's possible that Silhouette uses my material to do the suit and 2 shirts or so. OR I could get the tea dress and 2 shirts. Whatever it is, I have to fork out more than the package price of 4K.

Oh, and then if i don't do photoshoot, what do they do with the extra bouquet and makeup session that's included?

As for tea ceremony, what do you guys wear besides a Kwa? Can just wear normal dress right? Anyone who has seen such stuff share share pls?

Thank you!
happy.gif

eejean

Hi Martha,

I bought an OTR teadress from sil from their charmuse collection- a green shantung silk CS with embrodiery and beading- that cost $400, so you can estimate from there? a shirt costs btw $80-$100 so you could get a MTM teadress and 2 shirts (i think), that would be quite a fair deal? from my "research", a CS in shantung can cost quite a bit, so perhaps you could get a tea dress from them?

well, keep in mind the tea dress must be modest enough to kneel down in..hahahha..;)..

about the flowers- i did not get from sil- PS also dun need flowers(in my opinion), so will just make do with flowers on the AD.

about the makeup- get the amount deducted from your package price? should be around $200-$300??

I am only taking the MTM EG, MTM suit, and MUA for PS and AD from them, that cost slightly more than 2k..

marthastewart

hi bubbles, thanks so much for your info! I am getting my gown from them then it's already near 3K! ANYWAY, your dress sounds fab, i lurve cheongsam and i lurve shantung silk, thai silk, etc those kinda interesting uncommon fabrics. I will definitely ask them about the MTM or OTR teadress and shirts.

THANKS ALSO for the pointer that the dress must be enough to kneel down in!

You're fab! Luve you! :D

eejean

Hi Martha,

no prob..;)..you can ask heath to show you my CS, its still there as i am adding more details...tell him Ee Jean's one lor..hahhahaa..think i may get a faux/cheap jade hairpin to go with it, look cheeeena, ahhaa..

have a great weekend!

Hi Steph and Tintin,
good news to report! measurements have dropped! eh, underbust dropped by two inches..hehee..now for my butt!!

wanted to ask miah whether can see your gown, but shy lar ahhahhaa....let me know how it goes today!

tintin, how are ya doing? going bintan soon hor..

marthastewart

hey bubbles, i mentioned to him but i didn't see your message earlier otherwise will mention your name to him. anyway, i am going there again 2 wk later so can ask him about it. I told him about the package thing, he say no problem, just let him know what type of teadress then see if can work in the dress and 1 or 2 shirts or if the dress is very elaborate then cannot. I won't be taking grooms suit, photo bouquet and makeup session so there is some amount of value to play with.

i tried on some dresses yesterday so fun but man, singaporean gals are so skinny i can't zip up any of the dresses! duchess satin so common but i think it's best to hold the shape, hide the bulges and project a fair amount of grandeur.

so exciting i get to make 3 dresses! Yay!

did you guys go to female brides bridal fair last year at GCW? i lurve the silhouette white checkered thai silk cheongsam with tie string ribbon behind...but heath say dun think got other colours and i dun wan another white outfit.

*sigh* i luve clothes...

superbunny

Hi bubbles!!

happy.gif
fitting was great fun! they will have to adjust the EG by a lot cos the skirt was all wrong.. so going back to see them again in 3 weeks time! Cross fingers that all will turn out well..
happy.gif

steph

eejean

Hi Steph!

wow..ccan't wait for my turn in april..hee..did you see the cover of the latest wedding & travel mag? i told heath i really like the design for my EG (the top half anyway) so hope it turns out well.;)

how come your skirt all wrong??? how was your WG?;)

Hi martha,
my WG (bought OTR from Allure Charix) is in duchess satin- think it is quite forgiving, ;)..mine is a strapless dropped waist ballgown.;)

superbunny

hi bubbles!

WG was alright
happy.gif
no details on it yet cos only first fitting! EG is a 2 piece mah, so they sew too many gathers on the skirt, look like it is so big when i wanted a slim cut
happy.gif
its okie, they are changing it now..

no, didn't see the latest cover! did u buy it? did u get the style mag too? anyone can tell me if it is any good?

steph

inpreps

Hi all,

I'm new here! Actually, I've been lurking around this thread for a while but I've finally decided to join you gals today! I've already signed up with Silhouette and had my first design appointment with Minda today. It was great! Although I have not much idea on what type of gown I want, Minda was really patient in guiding me along and offering suggestions. Will have to do more homework before seeing her a second time =p

Hey Steph, I've this nagging feeling that you are the Steph Ho that I know from your previous company...=)

superbunny

ah!! yes, i was with them too..haha.. no need to say in code name.
happy.gif
its a great way to fly!

maybe u would like to let me know who u are?

eejean

Hi Steph,

the mag itself is lousy lar, can always show you when we meet up..;)..

oh..two piece EG? whats it like?? i wanna KP!!
anyways my EG will be light pink with lime green accents- so girly..ahha

hi carelinwen,
welcome! eh it really depends on what you need? steph and i take it ala carte, for me, i am taking a MTM suit, EG, shirts, teadress, MUA, they will also help me add accents to my WG.

inpreps

bingo Steph! Not too sure if it was that great a flight though...I was your co-committee member for the D&D...hehe...I'm dropping an email to you now...=p

carelinwen

Hi bubbles,

I should be going for normal package with photography, MTM WG, EG, tea dress, suit, make-up, accessories and car. Cos there is no info about silhouette packages at the website at all.

carelinwen

Oh ya,

What are the main strengths of each of the 3 designers? If I am just assigned one during my 1st appointment, can I change after that?

Please PM me if there are any advice. Thanks!

marthastewart

hi carelinwen, the package is $3980 with MTM Rent Wedding Gown, MTM To Keep evening gown, MTM To keep groomssuit, makeup artist for photoshoot, trial, actual day day and night, bouquet, corsages and car decor for actual day and rental of accessories and costume jewellery. The photo shoot is an additional $1.2k - $1.5k depending on the photographer chosen.

I just signed up so i got all the costs firmly memorised in my head! Go see them, they are really nice and friendly and helpful!

carelinwen

Hi martha,

Thanks! So final should be a little above $5K lah. K... can go prep FH so his eyes would not 'pop' out when there.

Made appointment already but it is more than a week from now... very excited, cannot wait to go down.

Did anyone do pre-wed shoot at beaches? Does silhouette lend you gowns that can be dirtied? Like those normal BS, they will have selected gowns that you can bring out for photoshoot and can go unto the sand and even into sea in it. Cos I was thinking no one will risk wearing their AD WG into the sand/sea right? Then how to take nice beach photos?

marthastewart

hi carelinwen, i asked Heath about pre-shoot, he say you can bring out once its made finish but if dirty you gotta go dry clean yourself as they won't cover any dry clean costs for pre-shoots :)

ginko_nuts

Hi
Can anybody please advise on how much is their MTM (rental) package with SIL without photoshoot? I am very interested in SIL but have to keep within $3.5K budget.

carelinwen

Hi martha,

Thanks for helping me ask. That still means at your own risk lor.. what if u get some permanent stains that cannot come off??? Then have to buy the gown *faint*

ccteott

Hi inpreps

Welcome to this tread, oh behalf of the members of <font color="0000ff"> The Silhouette Fan Club</font> we would like to extend our warmest welcome and hope that your wedding preparations will be a blissful and enjoyable experience for you and your future husband *HUGZ*

Would you like to fill us in on your wedding details so I can upload you unto our fan club table?
happy.gif

ccteott

Silhouette Fan Club Member’s Details as at 1 March 2005

<table border=1><tr><td><font size="-2">Nick</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">AD</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dinner venue</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Church / Solemnization</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Designer</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">PS Photo</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">AD Photo</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Video</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Lovenest</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Sweetpea</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">15 Jan 05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Raffles Hotel </font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Wesley Methodist </font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Miah</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">The Edge</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">The Edge</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">-</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">-</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Steph Ho</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">23 Apr 05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Conrad </font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Conrad </font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Miah</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">-</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">The Pond</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">FabianLim</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"> Bedok</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Jeanz</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">30 Jul 05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Meritus Mandarin</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Barkar Road Methodist </font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Miah</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Pentaserve</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Pentaserve</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">-</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">River Valley</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Rokko</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">10 Sep 05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Fullerton</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">St Andrew's</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Miah</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">-</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Pentaserve</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">-</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Hillview</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">MarilynTeo</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">11 Sep 05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Sheraton Towers</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Sharaton Towers</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Heath</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Robin</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">-</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Simei</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Cutepigs</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">18 Sep 05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Marina Mandarin</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">St Mary's of the Angels</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Minda</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Utopia</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"> Kalydescope</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">-</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"> Bukit Batok</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">J Tan</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">18 Sep 05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Four Seasons</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Four Seasons</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Heath</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Photolanguage</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Pentaserve</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">-</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Katong</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">JS</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">01 Oct 05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Burkhill Hall</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Burkhill Hall</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Miah</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"> Clementi </font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Martha</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">02 Oct 05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Grand Copthorne</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Grand Copthorne</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Heath</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">DIY</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">The Pond</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">DIY</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Novena</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Bubbles</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">08 Oct 05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Meritus Mandarin</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Meritus Mandarin</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Heath</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">The Pond</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">The Pond</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">-</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Choa Chu Kang</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">JimmyGo</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">06 Nov 05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Four Seasons</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"> Four Seasons</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Miah</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">The Pond</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">The Pond</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">FabianLim</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">-</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Blush</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">19 Nov 05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Fullerton</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">St Ignatius</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Miah</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Chris Ling</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Benny Ang</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">-</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Bishan</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Trolly Dolly</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">19 Nov 05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Raffles the Plaza</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Jubilee</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Miah</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">-</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">-</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">DIY</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Telok Blangah</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Busybee</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">16 Dec 05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Regent</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Regent</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Miah</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">ChrisLing</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Hurricadia</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">-</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Seng Kang</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Tintin</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">09 Dec 06</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Marriott &amp; Siloso Beach</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">St Vincent De Paul</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Heath</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Friends of The Pond</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Friends of The Pond</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">FabianLim</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Holland</font></td></tr></table>

Newest member update: <font color="0000ff"> Martha, TinTin </font>

ccteott

Hi Ginko

The standard Silhouette package is $3980 with MTM Rent Wedding Gown, MTM To Keep evening gown, MTM To keep groomssuit, makeup artist for photoshoot, trial, actual day day and night, bouquet, corsages and car decor for actual day and rental of accessories and costume jewellery without the photoshoot (quote from Martha)
happy.gif

ccteott

Hi carelinwen

Really depends on which beach you go to...
happy.gif
Honestly I dont recommend any local beaches to shoot but if you must then go to Tanjong Beach in Sentosa, its got the most decent waters there.

ccteott

Hi Bubbles,

As you can see, I'm back from my Bintan photoshoot
happy.gif
I tell you... it was so good! I can't wait to post the images up on the website after NH processes them. It was a four day shoot but the couple REALLY REALLY loved the photos... She was like so happy and hugging us telling us how we made her dream come true etc...etc... Made me kinda jealous coz I know I'll never be able to get photos like that since he's going to be on the other side of the camera
sad.gif

So how was kick boxing on Monday?

eejean

Hi tintin,
thats gude..guess you had tons of fun on that trip! hmm...mebbe can ask him whether he wants to do a bintan shoot too..heehehehee..

kick-boxing was fun! we were real bad at coordinating though..hmm...;)..

steph and i were thinking of meeting up the week after, when is gude for you? email us, email us..

ccteott

Bubbles
Our client rented Bunyan Biru for $175 a day only. Its like a bangalow with three bedrooms and everything... that can house six people. Its quite a cool place. Must show you the photos once they are ready
happy.gif

Next week sounds good... Let me know when you guys wanna meet. I need to go shopping before I go off to Europe...can meet up that day I suppose
happy.gif

superbunny

Harlow harlow!!!

happy.gif
WAh... bintan.. i want also! Yes, yes, also want to see the photos
happy.gif

Am dead tired after a whole day of shopping and not being able to buy anyhing! sigh.. i think i definately conquered orchard road.

Bubbles, tintin, let's meet up.. bubbles, u pick a date okie?

love
steph

inpreps

Hi TinTin!

Thks for the warm welcome! Our details as follows:-

AD : 19 Nov 05
Dinner : 20 Nov 05
Church : Church of the Holy Family
Dinner venue : Raffles the Plaza
Designer : Minda
PS Photog : Utopia
AD Photog : Pentaserve
Video : Fabian Lim
Lovenest : Old Airport Rd

eejean

Hi Steph and Tintin,

okies..hmm..after kickboxing class next monday (14 March?)..siglap?

huh? didn't buy anything? how's that possible?? me thinking of spurlging on a Coach bag, sigh, temptations temptations...isetan private sale next week, sure can find something there!