Sheraton Towers Singapore Hotel

mandysst

hi all,

i mean ritz chef went over to ST. i know become i was holding a major event there and met up with the catering sales director hence becoming frens. she mention it to me. so cannot be wrong. it is also one of the reason why we hold the event there.

cheers

mandy

D

damnjian

Hi all,

Seems like there is an exchange of chefs between ST and Ritz?Anyway,I hope the quality of the food will not be compromised as ST will upkeep its name.

E

excited bride

Hi bear318,

I tried the food in Mar this year. I presume that the Exec. Chef has already left by then but the food taste just as good! 1 thing to note - even if the food tasted excellent during the food-tasting session, be prepared for the standard to drop a bit cos cooking for the mass....

lingz

thanks! kat22
happy.gif

Hi all,

like to chk normally how many mths b4 do u go 4 food tasting?

mae

Hi excitedbride and Eve,

I met up with Roger last Saturday, I agree that he is nice to chat with but seem that it's not easy to get him to throw in freebies. Any comments?

BTW, does ST provide projector and screen for couples to run slide shows?

mae

Hi sheraton brides,

May I know if you folks have to bear the costs for
ballroom decoration?

What are the charges if we Sheraton's projectors for running slide shows?

E

excited bride

Hi Mae,

Roger attended to my friend who booked Sheraton and got married in mar this yr. She's really happy with his service. Maybe you try to talk nicely to him and see if he can throw in freebies for you. What kind of freebies are you looking at anyway?

The cost of the ballroom deco will be bear by the hotel unless you have something elaborate in mind. You might need to communicate yr ideas to Roger or the florist to let him know what you want.

I'm not too sure abt the charges but i know they do charge for the projectors. I haven't thot of using it yet so i didn't ask them abt that...

kat22

Mae - No, ballroom decoration is included as part of the dinner package. I dun have to pay for it. I think there are 2 themes to choose from. Hw, if we want decor items outside the hotel standard decor package, we may hv to pay extra for it. I think this shld be the same for other hotels as well. For slide shows, sheraton is charging me $150 for the projector and screen. Heard from my fren this is cheap...dunno the mkt rate leh...
happy.gif

flowy - i think people normally go for food tasting abt 2 mths before the dinner. Did your coordinator give you a wedding checklist booklet together with your contract? It will tell u when you shld collect ur cards, fd tasting, seating, etc. For me, i am hving my fd tasting in June (my wedding is in Sep)
happy.gif

mae

Hi Excited Bride,

I am not asking for elaborated decoration, its the standard decor that they are offering.

I will be taking a weekday pkg, 17 tables. I book the pkg during the recent wedding show.

Initially, I was looking at a weekend pkg. The staff said they can't give me a $50 discount per table since I m only booking 17 tables.

She says that she can give me the $50 discount if
I book 20 tables and on the condition that I bear part of the charges for the decoration.

When Roger took over, he actually persuaded me to take a weekday pkg. However the terms he stated are still very much the same as that discussed for weekend pkg.

Perhaps I've in a way lost bargaining power cos I've already placed a deposit with them ...sigh!

E

excited bride

Hi Mae,

In that case, dun worry. You negotiate with Roger to tell him that since you took his professional advice to take the weekday package instead of the weekend, you expect to have the standard hotel decor FOC because you have already compromised on the $50 discount per table.

Let me know the outcome. If not, I think of more ideas for you to 'negotiate' with him....

mae

Hi Excited Bride,

Thanks for the moral support. I was feeling so stressed up with the additional cash that I hv to fork out. Tho' itd only $300+++ but this sum is enuff for me to hire a wedding consultant to run errands for me/ a musician to perform during the banquet.

I am not trying to be "ngiao", I just dun feel justified.

My email is [email protected], perhaps we can correspond through email to share more ideas with regards to wedding preparations
happy.gif

Thanks again, really appreciate your thoughts of helping 'formulate' reasons to negotiate ;)

E

excited bride

Hi Mae,

You are welcome! I think any amt that is not justified spending, however little, will affect the overall preparation mood of the wedding. Dun let that bog you down cos there will be more problems ahead of us....e.g. wedding invites!?

I will take note of yr email address....no problem. Tell me in the thread if you hv problems,k? =}

mae

through the series of discussion, i'm really confident of roger's service...his professionality is highly commendable!

E

excited bride

Hi mae,

congrats!! I am so happy for you - i told you they are pretty open to negotiations. Just explain yr circumstance to them, i believe that they will understand. Keep in touch!

mooncake

Does anybody knows how many wedding coordinators does Sheraton has?

Will your coordinator be present on your actual day??

I will like to have a wedding checklist
please email me at [email protected] if possible

Thank you

kat22

Hi, Mooncake

I think Alvin and Roger are the two main wedding coordinators at ST although i think there is another lady who also coordinates wedding...cant remember her name liao..sorrie. Are you planning to have your banquet at Sheraton??
happy.gif

kat22

Hi, everyone

Feel kinda sad now..just heard from my coordinator that there will be another wedding dinner at the function rooms near my ballroom on my wedding nite. Thot mine will be exclusive...din know they actually allow another couple to hold their wedding dinner at the function rooms. Although theirs is a small affair, few tables only..i am afraid that the food quality might be affected
sad.gif
Worst..what if they serve the wrong dish or my guests ended up in the wrong place! Anyone has attended wedding dinners at ST where there are 2 banquets going on at the same time? How's the food?

partygal

Hi Kat22,

I'm shocked to hear that. Becos Alvin told me that they will ensure that there are no two brides on the same day, and even if there's booking for other function rooms, they're for business or other non-bridals.

partygal

Hi Kat22,

Checked with ST. Sorry, I misunderstood. They will not allow 2 brides to share the ballroom (meaning if you take Ballrooms 1&2, they will not have another bride to take 3&4), but not the function rooms. If there is request, they will still sell.

kat22

Hi, Gemi

Yar..i was quite shocked to hear the news at first too. I remembered asking him if the function rooms will be used for weddings b4 i booked and he said not likely as the function rooms are small...always thot mine will be an exclusive affair...now this...argh...
guess it will be unreasonable for me to ask them to refuse another couple if they are keen to have their wedding there...but one of the main reason i want to hold my wedding there is the so-call exclusivity...
well..only consolation is that our reception area is more private...just hope the other couple wont intrude into my space! Think i better make sure they segregate the place properly that day..hahaha
actually my main concern is the food lor 'cos the same set of chefs will do the cooking for the two banquets..dunno will delay or not. aiyah...what to do..can only pray hard things go well that nite...
happy.gif

sorry people..hope u dun mind me venting my frustrations here...ST is still a gd choice...if not..there wont be so many couples wanting to hold their weddings there!
happy.gif
Just be prepared that if your wedding date is a hot date, you might have to share the hotel with another couple..
happy.gif

partygal

I suppose for me, the problem is the function room and ballroom is so close. So if there is 2 wedding, you will see 2 brides standing quite close right? Anyway, they are a business entity, and there's nothing to stop them if there is money to make. Anyway, hopefully the quality of food is still there, and it justifies us choosing that place.

So how's your preparation coming along? Just 3 more months to go. Mine still a long way. Don't think I'd want to worry about ST too much since it's nothing I can control, if not, got more and more things to worry.

jolene

Hi Kat,

Dun worry, ya? I think things will be okay. I haven't checked if my date also have another couple... maybe I will call my coordinator and check with her later. Hows your prep coming along? Just finalised the printing of my cards... Getting kinda worried also, dunno if I have done sufficient preparation till date...

kat22

Hi, Gemi and Jolene

Thanks...you are rite..no pt worrying
happy.gif
Think the chefs shld hv similar experience, rite? cant be i so suay to be the 1st?! anyway, I went to the sheraton website yesterday to take a look at the floor layout..it is not as bad as i thot 'cos the ballroom area is really private compared to the function rooms. All my guests have to pass by the function rooms but at least i dun think i will have their guests wandering into my area
happy.gif
I attach the layout here..dunno if it works
5412.gif

My gowns are almost completed..going for my trial next week! photoshoot in end june. Cant wait
happy.gif
Will start printing my cards soon...need to go and get my papers and ribbons. Oh yes, i am going for my fd tasting on 22 June..will let u gals know how's the fd
happy.gif
Alvin wil not be at the fd tasting 'cos it's sunday but he will definitely be present during my wedding. Hehehe..think there are still alot to do...dunno got enough time or not! gemi - better get as many things off your checklist as possible so u can relax nearer your wedding
happy.gif

kat22

Ha..it works! ok, just for info...areas A to D forms the ballroom while E to G are the function rooms..
happy.gif

partygal

Hi Kat22, that's a good one. At least for those who haven't signed up, they can get an idea how it looks like, as some people may mind the L-shape ballroom.

Let us know the result of your food tasting. I can't wait to eat the soft shell crab again..yum yum. Have you tentatively selected your dishes already?

kat22

Hi, gemi

yeah...some people mind the L-shape ballroom. Hw, as i am only using A-C, the ballroom actually looks quite nice
happy.gif
Are u planning to use the entire ballroom??

Oh yes, i love soft shell crab too! yummy! Unfortunately FH doesnt like it so we wont be hving this during the food tasting...yup, selected the dishes liao. Alvin says the dishes can be different from actual banquet but we will need to pay if we wanna try later.

by the way, alvin reassured us again that the fd quality wont be affected. hope so..i am keeping my fingers crossed
happy.gif
will keep u posted on my fd tasting...

partygal

Thanks....looking forward to hearing from you again after your food tasting.

Tentatively, I have A-C too...but if not enuf tables, then maybe use A&B only, then it won't be L-shape anymore.

See ya...

star

Hi Kat / Gemi

Wow glad to see that this thread is alive again

I am shock to hear tt they allow another couple at the function room.... Alvin told me usually no event also!!

Kat.... the thot of the food really make me drool
blush.gif

Keep us informed of the food...so are u getting ST to recommend the printer or u print yrself??

Gemi, if u are using the A - B, it can be quite cramp.. the first time I saw the ball room was A-B and the stage was a bit diff... it is at the centre and at the corner. but overall very nice.

kat22

Hi, Star

Glad to hear from you again
happy.gif

Well, there is nothing i can do abt sharing the hotel with another couple that nite...just hope things turn out well that day. At least i know now than get the shock on the day itself
happy.gif
let's hope you gals wont kanna the same
happy.gif
dun worry lah...I guess very few couples will go for such a small event...think i am just suay lor..hiaz..on the brighter side...it also means my wedding day very gd date leh...
biggrin.gif

I plan to print the inserts myself. Tried a few samples liao and they look quite nice
happy.gif
I shld be buying the papers and ribbons today
happy.gif
It is quite fun to DIY the cards yourself but also time-consuming
happy.gif
Hw abt you gals? Hv you seen their cards? They have so many nice choices that me and my Fh had a hard time deciding on one! But it is a pleasant problem..hehehe
wink.gif

star

Hi Kat

Well I think yr date is a good day... that's why.

I seen the card be4 i book with ST. How do u print yrself... incld any chinese words?

Hi Mae

Not sure how'syr pkg with ST cos I rememb the min table for weekday is 25 and weekend is 30.

Anyway, If I remember correctly, the set u I saw with Ballrm A-b was abt 20-22. A bit cramp but still acceptable.

kat22

Hi, star

My card is a square envelope-like card where you need to print loose inserts, place them in the card, close the four-flaps with stickers or ribbons..dunno if you can imagine my card
happy.gif
Anyway, for the chinese invite, i used the software Chinese Star to type out the words. For the wordings, i use my frens' invitation cards as guides
happy.gif
If you are keen, i can email you the chinese invite but u will need the chinese software to open it.
happy.gif

partygal

Hi Mae,

I'm not really sure how it looks like with 19 tables, but like what Star said (thanks, Star), could be a bit cramp. I haven't decided yet, but I might use Ballroom 3 as well, if my guest list increases to over 22 tables. But hopefully I don't need to use it, so that I don't have the L-shape setup.

Hi Kat22, I think I know which card you are referring too...I thought that one was unique too. With the four flaps. I think I will have a big problem choosing the cards, cos there are so many nice ones.

kat22

Hi, gemi
wow..din know they actually accept bookings for less than 25 tables! My FH and I initially wanted only abt 22 tables but was told that the minimum is 25. Is yours on a weekday?
happy.gif
Dun worry abt choosing the cards..it is really fun flipping through the huge album and shortlisting one
happy.gif
So, when will you be selecting your cards? Your wedding is in Dec 02 rite?
happy.gif
Oh yes, my fd tasting is likely to be rescheduled to 29 June. WIll let you gals know the outcome then
happy.gif

Hi, Mae
Sorry..i dunno if it will look cramp...i will be going down ST this mth..will help you take a look at the ballroom
happy.gif
Hv you signed up with ST or still considering?

partygal

Hi Kat22,
Yah...mine is a weekday. I think I'll be selecting my cards in Aug. I want to send the cards to my overseas guests first. For the local ones, I'll send just 1-2 mths b4 wedding. Since I'm getting my gowns from AWT too, it is convenient for me.

mae

Hi Kat22,

I've already signed up with ST, while I was reading this thread, it just daunt on me that Ballroom 1&2 may be too small for 19 tables.

Hope ST will allow me to use Ballroom 3 if the place gets to cramp.

kat22

Hi, gals

gemi - AWT gowns are very nice! Gd choice
happy.gif
Yeah..it is really convenient for you to collect the cards! In that case, you can take a look at the cards first and confirm with them later
happy.gif

Mae - oic..dun worry..since they only allow one couple to use the ballroom..i dun see why they wont allow you to use Ballroom 3 if the setup is abit cramp..the other ballrooms will be left empty anyway
happy.gif
Talk to your coordinator ya? So when's your big day?

partygal

Hi Mae,
For my case, Alvin actually helped me to reserve the 3rd ballroom also, in case I need to increase the no. of tables. In any case, if they can sell the remaining ballroom, they will still do so, though he promises that it won't be for a wedding, just a small function. Actually maybe we should ask Alvin if they have any banquets coming soon that uses only 2 ballrooms, and we can go and see.

Kat22,
Yeah..their gowns are quite nice. But I still a bit heart pain to spend so much on bridal gowns, though like what my mum always says, it's once in a lifetime.

mooncake

Thank you Kat22.

I booked with ST already.
My coordinator is Eng Yen (might be the lady u r refering to)

She was not able to provide me a wedding checklist when I asked her.
Is the checklist done by Alvin or Roger themselves????

Somehow, I feel uneasy that I dun have a checklist. Feeling funny as I am the one that has to brainstorm and ask her lots of qns....

kat22

Hello Mooncake

Great to see another Sheraton bride
happy.gif
So, when's your big day??

No, it is not done by Alvin or Roger. The checklist should be together with your contract...it is a thin golden booklet which indicates things like when you should collect your cards, when you should plan your seating arrangements...dun you have that in the nice folder? Dun feel uneasy...it is not really a comprehensive one...just a simple checklist for the dinner dat's all
happy.gif

Anyway, what kind of checklist are you looking for? I do hv one for actual day from my fren and it is quite comprehensive. I can email a copy to you if you are interested
happy.gif

mae

Hi mooncake,

I've had the same golden booklet as Kat22. Roger call it the wedding planner. There are 2 booklets in the nice folder.

One guide us on when to collect cards, arrange for seating arrangement etc.

Another that gives us suggestiond on wat songs we can use for 1st dish ..., programme for the banquet etc.

Try requesting from Eng Yen.

lingz

hi mooncake

my coordinator is Eng Yan oso... did u rec'd a booklet when u signed up with Sheraton?

i got the so called checklist in the booklet.. y dun u call Eng Yan to chk, she shd be able to provide that for u..

lingz

hi mooncake

my co-or is Eng Yan too.. i rec'd a booklet when i signed with Sheraton... did u rec'd yours?

the checklist shd be inside? mebe u can try asking Eng Yan?