Sheraton Towers Singapore Hotel

kat22

Hi, Beanie

Nice to hear that u intend to sign up with ST
happy.gif
My wedding will be in Sep 02
happy.gif
I hv never attended any weddings at ST so i really dunno what to expect. Hw, so far my experiences with them had been really gd...feedback from frens and relatives who had attended weddings there are gd too...so far i am quite happy with ST
happy.gif
I think the only minus pt abt ST shld be its L-shape ballroom but i am not really bothered by it
happy.gif
Do u have any particular concern or query in mind?

beanie

Hi Kat,

Have u signed up with ST? they r having a promotion till 15 April 02. do check it out. my concern is their table seating, which is 12 to a table. i am thinking of checking if they can change to 10 seater and moderate the price a little for this request. i have not sign with them yet, still sourcing ard. any suggestion?

kat22

Hi, Beanie

Yes, i signed up with ST last Dec. There was a promotion then as well and the package was just as attractive
happy.gif
What's wrong with tables that sit 12 people? Are u concern that the food is not sufficient or that you dont have so many people to invite? I did ask my coordinator previously as i do not have many tables but he said they cant change. Not sure if they are willing to bend abit now
happy.gif
How many tables are u looking at? I quite like Merchant Court but i cldnt fulfil their table requirements. I like Conrad, Four Seasons and Pan Pacific as well
happy.gif
unfortunately they are also quite x!
happy.gif

beanie

Kat,

I have only abt 200pax, a small group. i also worry my ignorant relatives may think that i am trying to cut cost and squeeze 12 pple to one table. u know wat i mean? i tot those few hotels stands ard the same price as sheraton? mind to share ur package wif me?

kat22

Hi, Beanie

Now i see your concern...it is a little tricky to try and fit 200 to tables of 12...how abt taking 17 tables (204) or 18 tables (216 guests)?? but i am afraid u might not meet ST's minimum table requirements (25-30 tables on weekends)...do call them to check....as for your relatives....dun worry...based on Eve's feedback above, the portion is quite big so dun think ur relatives will think u are trying to cut cost
happy.gif

For me, my per table cost is $758+++ so it works out to be abt $72 nett per person...(there was a $30 discount per table during the promotion) i oso get free flow of beer, free seat covers, 2 nights stay, etc so it was really attractive
happy.gif

Conrad and Four Seasons are very expensive...Conrad's per table cost is abt $900+++ (they sit 12 too) while Four Seasons' cheapest package was abt $748+++ (they sit 10 only)..pls note the prices here are for weddings on sun...prices will be more ex for Sats and cheaper for weekdays
happy.gif
As for Pan Pacific..yes i think their prices are quite close to Sheraton..sorrie abt that
happy.gif
Hope this helps..do you have any hotels in mind apart from ST?

beanie

Hi Kat,

My major concern with ST is also the min table requirement. But i really like the idea of throwing my dinner there.

How many ballroom are there at ST. have u viewed their ballroom? is it good enough for a long march in?

did you get the $30 discount from their bridal show? there is no discount now but free flow of beer and two nites stay.

how abt their food? have you tried?

so sorry for bombarding you wif so many questions. BTW, who did you book your bridal package wif? hee hee, questionn again hor.

kat22

Hi, Beanie

ST has only one ballroom so it's really exclusive
happy.gif
I hv seen their ballroom..some people might be concern with the L-shape ballroom but i think it's alright as there's no pillars so everyone can see the stage and the tables will be distributed evenly. I think the march-in wont be very long lor...u prob reach the stage in less than 3 mins (I think) unless u walk super slow.. hehehe...do go down n take a look at their ballroom to see if u like it
happy.gif
I know they also have function rooms but not very big so they usually dont hv weddings there...why dont u call Alvin Koh, my coordinator, at 6839 5811 for an appt or just call to clarify? He's really nice and helpful so dun worry
happy.gif
Anyway, i just called him and he mention that there wont be any weddings this month b'cos of qingming...next one shld be in May..he will call me
happy.gif

No, i din book during any bridal show...it's was part of a promotion when we happen to call them in Dec 01...the promo ended on 31 Dec
happy.gif
Maybe u can request them to throw in more stuff...waiver of corkage for wine, free seat covers, etc

The food is prepared by their Chinese restaurant, Li Bai, and so far the comments are that the food is very gd..me dunno 'cos i hv never attended any weddings there so can only rely on feedbacks from those who have
happy.gif
So far so gd
happy.gif

I booked my bridal package with Flamingo Bridal
happy.gif
Hv u booked yours? If not, can go down to Flamingo for a look
happy.gif

beanie

Kat,
thank you very much, those info are really helpful to me. i am contemplating to book with Kai Bridal. any comments? can jio me to go to ST when there is a wedding banquet? would love to see their deco
happy.gif

kat22

Beanie,

You are most welcome
happy.gif

My colleague made her wedding gown from Kai Bridal...lovely gown! Their gowns are very nice but abit expensive
happy.gif
I think their package does not include man's suit so u will prob need to get it elsewhere. What kind of gown do u like? soft & flowy? Elegant? Princess-like? If u hv not visited other bridal shops, do shop around
happy.gif
It's really a fun experience..u learn quite abit too from each shop
happy.gif
No problem..will let u know when there's a wedding banquet
happy.gif
I long to see ST's new decor too!!

jolene

Hi Kat,

My coordinator just called me. She said I can collect my cards already!!! A bit kiasu, rite? But I've got no choice as my mum is going overseas to pass it to my relatives there. Most hotels only allow you to collect 3mths in advance so I was quite happy when ST agreed to my early request. She also told me that in June, I will be "invited" to ST to see the deco and setup and finalise all the details. Kinda excited about their new deco.
biggrin.gif

Hi Beanie,

You won't regret choosing Sheraton! Apparently, all their weekends in Sept 2003 has been booked!!! Better hurry if you wan to hold your banquet there, ya? People are booking 1.5yrs in advance... probably cos' Sept is always a "hot" month for weddings since its Chinese 8th Month. Let us know how it goes, okie?

jolene

Beanie,

Just to let you know, I only booked my banquet with Sheraton in Feb this year....
lame.gif

But I was lucky to get the date that I want which is also on a Sunday.... Hee hee..

kat22

Hi, Jolene

glad to see u here
happy.gif
hehehe..u are not kiasu lah...i plan to go down American Wedding Treasures to choose the cards tom too..hehehe...u are rite, so far they have been very flexible and accommodating..i am quite pleased with their service
happy.gif
Yup, i am really looking forward to see the new decor..sounds quite nice...when are u hving the fd tasting? I plan to hv it in June and use it as the in-laws get together session to finalise some of the wedding details...hahaha...Hv a gd weekend ya!

beanie

Hi Jolene,

thank you very much for your pointers. u know, i was so sad when i miss their bridal show last week cos i was not in town then. they are actually offering 2 $50+++ discount each table for those who attended the show
sad.gif
Now my only concern is i may not meet their min pax requirement of 25table * 12pax
lame.gif

Kat,

i guess there should be no worry for the food at sheraton cos is li bai you jnow. i always like their food and am confidence with them
wink.gif

kat22

Hi, gals

Beanie - I remember one bridetobe managed to negotiate for 22 tables...her wedding was on a sunday...i did ask for 22 tables but cldnt get that (My initial guest list was only 260 pple) so i am hving 25 tables instead...maybe u can check with ST to see if they can make an exception for you
happy.gif

Hehehe..me very suaku one..neber heard of Li Bai restaurant b4 i booked the hotel so quite surprised to hear from pple that fd from Li Bai is very gd..hehehe...
proud.gif

Jolene - aiyah..i called AWT today to make an appt for tom but they are fully booked from 2pm onwards!!! so gd business hor...sigh...so now i am meeting them next sat
happy.gif

star

Hi Beannie

Sorry for the late reply. Been very busy with work for the past week and down with flu.

Yep, I had booked with ST in Jan 02 for my Mar 03 banquet. So far my dealings with the co ordinator is very good. He is very professional, friendly, well verse in ST prodt.

Hey Kat - we both under Alvin's good hands!

I hv not attend any wedding at St but feedback from my aunties & sister are tt the food is fantastic.

Do book them early if u wan to enjoy free flow of beer cos I heard fm ST tt they are extendning that till 2003. If they dun offer... bargain!! oops... i shd say negotiate.

Good luck

jolene

Hi Kat,

I was intending to go AWT today also but I guess since you say its fully booked, no point of me calling them up to make an appt.... Probably go down on a weekday. AWT is usually rather crowded as it caters to Ritz Carlton, Conrad and Raffles hotel too.
smile.gif

hahaha... I also like you, very suaku, type... never heard of Li Bai till when I started searching for venue. Everyone said the food is fantastic so I guess we are in safe hands!

kat22

Hi, gals

I wonder why ST is not really popular hor..i mean although we have booked with ST, so many of us have never actually attended any weddings there before..i thought ST was pretty gd leh...wonder if it's b'cos pple perceive ST as being very expensive??

star - yup, we are both under Alvin!
happy.gif
part of the reason why we chose ST was also b'cos of his excellent service and flexibility
happy.gif

jolene - hv u decided on the printer? I heard Hi-Tech is pretty gd
happy.gif
Oh, din know they cater to Conrad as well...we are so fortunate to have such a wide selection of cards
happy.gif

jolene

Hi Kat,

My regular office printing contact has offered to print my cards for me at a low price so I am quite happy!
happy.gif
Hi-Tech is not bad, quite neat printing.

I guess why ST is not popular may be because it is usually perceived as a Business Hotel. Very seldom we hear people choosing Sheraton cos' some find it too "ulu". As for ST being expensive, I don't really think so. Reason being that it is for table of 12, which I think most people overlook. If you calculate, its about $70-$78 per person, depending on the day you choose. Almost same as hotels like Pan Pac and Marina Mandarin. Hah, but lucky us though, something different for a change....

star

Hi Kat & Jolene

Underst fm ST that this is the first time (and likely the last) they are promoting so agressively for wedding banquet.

If u notice, they do not hv bridal show as often as other hotels.. the last one they had before 30 mar was in 2000.

kat22

Hi, gals

Jolene - yup, u r rite..something different for a change
happy.gif
I am looking forward to it
happy.gif

Star - oh..why is it so? Izit just to tide them over the economic downturn? I thot wedding banquet shld be quite lucrative...no? hmm..maybe not if they hv fussy couples like me who bargain n bargain..hahaha
happy.gif

chiffon

Hello

Can anyone share with me or recommend a good wedding coordinator whom you have worked with before at Sheraton Towers?

I'm really keen on Sheraton, but I would like to work with a friendly and flexible wedding coordinator.

Thank you!

kat22

Hi, Chiffon

Glad that u are keen on Sheraton
happy.gif
U can contact my coordinator, Mr Alvin Koh, at 6839 5811. He's really friendly and flexible. So far, my FH and I are very pleased with his service
happy.gif
When's your big day? Heard Sheraton is hving a promotion now, do call Alvin early to find out more
happy.gif

chiffon

Hi Kat22

Thanks! I will call Alvin directly then.

MY FH & I are planning for May - June 2003. However, we are still finalising our guest list. I'm worried that we might not meet Sheraton's min. tables requirements.

Does Sheraton do 10 pple per table instead of 12? Anyone with experience?

Thanks!

D

damnjian

Hi chiffon,

I believe they only do table of 12.No harm asking Alvin.He's my coordinator too.

star

Hi Ciffon

I am under Alvin' good hands too. I wld say all co ordinators in ST are as good. From wat I underst, they hv specific staff serving couple based on the Groom's surename. This is to ensure the customers are served promptly w/out being trsf to one staff to another.

partygal

Just wondering if anyone will be planning to include Sheraton's map on the invites? Seems like not many people know where it is.

Actually I have this nagging throught - haha on their carpark.I was wondering since ST spent so much on their internal renovation, why not spend a bit to do up their carpark also - so cramped, old and miserable looking. It looks really pathetic. The moment our guests go into the carpark, the impression isn't that great. Anybody share my view? Even a new coat of paint would be nice.

star

Hi Gemi

I agree with u that most ppl do not know where ST is located. I intent to include a map in the invitation card. But the one provided in the agreement is not very clear in showing the location. I saw another in their latest broucher, so intent to use that.

I hv not been to the carpark so can't comment.

kat22

Hi, gals

Star - Remember i mention that i was going to ask Alvin for the wedding dates in May to view the ballroom decor? well, there will be weddings on 5, 11, 12, 14, 17, 19, 23, 25, 26 and 30 May 2002. Do drop by if you are interested
happy.gif
where can I get their latest brochure? I need to print my cards oredi..can i get it from the hotel?? Thanks!

Gemi - yeah, not many ppl know where the hotel is and i plan to include a map as well
happy.gif
I hv been to their car park too...only impression is that it is old, dark and gloomy but cant remember if it is cramped...yes, a new coat of paint will definitely be nice
happy.gif
Hmm..maybe suggest to my coord the next time i see him and see what he says :p

star

Hi Kat

Thanks for the info. As my wedding is next year, i think I will visit it nearer the date. As for the new broucher, U can ask Alvin for it. I got it during the bridal show in Mar.

Congrats on yr forthcoming wedding!! So when;s yr food tasting?? Do share the experience.

kat22

Hi, Star

My food tasting shld be in June...now hving a headache to select the dishes..all seem so yummy
biggrin.gif
Sure, no problem..will let you know how the fd tasting went...shld be very gd..yum yum
happy.gif

partygal

Hi Katt 22 & Star,

I think I will mention to Alvin too, about the carpark. See if they can paint it or something. If not, it really doesn't matches the grand look of the hotel inside.

Enjoy your food tasting, Star...The food sure looks good during the bridal show. I went to Li Bai after that, for a birthday celebration for my dad, and found the food nice. I luv the Peking duck the best, though it is not included in our wedding menu. I heard that the cod fish is nice.

F

fyi

Hi

just gone to ST to attend friend's wedding. complaint dat i hv is that the ballroom is so warm dat i even perspired. maybe is becos' i was sitting where the ceiling is low. the ballroom is L-shaped, with a shorter half of L has high ceiling, n a longer half of L has low ceiling. it looks abit weird with high n low ceiling..

the noodle is too saltish with too much peppers

ling

hi

I have already book with Sheraton before the April Promotion. Suddenly, I have a feeling that it might not be that good cos' I have not attended any wedding there before. Could anyone please advise?

mae

Hi,

I'll be signing up with ST as well. Can anyone share with me the details of the contract?

What freebies does Sheraton throw in? Any comments on Roger, the wedding consultant?

D

damnjian

Hi,

I have signed up with Sheraton as well.No regrets so far cos I'm very satisfied with everything...be it the food,location,ambience,price and all...
I did a lot of survey comparing many hotels before finally signing up with Sheraton.As the cuisine is Cantonese,some people might find the foos a bit saltish but the food from Sheraton's Li Bai restaurant is generally well known to be excellent.

F

fyi

Hi

i just realised dat alot of guests of other tables suffered food poisoning after attended the same dinner as me at ST.

jolene

Hi FYI,

No hard feelings but it if was true, how come it wasn't highlighted in the news? I hope you are not trying to talk bad about Sheraton due to your own personal reasons.

My dad attended a wedding at Sheraton last month and it was great! Aircon was working fine, in fact, food was great, service was excellent and everybody enjoyed themselves. There was no complaints and I will be holding my own banquet there later in the year.

Sheraton has a good reputation and I have called my coordinator to check on your statement of food poisoning and she said there was no complaint at all from anybody! I am sure that if the guests suffered food poisoning, wouldn't they complaint to the hotel or the wedding couple?

I am not saying that you are lying but hope that you can provide some proof of your statement. To me, even if it was true, I will still treat it as an isolated incident. Once, I suffered food poisoning when I had dinner at my relative's place, does it mean I will stop having dinner with them? To me, in a plate of prawns, there can be one or two which is not fresh and it probably just your luck that you ate it.

Regards,
Jolene

ling

Hi all,

I don't think Li Bai's food will be saltish at all cos, they do not use msg at all.

Most of the more reputable resturants like summer pavilion, jade room, etc, in hotels usually doesn't use MSG. It is listed in the Wine and Dine book. therefore, we will not feel thirsty even if it is very saltish or whatever.

F

fyi

Hi all,

sorry if i gave the wrong impression dat i'm trying to tarnish the reputation of ST. well dat the first time i attended wedding dinner there. the overall setting is grand n the waiter who served us is very professional too. i'm hving my wedding banquet in another hotel soon, i always ask my friends to give me any bad, n of course true comments now. so i thot u guys r oso looking out for bad comments so as to avoid it during yr own actual day.

the above stated is nothing but the truth. it happens to my friends sitting at the other tables. n according to them, the waitress who served them is very rude as well. if i'm not wrong, there r at least 8 who got food poisoning.

now the qn is why don't they complain. bcos' not very nice to complain such happy event rite? it might make the newly-wed couple unhappy (or spoil their honeymoon). n they r also cant be bothered to complain to the hotel, n how to complain? but some of them told me dat they dare not go to ST if there's another wedding dinner invitation.

anyway for those who signed up, just something for u gals to look out for.

eve

Hi,

thought of speaking up for ST since i am one of their very satisfied customers. Don't worry abt Li Bai's food. It is definitely worth the money we are paying. Many of my guest commented that this is one of the best food they have tasted for wedding dinner so far. Their service is excellent too, they have got the food (which you have missed during the wedding dinner) delivered to your room in very nice trolley with heater after the dinner, that is very thoughtful of them as frankly i am not too sure how many hotel offer this? They have been very generous too i would say, throwing in freebies wherever they can compared with some hotels. I have been to many hotels before settling with ST, therefore i can make the comparison. Of course there is some minor hipcups with the sound system that night, but other than that, we are very satisfied with ST on the whole. If you have alr signed up with them, don't worry too much, after ST is a very reputable international hotel chain, they have a reputation to keep. That's one of the reasons why we choose ST instead of other local hotels.

Hi Mae,

my wedding consultant is Roger too! He provides excellent service, just that I realise not many has him as the consultant. so don't worry, based on my past experience, you should be in safe hands. Being a very experience wedding consultant, Roger has given us very sound advice and me and my husband really appreciate that.

ling

hi eve,

Thanks for given this piece of advise. We have Roger as our wedding consultant as well. i am relieve now.

E

excited bride

Hi Ling,

Dun worry abt choosing ST as yr hotel choice. I believe the forum existed for brides and grooms-to-be to be aware of wedding issues and be more well-prepared for our big day!

I also booked with ST for next year and I believe that FYI could also be sharing her side of her story.

So far for myself, I had attended 2 wedding dinners so far, 1 in 2000 and another in Mar 2002. The food served was excellent (despite the fact that I had severe gastric on the wedding i attended in Mar 2003) and the complaint i have is probably the aircon. I agree with FYI that it is rather warm by the time it hit the 5th course so perhaps that might serve as a gentle reminder for all of us to ask the banquet manager to take note of the aircon for the ballroom.

Mae & Ling: I believe Roger is a good wedding consultant cos my friend was served by him and found him rather attentive to their needs. My own consultant is Alvin - he's experienced too...has got 8 yrs experience working in ST already. Hope all this info. will help.

D

damnjian

Hi all,

We can read from the comments in this forum so far that most are positive comments on Sheraton.As for the food poisoning case,I'm also have my doubts.It might be an isolated case.If it is really food poisoning,most of the guests will get it and not just a number of them and the issue will not be covered up just like that.As for the service,Sheraton again is well-known for providing excellent service.But we can never rule out some waiters being rude as most of them are part-timers.No hotels can guarantee this.

lingz

hi all,

heard tat ST's main chef has hop over to Ritz, is that true?

I signed up with ST becoz of it's quality service and it's fine cusine..i'm sure they will upkeep their reputation.

kat22

Hi, Mandy

You mean ST's main chef went over to Ritz or Ritz's main chef went over to ST? Sorry..i abit confused liao...

anyway, if he went over last yr..i guess ST must hv maintained their fd quality since those who attended weddings in ST this yr mentioned that the fd is gd..as for FYI's experience, it cld be an unfortunate isolated incident...

phew...i was getting abit worried after hearing that the main chef left but if it's last year then i suppose i shldnt be overly concerned
happy.gif

D

damnjian

Hi all,

I also a bit confused as to the chef went from where to where?I dun think the chef went over from ST to Ritz LAST YEAR since my contract which was signed early this year stated down the name of the renowned chef.The many feedbacks I have got so far was the food at ST was excellent while that at Ritz was only so-so.

bear318

hi damnjian,

i am holding my wedding at ST too. when i signed my contract in mar, they didn't state the name of the chef leh. is it possible tt the renowed chef had gone since then?

did u request for the name of the chef to be put in or was it standard contract at tt time?

kat22

Hi, gals

Dun worry..i just called my coordinator to clarify. He was somewhat evasive abt their Exe Chef's departure from ST (guess he must be wondering how i know!) but he reassured me that it wont affect the food quality 'cos this chef who left dun cook anyway and the chefs who are preparing our banquet are still around. Phew...i am so relieved...now it doesnt really matter if their Exe Chef has left 'cos the Exe Chef just give directions and is in charge of coming up with new dishes/recipes
happy.gif
Since ST wedding menu are already fixed, the recipes wont change as well
happy.gif

bear318 - hi. My contract doesnt hv the name of the chef as well. My coordinator explained that the menu was created by the renowed Li Bai Chef but not cooked by him so no pt putting in his name. I questioned this b'cos the name was in my original draft contract but not in my finalised contract. He added that some brides to be mistaken that it means the food will be cooked by him and question him what if the chef left ST. Hence, i guess dat's why they din put in the name anymore to avoid misunderstanding.