Sheraton Towers Singapore Hotel

sweetiee

Hi idah,

Congrats on your good choice...
happy.gif

Ha ha, you made me sound like a hotel under your posting... sure, can email you, but what's your address?
happy.gif

meimei

Hi Serene,
I have been to Sheraton a few months ago for a wedding and found it great as well.

Wedding ambience and deco: good
Food: OK
Ballroom: Though it is L shaped, but the guests at the back have no trouble seeing the stage.
Foyer: Grand feeling and spacious.

You can consider ST. But for Goodwood, as you are having 30 tables, I would not advise u as it may looked too cramp. I spoke the banquet mgr before and they can only hold around 23 tables within the ballroom, the rest will spill out to the corridors so it may not look too nice.

I heard a friend said that Marriot hotel is not bad - I have not been to see their ballroom b4, maybe you can check it out.

Hilton: some pillars but overall good in wedding deco and food.
Hope this helps.

Hi sweetiee,
Been following your postings as well and enjoy your comments a lot. U have a fan here too !!!

cheer

hi sweetiee,

i want your autography!
wink.gif

thanks, i saw your pics liao
happy.gif

you look really lovely in the bridal shoots, me so envious... you and your hubby have this "fu-qi-xiang", very compatible
happy.gif

i really wonder how my photos will turn out like ... still sourcing hard for a bridal package and photographer :p

C

chipmucks

Hi Idah and Cheer,

Thanks for the reply on the deposit. $3000 seems quite a lot, any rooms for bargain?? Glad to hear so many good comments on ST. Was actually deciding between Pac Pac and ST. Glad we had settled on ST finally.

Any one has seen the deco that ST will be using for next year? What do you think of it?

cheer

hi chipmunks,

not sure how flexible hotels are right now, mayb u might get a good deal coz times are not that well, but most important is still ur negotiation skills i guess
happy.gif

anyway just try to talk to the banquet manager if u don't have so much cash on hand now, see what he can work out in ur best interest, its no harm trying coz u have nothing to lose
happy.gif

well i guess they are asking for so much just to prevent kiasu n fickle singaporeans from multiple bookings, they are safeguarding their interest too, so try to understand
happy.gif

I

idah

hellooo... ladies..

Sweetie, sure my e-mail address is [email protected]

serene, oh yes do let me know what is yr budget like for the banquet maybe can help u a bit as i have been to quite a no of hotels this year for the weddings....

chipmunks, i think you were asking when is ST is using the new decor... the last time i called ST, they said there is a wedding in Nov who will be using the new decor... maybe u can trying calling ST to confirm...

cheerrzzz..

idah

C

chipmucks

Hi Idah,

The last time I talked to Alvin (which is last week), he told me they have not decided on the new decor yet. Hmm, must call him up and double check. Thanks!
happy.gif

Chipmucks

serene

hi ladies, talking about the new decor for ST in november, it might be on 12.11.2001. my friend will be attending this wedding party and i have told him to keep a lookout for me. i have also mentioned to him about the L-shaped thingy, he will give me his comments after attending it! i will keep you gals posted..

but how about the "old" decor? is it "passable"? how is it like?

my budget and what i am looking for? actually ST is a little above my budget, i am looking at 80nett per pax.. but i guess i can stretch it a little?

i have also shortlisted the following, like i told meimei before and these are the ones i have shortlisted..

hilton
goodwood
marina mandarin
oriental singapore
merchant court
ST

my budget about 80 per pax and no. of tables about 30..

initially i was also considering royal plaza on the scotts but it's under renovation now.. the staff aren't committing as to when it's ready. anybody, insider information?? :p

anybody has any comments on the above? i am of course open to other suggestions!
happy.gif

btw, do you gals think the hotels will decrease the price of the banquet, given the current economic situation? i am hoping that it will in about 2-3 months time and if so, i will wait till then to confirm my reservation but am worried of risking the dates i want in the end...

this is so perplexing!!!
proud.gif

cheer

hi Serene,

when is ur wedding actually?

can't say much abt others... as for GW, its not that "old" in decor really, the banquet manager promised us the ballroom will be repainted in Dec01, n they recently renovated some of the suites n changed the decor, but the bridal suite isnt impressive, rather standard i shd say..
me thinking of paying the diff to upgrade to their poolside suite which has a chic decor hehee....
just one little advice, believe your feelings, choose the hotel ballroom u love best, feelings dun deceive
happy.gif

I

idah

hi Serene,

i went down to ST to see the decor in one of the days when they had a wedding there... trust me, it was lovely.... the table was very nicely done, gives a very grand look and they have this intelligent lighting which makes the ballrom juz so romantic.... did u go down to take a look when there is a wedding there... then from there u can judge for yourself...

i personally went down to see their wedding set up when they were having a wedding there... some comments on some of the hotels:-

Hilton - not dat nice, nothing to shout about and i saw there were pillars in one of the ballroom.. i think is the grand one...

Oriental hotel - the room is in a fan shaped juz like their logo.... alright lah...

Talking about Royal plaza on scotts, yes they were on my list but like wat u said they were under renovation so they did not dare to commit themselves... i also went down to take a look at their ballrooms.... not bad.....

have u thot of Westin? i'm not sure wat is the package like.... but i attended a wedding in july.. food not bad... ballroom big but the decor quite bare.... let me know if u need any more infor.. i understand wat u have been going thru... trust me i went thru the same feeling as u....

cheerrrzzz

idah

serene

hi cheer, my wedding date? it's in february 2003... feeling so sheepish
proud.gif
however as many of the ladies know from the other forum pages, hubby & myself will be busy with our work and studies next year, thus we are hoping to fix hotel & bridal package by this year..
happy.gif

anyway, it's good to prepare things early and besides, i get to know you gals so much earlier!
happy.gif
anyway, i know it's being a little kiasu here... :p

so, cheer, have you fixed your banquet? how many tables are you looking at? what about your bridal package? i understand you went "gown-shopping" on friday? how was it?? :p heehee... insider info., i have! haha.. just joking!

hi idah! so, you are definitely a ST customer, is it? how many tables are you looking at? what about the bridal package? fixed?

thanks for the feedback! you know, i was rading the earlier threads for ST and some commented that the decor looks somewhat like a "funeral"?? i think i must really go take a look & find out for myself! like what cheer said, feelings!!!

westin? i have thot about, but it's pretty much exp, even more than ST!! besides, the previous comments that i had was that the food doesn't justify the price for each table?? yup, and of course, also the decor!

i am thinking also of marina mandarin.. any comments?

thanks for understanding me! so touched.. :p

cheer

hi Serene
for banquet i have signed up with GW, thats the only thing i have confirmed so far :p, i guess i am the laziest bride here heheee
i am keeping the number of tables minimum, looking @ 23-24, wish me luck i dun exceed what i planned out for
happy.gif

this week i plan to visit the bridal boutiques n photogs i have shortlisted, will keep u posted on the outcome :>
heeheee... i know where ur "reuters" source is...
happy.gif
coz me oso kpo u know heheee
pple @ JWN are rather fun, pix nice, gowns special, but me no verdict yet... coz me really fickle :p
so u signed up with them liao?
were u the one who dreamt of the gown that very nite after visiting them?
hehee... insider info 2.... :X for a price negotiable hehehehee
Hmmm Marina Mandarin... been there twice, the food is good, but the ballroom (the one i went))structure a little weird, give them a call n go feel for yourself
happy.gif

think the price is in your range :>

Serene... dun worry lah, its always good to plan early, coz that will reduce stress considerably, at least u n hubby won't end up fighting on rash decision.... stress is detrimental to r/ships i muz say!
so you are going overseas to study/work or ur hubby? how i envy u guys!

serene

hi cheer

yep, give me comments after you view some of the bridal places, okie? as for me, i will start "actively" in about 2-3 weeks time, after hubby's exams! that is, provided, he's willing to be active! haha..

in my course of work, i get to travel, not every month, but quite often.. that's a good perk, i get to travel, sight-see and shop at the same time! as for hubby, he's going overseas next year for about 2.5 months for attachment...

don't envy! sometimes,travelling is very tired! exp. long haul flights! i rather prefer to holiday and not work!

what are you working as, if you don't me asking?

if you rather prefer, email me at [email protected]

cheers!
happy.gif

partygal

Does anyone know if it is possible to squeeze 20 tables into Ballroom 1 & 2 and will it be too squeezy?

M

meow meow

hi, everyone!

I am new to this thread. Hmm...this thread seems quite quiet nowadays.

Anyway, just wanna share wiz u guys that ST is having a promotion now. They r offering $30 off per table if u book before 31 Dec 01 plus free flow of beer, two nights' stay, free seat covers for all tables etc. A Sat package will be S$820+++ for a table of 12 while a Sunday package will be S$758+++.

Quite gd deal. If u r considering ST, call them quick for an appt!

gemi - I will be having abt 25 tables so 20 shldn't be a problem. h/w, i dun think they will agree to 20 tables. well, if urs is on a weekday, u can prob try. mine is on Sun and they insist min 25 table of 12 pple each.

vic

Hi Meow Meow,

Thanks for the info! sounds like a really good deal. But is the price valid for banquets in 2003? I am planning for late 2003.

Thx..

M

meow meow

Hi, Vic.

No problem at all
happy.gif
This is the Season for sharing and giving ma...
happy.gif

As mine will be in 2002, I am not sure if the price is valid for banquets in 2003. H/w, looking at the current economic situation, i am sure they dun mind securing your business for 2003. They r quite flexible. Just give them a call and find out. Good luck!!

slyvester

Hi,
I have already booked with them liao. So isn't it very disadvantageous to those who have signed up. Do you think can bargain for the promotion???/

D

damnjian

Hi,
I also just confirmed with ST.Very Good deal indeed.Finally settled on the banquet venue after months of research.At first I thought ST would be very ex but with the promotion,and mine being on a weekday,each person will cost only $67.50 nett.This is really value for money considering the comprehensive package,the classy ambience,great location and one of the few hotels with good food(from the renowned Li Bai Restaurant).And with this promotion,it is even cheaper than some 4* hotels which are not willing to throw in additional night stay and free flow beer etc.

D

damnjian

Hi Vic,
For your info,the promotion is valid till at least Jan 2003(which is my wedding).Not too sure about later months though,but you can always ask them.They are quite flexible.For eg,they agreed instantly when I asked whether I could cut the min no. of table to 23 instead of 25 for weekday(actual no for me could be 30 anyway)and the intelligent lighting which was charged at $10+++ per table was waived and I asked.
But the promotion ends 31 Dec,so be fast!

M

meow meow

I can't agree more with Damnjian on this! Lovely place, next to mrt, gd food n gd price...what more can a bride-2-be ask for.... hehehe

vic

Hey gals,

Thanks for the info...
happy.gif
I wouldn't agree more that it's a good bargain but after discussion with my FH, seems like a bit too rush for us to make the decision within the weekend(exact date not set and the parents have not met up yet).
And i got 2 years before the actual day..sigh...

Truth is, i have not start looking for any banquet venue. Probably next year, i guess.
Anyway, i will be going to Le Meridien's bridal show next mth to check out the place.

M

meow meow

Hi, Vic.

I met my wed co-ord of ST yesterday and checked with him whether this promotion is valid for 2003. Well. he said that it is valid only until Chinese New Year 03 'cos they follow the Lunar calendar. They will come up with something new for rest of '03. No hurry for u then....well, u might even get a better deal for ur wedding!

So, take the time to look around! Hv u tried Merchant Court? Quite a hot venue too!

Okie, gals, hv a Happy New Year!!!

vic

Hey Meow meow,

Thanks for checking out for me. Probably need to confirm the no. of tables with the future in-laws first..

Anyway, you have a good year ahead!

Cheers,
vic

D

damnjian

Hi vic,
Yah..don't rush as you still have 2 years!Take your time,it is not necessary to start planning too early.Btw,will keep you update on ST.

tango

Hi,

Does anybody know if Sheraton serves Wedding lunch? I'm interested to find out about the Lunch package as well as any comments regarding lunch.

D

damnjian

Hi Tango,

I believe they do but it is buffet type.I did consider having a lunch reception too but considering it is a buffet,the relatives might not like it.

tango

Hi damnjian,

Actually hotels do have chinese sit-down lunch, it's not necessarily a buffet.

My parents also don't want buffet, and neither do they want dinner. So we are opting for a chinese lunch instead.

eve

Hi,

I had my wedding dinner in Jan 02. It is excellent, excellent location (being just next to Newton MRT), service and food and definitely value for money. My husband and myself did not regret choosing ST. If you are very particular abt food, ST is the one as all our guests have nothing but praises for the food, the portion is big and tastes good too!

I would say the only "con" is its L-shaped ballroom if you prefer regular shape ballroom. This was my concern initially but after have gone thru the dinner, i thought the L-shaped ballroom is perfectly alright. In a way, it is better than having a rectangular ballroom when the guests sitting at the back of the rectangular ballroom will find themselves real far away from the stage and feel isolated. L-shaped ballroom would not have this problem as the guests will be "distributed" at both sides of the L-shape, therefore none will be too far away from the stage.

hope the above helps.

kat22

Hi, Eve

Thanks for sharing with us! Glad u had a great time at ST
happy.gif
I am also hving my dinner at ST in Sep 02
happy.gif
Hope i will experience the same!!

Btw, how was the ballroom decor? Can we discuss with the florist what "design" we like? Was there any sash for the chairs or organza runners at the VIP tables?

eve

Hi Kat22,

congrats to you!
All i can say is, in my impression, the ballroom decor was nicely done up.

Closer to the wedding, the banquet mgr will meet up with the wedding couple to discuss what decor they want. we did not get to meet and discuss with the florist. The decors are standard ones with, i think, abt 3 to 4 types to choose from but you can tell them what flowers you would like to use. Not too sure though, whether they restrict you on the choice of flowers as I chose white Lilies which is already one of those flowers which they are offering and is pretty popular among wedding couples.

Lilies are very elegant and they really give the kind of atmosphere which me and my husband wanted. So, choose your flowers very carefully....it does play a very important role. Before our wedding, we went down to view actual wedding set-up. We saw the same ballroom decor but using other flowers and we didn't really like what we saw. I guess it is personal preference.

as for the sash for the chairs, yes there are. i may not be able to advise you on other details at the VIP tables as I was busy (not at the table 99.99% of the time)and nervous the whole nite so did not really notice the other details. Hope you will have a great time at your wedding dinner in Sep!

kat22

Hi, Eve

Thanks! At least now i know what to expect
happy.gif
erm..i was thinking of using cream roses n candles..dunno whether it's nice
happy.gif
Yes, u r rite..we will most prob be away from the table most of the time...although my FH wanted to be able to sit down n eat the food since it's gd!! hehehe
happy.gif
Hope u n ur hubby have a blissful marriage!!!

star

Hi there

Did anyone attended the bridal show at Sheraton Towers yday?? It was one of the most entertaining show I ever attended, very informative workshop too! A must to mention is the big discount from ST too. I like the dishes presented by Li Bai resturant... looks yummy!!

The gowns from American Wedding were a bit disappointing and the photo shoots by Dave Wee though are tastfully done but aren't sharp enough for my taste.

For those who are keen to throw yr banquet in ST, they are offering free flow beer, complimentary seats covers, additional nite stay in exe suite PLUS $50+++ off ev table!! With the offer, it is actually cheaper then some 4 stars hotels.

PS: no commission for me lah.. I just hope u gals can grab the offer to save $$, I alrdy signed with ST mths back and the offer I got then was slightly lower than this)

star

Hi Tia

I dun think so, it was stated in the hotel brouchers given to us in the door gift pack.

Do call them to check out. I can recommend Alvin Koh 68395811, he is very nice to work with and very knowledgeable abt the hotel product.

bijou

Hi tia,

The perks like free flow of beer and two nites stay, free seat covers are only valid if you book before 15 April 02(i think they are applicable for weddings after March 2003). The $50+++ off is only valid on the show itself.

Hope that's useful!

tia

Thanks for enlightening me, star and Bijou. Looks like I can't get the $50 off since I didn't attend the show. My wedding is November next year - too early to start attending the shows right. Any idea if they will have another show towards the end of this year?

happy.gif

kat22

Hi,

I understand Sheraton Towers has recently changed its florist for the ballroom decor. Anyone knows who is the new florist and how the new decor looks like? Thanks!

star

Kat

St had engaged Flowers by Ed (at Hong Leong Bldg)for the ballroom plus whole htl deco
They deco the ballroom for the bridal show on sat.
I would say it is more to simple & artistic style

Tia

I think it is a bit too early to plan now, but if u do happen to grab some good deals esp for banquets, book it. Give yrself more time to hunt for a bridal shop u like and comfy with.

tia

Hi star

Thanks for the advice. I am clueless about what to ecpect of banquets. You think going for bridal shows is a good place to start - they usually have better deals right.

kat22

Hi, star

Thanks for the info
happy.gif
I will probably drop by one of these days to take a look at the ballroom decor..the previous decor by woodsville was quite nice...hope this is even better...do u know if they hv any candle theme? So, when's ur big day?
happy.gif

star

Hi Tia

I would say usually bridal show will hv perks like free flow or extra barrel of beer or addn nite stay. But I believe these are bargainable. Gg to bridal show allows u to view the decorated ballroom without obligation (esp if u are the type who dunno how to reject hard sell tactics).

Personally I feel that those who sign up at bridal show may gain the promo pkg but lose the bargaining power to other perks. For eg, though I din get the $50 disc fm ST, I managed to bargain for other stuffs.

You need to start off by estimating how many tables u need and yr budget. Then from there shortlist the eligble hotels / rest (eg min/max tables, no of courses / location / price etc).
Also I think the 1st feel of the co ordinator is very impt. U must feel comfy working with him/her and he can be trusted / dep on cos it is your big day and u hv to work really close with him.

Hi Kat

I can't remember whtr the previous deco was done by June Florist or Woodsville. It is nice but rather common. Not as unique as the new florist.

I saw the VIP deco.... the centre piece was a crystal / glass bowl with flowers and/or petals and small candle lites. The chairs are tied with roses not sash anymore. Very nice.. better than the previous one.

I think it may may quite diff to view the ballrm in the coming weeks since it is ching min now. Do call ur co ordinator to chk.

My wedding is mar 03

kat22

Hi, star

wow..the new florist sounds so much better
happy.gif
I really like the idea of tying the vip chairs with roses
happy.gif
happy.gif
great! oh rite...i forgot abt qingming...yup, will check with my coordinator if there's any weddings round the corner..will let u know too in case u wanna take a look as well
happy.gif

beanie

Hi Star,

I am also a Mar 03 bride too leh
happy.gif
yuppee! thinking of signing up with ST. have u signed with them? any feedbacks to share share?

Halo to Kat and Tia too, so when's ur big day?