Sheraton Towers Singapore Hotel

honey

Went to the Cleo bridal show last yr held in Sheraton.

I think its nice and convenient (near Newton MRT).
Ambience is good. Maybe it is nice during the bridal show, have not been to any weddings held there yet. But the Ang Moh banquet manager there is very handsome :p

Just that the price is abit steep for me, thou the table is for 12 pax. For this price, u can also check out Conrad, Four Seasons or Regent. I think they r abt the same standard, in terms of high class.

blee

Hi Beetle,
Been to a seminar in Sheraton, service is quite ok and food is not bad. But I do notice that the ballroom is a bit run-down. Not serious and not too obvious, it takes some close observation. But that was about 2 years ago, don't know whether they have done up the place.

The hotel is grand and I simply love the waterfall. My husband loves that place. If not for the price, we would have taken it.

annie

Hi Beetle

Sheraton was my first choice initially, but we didn't book with them in the end. Thought the price was too expensive, and they were not that flexible with the package. For example we enquired about whether we could swop some things we didn't require in the package for other items and the banquet manager told us frankly that we could only do minimal changes. This is a contrast to the other hotels we talked to, who were more accomodating. Also, do check out their decor coz the stage decor (the last I saw, with the drapes on the stage, sorta looked like a funeral wake with all the white flowers :O) didn't look very appealing. I'd advise you to talk to a few more hotels first, and pop by the Sheraton ballroom on a weekend to check out the real wedding decor. Good luck! :)

beetle

Thanks to all for your most helpful comments and feedback.

Just a bit apprehensive about the L shaped ballroom. Any views on that ? Thanks. :)

biscuit

The L-shaped ballroom killed everything for me when I dropped by to check out the hotel. Yeah, like Blee, I loved the waterfall and how you could actually see the waterfall area from the foyer outside the ballrm. However, the moment I stepped inside the ballroom, I just did not take to it. The L-shape makes the ballrm feel alot smaller than it really is, and the stage looked really awkward where it was placed. The place was dim and definitely looked old. Further, it would be weird for guests sitting at the smaller side of the L-shape as they would not be able to see the guests on the other side and hence might feel isolated. Further, the ceiling on the smaller side is lower and hence worsen the problem of them feeling cramped in. Another hotel that I know of having the same L-shaped ballroom is Carlton Hotel.

However, the price for the sheraton dinner is really quite reasonable cos if you work it out over 12 pple, it would be about $70+++ per pax. This is cheaper than other hotels such as Four Seasons, Pan Pac, Shang etc. Further, you get an ala carte menu to choose your dishes from. And the food is supposed to be gd, prepared by the chefs from their chinese restaurant, Li Bai.

Weigh your priorities and you might just take it if you don't mind the ballrm!

annie

Hi all

If u're seriously considering Sheraton, I'd strongly advise u to go sneak a peek at their ballroom decor. For me, the real turn off was actually the decor. They did up the stage with all white flowers and this funny piece of white plank in the centre of the stage which i haf no idea what it's for. Frankly, it looked like a funeral type of set up to me. Pls do go take a look at it and make sure the decor is done the way u want it to be.

Annie

annie

Oops! just realised i repeated what i already said :p
sorry but the decor really left a very deep impression on me :pP

mei

Has any one manage to negotiate for seat covers to be included in the weekend pkage?? They are charging S$3+++ per seat cover.

P

pang pang

Hi mei,

I have booked Sheraton for my wedding on a Sunday next year and they have agreed to throw in free seat covers and complimentary smart lighting during the 1st dish presentation. Not sure if you are looking at a Sat. If u are, I think they are quite sticky abt throwing in freebies.

Regards

kit

Hi,
Have anyone hold their wedding at Sheraton Hotel. Any comment on their food, service and ballroom. I will be meeting their wedding consultant Roger. What can I ask for from the hotel . Thanks a zillion for the comments.

sweetiee

Hi Kit,

Oh my brother and 2 other cousins had held their banquets at Sheraton. Service is good, food is excellent and I think the ballroom is magnificent after the renovation. Location is quite convenient also, just next to Newton MRT and out of CBD. I personally din sign up with them becoz 1)I've attended too many dinners there 2) I dun have enuf tables to meet their requirement. But I would think it's a very good choice.
happy.gif

kit

Hi Sweetie,
Nice to hear your good comments. But do you find their hotel too old? From wat you know, is it easy to bargain freebie with them? What can I bargain for.
So where did you plan to hold your banquet?

sweetiee

Hi Kit,

Maybe the exterior of the hotel is a bit old (it is a well-established hotel after all) but the interior is grand. I really do not know what to bargain for coz my brother had his wedding quite sometime back and my other cousin is not working there anymore. Probably free barrel of beer? Hey, one thing I must comment, their cake box is really nice. I've kept it till now.
happy.gif

I'm holding mine at Orchard Parade Hotel coz I've only around 25 tables. My hubby does not have many relatives here so 80% of the guests are our frenz.
happy.gif

sweetiee

Hi Kit,

Thanks for your well wishes. I believe you'll have a great time preparing your wedding too. Just remember that the process is not reversible so ENJOY it!!
happy.gif

tiny123

Hi Kit

Have attended a friend's wedding dinner at sheraton last month. Well I can say that their decoration is nice, my friend used lilies as the flowers deco theme. Orientation of stage is good as it is in the centre of a right angle, both sides can see the stage.

The food is great. Just that for the 1st 2 dish they use those blue dim light which most of us can't get use to it as seems to make people giddy and sleepy, but lucky after the champagne pouring it on to the normal warm light. Quite exclusive too as only 1 ballroom and it seats 12 person to a table.
happy.gif

kit

Hi Gals,
thanks for your comment. I have met up with their wedding coordinator, basically quite satisfied with the service that they provide except for the projector which they are not willing to throw in for us? But overall quite good . However, still considering hotels like Panpac, Oriental and also Westin. Will put all your comments into consideration.

sweetiee

Hi Kit,

Glad to know that your meeting with them went well. I've attended dinners at Panpac & MM before, and I think in terms of food, Sheraton is still better. As for Oriental & Westin, I have not tried. In terms of location, frankly I dun fancy Marina Square or Suntec area. Quite inconvenient if you dun drive, isn't it? Westin is ok but they're changing magt, hope things are transiting well. Hmmm, anyway, just thought it'll be good to consider all these factors. All the best!
happy.gif

janice

Hi gals,
I have met the wedding consultant, but according to him, they do not have picture of the stage and ballroom setup and also the wedding card design. Can any kind brides of Sheraton advise me more about the above items. Shd I be encourage to sign up with them. Thanks a million.

P

pang pang

Hi Janice,

I have booked Sheration for my banquet next June.

Anyway, I understand that they normally get Woodsville to do the ballrm decor. I didn't ask to view photos of the setup as my hubby and I believe in seeing the real thing. We have gone down to take a look at the decor a few mths ago and we didn't really like the huge pot of flowers in the centre of the stage. But the rest of the ballrm looks nicely done up. We understand from the coordinator that we can get our own florist to do up the place and they will deduct the amt from the banquet cost. In fact the coordinator did invite us to go down to take a look at the ballrm decor on one of the weddings which was done by another florist. But unfortunately, we were unable to make it then. Anyway, we will probably be checking with them on the wedding schedules again and pop in to take a look at other florists' work before deciding on whether to stick to Woodsville.

As for the wedding cards, Sheration gets their cards from this shop which I can't remember the name. I think it is the same one that Raffles Hotel uses. U will need to go to the shop to choose from the designs that they have and I understand that there are abt 30 designs.

Hope that this clears your doubts. Do feel free to ask me if you have any queries, ok : )

Regards

janice

Hi Pang Pang,
Nice to hear from you. I went down to see a Chinese setup for a Malay wedding too last Sat. Well, basically quite okay, just a little bare maybe cos it is a Malay req. Yeah, the coordinator said that can get own forist and they will refund you the amount. What do you think of the ballroom shape? Is it odd. What about the food and their service? Who is your coordinator. I met Roger. Btw, can share what are you able to bargain for so that we can try that too. Thanks a million.

P

pang pang

Hi Janice,

Glad to know that you are considering Sheraton as it seems that Sheraton is not a very popular choice.

My coordinator is Roger too. Not very sure if he is the only wedding coordinator around. Maybe you should check with him on the next Chinese wedding banquet that they have so that u can go and take a look. Will probably call him and check with him on when is the next wedding with June Florist as the "decorator" as we want to see if they can do a better job as compared to Woodsville.

As we will only be having 22 + 2 reserve tables, the last table at the longer end of the L-shaped ballroom is not that far from the stage. I find that the ballroom shape is ok as none of the tables will be blocked at all.

I have received alot of feedback that the food at Sheraton is good and personally I have attended a few weddings there before and it tasted quite good to me. Moreover, with the a-la-carte menu, you can create your own menu and u can get to choose the dishes that u like... As for service wise, one of my friends who had held her wedding there had no complaints... so should be quite ok...

Actually, we did not really bargain alot... guess we are too tired searching for a venue and being able to settle for Sheraton is something that we had always wanted, so we didn't really bargain for much stuff.

We only managed to get the following :

1) Waiver of 50% of the total no. of bottles of wine brought in.

2) Free seat covers

3) Intelligent ligting at no cost

Sorry for the long reply... do let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

janice

Hi Pang Pang,
Yeah I agreed with you that Sheraton doesn't seems to be a popular choice, why is it so? I find thair package quite comprehensive. Btw, how did you managed to bargain for 22 tables. Is yours a weekday dinner? He only allow me a min of 28 tables. Oh, I didn't know that ST also engage June florist to do the deco? There will be another Chinese banquet on 21/9 so maybe you can go down and take a look again.

P

pang pang

Hi Janice,

Maybe Sheraton is more well-known as a business class hotel...or maybe the exterior of the hotel didn't look that high class...

Mine is a Sunday dinner. Understand that they are more flexible with weekdays and Sundays dinner and they refuse to budge for Saturday dinners... this is what Roger told me. It is also cos he was willing to allow me to have a min of 22 tables that we feel quite pai-seh to bargain for more things too...

Maybe I didn't make myself clear in my earlier posting. The usual florist that they use is Woodsville. But they do have bridal couples using June's florist. In the event that we use June's florist, we will have to liaise directly with them and ST will give us a refund of the floral cost. It seems that June's florist is used quite frequently at ST.

Will check with Roger if the one on 21/9 is by June's florist. If it is by Woodsville, we probably will not go down as we have already seen their decor. Another thing which we like abt ST is that they will "dress up" the staircase with ribbons leading to the 2nd floor where the ballrm is. Moreover, they will only host 1 dinner per nite and quality of food will not be compromised. These are just my personal opinion...

So which other hotels have u visited? Have u asked Roger to make a tentative booking for u? Btw, which date are u looking at? Better get him to make a tentative booking so that u can at least secured a place while considering... but of course, try not to take too long a time to consider cos the venues are being snapped up like hot cakes...

Regards

janice

Hi Pang Pang,
Mine is also a Sunday dinner, but guess Roger is quite accomodating to our need already. Have you confirmed your booking? How is their aftersale service. I have asked Roger to make a tentative booking and he will give me priority in confirmation if other couples are interested. My date is in Dec 2002. Now I am only worried about the deco cos didn't get to see a real Chinese set-up until prob Sept next wedding. How do you find the Woodville's deco? Do you know if ST will retstict the type of flowers that we use in the setip. Heard that they are in the midst of introducing two more theme set-up. One of them is the gazebo that Panpac has for their garedn theme. Btw, I have forgotten to ask him on the charges for the unopened tables on the actual day, do you know? Thanks

P

pang pang

Hi Janice,

I thought that the no. of min tables for Sunday is 25. Why is it that your min is 28?

I have confirmed the booking a couple of months back. Perhaps it is still early that is why he didn't call us. But he did inform us that we have to remember to go down to the wedding cards printer a few mths prior our wedding to choose the cards and ST will not calling us on that cos of the arrangement between them and the vendor.

I personally find Woodsville's decor quite nice except for the big pot of flowers in ther centre of the stage. We especially love the VIP table setup as well as the aisle decor. Overall, I find that the decor is considered quite nice as compared to some other hotels.

I understand that ST pays Woodsville a certain amt of money for the decor and Woodsville is free to use whatever flowers that they want. I think the flowers that they normally are white and pink lilies... Anyway, if the bridal couple decides to engage an outside florist, they will liaise directly with the florist and ST will not have any dealings with the florist at all. Hence, the pt that I am trying to make is that I don't think there is any reason why ST should restrict the type of flowers used. If there is any restriction, it will most prob be imposed by the florist due to price factor.

Didn't know abt the theme set up. Have heard so much abt Panpac's gazebo. Wld be great if ST has something like that too. Will check with Roger on this too.

I thought that once u have confirmed on the min no. of tables and there are unopened tables on that day, u will still have to pay the full amt of the unopened tables. As for the reserve tables, if u don't use them, u won't need to pay. That is why it is not advisable to confirm on a high minimum cos u will have to pay for them whether is is "opened" or not.

Hope this helps...

eve

Hi Pang Pang,

You mentioned that we have to go down to the wedding card printer a few months before the wedding. I suppose you are reffering to the selection of cards. Do we need to do that so way in advance? oh dear, my wedding is Jan and I have yet to do that. Since on the line, wonder if anyone has any good recommendation for actual day photographer? panicking now as I have yet to book mine. everything seems to be kinda last minute rush for me now.

I

idah

helloo... pang pang and eve...

i have also booked my wedding venue in sept next year... mine is on sat... i have read the messages dat u have written for each other... firstly, my coordinator is Alvin... damn nice and friendly guy... threw in a lot of feebies for me like wat u said free cover chairs, free cost for the intelligent lighting... etc etc... as for the decorations.. i went down to look at the ballroom in may... they got this new theme.. can't remember wat is it... but it has this pink theme... did not quite like it... and I told Alvin.. he said not too worried as they will make adjustments along the way.... as dat is the first time they have put up the theme... so u girls, not too worried... the first time, i went into ST and there happened to be a wedding there... the decorations was very nicely done up... the table set up looks very grand...at the first sight i juz luv it....hope dat the above infor helps... let me know if u need any....

cheerzz...

idah

eve

thks, Idah. but sorry for the late response.
Just wondering why ST is unpopular as hardly see any discussion in this forum. I thot ST's package is very comprehensive. I guess the only drawback is their L-shaped ballroom. could you care to share what makes you decide on ST?

I

idah

helloo... eve...

what made me choose ST could be the service that Alvin (the wedding consultant)provides first class... and the waterfall... the layout of the tables... the ambience... the piano... everything .... and they have a muslim kitchen in order to cater food for my muslim friends.... if u know what i mean... i think the only drawback it could be the L-shaped but as mine has only 30 tables... it should be fine... anyway, juz to refresh my memory... when is your wedding date... have u booked yr venue... let me know if you need any information on other hotels...

cheerrzz

idah

janice

Heh Gals,
ST will be having a Chinese wedding this Fri? Anyone going down to view the setup? Do you know if the setup is done by wOODVILLE?

I

idah

hi... janice...

sorrii.... did not know that ST will be having a Chinese dinner this Fri.. as my wedding is about a year away.... so not too sure whether the set up is done by woodville.... i'm not going down to view the set up as i'm quite tied up by work.... r u going down to view the set up... maybe u can let me know your comments after viewing it....

cheerrzzz...

idah

C

chipmucks

Hi all,

I have just went down to Sheraton to view the ballroom and my FH and I both like the setup, so more or less we are quite confirmed on signing up with them. Would like to find out what is normal amount required as a deposit? Any ways to reduce the deposit? Thanks!

cheer

hi chipmunks

we paid 20% of the actual price as deposit when we booked our banquet at Goodwood Park, i suppose its a uniform practice... and the deposit is non-refundable.

serene

hi ladies, i am in the midst of looking around for hotels- wedding banquet..

Can you let me in on your comments for Sheraton Towers?

The ambience, the food, the set-up etc.?

By the way, Cheer, how is Goodwood?

Thanks!
Serene Tan
happy.gif

cheer

hi Serene,

The ballroom @ Goodwood is cozy, i personally find it romantic , it has this long corridor by the side, should look nice with some flower decor
happy.gif

What my fiancee n me like best is the private reception area, its separated from the outside and the actual ballroom by elegant doors
happy.gif

N another factor we chose the location is bec the hotel only has one ballroom for wedding banquet so it makes your wedding exclusive to some extent
happy.gif

last of all, food @ goodwood is nice
happy.gif

as for Sheraton Towers, it is always known for the good service and the chinese restaurant Li Bai there serves wonderful chinese food
Been there only once but i think the ambience there is really good
happy.gif
you shd consider ST if you like it, but dunno the pricing :p

corica

Hi Serene

I attended a wedding dinner at Sheraton before. A few comments...the ballroom is L-shaped so it's a bit odd but there wasn't any problems for those sitting at the back to see the couple on stage. The food is quite good too. I also know that Shertaon has only 1 ballroom so it's very exclusive. You don't need to worry about sharing the ballroom with other couples. One thing though, the ballroom decor is quite old but it has its pros - near to MRT and easy parking for guests who drive. If i'm not wrong, ST per table costs about $800+ but it's for a table of 12...so it'll work out to be abou $70+ per guest. Hope this helps!

serene

hi cheer & corica, thanks for replying!

i have actually checked the price, they both come up to about S$80/ pax.. in this case, i think goodwood is a better choice, since corica mentioned that the ballroom is L-shaped...

but i like the idea of being exclusive! was considering Marina Mandarin, but heard that several weddings can go on on the same day!

any other good suggestions that i can consider?

btw, when are your big days?

corica

Hi Serene

Why not consider the below hotels?

a) Traders Hotel
b) Merchant Court Hotel
c) Fullerton Hotel - exclusive also cos they only have 1 ballroom
d) Pan Pacific Hotel
e) Hyatt Hotel
f) Hilton Hotel
g) Regent Hotel

I personally think Goodwood gives a very 'back to the old times' feeling. And parking is also quite limited if you have a lot of guests.

Btw, my big day is in May next yr
happy.gif

serene

Hi Corica

Thanks for the list, but I am either bound by their costs or their min. no. of tables!

1) Traders Hotel- I have heard that it's pretty old?
2) Merchant Court- I like it very much but they have the min. 38 tables for weekend.. I think I have only about 30..
3) Fullerton- too ex. my budget is about $800 nett.
4) Pan Pacific Hotel- I rather go for Marina Mandarin?
5) Hyatt Hotel- A relative had his there recently, I rather not?
6)Hilton Hotel- I may just take this..
7) Regent Hotel- ex.!

may be a little too picky but I guess I want the best?

sigh* so difficult to make a decision!!!
sad.gif

cheer

hi Serene,

hmmm seems you have done lotsa reserch
happy.gif

only know Traders belongs to Shang-rila mgmt...so not sure how's the price but think they have done reno recently...
I will not reccomend Pan Pac... dun really like their food ...
Did you consider Four Seasons? It seems a nice place too (but its rather far fr MRT)
Corica... i don't think the parking space is that limited at Goodwood park, apparently they have space enough for 100plus cars, its unless all your guest drives then i wouldn't suggest GW
happy.gif

interestingly, someone actually said the area around GW is enough for another hotel... so its actually really spacious out there
happy.gif

btw they take max 30 tables there, but Serene if you are going for GW, will suggest you don't go to max, else the ballroom will look crammed, the banquet manager might suggest you have some tables along the corridor but i don't think its a good idea, so i am keeping numbers small
happy.gif

My wedding is in May2002, same as Corica
happy.gif

so Serene, when is your big day? If its near mine, we can go gown-shopping together
happy.gif

serene

hi cheer,

my proposed wedding day is on 15.02.2003.
I am actually also sourcing for bridal packages, and have been actively participating in JWN (Julia Wedding News) forum...

Maybe you would like to join us there?

Have met up with some of the ladies, been to JWN and seen the pix for quite a few couples, I like them quite a lot.

I hope to settle my banquet and bridal package by this year, thus the research and active participation!

happy.gif

cheer

yeap Serene
saw some of your postings there, seems like lotsa fun there
happy.gif
was reading the thread there just now but have nothing to contribute leh, so din interupt :p

Serene,i must say you are really hardworking, considering your wedding is in 2003, wow!
i only started my prep like in August (only reading bridal magazine heheee), booked the location late Aug
happy.gif
me very paiseh now haha

any bridal packages to reccomend?
so you have seen all their pix?
happy.gif
can i see too?

sweetiee

Hi Serene,

Hey, surprise to see me here? Just come in to KPO lah...:p Hello cheer!!! feel free to join us at the JWN thread! I'm like the most active one there... *buay pai seh*
lame.gif
Well, if you wanna see my pics, I can send them to you... *buay pai seh again*

Anyway, this is a thread for Sheraton right? If you gals are still considering I would think it is a very good choice! (If you were to refer to my earlier comments...)
happy.gif

cheer

hi Sweetiee
i have become a "loyal" fan of your postings liao
happy.gif
coz u really active in many threads
happy.gif

but really fun just reading heheee coz me oso very kpo one...opps
yesh yesh... i wanna see your photos... of course!
please click on my nic and send me oki
happy.gif

sweetiee

Hi cheer,

Wow, din know I can set up a fan club already... *pai seh*... Ha ha ha...
proud.gif
Ok, will send to you shortly.
happy.gif

serene

Sweetiee's Fan Club?? Okie, I will be the first to join!

Sweetiee, you mean to say you have good comments for Sheraton? Any other good hotels to consider?

It's good to have you around here!

Talk to you soon...
happy.gif

I

idah

hi ladies....

i am going to be a Sheraton Towers bride in next year Sept.. just going thru the thread about ST... the deposit for ST is $3000... and i can say i will never regret for having my banquet there.... some comments on the hotels dat was mentioned above...

Hilton - i dun like the pillars and found that the food quite small portion...

Pan Pacific - dislike the food.....

Grand Hyatt - decor and ambience excellent.....

Sweetie... if u dun mind, can i take a look at your photos too...

cheerrzzz

idah

sweetiee

Hi Serene,

Hee hee... you so "shang lian" har?!
proud.gif
But pai seh lah, not ready to set up any fan club yet...
happy.gif

Yup, my brother and a few other cousins had their wedding banquets at Sheraton... if you refer to my earlier postings, I did mention that before. My overall experience with them are good... be it service, cuisine or ambience...
happy.gif

Other good hotels? Frankly it depends on the budget and your criteria. Let me know so that I can further advise you.
happy.gif