Sheraton Towers Singapore Hotel

mae

Hi fellow ST brides,

Personally, I oso dun think much of the ballroom decor ...in fact, quite disappointing. I've spoke to my coordinator and he said that he hasn't much feedback abt the decor to date.

Why don't each of us reflect our opinions to our respective coordinators. I think, they will try to do something abt the decor if they receive enuff negative comments, agree?

wing

I agree wit Mae, maybe that will help? Since now they kept saying there's nothing much they can change.

sept03

Does anyone has any idea what's the email address of Eng Yan?
My wedding is in Sept, i had signed the contract.
Can I know when should I start bothering the sheraton people or when will they call us again???
How do I proceed from here??

mae

Hi wing & sept03oso,

Personally, I think it is ok to drop them our feedback now so that we allow ample time for them to take action.

If we feedback near our wedding date, the notice may be too short. I believe the will be having a bridal show again around April ...guess feedback b4 April will be most ideal cos this is the time whereby they will decide what to showcase, agree?
happy.gif

wing

Hi Mae,

I will be calling my coordinator after CNY to give feedback AGAIN...I have been dropping a lot of comments over my unhappiness of the stage decor previously...;( hope this will helps, because other than the awful stage decor, i think everything else in ST is almost perfect!

ling

Hi sep and wing,

me also book with sheratons. have not seen the back drop or anything yet. so how. what should we do. should we request and make a complaint or what?

me also sep , mine is 20th.

my coordinatior is roger.

wing

Hi Ling,

maybe u should bring it up to your coordinator...i believe with all of us as customers giving our constant feedback on the stage decor, it will help when they have meetings. at least they will bring all these up in meetings and realised that there are indeed so many couples unhappy over the stage decor. and they might change the decor for this yr. I'm sure this will benefit all of us. Unity is strength remember!
happy.gif

sept03

i feedback to my coordinator abt the stage decor. She said she will try her best to see what she can negotiate with her contractors....BUT till now no news from her....

mae

oic. Hope she will get back to u soon.
I will also try to speak to my coordinator and see what he says.

S

st fan

Hi all ST Brides,

I am very keen on ST as the venue for my wedding, but is very concerned about their configuration of 12 per table; I need your advice on whether it is very awkward to arrange your guests in tables of 12 so much so that there are empty seats and you cannot recover the costs ?? And also, based on your experience at ST , is it possible to recoup the banquet costs for weekday. Please kindly advise. Thank you very much

ST fan

ling

hi ladies.
can i check with you. have you girls seen the decor for the poolside wedding?

Due to certain reason, i'm unable to hold my wedding and was thinking of converting it to a more simple event. was thinking of poolside.

However, if anyone is interested in holding their wedding in sheraton, i might sell my package to them.

J

jittery

Hi ST brides-to-be,

It's great to see (or rather, read) all these positive comments abt ST, its fantastic services and the food etc etc...

I am also having my banquet at ST in October this year...and after reading the postings above, I realised that we ALL have the same feedback re. the stage decor...it is really awful.

I agree that we should all try and do something abt this and let all our coordinators know abt the ONLY unacceptable stage decor. Maybe they can do something abt it if everyone is so against it?

Meantime, would like to check with all the other ST brides who had their banquets already...does ST provide silver service, where they serve individual portions out to the guests as with all the other 5-star hotels? I am not quite sure abt this and would like to confirm before i approach my coordinator.

Thanks!!

Hi Jittery,

I just had my wedding 2 days ago.

The wedding stage deco (the one with the gold ribbon and white background) was not what my guests noticed at all. In fact, they were raving abt the food and flower deco so hope that will help to ease yr fears and anxiety.

ST did serve individual portions out to the guests according to my friends so i guess that shd be standard for everyone. Hope that helps too.

J

jittery

Hi Excited Bride,

Thanks so much for your reassurances....

The food, i think, has always been a great "asset" for ST! Glad to hear that the standard is still as excellent!

Meantime, can i check with you what kind of flower arrangement you had on your guests' tables??

When I was there for the wedding show last Oct, they had samples of really tiny, miserable floral arrangement (if you can even call it that...) i.e. a simple rose with some leaves type of thing..

Has that been changed to something more substantial now?

Thanks once again...

Hi jittery,

There are basically 2 types of flower arrangement to choose from. One is the zen-like arrangement which you saw with 1-2 roses arranged in an upright manner with 2-3 pandan looking leaves? (hope I described it properly). That type of look is contemporary and shows clean lines. But as I want the romantic theme so I went for the lower arrangement of 3 roses with tealites in the bowl.
My color theme was pink and white so i requested for Fuschia Pink Roses(30%) and White Roses (70%) both full bloom.
The arrangement turned out very nice according to my friends who were at the dinner. Didn't use too many lilies (only at the reception) as I ever seen 2 wedding dinners held in ST before sometime back. The lilies used did not bloom very well, as a result, they look pretty sad looking.

Hi sept03,
Hope i answered yr questions - no pix yet cos i only sent them for developing yesterday! haahaa....will wait for them to come back so that i can email to you, k?

J

jittery

Hi Excited Bride

Thanks for your input! Much appreciated...this sounds like what i had seen at the wedding show last year then....

I had thought at that time, that the floral decor looked a little 'bare'....

Could you tell me if it looked alright during your wedding??

Since ST now provides Silver Service (where food is individually portioned out to guests), there isnt a need to place the entire dish on the centre of the table...was afraid that the tiny floral arrangements would seem small somehow?

Can you pls advise?

Thanks thanks thanks!

Hi Jittery,
You are welcome! I just got my photos developed yesterday - my photographer friend didn't really take photos of the decor flowers so i may not have anything concrete to show you....It looked alrite to me personally but I guess that's individual to me.

If you are really worried abt the tiny floral arrangement, you can arrange to have the tealite displayed in the dish on every table like I did so that the surface looks flatter and slightly bigger than the taller and `skinnier' display. Hope this helps!

jul_04

Hi everyone! Anyone know of anyone who managed to get 25 tables for ST? I love the hotel, but can't make it for the min 30 tables!

jul_04

Hi Kat22

Really? That's a relief! Cause my bf n I have been counting & recounting. Can't seem to make it for 360 guests.

Btw is Melanie Teo nice? I'm going for the bridal show on 13 Apr. Hopefully can get more freebies. So cheapo! :p

kat22

Hi, jul_04

Dun worry..they are quite flexible
happy.gif
Hw, I heard they are stricter if the wedding is on Sat. If your wedding is on a weekday, you may even get away with 22 tables! Try to negotiate with them
happy.gif

Who is Melanie Teo? Is she a new coordinator at Sheraton? My coordinator was Alvin and he's great
happy.gif

No, dun say cheapo lah..everyone hopes to get a gd deal mah
happy.gif
Enjoy yourself..you won't regret hving your wedding there
happy.gif
Till today, my frens who attended my wedding still tell me that Sheraton fd is one of the best!
happy.gif
happy.gif

jul_04

Hi Kat22

I was trying to read the previous postings to find out when u had ur wedding, but gave up. So many!

Anyway, my bf really likes Li Bai food. But me haven't tried b4. I was there to collect the brochure last Sat & the lobby looks nice.

We hesitated quite long, trying to decide between cheap hotel (less risk) or more posh one. U think pple might give bigger ang paos for posher hotel like ST? $$ quite tight, cause been working less than 2 yrs.

Me quite confused, nvr started thinking abt weddings in general till my bf proposed last xmas. Now then I realised I dunno so many things! Starting to panic!

jul_04

Hi Kat22

Aiyah, I'm so blur. U just said that ur wedding was in Sep02 rite?
blush.gif

My wedding on sun too. Jul 4 next yr. but I'm wondering if it's the chinese 7 mth. I dun care but if relatives dun turn up, I'll be busted!

kat22

Hi, Jul_04

Dun worry..you can take your time to read through the thread...I got many useful info from the ex-sheraton brides here
happy.gif

I think most pple will give based on market rate, which is between $80 to $100. Sheraton may not be cheap but it is definitely value for money
happy.gif

You must try their food...it is really yummy!
happy.gif
Hubby and I hv oredi decided to celebrate our anniversary there
happy.gif

I dun think the Chinese 7 mth is in July...it is normally in August. Dun worry, I am sure your relatives will attend your wedding
happy.gif

Hv fun! Dun panic...you still hv alot of time to prepare
happy.gif

jul_04

Hehe! Thanks, Kat22.

U mentioned Alvin is ur coordinator right? I saw some gd remarks abt him in this thread. Maybe I shd ask for him to be my coordinator. I think Melanie not ST's manager. I think it's Celine instead. See what I mean by I'm confused?
embarrassed.gif

I'm just worried that relatives give less ang pao. My flat also coming soon, so must budget nudget budget!
lol.gif

One more thing! Can I get another nite's stay? My wedding on 2 days leh!

kat22

Hello, Jul_04

Yup, Alvin is my coordinator. Do get him..he is really good and experienced
happy.gif

Where is your new place? I can understand how tough it is to plan for the wedding and renovate hse. Better to settle one major item first and not both at the same time. We r now in the midst of renovating our new place.

I got two night's stay which was part of the promotion package i got when i signed up. I believe they will give 2 nites stay during the wedding show too. No worries!
happy.gif

jul_04

Hi gals!

Anyone going for the wedding show at ST next Sun? Me keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get some gd freebies
happy.gif

Hi Kat22! Me on MC yesterday. Quite worried it was SARS, but it wasn't! Whew!
happy.gif
My new place is in Sengkang, like everybody else. Actually, I'm meeting Alvin this Sun to look c the ballrm. Heard that there'll be px increase for 2004 :
sad.gif

kat22

Hi, Jul_04

Hope you are feeling better! Yalor..now with the SARS outbreak, everyone is feeling jittery when they are down with SARS-like symptoms. Luckily it wasnt
happy.gif

Hey, our new homes will be pretty nearby! Mine is in P21
happy.gif
Just gotten my keys recently so now starting reno soon.

Gee..Sheraton increasing prices in 2004? Maybe it is due to the increase in GST? See whether they can freeze the increase for you if you sign up this year. Ask Alvin to show you the suite too if there is time
happy.gif

jul_04

Hi there Kat22,

I heard it was a $30 increase. And there's still +++ to go. *uh oh*
sad.gif

Me trying to decide whether I shd go all out with the bargaining or give & take a bit. I mean, if you squeeze every drop, maybe they'll be fed up & won't do such as gd job with your wedding dinner right? Hope I'll have time to see the suite. We're supposed to meet on Sun evening before a wedding dinner.

Hey! I'm getting my keys in Jul this year. After I settle this hotel thingy, gotta move on to reno & bridal. Quite excited abt the gown thing. I suppose everyone wants to be a beautiful bride
happy.gif
Btw do u have any photos? Mind sharing with me?

Seems there's only the 2 of us here...

jul_04

Hi kat22,

Long time no hear!

I booked my wedding at Sheraton last Sun. Got Alvin as my coordinator. He's not bad, quite nice to talk to. A bit ba(1) gua(4) too
happy.gif

You're right abt sheraton being not cheap! But the food is really good. And the suites look quite gd. I saw the tropical & safari suites.

How's the reno coming along? Did u get an ID or a contractor? I'll get my keys in Jul. Hmm.. seems like everything is happening in Jul for me!

sept03

Hi Jul 04, do u still remember the decor at the stage in the ballroom? I heard they had changed from the big white cloth with gold ribbon to something else. Wonder whether is it still so ugly. HOw abt the table centre piece? what do they have? is it nice? How much does each table cost? What freebies were given during the show? heard they have free stay in bangkok is it?

My coordinator has yet to tell me about the new decor.

jul_04

Hi sept03,

The stage decor was white cloth, but there was rose/maroon-coloured chiffon-like transparent cloth draped over it. Ermm,.. sorry not v gd at description. But looks quite grand, not bare.

Table centerpiece was a bowl with water, some floating candles & 3 roses. Not bad, but it's better to get other colours than white. White roses dun look very gd with the white tablecloth.

Each table is $830+++. So ex! \clipart {sad} U signed up already is it? Who's ur coordinator? mine will be Alvin. Ur wedding shd be in Sep this yr right?
happy.gif

kat22

Hi, Jul_04

Hey, glad to hear that you hv signed up with Sheraton
happy.gif
Hahaha..that's why i like Alvin...b'cos i oso very bagua!!
biggrin.gif
Dunno leh..somehow just can click very well with him
wink.gif
Anyway, you can be assured that you are in safe hands
happy.gif
Drop me a mail at [email protected] if you need any help
happy.gif

I hvnt started on my reno yet. Long story man! I got an ID but that firm wasnt very ethical although they are quite well known. We are now in the midst of terminating their service. Not very pleasant but we sud be able to settle it once and for all by end of this week. I was really vexed over it for the past few weeks. Anyway, I got myself another ID...he used to work for an ID firm but left to start something on his own. Very creative
happy.gif
Hopefully my reno will go smoothly from now. Hse reno is really very fan!
sad.gif

sept03

Hi Jul 04,

so wat freebies did u get?? Din they give discount during the show? $830+++ is quite ex. is it for Sat?

jul_04

Hi kat22,

Yeah, I'm quite relieved that I got the dinner thing over & done with. It's like I was working OT, Sat & Sun from end-Jan till mid-Mar. Then started sourcing for hotels, & w/in 1 mth, settled. Quite proud of myself! No shame!
lol.gif

I still haven't signed the contract, only confirmed w/ deposit. I think Alvin just emailed me the draft, but no time to read yet. *haha* So fast, & I'm getting complacent!

Wow! What happened with ur ID? Sounds bad. Hope this sort of thing won't happen to me. But at least u found someone else who's quite gd. Maybe u can recommend me when I get my keys.

Hi sept03,

Nope, my wedding's on Sun. No discount
sad.gif
I don't think hotels can give discounts, mostly it's just bargaining for freebies. I got seat covers for all chairs, intelligent lighting for first 30 min, & 3N stay in Sheraton Bangkok. Traded that for additional nite's stay instead. Oh, I got free wine too.

jul_04

Hi

Does anyone have Theresa as their coordinator? What's she like?

Hi ling,

R u the same ling in Thomson Wedding Design thread?

sept03

Hi

Has anyone of u served wine during their dinner? If there are abt 360 guests, how many bottles of wines do we need
Also, where can we get cheap duty paid liquors? Has anyone tried pouring liquors into empty bottles? Where can we get these empty liquors bottles?

kat22

Hi, Jul_04

Apart from Sheraton, which other hotels were u looking at? Indeed, i was very pleased n relieved when i settled the banquet too
happy.gif
Wow, free wine! U got a pretty gd deal! For me, i only get free flow of beer and soft drinks/tea
happy.gif

Well, i signed up with that ID firm b'cos the designer was really creative and we cld click with him. Unfortunately, the company terminated his service. After he left, we were passed from 1 designer to another. We were so pissed off when one of the designer even suggested that my ex-designer underquoted me for my kitchen cabinets and wanted me to top up. I told her off on the spot. They were also always trying to substitute materials we had already agreed with our ex-designer to something cheaper. Eg, they tried to change my veneer cabinets to laminates, citing that the laminate will look better! In the end, we feel that we cant trust them to handle our project so decided to terminate the contract with them.

My reno sud be starting in a few weeks' time. Can't tell the worksmanship yet but my new designer definitely has alot more committment than my previous ID firm. Once done, maybe i can take some pics to show you
happy.gif
If you like what you see, i can pass you my ID's contacts.

jul_04

Hi kat22,

That firm u went to really sounds like they have no biz ethics! It's too bad that ur ex-designer left, esp since u were really pleased with his design & quote too. Well.. what to do? At least u managed to terminate that contract. But did u have to pay a penalty or something?

Yeah, yeah, I definitely want to c some pics of ur reno. I'm getting my keys in Jul, so it'll be in time for the next project. I've decided to name all my wedding prep stages as projects - Proj Hotel, Proj Reno, Proj Bridal... Then at least i can have some break in b/w so that I don't get sick of wedding preps
happy.gif

Btw can I c ur wedding pics? Just kaypo-ing. But it's ok if it isn't convenient
happy.gif

I took the wedding packages from 9 hotels, but only shortlisted 4. The rest were too ex
sad.gif
Other than ST, I shortlisted Hilton, Oriental & Marina Mandarin. Really glad that I got ST. And I only got 1 bottle of wine per table, not free flow (tho I wished!). I only got 30-litres of beer too. So ur package was quite worth it too!

mimosa

Hello ST brides-to-be,

I'm still contemplating to take up ST or not. I'm actually quite keen on it until we spoke to the director who said that what we are signing now would only be valid for 2003 but my wedding is in 2004. So there's some degree of uncertainty. I don't want to commit to something which I don't even know. Are there many couples who signed up during the bridal show? I was there with hubby, but halfway through got to go as he got to meet his client. So missed the chance to get the freebies during the promotion.

I wonder if they could extend the promotion to us if we were to sign up within these 2 weeks.

yann

hi gals,

i would like to find out more about ST...for instance the price per table, min table and bargains to ask for... hope that u gals can help