Sheraton Towers Singapore Hotel

littlepanda81

Hi Firefly, apologies for the late blessings.
happy.gif
I just came back from Taiwan.. Congratulations!
happy.gif

claire_ch3

Hi Jonic,
We are not taking the cod fish as my hubby prefer the garouper with the head and tail.. haa. Yeah, we finalised our dishes already. Haven't finalised the floral arrangement though cos it really fell short of our expectations. very limited selections:p
How do you find their floral arrangments? Who's your coordinator?

Hi purple clouds, cards have to be selected from American Treasures. T-Dragon/American Treasures is the recommended printer. but i think you are free to choose from others cos you need to pay for your own printing.

mzlt7879

Hey all...im back fr taiwan as well...saw tat PP went taiwan too?? Went taipei on monday and back on fri nite...

The overall feel during my wedding was fantastic..i love every min of it & it didnt dampen my feeling though it was a short march in afterall...

Generally everything went on veri smoothly & we actually managed to finish the entire wedding earlier than expected...

Phew its over.. but but Im missing the glamour tat evening..so contradicting.. but its so wonderful (,")

firefly_leslie

Hi All,

Been a while since I last dropped by as was realli busy with my wedding last thursay 18 Oct. Finalli over liao but feels that its too fast and wish I could enjoy the process more.

I noted many feedbacks on the portion of the food too little esp for Sharksfin not enough. In fact, some of my guest also feedback to me the same thing. Some pple even tell me they feel that it looks like only enuff for table of 10 persons. I realli think this should be improve since many has feedback from the forum.

PP: Welcome back ! Ya...was MIA for a while as was busy with all the preps. How was yr HM ?

Janice : Our dessert was Cream of chestnut served warmed and many pple feedback was great as it is not common and quite refreshing and smooth on the throat.

Purpleclouds : I used Focal Printing for my insets. I think the boss is quite on the ball and despite my short notice, they got my insets ready within 3 working days upon my confirmation. Thumbs Up !

jonic

Hi May & Firefly,

Glad to hear tat everything went on smoothly for u on ur big day.

May, so did any of ur guests comment on ur black theme? Did any of ur guests mention abt the food portion?

Firefly, did u feedback to michele abt the food portion? Told her to take note of this when we went to finalise details with her. Hope there will be improvement on this.

Hi Claire,
My coordinator is michele. Who's urs? Ya....their floral arrangement is quite limited and simple. Have u decided on ur theme?

almonddust

Hey Firefly & Angela,

My belated well wishes goes to you on your respective wedding last week. Wishing you and your hubby æ©æ©çˆ±çˆ±, 白头到è€.

Hey Angela,
Since yours was lunch (same as mine), was the food serving enough for the guests? Can u share with me what are your dishes?

Hi Joey/Claire/Jonic,
Your turn coming very soon
happy.gif
Very excited? Hope all are well for you and really awaits that special day to arrive.

Anyway, can I also check with all of you when do I need to go for the food tasting? My wedding is on 8 Mar 08. In fact, someone from the hotel called my bf last week and asked him to confirm on the food details. I'm thinking when do we need to confirm with them on the dishes we want?

littlepanda81

Hi May, such concidence... I went last sat and came back on Thursday Night..hee..
happy.gif
Where did u stay? I stay in Ximenting in rainbow hotel.
happy.gif

May and Firefly, any photos to view? Hee..excited to see.... are you guys on multiply??

Firefly, my hm..haha..still not yet renovated. Just finished my ROM, back from Taiwan trip..time to work on it..haha.

Jonic, congratulations...
happy.gif
Next week will be your turn.
happy.gif

Hi Almonddust, mine is 5 days after your AD.
happy.gif
I heard it will be in Jan. Michele will contact us...

hi almonddust,

sorry for the late reply....

feedback from my guests were the portion were small.. but some find it ok....

also the service staff were 'rushing' my guests to eat as in always 1 2 clear their plates. even when they are food left for 2nd helping, the service staff cleared the main dish without asking...

other than that everything is ok....

my bridal suite is the beijing room, 1513. a bit small but ok...

food wise is ok except the portion...

but i do find it a bit rush too cos during the 2nd course... the banquet staff inform me to go up n change after the soup.... at first they ask me to go up after the 1st dish but i told them can i go after the 2nd dish???/ haha, they say okok... think they must be thinking this bride so greedy....must eat 1....

my dishes as below:
Appetizer
- Mini Octopus
- Suckling Pig
- Drunken Chicken
- Layered Beancurd Roll

Shark’s Fin Soup with Dried Scallop, Sea Cucumber, Fish Maw and Shredded Abalone

Roast Pi Pa Duck

Sauteed Scallops with Prawns and Hong Kong Seasonal Vegetables

Steamed Canadian Cod with Mushrooms and Seasonal Vegetables

ee-fu noodles

Hundred years Togetherness (Lily Bud, Dried Longan, Red Dates, Gingko Nuts and Lotus Seed in Syrup, served hot)

overall ok lar the whole event....

jonic

Hi PP,
My AD is next mth not this mth so still got abt 4 wks to go...but thanks in advance!
happy.gif

Hi almonddust,
I more worried abt it than excited leh.... very worried tat things will screw up on tat day.

Hi angela,
Congrats n have a blissful marriage! Thanks alot for ur feedback!

Actually, I have sent a email to michele and feedback abt their food portion and she assured us that our guests will have no complains abt e food portion. So let us cross our fingers and hope they will take this seriously.

jonic

Hi gals,

Besides Firefly who commented that the Pi Pa Duck is nice, any other comments abt this dish?
Cos I have selected crispy chicken for the meat dish as I heard from previous ST brides tat the Pi Pa Duck is so-so only.
Might want to change it to Pi Pa Duck if u gals have positive comments abt it. Thanks!

mzlt7879

Hey PP, yeh so qiao..i stayed in Caesar Park hotel opposite Taipei train station....veri central & just above the Taipei main MRT station..

As for my comments on the food portion, surprisingly all told me that its big and definitely sufficient for everyone. In fact they told me veri full after the meal. But i did hear comments tat the fish was a bit tough cos prob too big & the fish noodle was cold when served. Tat is a bit disappointing though cos tat was my fav dish...

As for the black theme, I seriously think its still a hate it or love it kind of theme but I LOVE it..so far only gd comments fr all my guests.

Happened to talk to my friend about the black theme & here's his comments:-

"using black but offset with striking bright intelligent lightings "
"bringing the attention of viewers by dimming the surrounding lighting"
"perfect co ordination of tuning the lighting to suit banquet activity"
"plus using yellow light to offset the dull black setting"
"What else can i say"

But personally I love it...thumbs up (,")
I feel so so so happi that nite...everything was jus lovely...

chunz

Hi to those who hv finished their wedding wif ST,

May i know hows the photos / video work turns out to be for using the black theme n red nakins n roses? Will it be too dark n yellowish due to the yellow lightings as well?

Thanks for sharing!!

mzlt7879

Hi chunz, I have yet to see my photos & videos yet but when its out, I will update you. Praying hard it wont look dark and yellowish...

Keeping my fingers crossed..

bizibee

Hi May,

Can share the photos with us when it ready. I'm thinking of getting the black theme too but worry will be too dark..

yc_mw

05 Nov '07 - Joey (Mon - Dinner)
12 Nov '07 - Claire (Mon Dinner)
29 Nov '07 - Jonic (Thur - Dinner)
03 Dec '07 - Janice (Mon - Dinner)
09 Dec '07 - Anlinna (Sun - Lunch)
05 Jan '08- Piglet (Sat - Lunch)
08 Mar '08- almonddust (Sat- Lunch)
13 Mar '08- PP (Thur - Dinner)
02 Jun '08- Josey (Mon - Dinner)
13 Sep '08- agunesu (Sat- Lunch)
13 Sep '08- Keh (Sat- Dinner)
05 Oct '08- Denise (Sun- Dinner)
01 Nov '08- Sassy_girl (Sat - Dinner)
07 Dec '08- nebear (Sun - Lunch)
08 Dec '08- min10 (Mon- Dinner)

littlepanda81

Hei Jonic, paiseh.. hehe.. saw the wrong date.. hee. congrats ya in advance.

Hi Joey and Claire, congrats ya. soon it will be your turn.. what theme did u choose? Anybody top up flowers?

Hi May, so qiao. hee.. Ya, i noe that hotel is very near to the station. hehe. Hope u had fun in taiwan. The musuem really amaze me.
happy.gif

mzlt7879

yo PP, taiwan is great...veri fun..sheraton @ Taipei looks gd too..

As for Gu Gong, amazed me too but pity I duno how to realli appreciate the items in there...

jonic

Hi May, Firefly & Angela,

Just to check with u all, did u play ur march in songs from the original cd? Thanks!

firefly_leslie

Hi Jonic,

My cuz downloaded the version i want for the march-in and burn into a list. We only use the oringinal disc for the continous playing for the rest of the dinner. I prepared 4 disc = total abt 60 songs for them to pay and repeat.

jonic

Hi gals,

Thanks for ur reply! Cos I was advised by michele to use original cds for the march in songs. I'm afraid of having technical fault if I use cds which I burned myself. So I'm relieved tat u all have no prob with burned cds.

littlepanda81

Hi May, Ya, sheraton in Taipei looks really high end type..wonder why they dun maintain the same standard around the world..mmm..SG one is not bad lah..but very biz like and old.. Actually i find Taiwan ok only.. hehe. I still prefer SG shopping and food.
happy.gif
Haha...really so qiao..hehe..

Hee..Any brides upload their photos yet? Really excited to see the new theme....

mzlt7879

hey PP & all, just got my AD photos back yesterday..but unfortunately my PG did not take a lot of photos of e ballrm but will be posting up soon... let u all know when its up in multiply..

jonic

Hi gals,

Just to check, did u all give ang pao to the waiters on ur AD? If yes, how much did u all give har? Thanks!

yc_mw

By the way ladies, I've juz been to AWT to choose my cards.. I tink the variety not much leh, coz they'll either say not designs no stock or some other excuses..

Anyone of u had such experience from AWT?

claire_ch3

Hi all!

Haven’t checked the forum for quite some time. Been busy tying up loose ends.. so here is a long post from me:

1. Can share which is the suite you got and your feedback? Are you allowed to choose your bridal suite? Anyone has the list of suites and description to share?

2. How are the projector-screens placed for the long and short march-in? Any comments or feedback to share?

Hi Jonic, my coordinator is Michele too. I have chosen the pi-pa duck, can only let you know after my wedding =)

Hi almondust, my food tasting was about 5 weeks before my wedding and it was upon request, otherwise will be later. Some other hotels seem to ask their couples to go for the foodtasting earlier though.

Hi PP, there isn’t much theme to choose. Just chose the normal theme, ie. with the white/off-white table cloth… the flowers are not impressive too. So we are bringing our own additional flowers.

Hi piglet, I managed to get the cards I like from AWT.. still ok la.. =)

mzlt7879

Hey PP, sorri still trying to see if any of my friends captured the black theme on photos...cos my PG onli took 1-2 photos..haiii...

Will upload to multiply by this weekend... keep all updated then..

Hey claire,
I realised u are aso di gio's bride?

claire_ch3

Hi May,
Yes!! I'm Di Gio cum Sheraton bride. So coincidence! =)

Your wedding was over already right? Can share which is the suite you got and your feedback?

mzlt7879

hey claire... haha ya so so coincidental..when's ur AD?
Sorri no feedback about suite bcos I havent utilise e night stay...

070707anlinna

hi everyone... long time no see.. too busy le.. Well for those who have my multiply site know where to get my updates.. haha..
I am considering the platinum and the black theme too.. I have told my designer amanda lee that mine is a lunch thus she design a white base with pink and bronze embroidery. The dress is fantastically nice..

Heard from my MUA that everytime she went there to do trial make up she kept seeing amanda doing my dress.. feel so honoured.. keke

My eveing gown is a cheongsam lime green base with pink laces all gown the dress...

My hubby likes my MUA, Jamsine make up too..

Thumb up for amanda and jasmine.

Oh not to forget, andrew choi took 300+ pics for us and when we went down for selection we always fell... We were asked to choose 70 pics but all the pics are so nicely taken and we are not selecting but trying very hard which to eliminate...in the end we gave up. We let him choose.. since he is so prof..

mzlt7879

Hi All, most of my photos are up in multiply ... ID: destinee7879

I will be uploading some others when I get hold of pictures taken by guests..

min10

Hi all, Congrats to all those whose wedding is upcoming and just over!

would like to ask, anyone of u here have Jane as the wedding coordinator? wat do u all think of her??

missy_miao

Hi Ladies,

Anyone top up for the floral arrangement in the ballroom? I've asked my co-ordinator, she say there's only 6 floral stands for long march-in, i think it's not enough..

Brides who had their weddings at Sheraton, can gimme some advice?

Thanks!

josey

Hi Joey/Claire,

Can you share with me how's the turn out like for a Monday dinner. What time did you start and end the dinner? Mine is a Monday dinner too and I'm kind of worry about the logistic issues.

sherna

Dear all... I'm new to this forum & am holding my wedding at ST end Dec this year. I'd just confirmed with my co-ordinator on the black theme for my dinner but am having 2nd thoughts about it cos i really do not know how the old folks will react to the idea
sad.gif
...my co-ordinator assured me that 7 out of 10 weddings held at ST recently had the black theme & everything was alright so far. I'm wondering if anyone had any negative feedbacks from their guests on the black theme?

mzlt7879

Hi wenny,
I had my wedding in Oct07 and i used the black theme..so far no negative comments..all were able to accept bcos it realli looks pretty with the intelligent lightings. You should bring your parents to view then c their response if u r worried. We brought our parents & they are very fine with it..

claire_ch3

Hi Piglet – I chose the short march-in.

Hi Josey – Mine started at 8.15pm, ended at 11pm. But quite a no. of guests started leaving before they finished their dessert.

Hi wenny, think you should really bring your parents to see the black theme. If they are happy with it, that should be representative of how your guests (relatives and old folks) will react. Cos some old folks are more traditional than others. =)

yc_mw

09 Dec '07 - Anlinna (Sun - Lunch)
05 Jan '08- Piglet (Sat - Lunch)
08 Mar '08- almonddust (Sat- Lunch)
13 Mar '08- PP (Thur - Dinner)
02 Jun '08- Josey (Mon - Dinner)
13 Sep '08- agunesu (Sat- Lunch)
13 Sep '08- Keh (Sat- Dinner)
05 Oct '08- Denise (Sun- Dinner)
01 Nov '08- Sassy_girl (Sat - Dinner)
07 Dec '08- nebear (Sun - Lunch)
08 Dec '08- min10 (Mon- Dinner)