Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa

Hi ladies,

wondeting if anyone can give me some advice on the solemization venue?am signing my contract within these few days and am hesitating btw lawn and jade (beach area) site..which is a better and nicer place for solemization?Thanks...

kazataza

hi ellie..sorry..saw your posting only now =)

just back frm sentosa..was at there frm 12pm...after meeting perry, went to walk arnd and returned at around 5pm to see how the dinners decoration today looks like when the timing is nearer

ellie

hi preciousthots, sorry i can't comment on the solemnisation area cos i didn't hold it there... if dazed is still ard, she can advise u. or u can PM her.

hi xiao fan, it's alright, i was gonna tell u if u 're there during lunch time, perry will give u a makan treat. hehehe... so did he? anyway, how did u and hb find rasa?
happy.gif

eggie

hi everyone,
i just went for solemnisation at Rasa Sentosa last month. The sun is very glaring around 5:30pm. Pls check when is the best time to catch the sunset.

tazy

hi ladies,

i'll be having my solemnisation and dinner @ rasa sentosa...really worried abt the turnout and food etc...

beourwitness

Hi preciousthots, I had my solemnisation party at Shang Sentosa. It was just perfect and very romantic. The huge tree at the site basically covers the very glaring sun and the tentage is fully equipped with fan, hence will not be too hot for the guests when they are having their hi-tea. If you want to have a look at the photos, drop me an email at [email protected].
Cheers!

samgirl

anyone has pics of their wedding setup at the pavilion? can email me at [email protected] pls? cos i'm deciding whether to engage an outside florist or use the default decor...as i'll be signing the contract by this week.

thanks

kazataza

hi ellie, perry did treat me...supposed to meet him at 12pm but he was late..heehee...so in the end he told us to go the cafe to makan ourselves first..

my FH not keen on Rasa leh..and I'm a bit dissapointed with the deco...not really wat i expect
kao_sad.gif

naughtyrabbit

Hi elaine, can i look at your photo too? Thanks.
[email protected]

anyway, hvnt been here for a wk.. seems like there are some new brides already..

anyway, hv already signed contract with coor shirlene on mon. now feel more secure. almost cdnt get the date i wanted. my AD on 26th Nov 06. managed to bargain quite a few stuff with her. pretty pleased with my contract. for the price we pay, really happy with the beautiful bridal suite but aft hearing bad comments bout poor quality food, starting to feel concerned again.. hmm..

anyway, we intend to hv solemnisation on the grass patch near the sea. dont no wat that place is known as. initially wanted on the sands as it sounds more appealing, but my HB pointed out that guests on heels might hv prob hving sands trapped in their shoes. so we decided on the grass.

HI sam girl, by engaging an outside florist, how much more ll u hv to pay? act the only thing i feel they can improve on is the deco. I mean comparing to the themes marriot or swiss hotel hv the deco is pretty plain lah (jus personal opinion) so i m tinking of adding more deco or getting outside florist but dont no is it gg to cost a bomb?? any opinions? :D

samgirl

I hasn't starting soucing for florists yet...awaiting to see pics of the Pavilion setup first before deciding (that's why i pending to sign the contract so see if can use the floral decor in the contract to negotiate for other things should we ultimately decide to use an outside florist)...

Anybody has any pics of the Pavilion weddding setup?

joy_cie

hi gals,

just wondering if you can share the menu that you chosed for your wedding. i am now in a fix as of what dishes to select for my wedding.

thanks!

merchelle

Halo Ellie,

U still here? hehehe..hey, so coincidence leh.. my ah lau's getting married this sun 18th dec at Rasa too..they are using the ballrm.. wohahaha.. i was telling my ah lau. heng lor, after makan, then can go back to the complimentary suite to Zzz.. hahaha..

For those BTB for Rasa getting Ballrm.. maybe i can tell u all more after attending the dinner yah.
happy.gif

ellie

hi gals, been busy the past 2 days... phew... so didn't have time to log in.

xiaofan, wedding is once in a lifetime after all and it's really impt tt both of u like the place. i agree tt rasa ballroom set-up is quite plain, no theme whatsoever. but we made-do with it. good luck in finding your perfect hotel!

joycec, i didn't have my solemnisation at rasa, so can't advise u on when's the perfect time to start. u can PM dazed. she may be able to help advise. as for menu, i took the flwg dishes:
1. Rasa's Deluxe Wedding Appetizer Selection - Baby Octopus with Sesame Seeds, Golden Seafood Rolls, Shark's Fin with Scrambled Egg & Crabmeat, Prawn Fruit Salad with Asian Mayo and Soya Chicken
2. Braised Shark's Fin with Crabmeat
3. Golden Roast Crispy Chicken with Prawn Crackers & Spiced Salt
4. Steamed Live Seabass with Superior Soya Sauce
5. Steamed Live Prawns with "Hua Teow" Wine
6. Braised Chinese Mushrooms with Young Corn & Broccoli Roses
7. Wok-fried Ee Fu Noodles with Crabmeat & Chives
8. White Snow Fungus with Lotus Seeds & Lily Bulbs

yozzz merchelle!!! wa piang u lucky ass, hahaha... really so heng man. it's your ah lau's who ha? u left out one word. oh it's this sun!
happy.gif
happy happy 1st anniversary! come back tell us the current standard of rasa food/svc/etc... perhaps can ease BTBs' worries.

ellie

here are some pics of pavilion set-up, got them from somewhere previously. can't remember which bride shared the pics... hehe. their table centrepiece have changed but still look nice.
happy.gif

merchelle

Halo Ellie and rest of BTB,

I'm back from the anni complimentary stay. well.. i thought got free breakfast one leh, but end up we have to pay for it, and ah lau and me knew it only during check out.hahaha..blur blur me.

Ellie,
hahaha,thanks thanks for ur wishing. hahaha.. opps, its my ah lau's colleague whom getting married on yest, using Rasa the siloso ballrm. hey, the feeling very strange. hehehe..coz last year married, this year attending other couple's wedding, married same place, same date, same ple (ah lau's other colleagues) attending.. hehehe..cant explain.. hehehe.. quite fun.

Btw, we (ah lau and his rest of his colleagues) were pretty disppointed with the food actually. to those BTBs, REMEMEBER to ask ur co-ordinator to make sure that the food is NOT served cold hor. quite a few dishes came out serving us cold. but well... still not so bad lor. seriously, i was only impressed with the prawns only (which still maintained the standard) as for the service part by the waiters and waiteress, good. they are very fast and prompt in service. esp the banquet supervisor, very attentive.

A little advise for those BTBs getting siloso ballrm, see what u all can do for those tables near to the speakers. Coz yest, the table we were seated was just NEXT to the speaker. N nightmares starts, music and sound was blasting to our table. worst part is the yam seng part, quite bad. coz every1 on stage were quite 'high', so understand lah also, abit loud, but guests next to the table, ermmm.. feel quite bad lor..

merchelle

Halo Ellie and rest of BTB,

I'm back from the anni complimentary stay. well.. i thought got free breakfast one leh, but end up we have to pay for it, and ah lau and me knew it only during check out.hahaha..blur blur me.

Ellie,
hahaha,thanks thanks for ur wishing. hahaha.. opps, its my ah lau's colleague whom getting married on yest, using Rasa the siloso ballrm. hey, the feeling very strange. hehehe..coz last year married, this year attending other couple's wedding, married same place, same date, same ple (ah lau's other colleagues) attending.. hehehe..cant explain.. hehehe.. quite fun.

Btw, we (ah lau and his rest of his colleagues) were pretty disppointed with the food actually. to those BTBs, REMEMEBER to ask ur co-ordinator to make sure that the food is NOT served cold hor. quite a few dishes came out serving us cold. but well... still not so bad lor. seriously, i was only impressed with the prawns only (which still maintained the standard) as for the service part by the waiters and waiteress, good. they are very fast and prompt in service. esp the banquet supervisor, very attentive.

A little advise for those BTBs getting siloso ballrm, see what u all can do for those tables near to the speakers. Coz yest, the table we were seated was just NEXT to the speaker. N nightmares starts, music and sound was blasting to our table. worst part is the yam seng part, quite bad. tend to be abit loud, and guests next to the table, ermmm.. feel quite bad lor.. but understand too lah, its a happy occassion, every1 on stage were quite high. so its understandable lor.

ellie

hi merchelle! good to c u back from your anni stay! i'm surprised too tt they don't incl breakfast?? then how u utilise your $100 F&B credit? guess what, i still haven't rec'd my anni stay voucher! sms perry again and he's on leave, said he's sorry and will check when he's back to work tmrw. hmmmppphhh....

the couple whose dinner our fren attended was also in siloso... so i wonder how come the problems always happen in siloso weddings? i had an acquaintance who held his wedding lunch at pavilion on 10 dec and he said everything went well, food also nice... but i did give him tips b4hand to highlight to the co-ord to ensure everything goes well. his co-ord was james.

as for the speakers, i wonder if they are able to do anything abt not placing the tables near them... haha.

merry x'mas everyone!
happy.gif
enjoy the festive season!

adeletes

hi all,
i just had my wedding at pavillion on 23rd dec. chanel and team had made my wedding a wonderful one. the food and deco was great. i was one satisfied customer. no regrets choosing rasa sentosa, in fact i am now missing it all.

adeletes

hi all,
i just had my wedding at pavillion on 23rd dec. chanel and team had made my wedding a wonderful one. the food and deco was great. i was one satisfied customer. no regrets choosing rasa sentosa, in fact i am now missing it all.

ellie

hi adeline! congrats... glad to hear u had a great rasa wedding! i guess it's pretty normal to miss the big event once it's over, what's with months of planning.
happy.gif
any photos to show?

storm8345

hi, does anyone have the softcopy of the design of the wedding cards? i'm still choosing between the red and the white card so can i have both layouts. i'm planning to do some layout. thanks. ^_^

wed_in_2006

Hi all,

Any idea if Perry is still with Rasa? I have email and sms him but no reply at all.

I understand he is a busy person but it is very worrying not to get any reply from him.. Hee.

Thanks.

Hi Wed_In_2006,

he shd be..just met up with him abt 1 mth ago..it's quite common not to get reply from him if sms or email him..it'd be better to call him as he usually picks up his calls..

ecorabbit

hi all, newbie here..need to check with u gals on ur comments.. we intend to book the siloso ballroom for 40 tables..any comments on their ballroom?

macadamia

Hi everyone...

I'll most likely settle on rasa for my matrimony and dinner as well!

Do we choose our coordinators or are they assigned?

ellie

hi storm, i used the beige card so i've only the layout for tt. PM me with your e-mail if u still need it.

hi macadamia, co-ords are usually assigned...

ellie

hi storm, the file size is abt 848kb... ok, i've just resnt to both your yahoo & singnet acc. let me know if u rec or not. tata for now!
happy.gif

macadamia

Thanks! Did you have yours on the sand area or grass? thinking of having on the sand. Anyone did not take the paper for the cards they provided and exchanged for something else? anyone had another wedding together with yours too? afraid it may be too crowded..

yjstory

Hi hi... anyone out there holding wedding banquet in Pavilion on either 20 Jan 07 or 27 Jan 07? I need those dates to suit my parents who are Dutch PRs and can onli make it on these dates. Anyone would like to have 2 Dec 2006 in exchange for the above mentioned dates can sms me at 97642556. Thank you

ellie

hi macadamia, for pavilion weddings, the reception is done at the lobby terrace. and i'm already done with my ROM beforehand, so didn't hold my solemnisation there. i don't think u can exchange anything for the invites cos it's relatively no cost to rasa... on our AD, there were like another 2 solemnisations during the day and 1 wedding dinner at siloso... but our dinner still turned out fine so no worries.

choco_berry

Hi Friends,

Did anyone trade in the anniversary stay and dinner for extension of 1 more night in the bridal suite? How much top up u made?

Thanks