Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa

fang

Hi Totoro,

ELaine is right about it. Hi Elaine, where have you been? busy? never hear from you for some time.

As for my choice of flowers...i used roses..blue and cream combination.

totoro

fang, u know what other flowers they have???

still 23 days more to go wor..
BTW, fang how many bottles of red wine did u purchase huh??

cleo

Dear all,

Just fyi only. Went to a wedding dinner there over the weekends. The floral arrangements along the aisle were not fresh looking and seems withered.

You guys might want to insist that they provide fresh flowers on your big day.

fang

hi totoro,

they have roses, orchid and gebara (i dun noe if spelling is correct? it looks like daisy flower to me..not bad!)

We are all counting down for you..must be excited ya...so i assume all the transport details are well taken care off right? just relax and oh have u gone for your facial? if not better do so 2 weeks before to avoid having those "squeeze-out" scars.

abt red wine, i didnt purchase any as my beer was free flow. so i save on that..hehe...

O

oct pooh

Hi Totoro,

hey hey...18 more days to your BIG DAY liao.....u muz be looking forward to it rt??

Agree wif Fang....muz relax , relax n relax so dat u will be mei mei (pretty) dat nite....Reckon most of yr guests would have RSVP you by now?

Bubbletea,

Yr beer not on free flow too?? how much complimentary beer u r given?? i only have 20 litres of complimentary beer....so i oredi set aside $800 - $1000 (min) for my extra barrels of beers.....i tink my colleagues gona booze thru'out the nite....given the situation...i decided to gif red wine a miss coz it's gona be costly...

fang

hi bubbletea,

which day is your wedding? if its on a sunday, most likly guest will control their alcohol intake as the next day got work.

but if sat, then i believe they will be drunk! :p

totoro

Hi andrea,
not so sure, look for my coordiator Elanine ..:eek:)

ya .i am very concerned abt the wine cos we only have 50 litres and we were worried not enough..
and the red wine cost $24++++ sigh..so expensive and i think we are not allowed to bring in wine?????cos more exp due to corkage charge or sthg..

u know, i have yet to go see the set up and also foos tasting..SIGH..really busy recently...

fang, my solemnisation and my cocktail will be at white fence and dinner at pavilion ..u think its a far walk huh???not inviting all for my solemnisation.

bubbletea

Andrea, u can email me if u need to know more abt the buffet package.

My wedding is on a weekday. 30 litres, but I got lots of guests so afraid not enough.

Totoro,
The walk is very pleasant, by the pool, not near but ok lah. My friend's wedding we all walk around her like they r movie stars... very romantic also cos walking in the dusk...

All the best, do get lots of rest so u can be mei mei. tell us how it went after that.

bonnie

Hi everyone

help your help. my hubby will be going overseas and i amd left to take care of the wedding. he will only be back 10 days before the wedding. Just want to check with you all what are the item that i need to take care besides the following :

(1)printing of invitation card
(2)guest list
(3)Si Dian Jing
(4)Food tasting
(5)????

can you all please advise?

wedding

these are some

1) who to be your helpers, bestman
2) their roles and responsilities
3) your beverage co-ordinator
4) the reception ladies
5) photograph takign co-ordinator
6) the agenda for the day of wedding
7) your actual day wedding co-ordinator who will take care of your purse, wallet, money etc etc

bonnie

hi totoro

i think your wedding is around the corner rite? can let me wat are those items that i need to prepare/ take note before my weddin?

totoro

Hi all,

I went to Rasa last sat to view the Pavilion and the set up...hmm..quite alright..

my wedding is just next week and i have yet to do food tasting and the RVSP still not done..songs as well...not to mention the IT presentation to be done by my friend.

will do all these by this week..
yap not to mention the bed sheet and stuff..

really in dilemna where to have the cocktail..
to have it outside the Pavilion or at the whitefence...stress.

A

amerline

hi ladies,

got a question to ask....

i know rasa provides coaches to pick up my guests....but do they do drop off as well? I do not want my guests to be stranded at sentosa after my dinner....heehee

hi totoro,

Congrats! I feel that if you do not have solemnization, so point to make your guests walk so far for the cocktail reception. Although its nice but you must consider the distance, esp if you got some38 relatives who like to complain abt everything.....

R

rasa04

Hi Amerline,

Yes, I believe that Rasa does provide return coaches as well. Think that generally the rule is 1 coach to 1 designated pick-up and drop off point.

A

amerline

hi rasa04,

thanks!! its a comforting thought! I was so worried for the past few days. now at least got one thing off my mind
rofl.gif

R

rasa04

Hi Amerline,

This query also crossed my mind a couple of days back and I checked and clarified with Rasa. So should be accurate...just to be very sure though, you might wanna check with your co-ordinator to get their confirmation as well... Dun worry about this and enjoy all the planning ahead!
happy.gif

bubbletea

Hi all, the coaches can send people back to the few designated places.

Totoro and Amerline, usually the aunties and uncles do not come very early, so the young ones are the ones enjoying the sunset. Friends took pictures like xiao! at my friend's wedding reception cos the dusk was beautiful. When they moved in, the aunties and uncles came. (Chinese style lah, come late). If I were u, I d choose the white fence. It's very romantic.

My two cents' worth, Totoro, u decide what's best and what style u wish... =) Finally, no matter how you prepare things may still go wrong, don't panic, just enjoy the moments and smile!

Enjoy your wedding! Remember to Relax!

A

amerline

hi bubbletea

I am having my solemnization at the white fence. now praying for good weather on that day. I am inviting all my guest for the solemnization and dinner, so hopefully they will come early. anyway i have decided that once the time is up, i will go ahead with the dinner.

i really hate waiting for dinners to start as a guest. its time someone taught Singaporeans to be punctual for dinners! we spoil them too much already. i always arrive early at the stated time. it shows respect for the couple also that i make a point to come at the correct time.

just my 2 cents worth....

geri

hello~
i'm new here. can someone pls advice me on how much it is to have a wedding dinner at rasa sentosa?
happy.gif
thanks in advance!!

brandy

Hi geri,
I think it shouldn't be too ex, cos its a resort status although its under the shang group.
happy.gif

My cousin had her wedding there.

bubbletea

email them. they usually respond. tell them what u looking for:
[email protected]

so far they r ok price wise, comparative to town hotels, but the transport takes abit more trouble. Cos parking is very far and guests who cant catch the coach have to walk or wait at parade square...

But I suppose if u really like the place, just have to make more arrangements loh. Like the rooms cos got nice sea view.

brandy, how's yr cousin's wedding?

Totoro, how are u? =)

geri

thanks brandy & bubbletea!

Just wondering. how long did u gals book in advance? coz we are going to rom this sept, but future MIL wants the wedding dinner to be in 2004.
happy.gif

totoro

Hi all,

will be getting married on Friday liao..went to Rasa last weekend ,VERY CROWded, hope that there will not be so man pple in sentosa that day..the carparks are full and so crowded with kids..urrggg....

anyway,everything is great and i am just hoping all will turn up and be punctual..

A

amerline

hi totoro,

Congrats! so how many tables u having? Can i check how u arrange the tables huh? Got the 2 big pillars so unslightly right? You put who sit there?

Mine is solemnization & cocktail at whitefence and dinner at pavillion. So which menu you chose?

By the way how much you intend to give to ur helpers like ushers and reception? What is the market rate? Must start to budget for mine already *stress*

elis

totoro - you getting married at rasa sen coming fri? i am attending a wedding function there coming fri! dun tell me its yours? but i am the groom's friend lah...your hubby?

kawayibabe

hi totoro,

Congrats!! Are u ready for ur big day this Friday?

I'm oso holding my solemnization & dinner at Rasa on Friday next mth.. which package did you signed up?

Can I juz check with you.. wht is the estimated red packet amount you would give to your helpers from both side (urself & ur FH)??

Understand frm my mum that we need to give red packets to the nephews or whoever opened the car door for us.. how much would u give?

I've got 2 nites free stay from Rasa.. how abt u?? This is after much negotiation from them.. had a tough time with them
happy.gif

kawayibabe

Hi all...

Was just wondering.. if it is necessary to give red packets to the jie mei.. pls give me your personal 2 cents worth comments!!

I was helping out at my friend's wedding day last Sat as one of her Jie Mei.. and got juz merely S$4 from her mum in-law after all the time spent for the day... all ang baos are distributed to all helpers (from her mum & his hubby) but stopped when it reaches us. SO UNFAIR AND BIAS.

We have to wait almost 4 hours at the groom's house for the grand arrival of all the elderly.. dunno wht kindof wedding style the groom's family adapted.

Not tht we are money face.. but this is a common practice that most follows.. and moreover, it is a gesture of appreciation on wht we have contributed to the couple's wedding!!

Wht makes us upset is the kindof unfair and bias treatment from the family..

Correct me if I am wrong!!

mad

"The goodwill and tradition of angbao giving has been ulterly destory. It has became a mockery of the chinese culture."

L

long mao

I do agree that such unethical moves made by that couple is utterly disappointed. It is not the angbao that counts, but it is the thought that the couple should consider when your brothers / jie mei are not obliged to wake up early in the morning, polish cars, purposely buy a dress for your dinner, taking leaves, going to great ends to ensure that your wedding turns out well

Any ang bao of reasonable amount is a kind gesture of thanking your friends for the great help that they have put in making your event a successful one. Furthermore, a red packet is a must (auspicious purposes)

Well, your friend must have tasked someone on that fateful night in ensuring that all ang baos collected for the night are being named so that they would know how much to expect from their guests, so..., the same goes for your own brudders and jie meis. This is something that you should not save

I, for one, do not advocate the naming of the ang baos. We wanted to share our joyous occassion with our best friends and relatives and want them to witness and gave us blessings in united as one. A dinner is to complement their kind presence and blessings. If they were to be generous to hand us a red packet for good luck, we should accept it with grace and not harping on if we do make a loss or profit or breakeven. I'm sure most of us shares the same concept

P

pukimon

Hi Totoro,

congrats on your coming big day .. i hope that you must be really excitied over the big day.

stay beautiful and remember have enough sleep

PS If you have ready cash after counting the ang baos, may i suggest u book a spa retreat to reward yourself after your wedding @ spa botanica to lossen your bones? it helps

bubbletea

Geri,
as far as possible once u ve got the date u want, call and book. People book very early. Singapore is one of the places where people book wedding dinners even 2 yrs in advance... scary!!!

totoro

Hi elis, hahaha, think so....cos there is only 1 wedding that day and its ours!!! heehee

Amerline Lee (amerlinelee),
I having 21 table.Menu A. Actually i had the same intention to have both solemnizationa nd cocktail at whitefemce , but not all will attned the solemnization and i think the walk towards the Pavilion is actually quite far..so in the end decided to have the solemnization at white fence and cocktail outside pavilion.

Kawayibabe (kawayibabe) ,
hmmm for me , i am not os lucky lor. I used my anniversary stay to exchange for another night stay!! :eek:P my hubby and i no good in bargaining..hmm..so sad!

$28 for those who open door.

Pukimon,
ya what a great idea.

Hi mad,
i totally agree with what u written....

3 more days.....so excited

A

amerline

hi totoro

oic, all my guests invited to solemnization and dinner, so i think i got lesser hassle than you. just pray that the weather holds up well on that day. btw you got a pastor or JP to do it? wat is the theme huh? you still at work or on leave to prepare already?
24380.gif

i actually like Fang's theme of blue and cream. something different from the normal champagne and red concepts.

hi pukimon,

i will be going for spa during my honeymoon, so i shall skip that in SG, but its a great idea. i am sure the bones will be aching standing in killer heels the whole day!!
24381.gif

hi long mao

i agree with ur concept of ang pow. its the thot and blessings that counts. BUT i cannot take it when pple come in family of 6 and give 20 bucks and tell u in the face, "i come give you face already ah and you serve me this type of food?" (implying low quality)

i think i would send the person out thru the door and give him/her 30 bucks to take a cab home.

fang

hi totoro,

counting down to your BIG day!!
happy.gif

so happy and excited for you.

remember to be back to share your experience with us!

O

oct pooh

Totoro,

your wish came true, the MRT is going to run on your wedding day itself ... so iz a good day for remembrance ...

Mad and Brandy,

I agree to your comments to a certain extent .. hehe

V

vio vio

totoro,

glad to hear that your big day is drawing near ... if u need any last minute help, do feel free to ask ... i guess that you must be pretty busy if you are not really that prepared for the big day ...

hey, dun scrimp on the ang baos ;p unless u r really hard up .. and if u r really hard up, dun book shang in the first place

P

pukimon

Spa Botanica is the best place for rejuvenation after a hard day. Give yourselves a treat and if you have extra cash, give your brudders and sisters a well deserved treat as well ..

Good idea ;p

question

totoro

i think dun bother wat other said about you being stingy. it is up to you to give.....since those ppl say you stingy, maybe there are trying to show off that they can give A LOT !!!!

any way congrats and enjoy yourselves on your wedding days. dun let these ppl spolit your mood.

chinchilla

hi gals,

was intending to hold my wedding dinner come next year in rasa .. can you gals offer any advice on the rates that the hotel is charging and what are the perks that we can bargained for? e.g. free flow of beer, two nights stay at the bridal suite, dining vouchers? etc ...

btw, rasa is a bit out of the way, how do you gals solve the problem? chatering buses?

elis

ya i do agree that rasa is quite out of the way, but it does offers some uniquness to certain couples

btw, the standard ang pao nowadays is $80/-, after deducting the cab fare to and fro which works out to be roughly $30/-, your guests may only give you max about $60, so I guess better give rasa a miss unless u strongly prefer to have your soleminsation by the crooked fence and have your dinner behind two big pillars