Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa

sleepysleep

hi washabi,
erm maybe u can email him on monday? he's bz i guess, thus need a few days to reply..

hi lindy,
ur co-or is really nice! =)

hi cha bo,
the $35 buffet might be from the sentosa organisation and not from rasa =)
heard that they have wedding package for solemnisation only..

racherlle

hi char bo & sleepysleep,

there is a buffet held from rasa but i tink it's ard 75 bucks nett per person..
happy.gif

u gals can check with the co-ordinators..
but for 75 per pax.. i rather hav the chinese dinner.. looks better too
happy.gif

for the solemnization package it is 50nett per person..
happy.gif

sleepysleep

hi rach,
yup rasa have buffet for 75 per pax.. min no of ppl i think is 50..
i also rather have chinese dinner also coz ard the same price

fiona

Hi Sleepysleep,

We have booked WF + pavilion (meaning customary+ROM+banquet on the same day!) since this year Feb already. Our wedding would be just next month!! We are very excited.
230768.gif

Rasa is very "hot" nowadays. A lot of my relatives also having their banquet there!

Hmmm.... to the rest of the brides, my advise would be try to book Rasa one year in advance if u want everything to go swee swee. Cos if miss, then maybe have to be in waiting list and wait for the others to give up their date.

tweet

Hi Hallie,

Jade site is somewhere near the lagoon area...but i'm not very sure if it would still be there once the reno starts..normally when people have outdoor banquet at Rasa, they tend to use this area.

tweet

Hi Lindy,

Same. I went down to Rasa again, and requested our co-ordinator to show us exactly where would be re-located 'lawn' area. It's supposed to be a more 'exclusive' area. :)I really hope they'll do up the place properly..cos that's the main reason why we chose Rasa...by the sea...

hallie

hi Tweet,

I think roughly i knw where it is. its ard the right corner when we walk out of rasa towards the beach rite.

audreyyip

Hi gals, still remember me?? Long time no come in liao so busy w my work...If not wrong today is Shern AD rite...hmmhmm wonder how is everything now?

Read all the past posts heard lonts of issue...
How come it seems like Rasa not standardize one leh...Got so many co-ordinator & all say diff things one.

By the way, any of u intend to rent the projector from Rasa?? Have anyone ask & how much will it cost for renting??

Read something abt the Soleminzation at the Lawn area, I remeber she told me that i need not any charges for the soleminzation at the sea, but i did went back to check my contract after reading the posts she wrote solemization @ the lobby terrance, i remember she told me if it rains then shall proceed to the lobby terrance. Now she wrote there, im wori when my time cum I want by the sea or lawn if she say need to charge how???AIyo...me so careless....wat u gals think huh?

Btw, for food tasting there should not be any charges below 30tables coz me only 25 tables & i have free food tasting leh...So u gals muz play smart...they cant like this one loh....

Anyway, thats all...Shern happy wedding & enjoy yr BIG DAY!!!

hallie

hi Shern,

Gong xi! Gong Xi!

Hey Metta,
If i didnt rem wrongly, ur turn is next week rite??? Must be pretty excited huh!
happy.gif

metta

Hi Hallie,
yes, it's next Friday! Elaine just faxed me a final confirmation on the tables,F&B requirements, special diet, menu etc. Also to block off the expected amt from the credit card. Getting hubby to request for increase in credit limit. Still can afford to 'shake leg' this weekend! haha..

sweatcorn

hi gals, mi back after MIA for very very long...

Shern, so fast its your wedding already?? gosh, time flies... i still can recall we were whinning abt the pavillion deco in aug leh... 'forest' theme... kekeke... so in the end how u decide to deco the pavillion??? any pics to share wif us??

bride, u r there?? your wedding is next mth right? so how's things??

mi has 'advanced' my wedding from next yr to 2 mths ago due to some 'accident'... hehehe... We had a very memorable wedding and hv to thank Elaine who rushed the wedding out for us within such a short... we had our dream wedding at the beach 'jade site'... kinda weird name... yes its at the beach area juz next to the seasports centre... heng that evening din rain... everything went on very well n our guests have commented that its very unique cos they are dinning under the stars with sand on their feet...
lol.gif

metta, congrats on your wedding... must be very exciting huh... relax n enjoy your big day...
happy.gif

tinting

Hi Sweatcorn,

I wanted to have an outdoor wedding. However, I just want to have a sit-down buffet... are yours similar to that??
How much do u spend? and how many ppl attend?

CAn share some of your experiences with me ?? :p

I'm getting married in 2006.. So, now doing some planning lor...

hallie

hey Metta,

wats the "special diet" u refering to??? Hmm..... now must stay cool n relax,rem to hv sufficient sleep leh... then be a v v pretty bride on friday....5 more days to go......
happy.gif

sweatcorn

hi cha bo,
yeah mine's like that... we have 20 round tables (10 pax per table)... we started at 7pm with our first march-in, solemnisation, guests started eating, 2nd march-in then the usual champagne n cake cutting wif table photo taking... its very free n easy loh... we have chance to mingle with our guests... overall the ambience was very nice n relaxing... the entire thing was over at abt 10pm+ so we got plenty of time to rest n count ang baos... kekekeke...

but must caution u not to choose a 'rainy' season (e.g end of the yr) to hv a outdoor buffet... or else u'll be praying very hard like us... but i thanked god for blessing us with good weather that night...
happy.gif

your emcees play a very important role as they are the ones who will be 'controlling' the entire flow e.g asking guests to be seated for march-ins since they are all over the place for food n etc...

metta

Hi ladies,

Thanks so much for your well-wishes! I'm not sleeping very well cos' quite nervous & stressed. And trying to keep cool amidst all these changes. Tell myself to keep calm and happy yah!

Sweatcorn,
Congrats to you!! Glad things went well for you! so yours was a beach wedding! so romantic!!

Hallie,
"special diet" meaning vegetarian meals (Chinese/Muslim/Indian). This is at extra $65 per head.

hallie

Metta,

oic....i was still thinking of "diet" meals...hahaha........stay calm stay calm....yao zuo mei mei de xin niang leh......

sweatcorn

thanks gals... hv really enjoyed my wedding... hope u gals hv similar experience too...
happy.gif

metta... u'll feel kan cheong now but on that day juz relax n be mei mei... that's the bride job after spending so much on the gowns n etc mah... kekeke...

i left everything to my hubby to do on that day... he was running here n there wif elaine n the operation manager n busy rehearsing wif his sword bearers... while i juz stay in the bridal suite wif my family n close frens who came earlier... time comes then go bathe, do makeup n change then go down... super relax job...
happy.gif

smilez_bride

Hi sweatcorn.. CONGRATS!!!
happy.gif
happy for you.. I want to have an enjoyable wedding like you too.. now very stressed up over wedding preparartion..
ya.. my wedding next year, 3 more weeks to go.. a lot of things still not prepared yet.. gotta rush.. Shern's wedding just over.. 17 Dec.. she also MIA for quite long.. busy with her wedding preparation
happy.gif

sweatcorn

hi bride... glad to hear from u... dun worry too much la, things will work out somehow... that's wat i learn from my 'rushed' wedding... kekeke... watever it is, u n hubby must take time out to enjoy the entire wedding, esp the AD cos it will be over even before u realised it...

good luck...
happy.gif

tinting

Hi Sweatcorn...

Thanks for replying... it's true that it's important to choose the right "date"...
happy.gif
Btw, can u you email some pics to me? I would like to take a look.... if you don't mind... hehehhe

my email is [email protected]

scrumpee01

Hi Sweatcorn

Can u share with me what is your package like for the beach Jade site?

I'm also into outdoor wedding. Hope to hear from u soon. Thanks

sweatcorn

hi bride, we hv chosen a 'whole new world' for our 2nd march in so they will play the song for the entire duration... got 1 wedding i went played 'for the first time'...

merchelle

Yo ladies,

me also MIA quite long. hehehe.. sorry ah.
Me finished mine on 18 dec. really enjoyed myself very very the much. everything was well planned by Rasa. nothing to complaint abt. THUMBS UP by Rasa!

racherlle

hi sweatcorn!

can email me ur pics too?
thanks! [email protected]

hi merchelle!
ohhh so on the 18th was ur wedding huh?
hehe my bf was there with his relatives and showed them ard and saw the beautiful setup
happy.gif

congrats!!
happy.gif

little_woman

Hi ladies,

Seems u r all very happy with Rasa. Din u all consider the accessibility of the venue when considering to have your banquet there? i m considering Rasa as one of my choices but worried abt my relatives esp those blurred ones who can't find the place for their pick-up points.

dazed

hello all, another 2 weeks and it'll be bride's and my turn! getting excited...

bride how's your prep? can i know which are your pick up locations? mine at jurong east, city hall and paya lebar.

sweatcorn / merchelle, congrats!

sweatcorn

hi charmaine, for us, we hv booked rasa primarily cos of the location, by the beach... something different from the usual hotels... that's is oso the reason y we din not bother too much with accessibility issue... one cannot hv the best of both worlds mah...
happy.gif

so basically it boils down to wat u r looking for as a wedding venue...

little_woman

Hi sweatcorn, thks for the advice. That's wat I have always been encouraged: If u like it, just go for it!
Any of you is having the dinner at Silso Ballroom? I saw it the other day. The room is some sort like a Fan shape. If come in from the front door, the walk-in would be a very short one.

metta

Hi!
Going for honeymoon now! At airport la. Rasa was great, everything went smoothly!! Thumbs up for Rasa. Tell you more when I am back! Bye bye!

racherlle

Hi Charmaine!

I've always wanted a beach wedding! tat's y i chose to have my banquet in Sentosa! coz that's the best we can get here
happy.gif

Hi Metta!
enjoy ur honeymoon and show us ur pics when u r back!!!
happy.gif
so happy for u!

little_woman

Hi Racherlle,

I always have the idea of having my wedding in a grand ballroom like a princess n I have never tot of having my wedding by the sea till i have been to Rasa. The tot of having my pre-dinner cocktail n chit-chat with my guests at the lawn seems great!Perhaps Rasa can be the place where i can achieve both worlds? haha... Just a pity that the aisle of the ballroom is a bit too short...
By the way, anyone know the exact date for Rasa bridal show next year? & how's their food?