Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa

shern

merchelle, signed up during the fair so extra 1 nite. wanted 20dec initially cos ROM date but it's on a monday...so blue leh heheheh...

it's nice to have a significant meaning for the date...
happy.gif
will go say hi if not too shy lah hehehe

smilez_bride

Shern, thanks for the pics...

Gals, I think the pavilion setup from the pics given by shern is not the default deco for rasa.. so far there is only one deco that rasa provide... think most probably could be either the couple got out-source florist to done up the ballroom or they discuss with the rasa florist for the change for foc or pay extra.. the flower arch, flower stands and even centrepieces are all different... and they are really nicer that the current default one... do you new rasa brides-to-be have the pics for the default rasa setup? Maybe you gals can call up rasa florist and check with her..

Sweatcorn, I have got a pic of a nice seashell centrepiece.. Have been searching for deco ideas and I have shortlisted it for my centrepiece deco
happy.gif
Can you give me your email address again? Will send it to you.. I have too many planning in mind that I also dun know what I really want it.. sigh.. have put it aside for the past 1 month.. too busy with work recently...

Actually I find those balloon stars are quite nice... like the stars in the sky.. should be nicer during night time...

Metta, balloon can make the ballroom looks nice too.. my FH and I saw the siloso balloon deco and we really find the deco very nice... though not sure if the deco will look nice at pavilion ballroom... but I'm considering using balloons... think it really depends on the type of balloon colour and shape you will be using.. and also how you going to deco it to give others a romantic feel instead of looking like kid party... Is yours at siloso? Office projector should be okay..

Mercelle, all guests have to park their cars at gateway carpark.. I only got to know it after I have signed up.. initially I was told that the guests can park near rasa but later they changed the parking location and never tell me.. until I double check with them... so angry... anyway, think as long as you let your guests know beforehand will be okay. At least they will be prepared to take shuttle bus from the carpark.. though it is really very inconvenience... best is to have your guests taking coaches.. more convenient.

smilez_bride

Mercelle, you can ask your coordinator for an additional hotel carpark lot for your dad... same carpark where you will be parking your bridal car... for relatives will be difficult bcoz the hotel carpark lots are very limited, esp if there is another wedding event going on, on the same day as yours.

merchelle

Hi Shern,
Oic.. yalor mon will be quite blue lah.. 17 dec also not a bad day mah.. so set for your day..when did u sign up with them? so gd, got 2 stay, mine signed up with them last yr nov/dec cant remember liao.. hehehe ;)

Yalor, i wasnt told by the co-ordinator at the first place. iyah, its my fault too, coz i didnt ask them in advance too..haizz... its only my wishful thinking that cars can park near the hotel.
sad.gif

Btw Shern, can i trouble u to send me the pics u had for the pavillion setup? my email add: [email protected]. million thanks! ;)

Hi Bride,
yalor.. will try to talk to the co-ordinator when we meet them up during the 2mths before AD.
Thanks for ur suggestion.

btb04

Hi Rasa brides,
Yes, normal projector used in the office are good enuv. For me, i used 2 projectors on 2 screens, they can run parallel using 1 laptop, as the ballroom is longuish.
Carparks, try to advise ur guests to take the coach, it's really more convenient then to drive in, unless they come in earlier, like 4 or earlier. I had relatives who came in earlier, got to park in the hotel car-park. If not, there will be lots of frustrations, driving into hotel then got to turn back to gateway which is not near, then again wait for pick up. Either way try to park at lots near chalet, but also limited and always full
sad.gif
Or advise ur friends to do car-pool.

shern

hi gals,

the flowers for the decor should be quite standard ie orchids or roses of the usual colours
but you can choose the different arrangements for it or bring any pics of decors you have in mind to show the florist....eg for yam colored roses, need to pay an extra dollar...

merchelle, i signed up during the march wedding fair....

merchelle

Hi Shern,

Thanks for your pics, i've received liao..

haizzz..not much difference from the one we saw when we went last yr for the wedding fair. they told us that they will be reno getting on.. but till this stage, honestly, i still don get/see wat reno they had actually did. hehehe.. the most cant ta han thing is the ceiling planks! tiannn ah...
hehehehe..

shern

wat to do.... pavilion was a chinese restaurant... layout different... i quite like the ceiling leh but find it too low...like gonna bump your head if you jump hehehe...

merchelle

Hi Shern,
Oh is it? hehehe.. mountain tortoise ah me.. i didnt know that was a chinese restaurant. ;p
hahaha.. i dont think anyone will jump there lah..

shern

the coordinator told me, the chinese restaurant relocated to orchard's shangri la...can't recall the name...shang i think...

metta

hi bride,
can I have the picture of the centrepiece as well? [email protected] Thanks!

Do you know if balloons will be expensive? & I don't have a creative streak, so most prob cannot DIY.
sad.gif

I am arranging with Elaine to have food tasting in early Oct. Should start working on my guest list so that I can gauge my invitations & carpasses.

A bit worried that my guests will complain abt parking. Last year, at my friend's wedding at Pavilon, we were allowed to park on the beach area. Seems like not this year?

shern

metta, they changed the parking lot...think the previous one wasn't sufficient. balloons are quite ex esp those nice shiny ones...concourse should be cheaper but the helium also cost quite a bit....hmmmm wonder if 1 tank of helium can share
wink.gif
recall it's less than 100 bucks...going holland v later. so i can check it out...

i'm planning to have food tasting in oct too, too bad can't do on weekends unless no wedding....weekday so troublesome...

metta

shern,
I'll be doing my food tasting 1st week of Oct. Elaine said they have a big guest group on 2nd week, so cannot do food tasting. I didn't know we can't do it on weekends! yep, troublesome cos' must gather family members to go sentosa on weekday!

I got this from another thread, not sure if prices are still valid. but it's DIY prices.
------------
Prices quoted are inflated with helium with matching ribbon
Small helium tank caters approx. 50, medium approx. 100, large approx. 300 depending on wastage.

1. Grefio Balloons (Greg - 9688 4724)
http://www.grefio.com.sg
a. coloured latex - $1.20 each
b. pearl/metallic (silver & gold for wedding is nice) - $1.40 each
c. Ribbons at $7 per 500 yards

DIY
Helium Tank (additional $200 as deposit refundable)
S-$80, M-$120, L-$170
Balloons - 10pcs @ $1.50

2. THE PARTY PEOPLE (Irene 62604567)
2 Tampines Central 5, #03-17, Century Square Shopping Center, S(529509)

a. pearl/metallic - $1.50 each
b. Delivery $20
c. Ribbons at 12.90 for 500 yards

DIY
Helium Tank (additional $150 as deposit refundable)
S-$60, M-$130
Balloons - $0.50 each

3. Creative Balloon (Serene 63627332)
http://www.creativeballoons.com.sg
367 Woodlands Ave 5 #08-456 S(730367) (Residential)
(opp. woodlands mrt cross the bridge)

a. pearl/metallic - $1.00 each
b. Delivery free

DIY
Helium Tank (?)
S-$85, M-$130
Balloons - 100pcs @ $15.00

Other sites:
http://www.balloon.com.sg
http://www.periwinkle.com
--------------------------

shern

metta, did your homework yah
happy.gif
i like the balloons at the ceiling effect....very festive (like new year!) wanna share helium hehehehe...maybe can sing chipmunks style as well...hehehehe

shern

Job:
1) To provide 1 unit 6ft Balloon trees
2) To provide 1 unit Ceiling Décor (Balloon Topiary)
3) To provide 1 unit Garden Blossoms
4) To provide 1 unit Hanging Stars
5) To provide 1 unit Balloon Banner
6) To provide 100 units of Helium-filled Balloons

Price:
1) $45.00/ unit (min. 10 units)
2) $35.00/ unit (min. 10 units)
3) $95.00/unit
4) $2.50/unit (min. 100units)
5) $480.00/unit
6) $150.00 @ $1.50/unit (min. 100units)

metta

bride,
thanks for your pic! It's nice! Are u considering tat?

shern,
you are good as well! Where did you get the prices & any pics of the topiary & balloon trees? Will they help us do the arrangement or it's DIY?

&, the balloons look like New Year celebrations? hee, then it's the wrong mood leh. But since mine is on Xmas Eve, it's ok to have a party-feel. I intend to give party-packs and let the guests blow bubbles when I come in!

audreyyip

hi metta,

i tot of blow bubbles too....but hoh i tot of the bubbles will made the drinks & glasses dirty leh....heehee will see how lah...

metta

audrey,
hmm... true huh.. how about only giving it to pp who's standing along the red-carpet? But then, will it burst on our face and spoil the makeup? hee... my friend had the party poppers popping in her ears and the streamers all over her head. Not very glam.. hahah..

audreyyip

hmmhmm ya loh mayb the first few people near the carpet loh... Hmmhmm ya loh the poppers very danger leh... mayb u can ask them to cover w a costers loh

shern

metta, got it from the site i posted, the company will do it, that's why the prices are higher than DIY.

bubbles are nice, maybe the emcee can tell the guests not to blow it directly to your faces...have it blown downwards so at least not so bad...most will pop by the time it reaches your face...usually only the people along the aisle will be doing it...

bebee

hi gals,
just fyi, my FH n I bought a couple of bubble blowers like mini water 'guns'?? hehe we thot it will be easy for our helpers or ushers to just press n go... a lot of bubbles come out..

now that u gals mention dirtying the glasses n our faces... hmmm must check it out...

hehe since my AD is earlier then u gals, I can let u know how it goes hahaha... tester...
happy.gif

whitediamond

Hi all....
me so long no log in liao....

Thanks Shern for the pics....

Well for all those tt receive Shern's pics, I had went down on tt day n had happened to meet Elaine.....she told me tt the deco is a temporary one....she is now still negotiating n choosing a NEW deco....think all Oct brides will be getting a new deco.......

i m sorry tt i haf yet to DL all those pics tt i took from my hp... will try to DL ASAP n show u all........

hehehe....my n FH thinking of using bubbles too...think it will create a fantasy feeling.....

ballons are nice n cheerful...... think the kids will be excited to see them.......

smilez_bride

bebe.. if you using bubble blowers, make sure your helpers aim it at the ceiling... coz normally bubble blowers will generate a lot of bubbles at one shot... so if they will aim at your eye level will be a disaster to your makeup... gotta take note... and got to be careful not to let the bubbles settled on the glasses and plates, as some guests might find not like it...

whitediamond.. I really hope rasa will change the florist and provide a better deco than the current one... and hope the coordinators are not giving us false information as it seem that they keeping changing their lines... gotta pray for one news though...
happy.gif

metta

Hi Shern,

went to the link u gave but couldn't find the price quotations. I like the balloon topiary in the wedding decor section. Do u know if they have delivery charges etc?

shern

hi gals...

the new decor is suppose to be in use by end of this month so jus gotta wait and see i guess....

bride, the bubble blower sounds fun....only if there's no need to worry about makeup and hair...

metta, the price quotation is not in the site, i emailed them for it....doubt they have delivery charges....since it adds up to over a hundred...

shern

Job:
1) To provide 1 unit 6ft Balloon trees
2) To provide 1 unit Ceiling Décor (Balloon Topiary)
3) To provide 1 unit Garden Blossoms
4) To provide 1 unit Hanging Stars
5) To provide 1 unit Balloon Banner
6) To provide 100 units of Helium-filled Balloons

Price:
1) $45.00/ unit (min. 10 units)
2) $35.00/ unit (min. 10 units)
3) $95.00/unit
4) $2.50/unit (min. 100units)
5) $480.00/unit
6) $150.00 @ $1.50/unit (min. 100units)

http://www.balloon.com.sg/singapore/decor/decor.htm

metta

Hi Shern,

noticed that helium-filled balloons are $1.50 each. So everytime you hear a 'POP' sound, that $1.50 gone! whew....

shern

metta...hahahaha that's a cute way to put it....but even if it's flowers it's also just for that nite....dun tell me you want to bring home the balloons...popping balloons can be quite fun too...
happy.gif

shern

metta...hahahaha that's a cute way to put it....but even if it's flowers it's also just for that nite....dun tell me you want to bring home the balloons...popping balloons can be quite fun too...
happy.gif

metta

shern,
true, flowers also only for the night. we did bring home some roses from a friend's banquet decor. they were so beautiful & fresh, many ladies couldn't resist. but 100 balloons are definitely not enough.

busybee

hi! my fiance and i are looking to hold our wedding banquet at rasa sentosa. was wondering if anyone has got package details or pictures of the ballroom to share. we'd drop by eventually in a couple of week's time but i'm just gan-cheong for a sneak peek.
biggrin.gif

many thanks!

elinwokk

My best friend is considering Rasa Sentosa but I have personally been down to the place once for a wedding last year and food was not v good. Is it better this year or has it improved? Food is very important bec she has a lot of older folks comin along lor ... I refer to old thread and many comments of bad food and mosquitoes? Any brides out there with any comments? Just concern abt such issues and if there is enough parking space (when I went, I was made to drive to park at the NTUC chalet parking lots instd, god forbid, and then walk over!)

bebee

hi everyone!

hi gals... checked out the balloons etc etc.. looks very nice.. but wil have to give it a miss - cost cutting measures
happy.gif

since i have to deco my church too... so may try to incorporate some of the flower stands to add on to the Pavillion..
happy.gif
wat do u think?

busybee.. my package would be different cuz booked last year, n I am having a lunch... depends on when you having your banquet and on which day of the week too
happy.gif

hi elin, i hope it has improved..
happy.gif
no mosquitoes that i know of.. cant comment much cuz my banquet is yet to come
happy.gif
but overall, i have heard that they have made improvements n r continuing to do so ...
yup if its a hot nite/date, n on the weekend, most times not enough carpark... but they have encouraged to park at certain car parks where they have shuttle bus service every 10mins... just fyi

shern

metta, 100 ballons not enough? is yours in the ballroom?

busybee, shangri-la's website has the menu and pricing.

elin, parking is now at gateway, shuttle service provided, still kinda inconvenient. reviews from my friend about the food was quite ok...(wedding 3 weeks ago)

mosquitoes indoor? or do you mean at the lawn area?

bebe, was planning to re-use my church decor too...

racherlle

hi gals..
juz to check..
are u gals getting ur red wine from Rasa or from outside??

are the corkage charges for the red wine waived??
if not, wat are the charges???