Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa

shan

Hey Krex,

I dont think you need to have one at Habourfront, cos they already have shuttle buses there to RASA. CIty Hall is one common location. You can think and pla about it...but RASA will only finalise with you abt a mth or so b4...maybe right b4 you print your invites if you intend to have it one there.

We enclosed the carpasses with the invites for those confirm coming one...then those not sure one we passed to them when they RSVP.

I didnt include the coaches in my invite as most of our guests drive...the coaches we only took 3...2 for relatives who gathered at one relative place..so thats ez and the other one at CIty Hall for limited guests who dont drive...so we just inform via SMS..

Hope this help

avisrani

Hi Krex78,

1. I decided mine about 1 week before the actual weeding. What I did for my guest list was I had a column on where they are staying plus whether they are likely to drive or not. Most of guests who needed transport stayed in the north & east, so I stationed the buses at Eunos & Ang Mo Kio. I don't feel its worth it to put at habourfront since they already have the 20 minutes shuttle thing from there.
2. Yeap I sent the passes together with the invites to save time & effort. Its best to give that you know will definitely come like your relatives & close friends.
3. You can have a seperate piece of paper as an insert if you are concerned to clutter the wedding card itself. You can ask your coordinator for some sample cards. They can provide you with some sample cards.

Hope that helps. Fell free to ask, will help if we can.
happy.gif

preci0usm0ments

hiya ex rasa couples...
i'm shortlisting rasa as my venue.. but my friends always scares me saying alot of ppl won't turn up.. anyone of you have that experience? i dun wish to be disappointed on that day if i see my invited guests not turning up
kao_scared.gif

krex78

Hi gals,

Tks for the advice. Met up with Cathy last weekend and she gave us some samples of what to write in invites. Some of them DO look very cluttered!!! We'll see how we can work ard it, coz' there are already 2 inserts given - one for discounted accommodation and the other for map of SPI building. Having another pc of info on shuttle svc will make that 3 inserts, sigh!

btw, for food tasting, has anyone asked for a more expensive fish like garoupa instead of sea bass? we're not having shark's fin, so thought it shldn't be a prob.

avisrani

HI,

U can combine the map for SPI building & your other transport options into one insert. Should have sufficient space. I still have a soft copy of the insert so let me know if u interested to take a look at it. Can email u.

joy_cie

hi avis & rani,

can i have a soft copy too. my email is [email protected]

hi summerala,

apologies for the late reply. there is no bridal show at suntec. their was held on good friday if i am not wrong. but you can try to give cathy wong a call. she is my wedding coordinator.

pink_lady

my wedding is on 18 mar 2006!!!
i can tell u cathy is really very nice and friendly! depite of the location, we signed up rasa because of her attitude and service provided!!! i really hope my wedding will come soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skyz

Hi Ling and rasa brides-to-be,

I am new here! Actually very much wanted to hold my wedding at rasa and had even booked a Dec 2006 package with them at the bridal show via $200 deposit to secure their attractive package/perks. However, now I got to give up the package and look for alternative venue as I need to change my AD date and Rasa has already been booked for that date
sad.gif
Sigh! It was really a disappointment as I love Rasa's ambience and service. As such, we are now looking for someone who is interested in Rasa's package for a transfer. Anyone keen? It's really a good deal with a discount of $30 per table for weekday 06 and $20 per table for weekend 06 [ie. $698 net per table for weekday (Sun-Fri)/$738 net per table for weekend (Sat, eve of PH & PH)], plus other perks like wine, additional beer etc, almost the same as what Summerala had.

Oh ya, the package can be used for any date from 2005 to 2006, subject to availability. Awaiting for interested taker =) thanks! - Skyz

lux

Hi skyz,

Do you have a email I can get back to you on?

FH is checking out the place today actually... We will know if we are taking it later on..

Coincidentally.. today is the last day of the DBS offer... if we take a few days to decide.. we can most likely take up yours if we choose Rasa...

Do you have any wine corkage neg?

bennysmurf

Hi Avis & Rani (avisrani),
can you please email me the soft copy to [email protected]?
(please remove the N.O.S.P.A.M.)
I am in the midst of printing my wedding cards for my AD on 26th June 2005.

Hi pink_lady,
welcome to this forum! You will find many helpful people here including past brides who have had their wedding there.

Hi krex78,
I have upgraded my fish dish from sea bass to cod fish. Have to add $30 extra per table. But I can tell the fish is FANTASTIC! All the people who tasted it during our food tasting praised the dish. Only hope that the fish will taste as good as the actual day
wink.gif
. Anyway you are one brave lady to remove the sharks fin from the menu cos my relatives opposed its removal from my wedding menu.
You also mentioned you got an insert for discounted accomodation from Cathy. Strange that I did not get it from her...

lux

Hi people..

My FH just told me that Rasa dont have projector!! Duh....

I want to know what ex RASA brides did with their montages since there is no projector.. I can loan it from my office I assume but is there a proper screen to let us do the proper screening?

chobits_lek

hi,

I am interested in having my AD next year in rasa. However, I have read that there are pillars in the ballroom. Is this true??? I am going to have 25 tables.

bennysmurf

hi Chobits,
yes it is true there are pillars in the Pavilion ballroom. Think there are 2 pillars if i am not mistaken.
however there are no pillars for the Siloso ballroom which can hold up to 55 tables.

skyz

Hi Ling,

Thanks for replying, u can email me at [email protected] =) I have complimentary 16 bottles of house wine, no corkage charge waiver for subsequent bottles but rasa do offer a discount price on their house wine, think it's $20net per bottle(hence no corkage fee charge) However, guess you can negotiate for corkage waiver if your date is not those "hot" type or u can exchange one of the perks for corkage waiver. So you are going to rasa today... Who's your coordinator? have a nice evening there! =D Maybe you can email me and we can chat more?

skyz

Hi Pchosg!

My package is for a minimum of 25 tables only, can be used on weekday or weekend. Quite a good bargain right? Realise most hotels need a minimum of 30 tables for weekends.

Hi Chobits,

The Pavillion room does have pillars as what Smurf had mentioned. However, the coordinator re-assured me that there will not be any blockage if you only have 25 tables, so guess it shouldn't be a problem. I prefer the Pavillion to Siloso coz Pavillion has the sea-view, unlike Siloso, which is the usual city hotel type. Guess it's individual preference =) It's better that you go down to have a look and see if you like it.

joy_cie

hi,

The pavilion has 2 pillars but as compared to the pillars that i had seen in other hotels, think that the pillar is still manageable. Because the pillars are rather "slim", not those fat chunky ones. Also you can position the tables in such that they are not blocked by the pillars.

chobits_lek

hi,

Thank you very much for the replies. more relieve in haring that the tables will not be blocked by the pillars. My FH very particular about these.

Hi skyz,
Just read that you have a pkg to transfer. Can I noe the details. you can drop me a mail at [email protected].
Thanks.

summerala

Hi siao cha boh .. long time nv hear from u... muz be happily enjoyin ur married life now...

does RAsa has a projector.. becoz last time my coordinator mention that we gotta pay for it and they dun have their own...

skyz

Hi Chobits!

U have got mail =)Pls check.

Hi Summerala,

My coordinator also said the same thing, need to rent the projector as they dun have their own. The charges is not that cheap too. Best is to borrow from fren or office.

summerala

ya skyz..

r u getting any videographer for ur AD... heard that some of them do offer to rent their projector for free if you sign up with their package.... or u can try to bargain with them

lux

Hi Girls,

I went to the wedding set up of RASA and I like what they done to the Pavilion! However too many tables lah.. cannot hold at Pavilion! *sigh*

Merchelle... they no projector leh... got to rent from a 3rd part thing. i reckon i use my office unit for personal gratification! =P

The thing about RASA is that the REALLY KILLER which deters me aside from the logistic nightmare is on the wine thing! However we can afford to do this on a sunday which I personally think is good! I was actually a little swayed when I saw RASA on Sunday.. because the crowd outside siloso beach simply scares me!!!

summerala.. wanna check with you on the $100 F and B voucher.. how did you manage to convince your co-ordinater to change that to 8 bottles of wine?

krex78

hi benny,

sad...was told i had to top up $30 too, even tho i had no shark's fin. hey, your AD is on the same day as mine! suppose u're in siloso ballroom? where's your cocktail recep?

summerala

Ling

Initially i said I dun need the F&B voucher and tot can used for room... then my coordinator suggested that it can oni be changed with F&B.... so in the end she offered me 8 bottles of hse wine in exchange

lux

thanks summerala..

Anyway just realized the dates I want not available at RASA.. sigh... after trying to convince myself to hold it there... Now got to source for another place...

tingz

Hi all RASA btb, I jus book my dinner with rasa too. Always like the resort feel there, so we decide to have our dinner there although our parents are not too keen. hehehe we bad ah.

so after signing up with them hor, wat is the next step? Do we need to call them or will they call us once the date is nearer? My cordinator didn't say anything.

summerala

Hi Ling...
so where do u intend to have ur banquet.... do u intend to book the siloso or pavilion initially? both places are booked?

Hi Tingz.. so when is ur AD.. I assume it muz be muz earlier than me... mine is dec next yr.. still got long long way to go

lux

summerala..

maybe got hope now.. not sure also. Best part is FH finishing his home leave liao.. going back to China. Now also dont know how to start looking at other places~

Or maybe wait till later to look for a venue..

I can't take pavilion because too many tables ald *sigh*

tingz, what I realized is that parents and older folks dont like that.. too far I reckon...

tingz

Hi summerala, my AD is on 8 oct 06, still very far away too. Other than the dinner wat other preparation have you done? u book bridal package liow?

Hi Ling, ya lor their first reaction is "huh! so far?!! Very troublesome leh!" But we realise its very difficult to please all parties, so in the end decided to be selfish a bit lor. Now they going to build the integrated resort there dunno will affect our dinner or not hor?

summerala

Ling..
u should really reconsider it f u really like RASA... my parents and FH 's parents also complained that it's bit far... but I dun care.. i really like the ambience there. Most impt is the wed couples are happy mah...

Tingz..
Glad to hear dat ur wedding date is almost as far as me.. haahaa sorry bit bad.. Until now I have not done anything.. i book my Bridal package a yr ago.. haha was sort of sweettalked and conned by the BS salesperson... it's open date.. it's named Everbliss... heard they got a bad reputation... but wat to do.. alreadi pay 300++ so muz stick with it lor... hope everything will go smooth...

So have both of u book ur Bridal package too? settle ur hse??

lux

Hey girls..

Somehow managed to book the venue.. 7th May 2006! I reckon it is rather soon.. *hmmmm* anyhow..that's a load of FH mind as well because he is fretting about to host where and he badly want a weekend!

summerala.. booked the bridal ald.. last year need a receipt for HDB and somehow booked with the bridal downstairs my house. Our new place renovation not done yet.. going to do it next year after CNY.. busy with assignments this year.

Wanna check with you girls.. anyone thought the march in for the Siloso ballroom too short?

bennysmurf

Hi krex78,
paiseh, not been to this forum for some time.
so you are the couple who is taking the Pavillion Ballroom
smile.gif

And yes, we will be holding our banquet in Siloso ballroom.
It also seems that both of us have Cathy as the coordinator as well. Been very busy the last few days, contacting with our printer. Just finalised the text for the ivory card yesterday. Printing for red card is underway, expect to collect it next week.
So have you decided where to place your buses?

Hi all,
I totally agree with summerla. Initially I though my parents were okay with Rasa. Turned out that they didn't and they showed their true colours a few weeks back. But hey! This is OUR wedding and I dun really care what they think.

merchelle

Hi summerala,

Ermmm.. maybe u try negoitate with ur co-ordinator, see if he/she can help u with the arrangement of the projector. Tat's wat i did lah..hehehe...initally i was told that we have to bring our own laptop inorder to have the cd-photo montage. we brought along lor. who knows, our laptop wasnt being used at all. coz last min, they had assisted us in some ways.

tingz

Hi summerala, hehe ya lor my AD also very far away. Haven't book bridal yet, maybe will start sourcing at the end of the yr. Everbliss, heard of it before, dunno bout the comment though. Since book le then hop for the best
happy.gif

I got a unit at Aspella le, but guess will have to rent a place after AD. Wat bout u?

summerala

Hi

Ling
me using the pavilion room.. so dunno abt the siloso.. but tot it looks really big.. and there's many doors along the stretch.. cant u walk in from the door at another far end??? dunno what i say make sense or not... heehee i oso find the pavilion march in bit short leh...

Thanks merchelle for ur suggestion... ok i muz try to pester cathy a bit more next yr for the projector thing...heehee

so smurf.. did u eventually have a great time? ur turn up rate was??

Hi tingz.. whichever BS u book, try avoid EB lor.. however there a couples who say they r not bad... and they r quite cheap..

so envious of u ppl, mostly alreadi have hse.. plannin for ur reno.. i suppose most of u r ROMed..
me haben start huntin for flat.. dunno when register, only got a pair of weddin bands.. so weird..

joy_cie

hi summerala,

there is nothing weird about not having a house or whatever. take things and plan as they come. for instance, i am not have a house, but we intend to stay with fiance's parents.

i will also be having my wedding in the pavilion...on the 10 Mar 2006. Already some friends are expressing my choice of venue and day. feels a bit sad when pple around you do not seem to be receptive of my wedding venue. haiz...

tingz

Hi Summerala, me dun intend to book BS so early, scare regret later, hehe i very ficker minded one. i eyeing silverlining but heard they quite ex. I agree wif joycec that there is nothing weird about no flat, take ur time and choose one u like
happy.gif

bennysmurf

Hi summerala,
turn up rate slightly over 60% of the people i invited. Many of my colleagues have not replied if they are going or not. And some of them found it very far..even with the transport provided.
On top of that, me and krex78's AD is the last day of the school holidays. So some of the parents might not b going as they got school-going children. Haiz....
sad.gif

Still I will be having at least 40 tables now. May even hit 45 tables. This will mean a very short entrance in Siloso.

shern

hi all, great to see the thread active again, i'm one of the ex-rasa bride, glad to see so many positive feedback bout rasa
kao_clap.gif

shern

oh yah, think rasa charges bout 300 for projector, cant' recall exact. we borrowed a projector from hb's company instead and rasa helped to set it up and coordinated the montage as well....

lux

smurf.. wah your Statistics is worrying man!!! Mine better yet.. in the smack middle of exams period next year!!!

Summerala, if you thought the pavilion march in is too short.... wait till you see the one at Siloso!! Anyway the march in is really too short! I think wanna try and work out something... Need Cathy's help on that!

krex78

hi smurf, it's a small world indeed. u having 2 cards? we're just sticking with the ivory ones. and we DIY the inserts also
happy.gif

placing the shuttles at city hall and outram. u?
hey, shall we liaise via email? maybe can exchange some tips. email me at [email protected]. tks!

summerala

Paiseh smurf tot ur weddin over... haha.. im sure turn over rate will be slightly better on the day itself...

ling
im sure cathy will be able to give u some good suggestion...