Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa

merchelle

Hi Ram,

Sorry ah.. i don have the chance in peeping the sunset too bad. coz was bz doing the trial run and make up during that time. But i heard from my ah yees and buddies that, it was pretty hot and cooling. The view was great. hehehe...

suayliap

summerala, oops! i've typed wrongly in my last thread. shd b '06 not this yr lah. sorry... ...

huibing, r u the same "huibing" i read abt in her world brides mag regards an event by the sea? you look really sweet in the picture and also the sea setting was very romantic too
happy.gif
And oh my, the cleaning lady to your room was really honest; esp. you're talking abt engagement & wedding rings !!! Really lucky for you & your hb.

ram, i heard from my coord. only 3 of them in their team and also they've a coord. to help in their admin work & general inquiries. dun think they've new collegues in their team... ...

Dear ladies, btw my fren just had her wedding in rasa as well; on the beach initially & move to pavilion thereafter due to bad weather. The photos are well taken and thought of sharing with all of u. do log onto www.photographybyeulee.com (under edwin & carol) Enjoy... ...
happy.gif

merchelle

Wow Liping!! i really like the pics of ur friends. very very nice sia the pics being taken. hehehe.. anyway, thanks for sharing.
happy.gif

ram0111

oic liping..coz tat day at the weddin show, their GM intro quite a no. of coordinators, so was wonderin lor...

tks for sharin ur frend's pics, vv well takem...

bing77

Hi merchelle, my package din have an anniversay stay leh. But I will be emailing my coordinator to ask if we can get special rates if we book a room. If not, it's ok. I think one good thing abt Sentosa is, although it's far away, we will always feel like we are on vacation when we are there. Agree?

Liping, yeah the cleaning lady was really honest. When we rushed back to the room, the room was open and already made up. We ran along the corridor and we found the cleaning lady. When she saw my anxious face, she just handed me my rings with a smile. Really very grateful to her and the people at Rasa.

Yeah our wedding was featured in the mag. Surprised that you remembered my name from the article.
happy.gif
Thanks for the compliment and I am sure that your wedding will be as memorable as the rest of the ex Rasa brides.

stacy2006

Thanks Liping. I managed to speak to the Manager and got Siloso ballroom with 30 tables instead of min 35. Hurray!

Merchelle, can i view your pics too. Please kindly send to [email protected]. Thanks.

I need the coach to pick up from Jurong East and Jurong West. Did anyone try to arrange for a coach to pick up from 2 locations? Esp since Jurong East and Jurong West are nearby and will be on the way. I cannot arrange for a common pick up point bcos of 'demanding' ppl... Hee. Relatives will nag if the coach doesn't pick them up from their doorstep.

merchelle

Hi Stacy,

For some reasons, i have removed my photos from the link already. I'm really so so sorry abt that. But i can still email u the photos of the sset up if u want. But i must reload and will take some time can? sorry sorry..

suayliap

huibing, so I guessed it correctly!!!
happy.gif
Thought i saw your name kinda familiar somewhere. Yep, really can't wait for my big day to arrive... ...

stacy, glad u managed to bring down to 30 tables.

btw, my coord. did advise me that try not to set more than 1 pick-up location per coach cos it defeats the purpose of bringing our guests on time; esp. those who're oredi on board at the 1st pick-up location. But, if it's on the way, and just for 1 more pick-up point, i think it should be fine.
Mayb you can reconfirm with your rasa coord. again... ...

summerala

Hi merchelle.. thank you for your photos... really nice. why do you call yourself siao cha boh when you look so pretty.. is your gown mtm??

merchelle

Hi Summerala,
Hehehe.. thanks to the photographer whom had taken it so nicely lah. hehehe... me no pretty, its the makeup and gown lah. Hahaha... Yup, my WG was MTM, but not the EG.
happy.gif

shern

hi everyone, not been in here for a long time...busy at work...glad to know that this thread is still so active
happy.gif

hi hi merchelle *waves*
happy.gif

phine

wow....
so many new "faces"...looks like i haf missed out a lot...

anyway, i am still working on the wdg date compilation....how was the bridal fair?

summerala

hi phine... Im a newcomer here.. sign up with rasa during the bridal fair...but my AD is still faraway..end of next yr

So when is ur wedding?

phine

Hi summerala,

my AD on nov 6 this yr...but haf not confirm a lot of stuffs yet...so who is ur cooridinator?
possible to ask what is included in ur package?

dun say ur big day still faraway...it's always better to plan early..dun like me, everything last min.... :p

summerala

Hi phine.
My coordinator is cathy.. so far she has provided excellent services.

My package: $698 per table on sun(consider wkday).. 24tables.
2 night stay in bridal suite (Change with Foodtasting)
1 night stay in deluxe rm for family members ( exchange with anniversary deluxe rm )

24 bottles of hse wine in total. (8 bttle exchange with F & B voucher)

50 litres beer

120 car passes

3 coaches

allow to bring in oni 1 carton of stouts. No carkage charge for this. no corkage charge for liquor..

Think that's all.. my one quite standard .. din really bargain much.not good in negotiating lah.. just request to have a room for my helpers on that day.. but seems like my friends are booking a rm to stay there so dun really need the helper's room

tweet

Hi Ladies,

I would like to check if anyone of u have tasted the dish "Golden Roast China Town Duck with Vegetable Crackers" from Rasa's Passion Menu for weekends ? I'm thinking if we should take this disk or swop it with the "Steamed Chicken with Chinese Herbs in Lotus Leaf" in the alternative menu. Any comments ?

shern

hi tweet, i swop for the "Steamed Chicken with Chinese Herbs in Lotus Leaf" and it was fantastic, was worried that some guests may not like herbal stuff so you may wan to consider...but feedback was good for the dish...

storm8345

Hi I'm new here. Signed with Rasa and X-zen during the bridal show. Will be having my wedding solemnisation as well as dinner on 25/11/06. ^_^" My friends all say that I'm so kiasu... Haahaa... Really hope to get to know you all... ^_^

summerala

HiHi Julie...

You are not the only one... haha I sign up dec 10 06.. so im even more kiasu than you..heheheee

At least found someone who is gettin married ard the same time as me... heee

storm8345

yeah... haahaa... then we can help each other... i think there are so many things to prepare. luckily got off two major items off the list. did you sign up with x-zen too?? i really like their wedding gowns. hopefully kim can make nice ones for me.. ^_^

storm8345

since you were at the bridal show. do you remember the songs that the DJ played during the bridal fair?? I only know A whole New World. the song that i want to know starts like this --> "if i never knew you, if i..." not sure liaoz... ^_^

ram0111

hi summerala

me oso rasa BTB, but no dates yet...juz wanna chk, cathy included 24 btls of hse wine 4 u? or u requested 4 them?

lux

Hi summerala,

Is the promotion till the end of April? or is it over?

We just caught sight of the RASA package and rather interested with it..

Girls,
any comments on the decoration of the place? Do they have enough flowers to make the place looks lush?

ram0111

ling

ya, the rasa package really attractive, no harm takin...

well tat place, i like it bcoz its full glass surroundings & nt coz of the flowers lor..but the flowers, i feel nt tat much 2 make it really lush...
happy.gif

lux

Hi ram,

I thought it was really attractive but not so sure if they still have the promotion. I like it for the fact that Sunday ans Friday is assumed as a weekday still!

any advice if the co-ordinaters are easy? I send an enquiry a couple of days ago and till today I have no reply yet.

ram0111

hi ling

ya, i took it partly bcoz fri is considered wkday 4 them...
happy.gif

well, i tink they cld be busy lately, but my coordinator's response is rather prompt, less than 3 days, they will reply..i tink as ur tables increase, u will hv a better chance 4 'fighting' 4 more perks..:D

summerala

HI ling
dunno if the package still on or not... but u can always bargain from them....

think so far are very good comments abt the coordinators there... saw in this thread that perry is the newest among them.. so might be easier to bargain with

avisrani

HI folks,

For those of you still considering whether to have your wedding at Sentosa and in particular Rasa, GO FOR IT!!!. We had ours last year 9 Aug. Its a very beautiful event for us & our guests. Most of our guests went away very happy to have attented a wedding at such a beautiful place.

We had our solemnisation at White Fence & dinner at Pavillion. Simply unforgettable. Sad to hear White Fence will be gone soon.

its always a perception that its difficult to get there. Actually its not that big a deal as they provide coaches & car passes.

shan

Hi hi,

Just wanna share my piece of happiness and satisfaction of RASA with you brides to be.
We just held our wedding at RASA last Friday...and till today, its still so memorable.
We had a wonderful time with the team there and very happy with their level of service...even some of my guests complimented that they are very service oriented, always smiling and greet with courtesy.
We had our solemnization by the Waterfront Lawn aka white fence and dinner in the Siloso ballroom...everything went well and am especially grateful for Thomas and his team for making my solemnization at the white fence come through smoothly as it was going to rain...really challenging for them. He kept assuring me that he will make it for me despite my black face and the dark sky and oncoming rain droplets...for the dinner, he ensured that we are always well-informed of the turnout, how many seats still empty, no need to open another table and my guests oso complimented that the whole dinner event was very well organised.
Food was ok, no serious complaints nor compliments, but i guess food is very subjective, i have guests who like and guests who dont, most imptly most of the dishes all came warm.

Even from day 1 of booking till the wedding day itself, my co-ordinator Cathy had always been very prompt in replies and always try her very best to accede to my requests as long as its within her ability...even if not, she will nvr tell me a NO, she will still try to speak to her superior or so to see if it can be done, thats what i really appreciate.

So for those who are considering, if the ambience is what you like, dont hesitate, i really think that their level of service deserves to be commended...you will be in good hands. ;p

shan

Hey avisrani,

nope, am back at work...but its by choice.
happy.gif

Happy to be back at work...but miss my wedding alot too.
sad.gif

Honeymoon should be early Jan or so...thinking of going together with another couple who's pretty close to us as their wedding is 31st Dec this yr.

;p

joy_cie

hi gals!

I am a rasa bride too! my wedding day would be 10 mar 2006, i had signed up during their bridal show.

Great to know that there is a group who are supporters of the resort!

krex78

Need some advice from experienced RASA brides:
1) When do we need to decide where to plong the free shuttle buses? Where is a common location? Tot of putting one at Harbour Front and one at City Hall.
2) Do u ppl send out car passes with wedding invites or wait till they ask? Cos I'm afraid that some ppl may not show up and they get to keep the car pass (very wasted leh).
3) Do u ppl include all these details in your wedding invite? e.g. where the pick-up point is, etc.? Doesn't it make the invite card very lengthy?