Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa

ellie

hey merchelle!! can u give me some advice on where u had your coaches wait during your wedding? thanks!
happy.gif

veronliu

hi gals.. i'm also considering rasa sentosa.
but quite worried abt the transport wise and pple who will be driving. personally i feel it's kinda speical to have the banquet in sentosa but i dunno if pple will feel the same or feel very 'ma fan' to go to sentosa.
any comments??

merchelle

Hi Ellie,

I had mine 3 coaches @ the following respective locations:

1) Jalan Bukit Ho Swee Link (near Tiong Bahru Plaza)
2) City Hall (@ old capitol cinema)
3) Jurong MRT (behind the Pouplar Bookshop).

FYI. each coaches will wait for at least 15mins before set off.
happy.gif

merchelle

Hi Veron,

I understand how u felt. Previously i was having the same thought like u. No doubt, ple will feel ma fan. But if u think in this way, its a plus point too. coz of its location. Ple will tend to be there early, one reason also bcoz to catch the coach at the respective time & parking near the hotel is a first come first serve, and if there's no space, they will have to park at the Gateway Carpark (and in this way, ple will be there early, u know lah. we are KS ple mah. hehehe, u will be able to target ur time in starting the dinner on time lor). If they missed the coach or parking lots, they have to find their own way in.

Or u can check with ur co-ordinator. They are bery helpful also..to clear ur doubts.
happy.gif

cute_miffy

Hi all, wow, seems like all of us have the same "worries" - our guests will feel ma fan about going sentosa.
I attended the wedding show, it was very good! I was on the verge of signing up, but my bf and i tot that we should consider it first.....
My main concern now is the number of tables, heard it's min 25 tables, solemnization also need min 70...... but the place is really like a paradise after the set up!
Anyone negotiated for less than the min requirement before (besides summerala)?
kao_happy.gif

veronliu

thanks merchelle.. u got a pt there too.
but just wondering have u consider will it be possible that if 60 pple waiting and wanted to board the 45 pple coach.
hee sorry me think too much.. but i dun wish that the turn up attendance will be bad due to the location.

merchelle

Halo Veron,

U have ur point too. But come to think of it hor, r u really sure that will all the 60 ple taking the coach? If my memory does not failed me hor, i was told by my colleagues and friends that, the coach were not full at all. i was pretty surprised too. Hehehe.. one of the reason i can think of is that, my coach @ Jalan Bukit Ho Swee Link (near Tiong Bahru Plaza) will mainly for my hubby's relatives. then the rest were for colleagues and friends. Furthermore, don forget they still have the exclusive Sentosa coach at Harbour Front there. That one, sure no prob one! coz u wont scare to miss the coach, as that coach is every 20mins interval. Its cater for the stay in guests of Sentosa whom they got more previlage lah. But, all ur guests need to do is to show them the inviation cards, and they were allow to take the coach as well. which most of my colleagues did that. ;)

ellie

thanks merchelle! do u still remember how long in advance from your wedding did u arrange/confirm the flwg with the coord?
1. coach waiting locations
2. food tasting
3. collection of invites
4. room reservations for close frens/relatives

and how many car passes did u ask for? your input as an ex-rasa bride is definitely most valuable! thanks again!

merchelle

Hi Ellie,

U r most welcome. No lah, don say that. me just sharing some points only lah..

Anyway, below is my ans:

Food Tasting & Collecting of inviation cards & car passes:
Due to my hubby's tight schedule, coz he's from Navy. So our food tasting & collecting of invites (at the same time) actually brought forward 3 or 2mths before AD.

Coach waiting locations & room reservations for close frens/relatives:
Co-ordinator will discuss this with you one mth b4 the AD. During this discussion, below are the other stuffs that will be bring up too:

1) wine confirmation (which i got it from Rasa) & liquor (u can bring in your own liquor, provided is not DFS one lah)

2) amt of tables confirmation

3) (if u r looking for)'special' dietary for muslim, vegetarians confirmation. and how many?

4) the deco set up, floral deco, stage deco, reception table deco, VIP tables deco etc...

5) the cocktail locations, whether u wan it to be at the outdoor lounge or other place.. think there's any locations near the sea or hotel..cant remember liao. ;p

6) confirmation how u wan to have the full payment made? by credit card, then u have to provide them the credit card number.

7) vehicle number for the reservation of parking lot for bridal car, parents' car.

Ermm.. i can only recall the few as above, wats else did i miss out ah? hehehehe

merchelle

Hi Veron,

yalor.. so sad lei.. seems lei, time passes real fast. Me still missing my AD @ Rasa. Was very memorable and nice..

Staffs there were so helpful and well orgainsed.
Ermm.. wat u wan to know ah?

ram0111

hihi gals...

me attended their wedding show last fri, most prob will get tat venue...hehe

merchelle, may i know whose ur coordinator?thanks 4 ur help

veronliu

hee merchelle, seems like u will be very busy answering questions.
u had it in which ballroom and when huh??
how's the food, service, deco, and everything lah..hee
so by the way how many tables u had and wat how much beer/wine/liquor is consumed?
sorry for asking so much.
thanks.

ram0111

hi veron, u decided on rasa as well??

wat the coordinator told me tat day was, they will take the guaranteed no. of guest divded by 45 equals to hw many coaches leh...me still gotta clarify w her on tat, she told me this wkends gonna hv wedding dinners, maybe I'm gg & oso hv a chat w her..
Cheers

veronliu

ram, i'm still considering.

u already confirm? who is your coordinator?
is that the way they calculate coaches?? since they already provide complimentary coaches then during the show they gave 3 complimentary coaches.. extra??
really ah sat or sun having wedding and which ballroom?

ram0111

hi veron

nt yet, me wanna discuss w HB 1st, but most prob lor, i spoke 2 cathy over email, but it was chanel who liaise w me during the show...if u hv dbs credit card, u are still entitled 2 the perks until end of april..but must charge the deposit 2 ur card lor..

this is wat chanel told me abt the coaches, but i tink there's no car passes, if u wanna do it this way leh..if u 1 car passes, u may exchange some coaches 4 tat...

both sat & sun hv weddings gg on, but cathy will only be free on sun...Oops i din ask which ballroom leh, did u go 2 the wedding show?
Cheers

merchelle

Hi Ram,
My co-ordinator was Elaine Teo. Very nice and sweet lady. she's very helpful and very prompt in responding. but of coz, email will delayed if she's being held up with weddings or any other functions. hehehe.. but she will sure response once she's available.
happy.gif

Hi Veron,
its ok. don worry. its my pleasure to share those things with u all.
happy.gif

I've used 'Pavillion' and was 18 Dec 2004.

Food was simply yummy and delicious feedbacked from all our guests! service were excellent!

below are the incidents why i commented:
1) there's a trial run b4 the whole dinner. My co-ordinator saw my buddies brought in the ta bao food from outside. So she came to me and asked me whether are we hungry, if yes, she will arrange to send some snacks for my hubby and I. and wat suprised us was that, even helpers-ah yees and buddies got their shared as well sent in directly to their hotel rms. who on earth which hotel will do such thing, my gfs commented. So thumbs up!

2) i remembered one of my colleague got red wine spilled on his shirt up by one of the waiter. The banquet supervisor attended to my colleague str away and even provided him with a t-shirt to change and dry washed his colleagues shirt. Sent str to his hse somemore the following day, just like a brand new shirt sia, all stains were gone. this incident were not brought up to my attention at all. Coz the banquet supervisor worked closely with the co-ordinator. To make sure, they don alert or anger me unneccessary. i only came to know after the whole dinner ends. And when i apologised to my colleague, he told me that he was instead thankful to the staffs. Ermmm.. i was pretty surprised lor. Instead of feeling angry, he actually feeling thankful. So i guessed Rasa service must be damn 'solid' sia. hahaha..

3)Another incident, is regarding i went down too early for my second march in. the banquet supervisor saw us (me, my hubby, my gfs, my photographer) all standing and sweating. He suggested that we should be relaxing than sweating so much, thus brought us in to the open space lounge and get some drinks (where we initally thought must pay mah, so dare not go in) for us to cool ourselves down and the drinks on the hse somemore. hahahaha... really very thankful to his thoughts lor. if not, we will be sweating like nobody's business liao.

4) during the payment settlement, my co-ordinator was on leave. But she called me up and asked is everything ok? by right, after the whole thing, i thought we wont be entertain. But who knows.. she still called me to check how's everything. very thoughtful lor. hehehe

5) I left some items in the hotel. So called up co-ordinator the next day. She had really performed to her best professional service lor. I also quite bad lah, after the whole wedding, i still troubled her to find the things for me. And even arranged courer service to send back the thing to my hse. But i was around at home lor. so till now, one of my item still with her. have to collect from her soon.. Hehehe.. so paisey..
happy.gif

Paisey ah.. so long winded... but i really have to bring up and commented them for their excellent service!

deco, were simple and nice. which both my hubby find it very romantic lei.if u wan, i can send u the pics for my AD night @ Rasa so that u can agar agar 'preview' the deco, food and etc.

i had 29 tables confirmed and 1 table under reserve. beer not free flow, but end up left abt 8 glasses being brought into our hotel suite after dinner. wine, we got it from Rasa. VERY NICE! Initally, we only get 1 carton (12 btls) of wine. However, according to my co-ordinator, first carton were finished during the 4th dish, so no choice, we opened the next carton. As for liquor, we brought in ourselves. altogether 8 btls, left only 1/2 btl being brought up to suite.
happy.gif

now at times thinking back. seriously, my hubby and i really had a wonderful nite and thankful that we had chosen Rasa for our memorable wedding dinner. Hehehe..

merchelle

Sorry ah..need to highlight something. during the whole wedding dinner. my hotel co-ordinator-Elaine Teo will not be around. She's there only during the trial run where she then introuduced the banquet supervisor to us during the trial run. So overall, my my gf being my co-ordindator worked with him throughout the whole dinner.

Overall planning and arrangement b4 dinner was Elaine Teo.

Sorry ah, am i being too confusing?? hahahaha
happy.gif

ellie

wow merchelle, that's one lot of really impt info... hehehe... thanks for re-telling the whole story. btw, how many car passes did u get? and how many cars can go into rasa's compound, incl your bridal car?
happy.gif

ellie

merchelle,

ha?? only 3 cars can go in ah? did u try negotiating for more cars to go in? were the 100 car passes enough for ya? also, during the reception, were the guests able to go sit in the alfresco lounge or they can only hang ard outside the pavilion?

summerala

Hi merchelle.. seems like you really have a great time at Rasa. How was the bridal suite like... I am really curious becoz heard from my friend that it is really hugh

merchelle

Hi Ellie,

that time was due to the construction of the parking lots infront of the hotel. That's the reson why cars were limited for ple to park at the smaller carpark just beside the lobby.
Lucky enough to get additional 2 lots for my parents liao lor. coz there's another couple getting having dinner on the same day. that's y lor.

the 100 car passes were more than enough. infact i've left over somemore. coz i gave piroity to my relatives and parents friend. left over then to friends and colleagues lor. In the end, still got quite left alot lor.

cocktail recept, guests were advised to hang around outside the pavillion. Coz the alfresco lounge still running their normal operation mah. ;)

hi Summerala,
Yes, the suite was indeed very very big. not bad.
happy.gif

suayliap

summerala, my date will be on 26 Mar'05, Sun. I took the lawn area for my solemnisation ceremony and thereafter proceed back to Pavilion for chinese set dinner.

you should find a chance to look at the Pavilion in the evening with a wedding setup. It's really total different! you may wish to get hold of some pictures from merchelle which was taken very nicely on her AD
happy.gif

btw, you can also catch to see the bridal suite on rasa's website under the virtual tour.

Stacy, from my knowledge, Siloso ballroom requires min. 30 tables only. Of course, if u can confirm with them at min. 35 tables or more, I'm sure you can "squeeze" extra stuff from them. since u've concerned abt their corkage, mayb u can work on this area... ...

Ram, my coord. shard with me that usu. for their package, they'll accord just coaches only based on your attendance. And you'll trade off for each "unused" coach for carpasses.
But for this show itself, they're not doing the same. Simply 3 coaches and plus 50% of your attendance of carpasses. If you need more coaches, you can just use 40pcs of carpasses to trade off for each additional coach required. I believed i got this correctly as i got my coord. to explain thoroughly when we met up the other time and have this point jotted down... ...hee.hee...poor memory, so note it in case any friends might asked; eg. U
happy.gif

veronliu

merchelle, seems like u really had a great night.
so ur beer still got left over ah.. total how many litres did u open?
liping, may i ask how many tables u have got and how many beer/wine/liquor is consumed?

ellie

thanks merchelle, u really helped me with your kind advice. perhaps next x when u change job, can be wedding consultant at rasa. hahahaha...
happy.gif

ram0111

hi merchelle
tks for sharin info w us, tink I'm more than determined 2 get rasa....
bounce.gif

act my BIL knew elaine, wonder if can get him 2 talk 2 her & get more perks...:p are they willing 2 accomodate for more beer? coz beer is vv imprt 2 us...

phine

Hi Merchelle,

thanks for your info!!!
you are making me so exciting over my own planning.cant wait for my big day with Rasa.

veronliu

hey gals.. just a question here..
as i'm considering sun so it will be weekday and the fish in the menu is Sea Bass which i heard is consider a cheap fish.
anyone has any problem with it or it's ok one?

ram0111

hi veron

i read fm past threads tat u must top up for the change of fish only...personally I feel their menu looks rather cheap, but as I dun tink i hv the time 2 eat & all banquet dishes are ard the same, i can't be bothered...vv bad of me hor..
kao_blush.gif

merchelle

Hi Veron,
Yes, indeed my ah hubby and I had a wonderful nite there. hehehe...
if i'm not wrong, total beer is 50l. Initally i thought was not enuff (coz my hubby's navy pals were damn gd drinkers lor), then in the end, still got left over. I guessed nowadays, seldom ple will drink beer lah. most of them will go for wine more.even for other weddings i've attended at other wedding, we also observed wine is the IN thing now.
happy.gif

Btw, as for the Sea Bass, i did not use that. i think mine that time was another type, cant remember which one.

Hi Ellie,
I was hoping that i can be one lor, if they willing to take me in. since i had 'promoted' their service and location so much.. wondering if they want to give me any comission anot.. hahahaha....
266292.gif

Hi Ram,
Hahaha.. it will be useful if ur BIL can help lor. BUT, elaine maybe quite firm in some things too. so gd luck. initally we want to negoiate to free flow. But elaine was quite firm lor that cant do it. we also understand her stand lah. but she told us that from her past experience wedding held there, the beers are more than enuff, and guessed wat, its true.hehehe..
happy.gif
anyway, had sent u the link for my pics @ Rasa. beware first ah, quite alot..so just bare with it lah hor. hehehe.. but there are some pics i felt that it can be useful for u, eg: the suite pics, food pics, deco pics, etc...

Hi Phine,
no prob! its my pleasure too to share my experience with u ladies.
266293.gif

summerala

Merchelle, can you share with me too... thanks.. [email protected]

Is the pavillion realli very different at night??

Liping,

R you sayin that your weddin is over or issit 2006...

I rem that day after I signed up the package with Cathy, I asked her to show us the way out. She told us their coach to City Hall is cancelled. So I tot I had to take a bus out or wat.. Guess what.. she actually call us a cab to bring us out of the island to whichever location we want... and we dun have to pay anything... I am really surprise by what she do for us.. maybe this is what she do for most of her customers too.. But i think she really provides excellent service...

bing77

hi merchelle, your post reminded me of my dinner and solemnisation at Rasa Sentosa and prompted me to give feedback on their service. I also had a fantastic time. Although I was bit worried that my coordinator Cathy was not around during the event, the banquet manager James was very friendly and attentive and the whole event went perfectly.

After we checked out the next morning, as I'm still not used to wearing my rings, I left both engagement and wedding rings in the room! We already reached mainland and rush back like mad. But the cleaning lady had safeguarded the rings for me. I was really very grateful to the staff there. I am planning to go back this year during our anniversary.
happy.gif

Ladies, dun worry too much abt the location. Although Sentosa seems remote, I think with car passes and coaches, your guests would not mind travelling there. Enjoy your wedding preparations!

merchelle

Hi Veron,

Hehehe.. **Blushed** thanks lei.. u also will be mei mei one mah.. all ladies will SHINE on their big day. hehehehe...

Hi Hui Bing,
Yalor... Rasa had did a tremendously great job. Thats was y cant help but to post so many things. hahahaha...

Luckily, the cleaning lady was honest hor.. hehehe.. ;)

Me too, going back for the anniversary stay on dec 2005. wat abt urs?