Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa

pink_lady

hi gals,

rasa changed the anniversary dinner to couple spa recently. it will apply to all contract lor...so since my FH dun want it..so we exchange for another nite stay in seaview room.

got dinner cos we always go down ard evening time...(not purposely one...)cos after work..then go down...so she see us so poor thing...so offer dinner ba...haha

for the beer part, its really depend on your guests...if got more older ppl, may be 20L is not enough...need another 30L or so...u can bargain with ur coordinator, see whether they can give u more beer or not..ok??

bebee

HI jus to let u gals know, my 30l beer finished before the 2nd dish i think..
cuz we started halfway during cocktails...

shern

good afternoon!

will be serving alcohol only when dinner starts, heard horror story bout having no beer by 2nd course too...i'll be having 50l maybe can tahan till 5th dish hehehehe....

pink_lady, i had 2 meals there too, quite good food leh
happy.gif

did ask if will get discount for spa but seems like no leh....tot can R&R the next day...

pink_lady

hi shern,
actually yah lor...can only serve alcohol when dinner starts..before that NO NO...
btw, if 50L really finishes...we dun want to open the beer, is it very bad to tell the guest that no more beer liao????

sleepysleep

Hi fiona,
so u had signed up with rasa already? hehe when's ur ad?

Hi pink,
oh change to spa voucher? erm sound nice, can relax the next day hehhee =P

hi bebe,
woh! 2nd dish no more beer! so u open another barrel for ur guest?

hi shern,
erm rasa got spa ah, i didnt know heee.. r&r the next day sound very nice! hehee

hi girls,
some qns to ask ehee.. today topic on beer hehee..
from what i know there's 2 beer barrel size of 20L and 30L correct? erm what's the cost for 20L and 30L if u need to open when there's not enough for ur guest?
What brand of beer do they serve in barrel?

thanx thanx =)

hallie

sleepsleep,

if im not wrong 20l = $450+++ & 30l=$650+++, v ex leh! not sure abt the brand, think usually is Tiger...i guess lah!

Pink,
is there still the "anniversary nite stay" perk??they oni took out the dinner at Terrace to replace with the spa voucher is it? btw, how much is the spa voucher worth??

racherlle

gals
really have to watch out for the wine too..
hmmm anyone has experience to share for those having ard 25 tables??
roughly hw much beer and hw many bottles of wine were consumed for the nite?
so we can all make a rough estimate
happy.gif

thanks!

oh gd! dun tink i wil wan the spa voucher too
hmmm can change it for another night's stay..
yipee!
happy.gif

bebee

sleepysleep,
yes have to open another barrel..

racherlle,
mine was 25 tables... had about 42-46 bottles of wine... about 3/4 red, 1/4 white.

oooh the spa voucher must be new... my time dun have.

racherlle

hi bebe!

ohhh okie.. so muz have spent quite a lot on beer and wine huh? hmmm..
in total hw much did u spend for these alone?

smilez_bride

bebe, for 25 tables.. you spent a lot of wine and beer!!! Your friends all drink a lot..

pink, anniversary dinner voucher is only $100.. spa voucher should be around the same price right?? Can change to one more night stay ah.. so good.. got include breakfast??

bebee

wine think about ~$700+

we had some balance bottles for wine.. can choose to return some, but i kept some for house, give some to friends n parents...
happy.gif

pink_lady

hi gals,
back to the topic of beer, the brand is tiger. If u bring in ur own beer, definitely cheaper..but GOT CORKAGE ($300 nett)...so remember to keep that into consideration unless the coord willing to waive off...(they are willing to waive off the beer corkage only when u buy wine from them i think...)

hallie, its not anniversary nite stay..my mistake..its the dinner at terrace. cathy said a lot of ppl din utilise the dinner voucher so they change to spa so taht more ppl can benefit...
bride, i forgot to ask got include breakfast or not...but i think shd have ba....but one more nite stay in delux seaview room unless u top up $250 nett for bs.

hallie

pink,
so does that means tt the anniversary nite stay in the deluxe seaview rm still remains in the package? can i say that in total u have 3 nites stays in rasa? Actual Day = 1 nite in BS + 1 nite in seaview rm(exchange with spa voucher), Anniversary= 1 nite in sea view rm. am i correct??

racherlle

hi gals!

hmmm if u were to sign during the wedding show.. u will have 1 more night of stay rite?
wah tat makes it 4 nites! (including the anniversary stay)

oh ya btw gals..
Her World Brides is out already!
go get it!
happy.gif

hallie

Racherlle,

was it stated tt there's additional nite stay for the wedding show?? wow....ive been waiting for so long....finally out ! i go n grab it tonite!!! ;p

racherlle

hi hallie!

hmmm from wat i noe from previous wedding show,
they gave 1 additional nite stay, and either 20ltrs of beer or 15 bottles of wine..
oh ya gals correct me if i'm wrong
happy.gif

hallie

good morning racherlle,

hv u bgt the mag? is the Rasa wedding show info inside??? dunno can wait till then to book anot leh....

shan

Hi Hallie,

sorry for the late reply. My package is kind of different from their standard package. Cos' FH and I just stated what we wanted and asked them to give us an offer.

The package we have includes:
1WG and 1EG(either one MTM)
*I took both OTR, so I asked them to provide an additional Tea-Dress for me
1 KWA
2 Suits for the groom (OTR), 1 pants MTM to Keep

1 day SG photography
*(Studio+2 outdoor locations+nite scenery)
1 day overseas(Kelong) photography
*MUA,photographer,assistant to stay overnite
6 outfits + 6 Hairdo
Makeup 1 trial, 1 studio, 1 AD(day), 1 AD(nite)
42*15R photographs(30 pages magazine style album)
42 photographs(Niang Jia Ben)
48*4R photographs for giveaways
*Negatives of selected photos to be returned
1 Tabletop, 1 Portrait (cnt rem the measurements)
Free rental of accessories
Free rental of flowergirl and pageboy clothing
Free rental of Father's suit
Free Decor of bridal car and entourage cars
*we wont be taking their bridal car
Free 6 corsages, Hand bouquet(AD and PS)

I think thats about it. Dont know if i missed out any small items.

Rgds

shan

hi tweet,

when's your AD@RASA? You intend to have your solemnization there on the same day as well?
David Loh..you can check out his number on the ROM website under the grassroots leader, if i didnt rem wrongly, he is for tampines district one. I dont have his mobile number with me now cos' i had just sent my phone for repair.

Rgds

racherlle

hi hallie!

dun worrie..
i'm also waiting for the wedding show then book!
happy.gif
i made a tentative booking w Cathy already..
so she's holding on the date for me.. unless someone wans to get the date before the wedding show!

hallie

wow Lindy, ur package sounds great! must hv cost u alot hor??? how much is it?? btw, wat u mean by "niang jia ben"?

sleepysleep

hi hallie and pink,
thanx for the beer info..
i think the beer/wine are all so ex eheee

hi bebe,
woh! ur guest can really drink! is like 25 tables only correct? hehehe all good drinker..

hi lindy,
woh ur package seems to have lotsa stuff.. how much izzit?

hi rach,
hehehe i also waiting for wedding show for rasa! excited! seems like only 3 mths away..
if we wanna take up the package, we need to sign up on the spot? how much will the deposit be?

hi girls,
i had verified with my co-or on the rental of lawn issue. we need to pay rental and what he meant waived, is the setup of the table n chair for the solemnisation in the ballroom.

going desaru 1 day tour tmr! yippppie! erm sunday meeting up with co-or.. excited + nervous hehee

shan

Hi Hallie,

Niang Jia Ben is the smaller replicate copy of the big album...thats y its also 42 pieces.
Any BS you have shortliseted?

Hmm..i am the very st.forward kind...so when we sat down, we just told them no need to sell us what they claim is a promo package...cos' thats not what we want...then like that loh.

cheers!

shan

Hi Sleepy,

I cnt PM you the price cos' you dnt accept PM. and I dont want to display it in public. So how to let you know the price leh?

proud.gif

shan

Hi ladies,

are you gers choosing SIloso Ballroom or Pavillion? Cos' according to my understanding, for the siloso ballroom, you can have either the Lawn or right outside the ballroom as your cocktail reception. For me, we choose the Lawn as cocktail reception and have our solemnization there...hence no need to pay $450.00 for rental. But of cos' mine will be a standing affair, no cairs for the guests but signing table, sound system and 5 chairs will be provided for the solemnization.
As for Pavilion, you will have to do it at the "terrace garden area" right beside rhe pavillion and the hotel coffeehouse.

I hope this helps?
Otherwise, they may have changed their policies.
I did verify with my co-or, it seems its complimentary for me since its a standing affair and maybe i didnt bargain for other stuffs?
I only got an additional room and corkage of wine 2:1.

Rgds

racherlle

hi sleepsleep!

from wat i noe..
the deposit u have to pay is 2K.. after u hav signed the contract..

yaaa 3 mths seem so long ah.
heheeh praying hard! faster!!
happy.gif

hi lindy
hw much did u pay for ur package??

sleepysleep

hi hallie,
thanx thanx hehee.. should be very fun with my friends ard aha..
yes yes ... say long not say.. say short not short ehheee

hi lindy,
oh pm need to activate one ah.. erm then i got to check it out on how to activate.. hhee i go see see how to activate now..
erm dont know what should i say or ask on sunday.. *stress*

hi rach,
oh need 2k.. thanx for the info =) erm so if we cancel the wedding dinner thanx that 2k cant be refund or can refund part of it?
erm if change of date need to give extra $$?

sleepysleep

oh lindy,
i go and uncheck the 'do not recieve private msg from ppl' thingy liaoz..
so sorry for the trouble.. i didnt know gotta uncheck?

racherlle

hi sleepy!
dun feel stressed up!
happy.gif

hehehe ask watever u wan to ask there..
the pple are friendly there..
i spoke to Perry before.. when my co-ordinator was on leave.. he was very friendly and could even crack a joke!
happy.gif
so no worries.. dun stress urself up.. go with a relax mind..

hmmm as for the 2k.. dun tink u can get the refund back.. change of date i'm not too sure.. u have to change w the co-ordinator
happy.gif

pink_lady

hi gals,
a bit of misunderstanding here..
wat i got for my package is
2 nite stay in bs and 1 nite stay in seaview room (exchange from the couple spa).
The anniversary dinnner (NOT STAY)is no longer valid (cos they replace it with the couple spa). hope to clear all ur doubt!
happy.gif

wasabi

hi guys,

Do you know if Perry coordinates wedding event or is there a group of separate coordinators? I am rather worried with his response time as even at this stage when i have not signed any contract, it appeared that i had to do the follow up on the emails and what he promises to advice me after my meet up with him. Over the last 2 months since I wrote to Rasa, I had to contact Perry and most of the time, I had to leave him voice msg if not emails. Honestly I did not breathe down his neck. When I finally met up with him to know more about the package, he completely forgot about the appointment and fortunately I was attending a seminar at rasa sentosa, otherwise it would be a wasted trip made.

I received his call this afternoon indicating that he had softbooked Pavilion for me and he wanted me to sign on the contract (without negotiating on the details). Is it normal to negotiate before that or Rasa is flexible in negotiation after you have signed the contract?

Would appreciate any inputs from previous or existing Rasa Sentosa brides.

Thank you,
Wasabi

racherlle

hi wasabi!

hmm.. i can't advise much on Perry as he is not my co-ordinator... saw from the previous threads that Rasa does not follow-up as frequent as other hotels.. so all of u gals really have to take note of this...

hmmm wasabi.. do not rush into signing the package.. r u planning to hold ur wedding in 2006 too? they will b having a wedding show in March 2005.. so if u can wait til then, it would be better... coz hav more freebies..
as for negotiating.. it's definitely better to negotiate before u sign the contract and get everyting written down in black and white before u sign on the dotted line..
happy.gif

gd luck in ur negotation!

wasabi

Hi racherlle,

Thanks for your advice. I'll keep myself level-headed. Honestly, having waited for 2 months, my initial excitement had worn off.

I am not a 2006 bride as sfter my fiance's mom consultation, i have only 2 wedding dates i could choose from next year. Worst thing, both my fiance and his dad had unamiously indicated to have the wedding held on that place. Dec 11 is out as other couples had booked the place, hence Nov 3 is the only one left "after Perry had cleared off with other interested parties".

Honestly, the thought of not wanting to disappoint both of them is stressing me out. HELP!!!!

Wasabi...

pink_lady

hi wasabi,

i would not advice u to wait till march wedding show as urs is in nov 05....unless perry can promise u that he'll hold the date till then...if not, i advice u to discuss with perry on the terms and nego with him asap (get it done, and get it over) ..if everything's alright, then u wait for them to send u the contract to sign...dun sign the contract b4 even nego hor..very lugi one...
as long as u settle it fast, u can BREATH...i can understand that feeling gal..dun worry...just relax...

wasabi

Hi Pink_lady,

Thanks very much for your advice. We'll work out our ideal package before negotiating with him. I was hoping i could settle it fast too but next week is really bad for us. Argh... never knew preparing for a wedding can be so cumbersome.

smilez_bride

wasabi, dun ever sign up the package without getting all the details from rasa.. and always neg for things you need/want before u sign up.. as for the date.. not to worry.. normally they will call you to confirm your booking if another couple is aiming the same date as you.. else rasa won't bother you.. as mentioned in this thread, they dun follow up with you before or after sign up.. they will not call you up to arrange for food tasting, setup, etc... you have to be the one to call them or email them for more information.. hopefully, you can drag the sign up date till the wedding show
happy.gif

sleepysleep

hi girls,

met up with my co-or already, erm didnt really bargain.. more to clear my doubt on certain issue and bring me ard only.

what i recalled after the met up with him:

pavilion:
longer march-in
abit "open" reception area coz a coffeehse for hotel guests are actually also outside the ballroom.

siloso:
very short march-in from the center entrance and the stage is in the center. will be ok if bride n groom march-in from both end, meet in center then up the stage. u can try to shift the stage to the other end, but i think those ppl sitting @ the back might find it a little far.
enclose reception area. there's 2 room 'in' the reception area and if the room is free for that night, u can used it to change ur evening gown n etc.

overall:
quite like their floral decro, said that the flower is new for every wedding. 3 types to choose from, roses, something like daisy, 3rd one i dont know what hehe so sorry. 2 natural colours to choose from.

both ballroom can be dimmed for march-in. [ask this coz previous posts some ppl comment cant be dimmed for one of the ballroom, maybe they changed liao so can dim?]

erm buffet dinner can be topped up, but if towards the end of the dinner they will not top. scare of food wastage i guess.

white fence area will be gone after the renov, coz the restuarant at the top of the 'slope' will expand to the white fence area.
should be able to get waival for lawn rental if it is a total outdoor event but only buffet dinner, no chinese dinner.

was charged $28nett for hse wine.
and $160 for weekday, $180 for weekend guest room stay [sea-view].
only sat is consider weekend

there will be dry ice effect for 1st dish presentation.

i think i heard free food tasting, so gotta confirm with him again. was told that if need a re-taste, sorta can taste the selected food only and pay for the price of the dish. however, the dish-size is for 10 ppl. cant really imagine if 2 ppl go down to eat a 10 person amt fish.

he gave me up to 20th dec to decide on confirmation, after that he will release the date. when i ask him like "heard some relative said that some hotel can hold tentative booking till the date itself unless other ppl wanted the same date"
he replied something like other co-ordinator can access the system and book the date. so i am not sure if he will really release the date after 20th dec. i think mine was a hot date, so hope i can wait till wedding fair. else if really taken up then i will be =( already and might not want to have dinner liao heee..

deposit is 2k, not refundable if the dinner is cancelled. but you can change date.

i think die die also need to hit min. 25 tables but mine is tuesday night, really dont know what will be the turn up rate.

u can exchange invites, favor, guest book for hotel rooms, beer [not sure for wine]

i still get that anni dinner and not the spa voucher..

haha that's all and i think most info is the same hehee, sorry for the long mail.

tinting

hi Sleepysleepy
Are u having a buffet dinner or 9 course dinner? do u have any information about having a buffet dinner? Please advice...

sleepysleep

hi cha bo,
was thinking of having outdoor solemisation, ballroom chinese dinner actually.
but if really want to get the lawn rental waived, will need to get whole day outdoor event with dinner buffet.
so i am quite headache now on this issue dont know what will be relative reaction if it's a buffet dinner coz at the moment, no one in the family line have dinner buffet whahaa! i might be the 1st one! =P

at the moment i only know the dinner buffet can be topped up, but maybe u need to have someone to help to check up with the ppl @ rasa. something like when will be the last top up session and etc on the day itself.
if it is an outdoor event, the buffet tables will be placed @ the 2 sides, and i think the guests will need to get their own food, no ppl to serve them.

hope my info can help, any qns u will like to ask? i might have some info forgotten but might be able to recall if u ask the qns.

have u visited they website? the buffet menu can be found there.
http://www.shangri-la.com/singapore/rasasentosa/weddings/en/index.aspx

sleepysleep

hi girls,
my desaru daytour updates heeee [errr abit not related but wanna share something with u all]

went to fruit/honey farms, ostrich farm, shopping @ their biggest "giant" supermarket.

fruit/honey farm
erm knew that honey cant use metal to scoop, cant use hot water to dissolve but i didnt know CANT put in Refrigerator.

ostrich farm
woh the egg gave me the dinosaur egg feeling haha and ppl under 100kg can stand on the egg w/o breaking it.
heard that every part of ostrich can be used for different purpose. dont know why felt a little pity for them coz last time they are free from being slaughter.
bf got a ostrich egg back spore.. well, he love eating eggs..

racherlle

hi sleepsleep!

thanks for providing so much info.
wah.. u see double standards..
hw come got free food tasting? hmm.. haii
different co-ordinators say different tings..
dun understand why...

oh dear.. no more white lawn area?
then sleepsleep where else can we hold our solemnization?? hmmm.. where else did perry advise u??

wasabi

Hi sleepsleep, Who is your coordinator?

Hi all, I have some questions for Rasa Couples...
(1) Btw, does anybody know if Pavilion can hold more than 38 tables? a rough estimation last night shows that I may have 43 tables in total...
(2) In addition, do they allow additional of 1 dish to the typical 8 course dinner and how much will this extra costs? Just wanted to be sure all guests leave with full stomach!

hallie

hi pink,
so have u place ur deposit with rasa already? any idea how much does the spa voucher cost??

sleepsleep,
tks for sharing the info. hey, i didnt know there's two rms near the siloso ballroom! hopefully it will not be used by others. Whats the two colours of flowers tt we can choose frm??

Strange leh, why didnt perry show u the pkg with the spa voucher? i was oso given the anniversary dinner pkg. hmmm...did u ask him abt the spa voucher?? wat did he say?

wow...sounds interesting! did u see many many bees at the honey farm? must be v gross hor.... feeling so itchy now! ;p oh..i didnt knw tt we can't use a metal spoon to scoop honey leh.... but if dun use hot water , it will be v difficult to dissolve the honey! did u hv any ostrich meat meals there???? :g'

hallie

hello wasabi,
i think the max capacity for pavillion is 38 tables. heard tt its v v cramp if u hit 38 tables.

As for the sdditional dish cost, im not too sure. but read from the prev threads tt the prtion of food servings for 8 dishes is sufficient.

smilez_bride

Hi sleepysleep, thanks for sharing.. as for the tentative booking.. think he is just trying to make you commit early before the wedding show.. for mine, initially I have made tentative booking for siloso ballroom for dec this year, they have called me once for confirmation as they told me another couple is looking at the same date as mine.. I gave the siloso ballroom up after I went down to Rasa to meet up with the coor and view Pavilion ballroom.. Unable to get Pavilion for dec this year so I changed the date to Jan next year.. think no matter what, they will still call you up for confirmation of the tentative booking.. it will be bad of them to just release the date without calling you up for another round of confirmation.. sometimes we can be so busy with other wedding prep that it slipped our mind on the due date for the confirmation... heehee... hope you can manage to hold on to the date till wedding show
happy.gif

Rachelle, you got to fight for the food tasting.. just tell your coordinator how come other Rasa brides who are having min. 25 tables can get food tasting free but yours can't.. see what she/he say..

Wasabi, 38 tables will be pretty cramp for Pavilion, esp now you have estimated to have around 43 tables.. Pavilion can't hold up to 43 tables.. you may want to consider having 11 pax per tables to reduce the total no. of tables.. but most probably, the coor will advise you to take siloso if your no. of tables is more than 35.. Yours is on sat or sun? If on sat, then add 1 more dish is ok.. as guests will not be rushing home.. but if on sun, you might wan to reconsider adding 1 more dish as mon still need to work. They might not stay till all the 9 courses are served..

pink_lady

wasabi,
the max capacity for pavilion is only 35...else will be VERY CRAMPED!

hallie,
i still waitiing for cathy to send us the contract...haven't placed deposit yet. i am not sure how much is the spa voucher worth...its free couple spa lor...ard 200+?