Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa

flyn

Hi Fang,

I don't think your band will clash with the lounge band with the doors closed of coz.
happy.gif
I didn't see any band playing on my day. I went to the lounge twice to get ready for my march in. Don't worry, it will be great to have a band of your own.
happy.gif

icy

Hi Fang,

sorry for the late reply as I was not accessing this website during the weekend. Nope, I was not going to Rasa the last weekend, I went to book my bridal during the weekend. Yup... don't worry too much and never think whether it is a right or wrong choice, trust the decision that both of you have made and it will definitely turn out to be fine.(well sounds like easy to say than done right???) and my hubby keep telling me to look on positive side of it. So you went down to Rasa last weekend? how is the wedding?

Flyn, I have the same worry as fang regarding on the band playing outside the lounge area... well I intend to ask my coordinator again the next time I meet up with him and I will let all of you know again...

oops... I overlook on the rain problem !! huh... no shelter (have not been to the parade sq before, intend to take a look the next time) "chiam lah" it will be a wet sesson in Nov period...

Bobomagic, I went to book my bridal package with Bridal zone liao... my coordinator is Grace, any comments about her?

fang

hey guys!!

i went to the food tasting yesterday and the food was surprising good and yummy! :p
I chosen my food all from Menu A for the weekday package and i lurrve the prawns with chinese wine and roasted chicken. our parents were all pleased with the food and the chef actually came down and got feedback from us. He ensured us that on the actual day the food will be of the same quality and quantity as we thought that yesterday the fish was especially fresh and the prawns were especially big and juicy. hehee..

oh and I saw the ballroom as well and immediately informed my corrdinator to change the roses to blue and cream combination. I saw the flowers and they were bright and beautiful. Moreover blue is our fav colour!
happy.gif

and the carpet was quite in a good condition...not sure why in the last threads they said it was bad. anyway, good all good. and there was a projector screen provided FOC for the ballroom. so i will bring my own recorder and projector. Rasa say they will help us fix that up.

hmm..wat else? carpark wise...seems alright leh. yesterday i managed to get a lot but maybe becoz there is only 1 wedding so it was rather empty. but the distance between the Parade Sq and Rasa was rather far i thought.

I also get a special favour from the receptionist to grant me access to the bridal suite as our parents has yet to see it. and they are so obliging...they brought us up and they are happy with the bridal suite. i realised that there are actually 2 differnt suite. One is with an attached openair garden. the other is not. however, i requested for the one wihout the garden as we find there is more privacy,. the garden is actually shared for the entire level. and somehow the room without the garden looks bigger and has a longer balcony and nicer sea view.

ok, tat;s all i can remember...let me know if you have any qns. but was good to see that all parents are rather happy except maybe for the carpark space. ok, i be positive!! thanks all.

vio

hey gals,

was at rasa last even'g, here's wat i've found :-
bobomagic is rite - carpk not exclusive 2 our guest except e beach front which can pk abt 50 cars. e parade sq some1 mention is far fr rasa n abit dark - at 9pm, there's only 1 car parked there n blgds ard v.old n run down - kinda of scary!

e band at e louge was there n wen guests open e main door 2 go washrm, i'd think guests inside can hear.

e receptn area was v.open n they juz put up a rather small notice of wedding banque. tt pc of ribbon they used 2 tie under e sign - wow, like they've torn fr a pc of cloth!!

i'm abit disappointed rasa din hv budget to acquire new decorative stuff - e pavillion looked so empty w juz a few flowers stand n they looked so old!!
sad.gif

went Graceful Image bridal show at Mandarin y'day - im impressed w their ballrm deco!!

fang, did u had ur fd tasting at Shell Cafe - saw a grp inside ;p

vio

oh dear....i've forgotten rasa take more than 1 wedding per day - bonnie n i shared e same date, meaning carpk space as well!!

bonnie, we've 2 update each other on e no. of carpk passes yah - tks, tks!!

bonnie

Hi fang

hmm..u mean the ballroom decor include balloons? wat theme was that? haven been to seen others wedding yet....=p

so wat did you ask for the wedding gift for the guest?

ya...hows the liquor? do we really need to bring in duty paid liquor?

as for the VIP table, wat table cloth color you use and wat abt the rest of the tables?

are you goin to have a long march or a short one?

hmm...wat abt the decor of the stage? hows is it like?

sorrie to ask so many qns...i think other rasa guest would also like to know...hehe

hi vio

no problem....may be we can discuss thru email.

bonnie

Hi fang

so sorrie i read wrongly...ballroom to balloon...haha......

ya...by the way, beside the standard wedding package, did you ask for any things extra? can share? or you can email me at [email protected]

totoro

Hi vio,

me having dinner at pavilion. you mean that bad. must consider to change to ballroom liao..

also fang,
what food is not good, can we combine certain food from menu a and b??

vio

hi totoro,

y not u arrange 2 take a look 1st. pavillion hv open view which i like + can hv cocktail recep @ e 'garden' juz outside e dinning rm!! not many places like tt lor.

things i've pointed out earlier are for ref. n for u gals to take note so tt if u dun like certain things or e way they do it, bring it up to ur coordinator's attn ;) wan everything nice on our Big Day mah hee...

if rasa could improve on things we suggest, it'll sure make our day even better!

fang

Hi Vio,

Yeah that was me and my family in the enclosed room for food tasting. heee..

didn;t know you be there yesterday. By the way, why are you there for? I thot your dinner is still quite long?

i know for sure i am the next rasa bride in this thread. hehee...just cannot wait to get over this painlessly
happy.gif

I think i must have missed the band presence. coz when i went there at ard 8p.m..there were no music and when i went up at 9p.m. i couldn't see them too. by the way, wat instruments did the band play? as for the tables, we chose gold over red. as for liquor, i think you need to talk to your coordinator. some allow duty free liquor but limited lah but some said cannot accept duty free. mine passed leh. hehee...

as for the walk-in song, i have yet to decide. decor of the stage is ok lor. simple with cake and the mcee stand. i think it is more or less the same with other wedding ballroom i been. anyway, most impt is the bride lah..hehee...focus is still US :p

hi totoro,

as for me i prefer the pavilion coz of the outdoor reception garden view i like. my parents also agreed. as for silso ballroom it is more private and quite. and since pavilion is located at lobby level, it is more convenient for guests. the only disadvantage is that the coffee lounge has their own band on sunday and it is located near the reception area. but the good news, my guests are free to sit in the lounge as well.

as for menu, i personally like the Menu A dishes over the menu B.
so it is really up to individual.

icy

Hi fang,

thank you for the information. Can I check with you again... sorry memory is fading me... yours is Pavilion or Siloso Ballroom?? Those that you mentioned are for Pavilion?? Glad to hear that the food is good. I was told that we can swap the dishes between menu A & B, did you do that? I was also told that the food tasting is for the full course, is this true? I was re-assure by my coordinator that food will be serve hot during dinner.

Hi Vio,
I was told that they had changed the carpet for Pavilion... you mean they didn't? any idea whether the lighting at Pavilion, how is it? the last time I was there, the lights are qutie dim but maybe because nobody using it thus they dim the light a little. Don't want to be tooooo dim, else guest can't see what they are eating... ;p

fang

hi icy,

mine is pavilion. yes those mentioned are for pavilion. yes we are able to swap bet menu a and b...but i preferred all the dishes from menu a. so easier also. yes it is for full course and it was serve piping hot except for cold dish la. heee...

no the carpet wasn;t chg for pavilion but rest assured, i saw it and it was still in good condition. i asked my coordinator and she said there was no plan to chg it. as for the light, it was ok...but during march in, it cannot be dimmed further..either ON or OFF.

B

bobomagic

Hi Vio, Did u walk or drive over to Parade Sq carpark? Is it easy to find?? Cos I heard that they will be putting up signages from Sentosa entrance all the way t the hotel n have hotel ppl to direct guest to the parade sq carpark if beachfront is filled. So i thot relative distance shouldn't be so far since needed re-direction. Wah!! from the sound of it seems quite ulu hor. Do u know if the guest gets picked up from a bus stop or some shelter if they park at Parade Sq? Ortherwise once night fall, if no light ...dun know if they can find their way around the car park anot....hmmm. Heehee sory for shooting so many qns...getting concerned

Hi Icy, Glad to hear u took up the package..Hope u made a good deal!! I took BZ up cos i luved their photography n managed to catch some other BZ brides PS...so standard is there. How abt u? Do u liked the pics too?? I dun really know abt the other coordinators but I think the most important thing is that u feel u can click with her...which i'm sure u did!

vio

hi fang,

was last min decision 2 go there - aft we seen mandarin's deco - we wan tt kinda eden theme n thought could catch glimps of pavillion deco but we were late n only managed peep fr outside ;p

can see tt ur family njoyed e dinner - all v.happy
happy.gif
too bad din noe which was u hee....

as for e band - one playing electric organ + 1 singer but they played fast no. hor ;p

ur date is drawing nearer!! stay cool n pretty - things will turn out fine!!

Hi icy,

i was late n their guests were oready in - only managed peep fr pavillion's main door so din get to see e carpet. as for e hall, dun worry is very brightly lit ;)

fang

hi vio,

when u come into the carpark did u see a sign outside stating carpark is full, please park at the parade sq?

i did saw that sign so we hestiate a little but approaching nearer, the man guide us in,....very misleading lor...wait those guest thot cannot park and then wait confusion.

gee the band was playing fast music...hopefully they dun interrupt mine.

so have u booked ur package with Rasa already?

vio

hi fang,

we reached slightly aft 7.30 & deliberately tried entering e beach front carpk but there was an attendant who redirected us to right side carpk (still w/in rasa) instead! no, no carpk full sign leh. mayb u came later!

yup i've booked n paid deposit 4 both day's dinner!!

hi bobomagic,

we drove actually n w/o intention to get 2 parade sq. but is far fr rasa n dark - really
sad.gif
any1 been there pls share ur experience if u felt e same as me!!

btw, i'll b sending e compiled info to fang, oct pooh, bonnie, snowy, icy n bobomagic via e-mail - chk it out ;)

fang

Hi vio,

2 days dinner? u mean u booked for 2 nights?
i see...so do you think there will be car park lots for all just that they discourage parking there?

sigh! still sorting the carparking issue.

vio

hi fang,

yup, 2nites!
if there's only 1 wedding for tt day then both beach front carpk + side is more then enough.

but...12Oct i'm sharing w bonnie, i'm sure there's couple for pavilion or ballrm on 18oct
sad.gif

oh.....*sad* *sad* really hope e carpk issue could b sorted out smoothly!!

counting down to 9 mar yah ;p stay cool!!

fang

Hi Vio,

yes that night only have 1 couple so that;s why carpark a bit empty...

anyway you guys on this thread, no worries la...after my wedding, i tell you more abt the carpark issues.

i will be the first couple to walk down the isle in rasa so hehee...yeah counting down!

so exicted! :D

B

bobomagic

Yippee!! Congrats Fang!!! Real soon now...R u planning to fly off for honeymoon soon after the wedding? Have u decided where u want to go for your trip? Yup do share wuth us the abt the carpark issues...worrie worrie

fang

Hi bobomagic..

yes, i have booked a trip to mauritius already.
leaving on the 12th Mar.

ya will surely share with you guys...so dun worry too much u all
happy.gif

diasy

Hi Fang n pple
happy.gif

Congrats fang, u know, ur wedding date is my birthday hehe
happy.gif
coincidence wor

Vio..thanks for the list, got it
happy.gif
After some thoughts, me n fiance decided to stick to same coordinator..hopefully things will turn out right. None of u have the same coordinator as me so I dont mind disclosing...my coordinator is Chanel...think she's pretty new on the job.

A few of us have rather close wedding dates
happy.gif
that's good, all can share info.

Fang, do remember to update us on how u solve ur carpark issue. Me also worried about the pavilion because around 8pm, the BBQ below the reception area will start n it will become very smoky and hot. This is what i saw last time, hopefully the situation has improved.

icy

HI all,

Congrats fang, don't worry, things will be fine. Relax and enjoy your big day.

well it seems like all of us is having Pavilion! This is great. So who is the next couple after fang?

Vio, I didn't receive the email, can you resend it to me again, my email [email protected]

vio

tt's gd snowy ;)let us knw if shez nasty yah - we'll see how we can deal w her hee.....

hi icy,

no prob, i'll send again.

oct pooh - i seems to hv ur e-mail wrong, can furnish again? ;)

bleuz

hi bonnie,

i didn't seem to get your email, maybe you'd want to leave your email here or try emailing me again?

icy

I have been very buzy with my bridal lately, sorry.... so anyone have any further updates? seems like fang is also busy with her pre. for her big day... Totoro, how is your preparation?

Hi bleuz, I still have not receive your mail, did you send?

vio

hey gals,

yah, noticed there's not much posting aft cny
sad.gif

juz to share tis - e oct bride 03 thread had our 1st gathering n we had so much fun sharing our wedding prep details. fr bridal gown to banquet...we chat anything under e sun ;p were amazed tt even though we don't know each other b4 - we chat like old frenz!

fang, noe u muz be really busy now. if u happened to 'drop' by pls do share ur experience w us ;)
all e best to u!!

totoro

HI i went for my first fitting finally....my PS in march...book my Jp liao..hm...now settling my gown...

so tiring...and nice nice feeling ya!!!

vio

hi totoro,

u muz be excited abt e PS yah!! ur wed in june, so hv u met up w elaine?

can i view ur WF Lawn set-up in june - to hv a better idea what it's like n plan for my deco
happy.gif

where (location)u'll b going for PS? remember equip urself w drinks n light fd - heard v.tiring wan
sad.gif
stay pretty!

fang

Hi all,

yeah i was so so busy.
not only for wedding but also for work.

hope to take some time off to go for facial and some pampering time.

right now finalising my guest list and seating arrangements. 2 more weeks...count down for me ya
happy.gif

icy

fang,
counting down to your big day, must be excited huh...stay cool and pretty.

I have been busy with my bridal lately and with my work too... but don't worry, I will remain here and check things out in this thread once a while.

vio

hi fang & icy,

gd to hear fr both. yah seems every1 busy w work + our wedding prep.

fang, u muz be excited hor - 2 wks to go!! so howz ur ballroom setting? solved ur carpk issue?
u e only wedding that day?

fang

Hi Vio,

No there is any couple on that day as well.
Carpark...I settle already...Parade sq 2 shuttle bus...one in city hall ...one in Tampines...on top of that a private shuttle services in bridal car to and fro parade sq and rasa.

ballroom all set..chosen blue and cream roses...so yes, counting down to my honeymoon NOT wedding. haha...

totoro

Hi fang,

need to check with u with regrds to card..how did u phrase it ? and will u know who will take which shuttle bus..

can show me a sample of ur wedding card

vio

yes fang, if u hv ur card scanned - do show us ;)

*phew* ur carpk/transport arrangement sound great!
btw, im planning honeymoon to mauritius too....which resort u'll b at?

all the best yah - happy everafter ;)

fang

Hi all,

I dun have a scanner leh...But I can forward you the details inside. Do you all know how the card looks like? If so, then I can just send you all the inserts. I actually used both the red and white card. So I have 2 formats.

Hi Vio,

I will be staying at The Sands. Check out the forum on Mauritius...I started the forum and we have ppl who have just came back frm the same hotel as me. She gave me soo many tips and even the cabby no she befriended over there.

So check out the site.
Ok, you guys give me all ur emails addr and I sent over.

I am sooo busy lately and yeah..counting down..apologise if my replies come slow.