Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa

B

bobomagic

Hi Fang
Thanks for the pics! Did u choose the holder i the end..Think I might settle for holder too, if not then chopsticks..thot the holder was unique too. My hubby liked it so much..heehee. Hope they r going to have the holder for a longer time cos also heard that they were going to discontinue it . At worst, half chopstick half holder lor...then couples who attend will get a complete set of chopsticks n holders!!

vio

hi bobomagic,

initially i like e holder, now both holder n chopstick!!! yah.....gd idea if they allow 1/2 1/2 hor - tt will b perfect ;p

B

bobomagic

Hi Vio

Yah lor...was thinking if they dun have enough holders by yr end then can ask them if possible anot but even if they have enough maybe can ask also...heehee..anyway chopsticks n holders r like ebony n ivory...quite match match one...heehee. Yah plus I have seen some banquet also give out 2 types of wedding favours so when me n my hubby attend, we get a pair...yeah!!

diasy

Hi... very happy to see so many rasa bride
happy.gif
me also rasa bride. Will be having my wedding dinner in november this year in the pavilion...anyone around the same time ?

wonder how the whole place will look on the actual day
happy.gif

Btw, have worked with my coordinator on several occasions and she's not been very helpful. I was thinking of changing my coordinator, how??

can anyone recommend any reliable coordinator in rasa?

Thanks a million for the help!

vio

hi bobomagic,

see, we love to rec'd gifts in pair - i'm sure our guests will love too hor.....let's suggest to coordinator k ;)

hey snowy,

mine in oct, oso pavilion - so u can come take a look on actually day or if u wan see much earlier - arrange w coordinator! btw who's tis unhelpful rasa staff u refering??

B

bobomagic

Hi vio...good idea..keekee.

Hi Snowy...did u take the opportunity to look at the Pavilion when it was set up for wedding during ur trip down to meet ur co-ordinator? If not, u can arrange for one...will give u a better idea. I thot the Pavilion when done up, looked good, esp. with their floor to ceiling windows. My 2 gripes were that part of the room's ceiling was low n part was high plus the room was pillared.

Yah... which coordinator was it?

diasy

Hi bobomagic n vio,

Dont wan to mention name lor, see whether can solve the problem from my side. How? R ur coordinator helpful?

seeing a wedding decor is a good idea! wil arrange a day to go down. I saw the pillar too...what did u do abt guests sitting ard there?
happy.gif
when's ur wedding vio? Would love to c ur decor
happy.gif
)

vio

hello gals.......

so far aft my 1st meeting to discuss & confirm dinner venue - i've not spoken to em yet!! pray hard everything goes smoothly .......

snowy, totoro n any others whoz keen - my dinner @ pavilion on 12Oct n 18Oct @ Waterfront Lawn....ur most welcome to come see e set-up, i'll make arrangement ;)

snowy.....it terrible to work w some1 difficult, u're the paying party n hv rights to request for change of coordinator - surely u won't wan any1 or anything to ruin ur most improtant day rite?
go ahead n let her superior know.

stay pretty yah all rasa brides ;)

O

oct pooh

hi gals,

Can opt for change of co-ordinator meh?? will they 'sa-bo' us a not?? i dunno leh...i quite scare of tis kinda tingy one...

Snowy,
who's ur co-ordinator?? i oways have tis kinda impression wif rasa's co-ordinators dat they r either hard to contact or not compromising. mayb it's juz my luck dat i din managed to get a gd one lor....coz i email her to like to make sure she got my cheque but she din even reply me. well...wat can i say...rasa brides....ur gota advise liao ;p

B

bobomagic

Hi Oct Pooh
I read of someone in the earlier postings who also changed coordinator...no problem leh...dun worry about being saboed. I think u have to speak with ur co-ordinator first, to tell u that u would prefer another coordinator to take over, prehaps.
I wouldn't be in touch with my coordinator till some time later tis yr but so far she has been acomodating and nice. So i dun think i can provide u with a validated reccomendation.
Thou i read from the ealrier postings that there is a malay guy coordinator that seems to be quite a popular choice.
Could it be that she's not around..email full or something??

diasy

Hi vio, bobomagic n oct pooh,

So far the coordinator din know I not happy with her, my friend working with her now for her wedding, that's how I realise she not very efficient. She will make same mistake and not feel apologetic one lor...

She is also quite angry on one occasion when we came late for an appointment. But that's because we cant find a carpark in Rasa! K see her face black lor.

oh dear...what to do...change or not change??

vio

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL RASA BRIDES-to-be ;P

hi snowy,

since u din hv bad or unpleasant experience w ur coordinator then probably stick to e arrangement 1st lor - she could hv suffered fr PMS tt day wen ur fren met her leh heee...... i'm sure if we complain or voice out to Rasa 4 change of coordinator, they wldn't say NO
happy.gif

bobomagic is rite - speak to ur coordinator 1st if ur had bad exp if things din improved - go ahead CHANGE!!

Dear All,

Could I suggest we compile our details for easy reference n at-finger tips info abt each other's details which might b helpful for our wedding planning! u gals can send via e-mail to [email protected]

Here's wat required :-

1)Nick Name
2)Real Name
3)Wedding Date
4)Bridal/Studio
5)Venue - (Ballroom,Pavilion, Waterfront Lawn)
6)Coordinator
7)Email

cheers,

totoro

anyone has any updates in regards to the transporation thingy..

i am intending to design my wedding card..anyone have any idea, if the hotel provide plain card??

fang

Hi totoro,

no worries abt the transport thing, Rasa will provide u a template from the previous brides. So you can edit from there.

Have you gotta the cards already? If not, I suggest you get the cards from her first as there are 2 cards of different sizes..you will have to adjust the sizing of the inserts as according.

As for my details:
1)Nick Name - fang
2)Real Name - Sherene
3)Wedding Date -9th Mar,03
4)Bridal/Studio -Lezen Creation
5)Venue - (Ballroom,Pavilion)
6)Coordinator - Ethel
7)Email [email protected]

fang

Hi Blurblur,

i will leave the deco to Rasa.
They have their own candlestands. Very nice and unique. and flowers deco. Choose 2 flowers combination. I chose cream and yellow roses.

how abt urself?

D

dec

Hello all,

I'm a Rasa bride in Dec'03. Going to have my dinner at the ballroom and reception at the beachfront. If I'm not wrong, the beachfront is the area between the swimming pool and the beach right? But the area seems quite cramp and I'm worried abt the crowd during the sch holidays.

Anyone had their reception there? Any feedbacks?

And my co-ordinator mentioned that they'r gonna change the carpet for the ballroom this year. Dunno true or not. Was anyone told the same?

Thanks a lot.

chocs

Dear Leng,

I am very impressed by the way you carried out your dinner. I am having my dinner at Plaza Hotel, Beach Road. I tot to have a romantic, realxed and cosy banquet will definitely have to be Rasa. But with your kind of dinner setup, I believe any venue will also be a "Rasa".

I was feeling sore that I was not able to have my wedding at Rasa (dates not available). But if I can make the night relaxed and cosy, I wun feel that bad. I'll definitely keep in mind how you managed yours and maybe implement in my own wedding.

Regards,
Chocs

icy

Hello all,

Glad to know that there are so many Rasa brides this year. I'm a Rasa bride too on Nov'03 at Pavilion. Am quite worried cos the coordinator have not arrange any meet up with us since we confirmed. Is this the norm? Is it still early? when is the time that we have to meet up again to discuss on the set up? What do we need to do now? Pls advise...

fang

HI Icy,

Yes it is too early. Mine in Mar...i only met up wif her in Jan. Still early dun stress urself up! :p

B

bobomagic

Hi Vio
Here r my details
1)Nick Name bobomagic
2)Real Name Doris
3)Wedding Date 21 Dec 2003
4)Bridal/Studio Bridal Zone
5)Venue - Waterfront Lawn
6)Coordinator Elaine

Wonder anybody else taking 21Dec cos i know that the Pavilion is taken on that day too. All Suns filled to the max already i guess. Do u think it's inconvenient for guest who drive to travel up to the hotel cos from wat i know, the new carpark is v. big but also further away...wonder if it's sheltered also...have to be prepared for contingencies thou' i hate for that to happen.

Hi Dec
From the previous posting, some ex-brides shared that there maybe a crowd at the beachfront cos of the school holidays so it could be a bit noisy but guess it really depends on the setup...some sort of barricade to prevent ppl from getting to close to ur recep.

fang

hi totoro,

i heard it will be up in Apr 03.

hi bobomagic,

yes the new carpark can accomodate abt 300 over cars. Nope it is not sheltered at all and very far from the hotel.

however, there will be a shuttle service by Rasa every 20 mins interval.

frankly speaking, i am still havin headache on the transport. As i do not want to have any confusion and dispute for any guests, i will paying for the car entry of 2 bucks per car for all guests to park at the parade sq..and i am thinking of hiring a MPV to shuttle my guests to and fro as the rasa bus may be too long for them to wait. with all that fuss, i am praying that it won't rain on my big day.

catz

Hey fang,

I don't think you need to pay for the car entry for all your guests lah.. I don't think they mind $2 fee.. some of my guests drove in earlier in the day and spent time in Sentosa and lots of them really liked the fact that they had a reason to get out of the 'mainland'. As for an MPV, it's a good idea, esp for helpers etc. We hired ours (Hyundai Trajet) from Payless at Katong.. very cheap indeed. But our poor volunteer driver made 20 round trips fetching people here and there so must give BIG angpow.
happy.gif

fang

hi catz,

payless in katong. how much did you pay for the MPV? do you have the phone no? ya i am planning to have 2 MPV to shuttle guests so that they won't be too tired..can take turns lor.

but trying to omit parking at parade sq if possible coz i am afraid it will rain that day. so far i gotta 60 passes in rasa. not sure if i can exchange another bus for another 20 more.

i think paying $2 is fine wif us. most impt, guests must be comfy and happy. everyone happy, we will be too! :D

catz

Payless Car Rental @865 Mountbatten Rd #02-03 Katong Shopping Centre Singapore 437844

Not sure but it was pretty cheap.. can call up to check with them 'cos don't forget I've been married for 1 year plus liao!

How come you managed to get 60 car passes at Rasa? I only had 5!

vio

hi fang,

ya.. how did u managed get 60 car passes?? tt's alot!! or did u drop the 3 coaches they provide & exchange for more passes instead?

hi catz,

so glad tt aft a year + of ur wedding, u still 'drop by' tis thread to share ur experiences. Thks & appreciate ur time & advise *hug* *hug* ;)

to all,

any1 keen but still yet to furnish me w ur wedding details huh? so far i've fang, bonnie, sowny & bobomagic - still waiting..... ;)

icy

Hi Bobomagic,

this is icy, what a coincident, I intend go for Bridal Zone for my bridal package too, but have not sign up with them yet. Who is your coordiantor? How is their services? Are they very pushy type? my hubby hate it when someone try to push us to sign. Can you give me some advise? What is your package? I intend to go down to them this weekend, do they happen to have wedding fair laterly? Do you think it is still too late to sign up package with them? I am worried that all their photographer & makeup artist are fully book for my date....

Hi Vio,
my details are:
1)Nick Name - icy
2)Real Name - florence
3)Wedding Date - 02-Nov 2003
4)Bridal/Studio - intend to take bridal zone
5)Venue - Pavilion
6)Coordinator - syafie
7)Email - [email protected]

Hi fang, catz,
it's a good idea to have MPV to fetch your guest but how can your helper differentiate who are the people attending your dinner or the other couple's dinner, as understant that there should be 2 couples having their dinner there.

fang, care to share some idea on how you pay the $2.00 for your guest??? do you intend to give them cash rebate???

Catz, how did you get 60 car passes??? i was told that there will be 20% of the attendence... you must have many tables right?

I heard that the MRT at world trade is called Harbourfront and I think it should be operational by around April / May period.

catz

Hi girls,

vio: No problem.. glad to help out 'cos Rasa isn't a very common banquet venue.

icy, our helpers communicated via mobile phone.. anyway, people won't anyhow hop into strangers' cars.
happy.gif
We had no freeloaders in our car. The MPV was mainly for our helpers, musicians, ushers and very close relatives ONLY. The rest took the coaches.

I didn't have 60 car passes, that was fang! I only had 5 car passes and 25 tables exactly.

flyn

Hi Catz & gals,

Blessed CNY to all brides!!!
Been a long time since i last log in to this thread. I juz had my wedding on Sat, 11 Jan 2003 at The Pavillion. I didn't get to use the Waterfront Lawn coz it's raining. :p Well, i used my free + complimentary barrel of beers to offset the rental. Before the actual day, I thot i will be disappointed if it rains on my wedding day. To my surprise, i'm not disappointed at all. Maybe becoz it may be a blessing in disguise. Anyway. I also worried my gown will get dirty lah at the lawn. :p Thank God everything turns out very well. They delivered their services fast and impromtu.

Anyway, all in all, my hubby and I are very satisfied with the Rasa services and our coordinator, Elaine. Elaine gave us a birthday surprise for my hubby. She gave a birthday cake for my hubby whose birthday falls on 13 Jan & 2 complimentary cocktails for us. Initially, we thot it's a farewell gift for us coz we were juz abt to check out. It was indeed a pleasant surprise.
happy.gif
In the end, we extend one more nite at Rasa. We fall in love with the suite. It was so nice and cosy.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

fang

hi all,

i got in all 30 tables and i am entitled to 5 shuttles services plus 40 car passes. so i exchange an additional 1 bus for 20 passes. so i have 60 then.

5 to me is insufficient. i believe it is different since they renovate the carpark space.

i will differentiate my guest by our wedding card.
must have my names then i let them board my car lah. hehee...

as for the 2 bucks, i just called my coordinator and she said i can give her the guest names and they will take care of it at the gantry.

oh yes. she mentioned that the projector & recorder are not free. it is chargable as they rent from external parties. so if can, bring ur own then.

catz

Hi Flyn,

I'm so glad that your wedding went well and that your mood wasn't dampened by the weather.
happy.gif
We would've extended our stay too, if we hadn't arranged to fly off the next morning! Just about made it to the airport in time. Hehe..
happy.gif

Yah fang, I think they renovated so now they give out more carpark passes. Last time only 10 lots available, I think. So it looks like Sentosa is becoming more accessible!

O

oct pooh

Fang,

u r so fortunate leh....can get hold of 60 car-passes....i remembered i bargained until saliva oso dried up but my co-ordinator die die said can only gif me 40....but i still get my 4 shuttle buses lar ;p

Hi Vio,
Sorry for the late reply....here's mine:
1)Nick Name - Oct Pooh
2)Real Name - Joyce
3)Wedding Date - 11th Oct 03
4)Bridal/Studio - The Wedding Present
5)Venue - Ballroom
6)Coordinator - Agnes

Come to tink abt transport...i'm act quite worried...will my guests be unhappy dat they gota pay xtra for the entry into Sentosa lar...my in-laws worrying dat their OLD frens might not turn up due to the distance lar....but my close frens told me not to worry much coz they said those pple who r close to u n sincerely wanna gif us their blessings one will sure to turn up irregardless of the distance and the money n efforts spent. Upon hearing dat...i'm much relieved. GOta see how things turn out on the actual day....no point worrying rt? mayb i too pessimistic n worrisome over tis kinda tingy ;p

B

bobomagic

Hi Icy

Caught ur msg. Hope my reply's in time for your weekend visit to BZ. I'd recommend Xiao Pei as a coordinator. If u mentioned u r recommended by someone, it's better cos u can ask for good bargains like extra pics n more.

Dun have to worry abt the promo period, cos even if u dun sign on the spot, the promo still stands..so if u r wondering if they will be pushy by saying one day offer only, then no worries. But they will be v. persuasive to get u to take up their offer so maybe ur hubby may not like that too much. But i think it all boils down to u both enjoying the bargaining process. Xiaopei doesn't really push and can be very accommodating...weather it's price-wise(pkg price too high) or package-wise( u want to add more things in) bargaining. So just enjoy urself. e.g. My package is MTM for both EG & WG so if i take OTR, i asked for pics in exchange (otherwise cash offset also can) but of course pics more worth it lah.

Abt the photographers, U can get ur coordinator to book the better photographers for u but u may have to take ur PS earlier. Not too sure abt actual day thou' cos that's not in the package. It was recommended to me that Sam takes good outdoor shots. I think their make-up artists r still available, but different artists have different style so it's best to get the coordinator to tell u. I told Xiao pei i wanted the natural look so she booked Angeline for me(If I remember correctly).

Happy Bargaining and good luck!

icy

Hi catz, fang,
thanks for the information.

Oct Pooh, I have the same worry as yours but my hubby kept telling me not to worry too much as the MRT will be ready and make it accessible by then... hai.... but still this problem will keep appearing back in my mind.

Bobomagic, thank you so much for the information, i will let you know after i visit them this weekend. hopefully it will turn out to be a good meeting... "finger cross"

fang

hi all,

i was informed by my coordinator that although i was given 60 passes but the carpark in rasa can only hold 130 lots after opening to the beach. and it is for guests plus my wedding guest plus another couple wedding guests.

and it is based on a first come first serve basis. so if the carpark is full, guests were be directed to the parade sq carpark.

so headache on transport. sigh! and worst, the car passes to park at rasa and to park at parade sq is the same pass. and on the pass it iindicate to park at siliso beach. so you guys must provide the map to parade sq as well just incase guests got redirected.

and if it rains...then drama begins! coz parade sq got no shelter. and oh yes, i checked wif my coordinator on the red carpet and she said there are no plans to change yet.

fang

Hi Flyn,

i understand your ballroom is at Pavilion. was there a band at the coffee lounge playing? if so, can u hear from the ballroom itself?

coz i am having a band of my own and i hope that the noise will not clash.

fang

Hi Icy,

I am going down this sunday evening for the food tasting. When are you gg down? sat or sun?

Hmmm..maybe we can meet up.

B

bobomagic

Hi Fang

Yah, heard abt the beach front carpark as well. Plus visitors r also allowed to park there so it's not exclusive to wedding guests at all. Plus mine's on sch holidays so ppl who drive in to spend the whole day at the lagoon will not leave till 7 or something. Unless it rains... yikes... Either ways not good...Have to stop being such a worry pot cos i also keep thinking over abt the same thing...v. drama... even thou' my hubby say we try to encourage ppl to take the coach instead to lessen any parking woes.

fang

Hi bobomagic,

ya, i also dun want to think too much but as my wedding is approaching, i am starting to get all the worries and complaints
sad.gif

sometimes i wonder if we made the wrong choice. coz if we were to take somewhere in orchard, we won't be so fuss over the transport. sigh!

i called coordinator and they said this sunday there is a wedding at pavilion for 35 tables and she said parking at rasa should not be a problem.

i will see how things go and update you guys. hopefully the food is good!

bonnie

Hi all

Is Sentosa goin to close in June for her 3 year face lift??????????

pls advise? anyone heard abt this?

L

little lion

Hi Bonnie,

Sentosa will not be close lah - parts of the island will be going thru phases of upgrading... where did u get this info from??

B

bobomagic

Hi Fang

Same here...but this is definitely a small hitch as compared to how beautiful n special ur wedding will be.
bounce.gif
. So you definitely made the right decision. Plus since ur wedding is in Mar, weather will be good and parking wouldn't be a problem as compared to holiday periods...so cheer up...u are on ur way to having a spectacular wedding!! Yah n dun forget to update us!!

O

oct pooh

Hi Icy,

Yup....hope the MRT will be ready by then =) but one of my fren whose bf is working wif LTA....she was telling me to cross my fingers coz according to her bf...the MRT is still under testing n it's still quite problematic...so whether it will be ready by Mar/Apr....errrr....hard to say...

Hi Fang,

So tmr u will be gg for ur food tasting...muz share ur experience wif us k? but heard food tasting will oways turn out to be better than actual day...so me still tinking whether to go for food tasting when my wedding is near. If urs is free...then juz go for it...i still gota pay 50% though i booked 30 tables =(

I tink can ask ur frens (for those who r driving in) to come slightly earlier lor...to get parking lots 1st....a lot of my frens r keen to book hotel rooms owif Rasa on my wedding day....Fang, do u know wat's the rate now for guests to book rooms wif Rasa??

Dun woori much abt the weather.....dun tink it will rain in Mar.....ai zai =)

fang

Hi Bobomagic,

Thanks for your encouragement.
Yeah gonna check on the carpark tomorrow as well as the food. Dun worry guys...I will be on this forum even after i wed. nice to share my ups and lows with you all. cheers!!!

Hi Oct Pooh,

Yeah, i am gg for food tasting tmr and will update you all on the details as well as the decor for Pavilion. My food tasting is FOC as I booked it during the bridal show. As for the room rates, it is 160 Nett including breakfast for weekday. Sunday is considered weekday. Weekend is 180 Nett. Rasa will provide an insert on the hotel stay for your guests. So you can insert in it.

ok, i think i also don;t worry too much. Thanks all for your support.