SG Bridal in JB

storeberry

Hi nec, I am so sorry that I miss your post.

My PS was at JB, the outdoor shhot is st Sultan garden (JB)

PG is Kelvin

MUA is Jenny, I also engaged Jenny to do my makeup on AD.
happy.gif

All invited!

storeberry

HI nec, thanks! SUper busy this day! MY AD is drawing near, 2 May! nervous! Scared that things not done properly....

I engaged Jenny because like her makeup & more familiar than looking around for MUA.

storeberry

I think as the date draw near, I am becoming more & more nervous... Aiyo.. had two pimples that came out liao! Think was because of the two chicken wings that I had... Hee...

necrosis

hey hey dina,

dun stress...
keep cool.
go for relaxing spa stuff and be a gorgeous radiant bride!!!

congrats!!!*kiss kiss*

hdbanger

dina:

just go ahead and enjoy the day. and relax. just arrange proper with your kakis for the day, and let them do all the work for you.

and pimples, both me and my missus have them durin our photoshoot. if we get them on AD, also live with it. i've seen worse moments before, so i don't mind.

adnl2002

Hi everyone,
I have just went to SG bridal last wkend..
could anyone share what should we ask for before signing the pkg.

From what I read here, everyone is happy with SG bridal's service.

I'm still doubtful whether shall I sign up with them..

Really need your advices before we go in again this wkend...

Many thanks for all advices!!!

storeberry

Hi everyone! And thanks nec & HDbanger for your well-wishes!! I will remember to keep cool & relax till the BIG day!!! 5 more days till D-Day! Just that when I think that the day is nearing will feel jittery!

ADNL, yah so far I am happy with SG service, they made us feel at home even we had paid our dues. I think most packages are the same, you just need to ask for more poses & pages. The rest are more or less the same.
happy.gif

My photographer is Kelvin & VG I am getting Ian Kok from I-studio, highly recommended by some forummers here! Ian is also working closely with SG.

And invited you already!

hdbanger

adnl2002:

it all depends on what you need. if you go around to all the studios, and pick up the packages available, it gives you some idea of what you can have.

generally the JB studios give more than what you'd get in sg. the tradeoff is that the standard may not match on par, or even exceed what you'd get in sg. in areas like gown design, and maybe even photography style. and so, it's all correctly reflected in the prices offered.

once you have some idea what you want (eg how many gowns for PS, AD etc, how many pics you'd get), then you can shortlist the studios who'd make the cut, and then see if you can get a few extras by negotiating.

my missus and i will be in later today (28th apr) @ SGBridal, to do our outdoor shoot (pray the weather will hold). appt is 3pm, and we'd probably be done ard 5-6pm. anyone around can try see if can catch us while we do the makeup upstairs. name's lawrence & mandy. ivy handles us.

ciao, prep to head in again...

adnl2002

Hi HdBanger
thanks for the advices however it would be great if you could send your bridal pkg including who's the mua & PG to my email address mentioned? - Ivy handles us too..

Hi Dina
hmm..afraid not... ^_^
anyway could u further elaborate what's the invitation of the multiply for? i hve registered..but...???

hdbanger

ladies,

just back from JB. got my outdoor shoot done. thank goodness the weather held over the weekend.

need to rush out to work again, but will update when i settle down things tonite.

and as expected, i took about 3-4 hours deliberating on the picture selection. all in all we took more than 400 shots.

as it was dem difficult to choose the pics, i ended up with 105 pics in total. paid extra for the 4Rs, and finalized the 24 i needed for the package etc.

ADNL2002,

MUA is jenny, PG is kevin. you can read my field report in earlier posts.

package, i think i did mention somewhere in the thread too... can't rem offhand now.

as for multiply, you need an invite from her, like how friendster work.

dina,

i saw your framed wall poster (ready for collection? heh) while i was selectin my pics in one of the small room downstairs. nice.. 8)

hdbanger

ladies,

finally done my update, and also loaded up some pics after putting them thru my scanner. you can see them on my multiply site, using the same id as here. ie http://hdbanger.multiply.com

please excuse the bad quality, as i'm not a pro in gettin the perfect colour, and i just wanna help some uncertain ladies get a clearer picture of how a couple like us who went for simple clean shots with them ended up lookin like.

and, credit and copyright please, to the crew @ SGBridal, for makin both of us look good. we just basically played a happy pair of mannequins (provided we didn't get tire out).

and dina,

please stay relaxed, and happy for the day. even ivy and jenny said the same. heh. just enjoy the process, and hold the memories good in you. 8)

adnl2002

Hi Hdbanger
Saw your photos..NICE shots!
I think me and my FH saw you at SG last sat upstair!
I did try on a gown which my FH loves it v much before both of you returns..dunno whether u rem seeing us?

So u only develop 4R size? could you tell me if they return u the selected pics only and do they limit on the size for the selected pics?

Thanks!

hdbanger

ADNL2002,

well, if you hear a lot of noises comin from me and the staff, it's probably me. i dem casual and chirpy when doin the sessions. have to, else the shots will look terrible for my case. one of the draft pics showed me at my worst. heh.

but definitely, i was dem relieved that it's all done. my wife and i like can't wait to get out and be in casual clothes. heh.

i did see a few couples throughout the day. i was wonderin if i'd see anyone from here. maybe if you had asked ivy for me, she'd drag you along to present us to you. but yeah, think i saw a couple when i was back. left about 10 mins later rite?

for my case, i selected 105 shots. 24 of them will be for the albums. the rest of the 81, i pay them to develop 4R. my understanding is that only these 105 will return us as softcopy as well. to me it's something i'd probably wanna pass to my kids in future if i can.

i didn't want to take their upgrade option from 24poses x 10pages to 34poses x 15pages. simply because i wanna stick to my budget, and have as many beautiful pics as i can. my wife is quite adamant that we don't blow our expenses.

as for size, i don't really mind. the default pics size will be big enough, i guess. if they can edit, also good. quite a bit of work needed for my crater face.

hdbanger

treegirl,

i've taken the liberty to lump all the package info on my multiply site, to avoid repeatin to the subsequent enquirin brides-to-be.

as mentioned by rest, depends on what you want, and don't want. talk to the staff, and see if they can work out somethin for you...

dina,

congratz on your big day! and many many blissful years ahead.. share with us the moments for today if you can, heh. tia.

storeberry

Hi ladies!! I am back!! Super duper tired liao!!! But really glad that everything is over & I truly enjoyed the whole experience!!!

I particularly liked the video highlights of the morning session, really funny & my guests laughed till their stomach pain!! I think Ian from i-studio (JB) really did a GREAT job!!! He was humorous & he knows how to make my guests laugh when taking the video. Even my grandma was very amused by him! If you all need the contact feel free to PM me!

I also did a special event for my hubby & that was emotional!! I played a song on the keyboard for him after learning for 3 mths. My heart was beating sooooo fast!!!! Super nervous! But in the end all was worth it!! My hubby was very touched!!

And I want to rave about HIA service!! Food was great & service was perfect! Really worth our money~!

Jenny is reakky good!! She made me soo princessy & lovely!! And my eyes became sooo big after her make up!

necrosis

hey Dina,
now you are offcially a missus!!!
CONGRATS!!!
*kiss kiss*

OH, pls pm me the Ian from JB i-studio contacts?

so sweet that you actually went to learn the keyboard and played for your hubby!!! of course he will be ,moved lah!
happy.gif
*hugs*
so happy for you!!!
what song did you play?

can't wait to see your AD pics!!
CONGRATS again!!!!! :D

jenny is from SG bridal ?

hdbanger

nec:

thanks for invite.

jenny is the MUA who attended to dina through the entire course, and my missus for her PS.

both my missus and i agreed that she's competent in her job. both of us are at ease with what she'd do with our faces. my missus kinda regretted that she didn't hire jenny for the AD MUA, cos she already got someone else to do the job. and we're not sure if the AD MUA is able to do it just as well.

storeberry

Hi nec, Pm you liao!!!

Yah, thanks alot for your kind words!!! I played "Falling in love with you by Elvis Presley" (The Lilo & Sitch song). I also used this song in my wedding montage as well.

I have been busy, no time to drop by JB to look at the AD photos...

And thanks HDbanger for replying. Yes, Jenny is definitely very competent in her job. She do hair styling, make up, tie bridal car & also sewing!! She knows eveything man!

adnl2002

Hi dina,
it's really very coincidence me and my fth decided to go hotel searching last wed & thur..
are you the couple who held wedding dinner at holiday inn? I was really thinking hard and I saw your SG album..very beautiful! I liked the romantic ambience in the ballroom too.. hope you don't mind us looking ard..when the guy who attended to us,readily agreed to show us in..
we are searching for bridal and hotel at the same time..coz if we don't start doing it, we will never do it..

Congratulations!!! Our heartiest wishes!

storeberry

HI ADNL, didn't see you! Must come over & introduce mah.. Hee... Yah I held my wedding on wed & we were the only couple there so not as chaotic... Mine is Holiday In Atrium!

Oh so Holiday In people attended to you? Kenneth (the boss) from SG brides was my PG & ian from i-studio was there as well...
happy.gif

Thanks dear! Really such an coincidence!

rosel

<font color="aa00aa">hi HdBanger, i juz saw ur pics. very nice! ur wife is very beautiful.

how long b4 ur photoshoot did u go select the gowns and how long did the selection process take?

my photoshoot is on 29 jun but i have not done anything yet. when shld i go select gowns? im gettin fatter cos i binge when i'm stressed up. recently wrk n studies has been getting the better of me.

have u guys seen the news lately? im a lil worried abt the security in JB but since i've signed up for the pkge, i'll juz have to go ahead wif it.</font>

hdbanger

ps: pardon the long reply, everyone. in a pensive mood, and said a bit more...

rosel:

thanks. she's actually like all other girls on the streets when in plain casual gear. like i said, credit to SGBridal staff (jenny) for doin a good job. anyway, all brides will look beautiful. but most important, it's from the heart. the joy will make every bride special in their own way.

i mentioned the whole process in the blog portion of the site (since i figured everyone will ask the same questions i did when i took the journey).

gown selection can be done anytime when you want to do the shoot. but a day (at least half a day) was needed to get the 7 gowns altered and ready for my missus, as she's the small size type (imagine jc girl size).

we did our selection the day before the studio shoot. the selection process took my missus about 3-4 hours. as the style she wanted, and what sgbridal initially brought out, didn't match. took both parties a while to get the selection process going. once the staff got an idea of our preferences from those gowns we shortlisted (but not confirmed), they subsequently brought out the relevant types.

so you decide when you want to pick the gowns, and make an appt with them to view their wardrobe. but have an idea of the style, or pattern, you want. it'd help the staff a great deal, and save a bit of time for everyone. else the first hour will be blind gropin for a good feel.

as for security.. both of us went in by foot (ie SBS bus, customs, jb taxi), as my van is not allowed into m'sia. we didn't encounter any probs. most important, is to dress simple, look simple, and watch over belongings. we just each packed a backpack of our own overnight stuff.

also, we booked the hotel next to sgbridal (hotel crystal crown). and when not doin shooting (esp at night), we just stayed inside the room, watch tv, and ordered room service. we only went out with my missus' family and their friends when they came into jb by cars, and in groups. for supper. the other place we ventured on our own, is jusco tebrau. by cab.

as for outdoor shoot, if you don't drive, kevin/kenneth will drive you to the outdoor location, so no worries.

my missus is currently goin thru a bad case of gastric, due to the stress from work, and domestic matters. lost a bit of wt again. lucky i'm handlin almost all the weddin planning on my own (except for aesthetics like flowers, colours, and the honeymoon). so less thing for her to worry. i'd expect a small alteration to happen again when she fits for the AD gowns (we've already made our selection from the last visit).

even then, we're not about to let everything else affect the wedding plans. if we gotta marry each other with pimples on our faces, so be it. there's no law that says it must be (or will be) perfect on the day itself. so why make life difficult for ourselves? some of the pics came out well, simply because we just hang loose, and have some fun in the studio, which eased everyone, and helped kevin capture some nice shots.

so, just relax, and let things flow. then less binging, and wt can be controlled easier. only when you relax for the whole process, then you can pick out the right gowns, and do the good poses, and good pictures. nevermind even if there were a few glitches along the way, which we also encountered. i get to laugh at some of my ugly crater shots, horrible smile. my missus get to shriek in horror at my permed hair (which went wrong in my stylist's hands, and captured for eternity in studio shots). these are memories.

hope it gives you some clearer idea, and ease your worries.

hdbanger

ling:

3 star hotel.

top end room cost above 100 sing per nite. my missus tried out once, thinkin it'd be a nice suite. end up just a bigger room space, and a few extra amenities. but same tub, same basin. even same tv (think it's a 26"). bed is king size.

as for the smaller ones, i think about 70 sing per nite. booked them online, via the hotel's own site, and marimari. come with complimentary breakfast.

hope it helps.

ling09_09

hdbanger

thanks for ur info..

so perhaps i tink juz stay at e norm wan ca alrdy rite..since there's not much diff..

btw.. will i be able to select the photos on e same day after the PS, or the next day? e photos r without design rite?

i'm tinkin on doin it on the same day to save e troube of goin dwn again.. heehee

hdbanger

ling:

both of us are not fussy with rooms. so long as the basic stuffs are there (aircon, shower, bed, tv), we'd get our rest for the night. some people who are particular (eg my ex-gf) may have some grouses.

photos... viewing for next day. the photos are without design (taken directly from the cam). after picking the ones you want, they'd do the editing.

when my studio shots were done by 7pm, the earliest i could see them was next day by noon. and that was about 300 pictures. so i think it's only fair to spare them a day to develop them into the printed sheets.

ling09_09

hdbanger:

Is ur PS done on a saturday, n pic selection on a sunday? cus i call ivy, askin her if my PS is done on a saturday, can i select e pics on sunday but she say cant be done.. earliest will be tuesday.. as they need time to do e editing...

and whats e range to take a taxi frm e customs to the bridal shop.. it will b my 1st time doin that..

hdbanger

ling:

i went in on good friday weekend. long weekend. gown selection and bride's family photoshoot on friday itself. somewhere between 3pm - 7pm.

then sat itself, the shoot begins. 10.30am - 7pm for the studio shoot. i gave them advance warning sayin i'd be wantin to take a look at the pics on sun, before i return to sg. and if possible, to select the ones needed for the album.

quite a rush, but i wanted to settle everythin in a weekend. and it didn't work out that way.

bad weather shelved the outdoor shoot, and i completed it 3 wkends later. and then i picked the pics all in a go. outdoor @ JB in evening, fin by 7pm.

next day noon, they managed to rush out the outdoor pics for me (the studio ones were ready for viewin by then).

perhaps they are on heavy workload, so they can't get your pics out fast enough. mon's their off-day. so it's tues earliest for your case.

the editin they mentioned about, is addin some basic effects on the pics (eg the reflection for the rose garden shot in my draft collection). and the colour tones of the pic.

taxi... i paid 8 bucks per trip there (again i'm not the hagglin type). just tell them hotel name, and they'd know. on and off i had a nice guy who charge me 6. you can just take it at the corner of the coffeeshop (i think it's after exitin the underpass). the other place is at city square, on the road headin back to customs. there's also a taxi queue (red body, yellow top).

don't take those private car types, that typically charge you about 20 to clear the customs in quick timing. they hang out just right after the exit of the customs as well. they are probably only worth it if you go as group of 4-5.

storeberry

Hi Helen, I have invited you!!

Sheryl, yah it was really unforgettable for us!! My frens wa telling me how they enjoyed the morning highlights by Ian!! Really hilarious &amp; different from the normal wedding dinner!!

Hope you will find Ian good!

ling09_09

hdbanger.

how do u get ur draft pic which uploaded on ur multiply's site? u brought along a disc to copy or wat?

sigh, i din manage to complete all my photoshoot cus of the bad weather..

hdbanger

ling:

as mentioned on the blog, i ditched the 100x4R, and the 50xbookmarks. didn't feel any practical use. and in return, ivy allowed me to take the printouts home. plus a tabletop pic. i went with her suggestion.

what you saw, were a few scanned images from the printouts. in all due fairness to ivy, and to my missus (since she didn't like too much exposure), i did it at a low resolution, just giving a rough idea of what to expect.

as for photoshoot, like i said before, pray for smoothness, and good weather. i didn't the first time around, and my folks chided me a little. second time, it all fell into place.

also a quick correction for rest of ladies. in my haste, i made a calculation error. it was only 369, and not 469 shots for my shoot. 238 studio, and 131 outdoor. my apologies.