Senja Green , HDB August 08 BTO

princessie

Hi all,

saw the release of this batch of HDB flats yesterday. Was wondering if anyone here will be applying for this?

The location seems abit ulu, but it's the only BTO that's released for CCK/Bukit Panjang Area.

Anyone living ard the area can give advise on the location/amentities etc?

Thanks!

mandychen

Hi Princessie, I had also saw this batch of HDB flats. I guess till this end of the year, the is the only west side area they are launching for BTO flats. From the map, i can see there is a railway track in-front .. how near will it be, i'm not too sure but most properly will go there & view the location ..

chrislow

Hi all,

i have applied for this BTO, it is located near and opposite 10 mile junction at bukit panjang.
i applied it on the 1st day of launch,now so many ppl applied it, dunno if got any chance..
sad.gif

Senja Green
Bukit Panjang N6 C9
(Standard Contract)
2-room avail 96 units $82,000 - $106,000 ppl applied- 8
3-room avail 94 units $138,000 - $170,000 ppl applied -38
4-room avail 284 units $211,000 - $270,000 ppl appliec -664

Updated as at 28 Aug 12 noon

There is not much blockage,thus it will be popular. it consist of 2units of 25 storey and 2 units of 31 storey building.

It is also not near to the railway tracks

mandychen

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your update. I had applied too. Glad to hear it's not near the railway tracks .. you also apply for 4rm?

chrislow

yup, i also applied for 4rm. when did u log in to apply? hope tat we are able to get a gd queue no.
i prev applied for the segar one, but the no was lousy left all the low floors...

mandychen

i just applied yesterday. I also hoped to get a gd queue no .. this is not the 1st time i submit for house .. think at least 4 times .. hahaha .. i'm damn suai ..

princessie

wow, seems like it's popular! im surprised, cuz bukit pangjang is kinda ulu and location not that fantastic. the only thing i liked is that it is not blocked and hopefully the units will have lotsa wind! haha. the only boo is the chinese temple nearby, hope wont be too dusty.

this is my first time applying it!! hope can get queue number. as of now, i haven submit my application, cuz SO wanna check out the HDB Hub first. haha.

chrislow

for me, i am qualified under tis MCPS scheme i guess...first -timer,staying near parents...
The take-up rate is high leh, quess becos it is nearby to shopping area like bt panjang plaza and 10 mile junction. Tat one is not a chinese temple, but is called Soka Association and its not tat nearby.

As at today 800++ ppl have oredi submitted their application to apply the 4rm which has onli 284units.....haiz.....chances look slim
sad.gif

Just hope for the best then....

jaster

hahaa.. it's kinda expected that the response is pretty good lah given it's location. There will be a MRT line ready in year 2015 or 2018 bah..

We are applying for it. Have gone down to take a look at the site and my FH love it! Haaa..

bbdc

JFYI... I am staying @ Senja Grand..

"There is not much blockage,thus it will be popular. it consist of 2units of 25 storey and 2 units of 31 storey building."
NOTE : 1 Side is facing Senja Grand. The other side unblock.

"It is also not near to the railway tracks."
NOTE : IT IS VERY NEAR. Just cross 1 street. From my flat, everyday the train pass-by with a loud horn. Try be here from 8pm to wee hours. Go on and count the number of horns you can hear. Btw i can hear them as i am @ high lvl.Not sure if Ground level can hear or not?

"the only thing i liked is that it is not blocked and hopefully the units will have lotsa wind"
NOTE : 5 years staying in Senja Grand. Almost 10mths felt like suana. NO WIND. Envy those staying @ 4 rm.

"Soka Association and its not tat nearby."
NOTE : from soka to "" Senja Green" 5-7min Walk.

sugarsweet

Hi all

There will be 2 new rental flats within the same development.

Any suggestions or comments?

By the way, can anyone advice how accessible is Senja Green e.g travelling to town area or east side of sg?

princessie

mandy: yeah, i am under MCPS. first timer applicant. hopefully can get a good queue number... but seems hard cuz the applicants are now more than 1K liaos. hais.

chris low: we shall pray hard! haha.

mike tan: which side is facing senja grand? isit the one nearer the temple? there's no wind at all? as for the railway, i think should be able to hear the trains la, after staying there for sometime should get used to the noise also.

Lisa: i thot the rental flats are a little waste of space, cuz the block of flats like can only occupy so little people. i'd rather that 2 blocks be converted to nornal HDB flats!

princessie

i think senja green is not really tat accessible at this point in time. maybe there might be more bus services along woodlands road after the flats are done.

chrislow

ya lor, the no of applicants for 4rm hit 1225 oredi...pray hard those who applied early and also have mcps have a slightly higher chance of getting a better queue no.

Wonders how the balloting system works internally...all to pray hard then, left 29 days to release of results...

princessie

ya lo. maybe it works like how the toto gets their winning numbers. but depends on the ethnicity ratio also rite? still got 1 more week b4 closing and now already 1200 ppl apply. hais..

sugarsweet

Where are you all currently staying?

Im staying with my PIL in the east of sg, almost for 1 year already. Still no news of a new flat. Had been trying for 3 years! Every application, I'm out of the so call 100%. Don't even had the chance to reject offer. Haha...

If being selected for this time round, dont know if its good news for me? Too far from PIL, issue of visiting as well as taking care of BB when the time comes.

sugarsweet

Question to raise.

How come nowadays, BTO project takes so long to built? It used to take 3-4 years, now is like 4-5 years.

Cannot imagine if Im planning to have 2 kids within these 4 years, how to squeeze together in a bedroom.

mandychen

Hi Lisa, I'm currently staying with my in-laws in the west. I had been applied for one of the BTO flat at Seng kang last year but reject it due to far distance from work .. haiz .. after that, i had never get a good Q number .. I think maybe because there are alot of on-going projects going on for the BTO projects .. that's why time taken are longer bah ..

princessie

hi Lisa, im staying the the west area, you can say about 2km away from the SEnja Green BTO. this is my first time applying for flat, so not sure if i will get a good queue number. nowadays the BTO all in sengkang/punggol area. if i cant get a new flat in the west, most prob i will go for resale already.

i think the HDB is actually controlling the release of the flats, so that there is a demand, hence can give a high price for those flats. anyways, i think BTO projects usually complete 1 yr b4 the estimated time. hope that helps!

sugarsweet

Hi Mandy

We all have to keep on trying. There is many out there also trying very hard to get a flat. Hope our luck gets better.

sugarsweet

Halo Princessie

Usually those staying near parents have a higher chance.

Buying resale is expensive, especially when seller ask for cash. Also we have to spend more $ on giving commission to agent, renovation...etc. Good point is can choose your choice unit, near parents or of a better location.

princessie

hi lisa,

yeah. i agree got other misc costs to think about. but old flats are usually bigger, and with the 40k grant if you stay near parents, actually work out, u still gain a little.

impt to do the calculations b4 embarking on it. hehe. i need to find time to do mine!! too busy recently to do it.

Mandy, hope you can get a good queue number soon. isit true that those who try many times but dont get flat, have more chances for balloting the q number?
which area you looking at, lisa?

mandychen

Hi Princesie, i'm also not too sure but really hope they can look into it. I have sumbit quite a couple of ballot but also because those areas are popular, that's why chances are lesser. Haiz ..

sugarsweet

Halo Princessie

Im looking at the east side as PIL staying there, but dont think there will be any release of flat from that area. The most, they will just release a limited number around mature estate during the Oct half yearly sale. But then, most are repurchase flat or of lower floors. There will sure be thousands of applicants competing for it.

Think if can get a good queue number for Senga Green, can go for it. Better amenities, facilities in years to come.

bbdc

princessie (princessie) ..
sorry late reply.. stay 629-631 side..
all 5 rm face inside the "park" all 4 room
along 629-631 and oppsite 625-627(5rm)
enjoy wind all year round... for my side..
everyday must on fan.. certain mth even
have to on aircon..629-631 5rm and 625-627 4rm..
(no wind..) ya used to it liao.. very used to
the horn.. but my kids wake up.. haiz...
slowly lesser also. they also used to it liao..
"i hope"

In case i mis-read your post.. Senja Grand is
tt 6 block of flats. where u see the NTUC and
coffeeshop.. That senja grand...

princessie

wow, thanks Mike for the informative post! if get a good queue number, im sure to refer to your map and advice to choose the one with best location. heee.

Mandy, any chance of appealing to HDB since you already tried so many times but always dont get good number?

Lisa, i agree with u. hopefully with the downtown line, the area will be more accessible. went to recce the area on saturday nite, i must say that it's really windy up in the higher floors at senja grand. think block 626. haha. but then it was raining at that time, so maybe only have wind when the rain is approaching.

the application deadline is tmr! hope we all can get a good ballot number ya. All the best to all. btw, when will the results be out?

bbdc

np.. now consider "windy" period.. just some how.. the wind does not wanna go into my unit.. well.. anyway good luck too all...

princessie

chris, you applied too? best of luck man. if i get a 4digit q number i will buy 4d with it. haha.

mike, yours is the 5room block? how old are senja grand flats? 5yrs?

chrislow

Hi all,

For info i received the letter informing me of my application yesterday and they indicated that the results will be out on mid Oct....
Today;s the last day for application le...1700 applicants, if can get realli like kena 4-d liaoz
Best of luck to all who hve applied

bbdc

ya.. 5 yrs.. can;t rmb the coy who build the flats.. suck... falling ceiling, came out on tv also.. seems to me, they are painting the block every year.. now 5 years liao.. not sure if they going to paint again next year or what? leaking toilet.. my unit leak to below unit in less than 1-3 years... heng under warranty. if not pay a big bomb.. so far no flooring issue like pungol/sengkang last few years.

sun_tan

Hihi,
Applied for Senja Green too. Haa applied on the 1st day and after application, i checked the status and there are only 6 applications for 4 rm..KS right..too bad it doesnt come with teh first come first serve thingy..lol..anyway 1k+ application think ok le. The last time we applied for JW, out of 400+ units, there are 5k+ applications! And our queue no is 2500+..faint..hopefully this time round would be good.

As for location wise, i think its quite good, cos its beside the main road and not very far from bukit panjang interchange. I am currently staying at Hillview. The railway tracks is practically behind our condo..so am used to the train's noise and honk alr.

Keep finger cross..

princessie

wah.. sounds like really hard to get a good number. at least this time the total application about 1.7K lor. pray hard. haha.

kristen86

Haha, MC, is urs as bad as mine?

Anyway, I still feel ok lah, just haf 2 get resale lor. Mayb liddat we can get married earlier? Cos 2013 is quite far away. Somemore now economy no gd, my dad who is a housing agent said tt if it continues, might b able to get a gd price for resale. =)