Sengkang Rivervale 150 series (Chip Huat Construction)

Trekker,

the noise probably only affects the other half of the estate since I don't hear it either.

It's the construction of HDB branch office at the carpark...that's Blk 156A, right?

Now...what can we do about the silly planes that fly by...
happy.gif

I don't remember haulage either...

trekkerb

Hi Justina,

I think $300 is fine esp with hacking wall roped in. You have PE papers for hacking the walls?

Ben/DJ,

Guess I dun hear on my side, however some annoying ppl kept shouting in the middle of the night. Like some heated argument.

mr_ben

Hi Trekker,
You are a pretty lucky guy. The noise is driving my CO (wife) up the wall which in turn driving me up the wall too! Can't wait for it to be over!

Hey Trekker,

I forget which unit your's is but I can tell you, I have noisy neighbours too who also quarrel a lot (in cantonese). I always hear them through the kitchen air-well... And in Dec, if you were at home, there was this crazy guy who sounded like he was taking apart someone's gate!

Anyway, read this article in straits times today and there's this guy from LTA who oversees our area... does anyone know why we don't have a covered walkway to link the LRT to our cluster?

I know don't lah...but wrote to LTA to ask...if I do hear from them, I'll post back.

mr_ben

Hi Trekker,
Hope i am wrong but think got to wait till the year of the next election then we will see the covered walkway!

Hey!

Just wondering if any of your bedroom door knobs squeak or is hard to close. Or have you changed your door knobs. I'm thinking of changing ours cos it noisy and stiff but I'm wondering if I can just change the knob or do we have to change the whole door!

Thank! :)

Happy New Year!

spyder

hi all..

my doors are okay for me so far since i dont use the knobs often.. they are mostly left open.. windows wise, there's one room where i have problem closing the windows completely..

anyways, just in case you guys start changing the tubes to your lighting, try to get it elsewhere other than rivervale mall if possible.. i was sourcing for my replacement tubes, i saw the mall selling @ $21 per piece, got mine @ $12 in town at those normal shops.. doubled the price here.. scary!!

LTA did reply afterall...but it's not their tai chee (copy & paste) FYI

We would like to explain that the Land Transport Authority (LTA) provides
covered linkways to major transportation nodes, such as MRT/LRT stations
and bus interchanges, and linking them to bus shelters, taxi stands and
passengers pick up/drop off points. We also provide covers over pedestrian
overhead bridges (POBs) that can be connected to nearby bus shelters via
covered linkways. This is to facilitate convenient and safe inter-modal
transfers for the vast majority of Singaporeans, taking public transport.

Covered linkages between HDB blocks to bus shelters and MRT stations within
your estate are generally considered by either the HDB or town council.
Nevertheless, by copy of this email, we are forwarding your suggestion to
Housing Development Board/ Town Council for their consideration.

We thank you for writing in.

Here's an email update I received from HDB (looks like they really are working!):

Thank you for the enquiry which was redirected to the Pasir Ris - Punggol
Town Council.
We have called for tender in late 2007 to construct a covered linkway from
Blocks 152/153 Rivervale Crescent to the LRT Station. The physical
construction was delayed due to some technical issues.
We are expecting the construction work to commence within the next 1 month.

Looks like more noise for us but I guess in the long run is for everyone's benefit. Now I'm wondering if this construction coincides with that of the HDB branch office at our MSCP! ;)

trekkerb

I think windows are juz bad workmanship. They are mis-aligned in a bad way. Some of them cant close properly.

The hardware store @ rivervale mall is really expensive, to the extent it's scary.

Saw the area covering, guess dun have to wait till the next election. :D

spyder

Next Election can fight for lowering of Conveyance Fees ma?? :p

Hope the work would be carried out and completed soon.. The construction of the HDB branch office is very noisy..

For those of you who are lucky to be out at work during the day....it's super noisy here!!!
happy.gif
Drilling, all sorts of metal falling on the ground sounds and the sounds of big trucks etc etc... Hope my boy manages to get his nap!

One day I'll ask the foreman when the works is slated to be completed.

cta

Hi all,
I am a postgraduate student from NUS, my current research is moulds growth in HDB estates. I am still looking for case study now. If anyone of you have a black, green, white, pink stains in anywhere in your indoor, its probably moulds attack your house. I can give some suggestion how to avoid them forever and not only cleaning up every weekend and the next day they show up again. So please contact me if you have those stains....
Cheers
Indira

spyder

wow.. thats a good link etnt.. normally, i called in to complain.. ha.. anyways, so far so good, nothing damaged other than the bulbs that blew but after they changed it, the lighting timings seems very funny.. on entire day time.. switches off between 2am till 9am..

Anyone know who I can complain to about screaming children at the playground after 9pm?

GRRRR....*bangs head on wall* Who are their parents? I actually have a sneaky feeling that they don't even live in this estate.

Do you think I can get the playground to have "opening hours"? We had that overseas...

*blood pressure hits the roof*

If you see a crazy person telling the children off at 9:30...erm...it wasn't me.
happy.gif

trekkerb

I think u can call the police after 10pm, if I'm not wrong (but dun quote me on this). Any time below that is "legal" time.

I called up the police when I was staying in my previous estate due to the Getai during hungry ghost festival. They literally max the speakers, u cant even hear what's coming from ur radio or TV. That's for the noise pollution.

Were you at home last night? There was an event downstairs and the whole afternoon before the event started they max the speakers! And it went on till 10:30pm...grrr....

spyder

i think it was some event for the residents for last night's event.. over @ 155, so didnt really hear it.. :p our side, we have a crazy family who loves to shout and quarrel with each other after 11pm often.. very irritating..

trekkerb

I thought it was some Malay wedding or something going on. All the songs were in Malay.

Need to get out of the house during weekends. grrrr.....

No lah, it was some RC event. They were very proud that it was RC event and so they have every right to blast the music. Yes, I had a little chat with them...

Trekker,
you can get out lah, but my baby still needs to nap at home!
sad.gif

g_apple

Hi

Anyone using the gas heater facing any problem?
My heater will go "BONG" very loud when u turn on the water and it is taking longer to heat the water and usually towards the end the water is cold!

we had called then to chk but they say is norm wear & tear tt cause the loud "BONG" and will not affect the performance
sad.gif

trekkerb

Green Apple,

It's fairly common to hear the "Bong" sound. Mine has that. It takes awhile before you get hot water. Guess could have taken storage heater instead. Save more I reckon.

Trekker,
shows you don't have a baby. :p If you hear a baby crying...probably mine! He can't stay in the stroller for more than 10 minutes. I wish I had one of those kuai kuai babies who seem to be able to do everything (eat, sleep, drink milk, be entertained) in their strollers...mine wants to be carried.

Green Apple,
I've always had that 'bong' sound whenever I turn on the hot water - from day one. Mine does take a while (2 - 3 mins) to heat up but once it's hot, it stays hot. Mine's on to the max and it's on all the time... ya, considering all things, maybe an electric heater would be better.

Trekker,
I grew up using storage heater, that thing took like 10 mins to heat up before I could shower. My parents came for a visit and they turned on the "water heater" switch and left it on for a while...I saw it and asked that what they were doing...it's not connected to anything!
happy.gif

g_apple

HI Trekker/ DJ - I had the BONG sound since day one too but this time is really loud like a mini explosion! The other day, as my hubby was bathing, I was looking at the heater... when it went BONG, I could see the flame of fire as high as the heater top (the top cover of my heater is gone) so u can imagine how big the flame is! I off the gas immediately and had called for servicing.

I am waiting for the new Rinnai 8liter gas heater fr Japan which is suppose to be shipped in Apr but now is delayed. Worst case I will settle for their 5 litre heater which they had stop production.

It jus too troublesome to boil water to bathe everyday esp hv 2 little ones at home

trekkerb

DJ,

Nope... thanks goodness, I dun have one.

Well, it's not like "Comes in assorted models, Batteries not included" where I can pick one up from Carrfour or something.

I dun mind a kuai kuai one but let nature takes its course.

I understand that you heat up the water & water will remain hot for the next few hours. My friends juz switched it on when they are back from work & switched it off 30mins later & viola.. hot water for the whole night. Interesting from wat I see, esp I see my gas bill skyrocketing every month from the little hot water showers I take.

:D

Trekker,
I guess it does stay hot for a while but I usually just turn it off. Wait...memories coming back...ya, usually my mom would say, "I just turned it off (after her shower), don't have to turn it on again!"
happy.gif
It's funny how we can remember what our mothers say. haha

You want to "crush test"? Hehe...for inspiration watch "crush test mommy" on ch 70. If you want a real life one, can come and see my baby. I'm not saying it's bad to have a child but you must really really want one if not I think it's too hard.

Since you're trying, i wish you all the best!!
happy.gif

ginger

Hi

I need a car pool from Rivervale to town daily (morning by 8.30am). Is anyone offering such services?

Please PM me. Thanks

g_apple

Trekker - my gas heater died! The 5 liter need to be ordered but the feedback is there are problem with the heater! I was told that the amt of gas used to heat the water for shower is 3X the amt we used to cook!
I had decided to replace that with 25L storage tank (veritcal model).

trekkerb

Just came back from my reservists.

Green Apple,
my gas bills are sky-high it's like 100% higher than national average. haiz..... looking to change to storage heater as well. Do let me know if it's cheaper to do storage.

trekkerb

My average SP bill is about $150.

Gas takes up to about $40. According to their national average, it's about 87, mine is like 230. Bear in mind that we dun do alot of cooking so it's the gas heater.

piper

talking about electricity bill....mine averages $130 to $140. Only with the recent increase in electricity tarrifs did my bill reach $150!!

I don't use gas at all...my water heater is the ariston electric storage tank and my stove is also running on electricity. During weekdays, there's no one at home during the day and we on the air con daily. I seldom cook...mostly boil water to make coffee, tea & milk.

So is my bill considered high?

g_apple

HI

My bill is abt $80 - $90 per mth when I use gas heater. But I seldom on the aircon as my boys are very prone to runny nose if they slp in aircon for 2 - 3 nites continuosly.

My gas usage was also higher than national average considering i only cook 1 or 2 time a week!

My electrical and water usage is below average.

Dj444 - why your bill so high?? U on aircon everyday?

Treker - I will monitor my bills and let u kn.

rvc15x

Hi DJ,

My bill also abt $150~$180 initially but rose up to $200~$220 since last year.
considering using ariston electric storage tank for shower and gas for cooking @ least twice a day.
Aircon a couple of hours nightly and fans are on close to 24hours daily.

With the recent heat wave I think my bills gonna rise again.

spyder

Hi Everyone.

I see the increase in prices due to higher tariffs and global warming has increased everyone's bills.

So far, mine is closest to Green Apple.. $80-$90 per month. How come no one consider those instant heaters? Does it cost a lot more?

spyder

Trekker,

I dont actually do anything. The only difference I guess is I am on instant heaters, I seldom on the aircon. Water wise, I actually use quite sparingly.. :p Dont save much there. We cook 3-4 times a month.. Only me and my wife.

g_apple

Trekker - jus rec'd my bill for May. It was a big JUMP!! From the previous $80 to $100!!

This is the biggest bill I rec'd since I moved in

I am not sure if it is due to the storage tank or the heat wave... we on the aircon more often last mth.
My electricity and water consumption went up almost 100%!

trekkerb

Haiz.... mine went from 140 to 170 (close to 180) Bleh.... Dun think it's due to the storage tank. On the whole, it seems that the electricity bills went up on a whole.