Sengkang Rivervale 150 series (Chip Huat Construction)

spyder

brambles > bingo. you are right. those full stops. i dunno what bugs they are, but they do grow in numbers if you dont control. at one point of time, i wiped all my walls to rid them, but somehow, some managed to survive and re-appear.. sigh.. the spiders are all over the place too.. now its KILL IF I SEE.. sigh.. though i dont like killing..

hamster72

hi brambles n spyder, my brother came to my house and saw those little bugs. he said those might be woodlice. Have u heard of that?

I did a search on google. according to some websites, woodlice is harmless. they survive in moist condition, esp moisture in woodwork. But the pics of woodlice i saw are so big, doesn't look like it leh, unless the picture is magnified many time.

Any comments?

those little dots could be springtails.

other than the existence of those little black dots, do you guys have little holes appearing on ur walls too??? i suspect they could the culprits for the little holes on my hse wall.

some information of springtails i got from a website:

"Springtails are very tiny insects, 1 to 2 mm in length. They have short antennae, chewing mouthparts and typically have a forked appendage at the end of their abdomen which enables them to jump several inches. Because of their ability to jump, springtails can be confused with true fleas. True fleas are flattened from side to side and are very hard-bodied, making them very difficult to kill by crushing. Springtails are more rounded and soft-bodied and are easily crushed.

Springtails are usually associated with dampness and organic debris, feeding on algae, fungi, and decaying vegetable matter. They can be found in many different habitats. They live outdoors in soil, leaf litter, and rotting wood. In homes, they can be found especially in bathrooms, basements, and kitchens or in the soil of houseplants.

The presence of springtails indoors indicates excessive moisture; either a leak, condensation, or an accumulation of water due to heavy rains or snow melt. Springtails are attracted to lights and may enter through cracks, crevices or under lighted doorways."

according to another website, springtails are unable to survive in dry conditions. so let us hope and pray that their existence are temporary as our hot season coming.

brambles

hi innocent war, yup!!! i also notice mysterious holes appearing on the walls and was just thinking to myself whether i was plain unobservant or what not to have noticed those holes before... so now i know.

hmmm... so you're saying that the hot sunny weather can 'kill' the springtails'? btw... are springtails black? cuz i occasionally catch some bigger red coloured insects that looks gross

esp

Hi ben, yap.. you are right abt the Ge tai. Its practically i can hear every single words of the songs they sing. Tonight is peaceful though. Last night was bad!!

Springtail ? never heard abt this insect before. I must start checking my walls.

spyder

eh.. 'ge tai' ?? where ?? our area ?? didnt hear anything..

anyway, does hdb warranty against the holes in the walls??

hi brambles, from what i've researched from the internet, there are about 650 species of springtails with varying colors, either enlongated or globular in shape and under 0.2 inched in length...

so not sure the bigger red coloured insects are family of springtails or they're some other kind of insect... think the red coloured insects aso exist at my house... irritating pest, aint they?

trekkerb

erm.... Our place become forest already?

Got bats, spiders, springtails, frogs, crickets & god knows what else.....

Scary thought ehh..

Hello Everyone!

Happy New Year!
happy.gif

Daisy, thank you for remembering me. I was in Singapore in Dec/Jan. But I was sick half the time , away some of it and yes, I've started on my reno. I'm assuming that it's still going on. Probably right now, they are waiting for HDB to rectify some cracked wall tiles in the kitchen before proceeding with the carpentry. Managed to get HDB to do the screeding foc since we put in the request a few days before the 1-yr deadline.

Last I heard, aircon is in, painting, and flooring also done. And lights are in. But we haven't seen any of it, hope everything looks fine. Guess since we're not around to monitor the situation, we only hope that the work is "okay" lor.

It's quite disconcerting to read about the water leakage problems and pest problems. I wonder if a fumigation of the area would help. I'm super super scared of insects...can't get close enough to them to kill them!

Right now, when I see a bug, I just use masking tape to tape it down and my husband will take care of it when he comes home. If it's all over the wall, I really don't know what to do man.

Meanwhile, I'll just ask the contractor to see if there are any water leakage problems.

We lost our keys to the electrical box in the home...is it easy to pick?
happy.gif

Met our neighbours during the few times we visited our apt. It's quite funny really, at first they had quite a bit of stuff on the outside landing between our apts and at the stairway. Now, there's still quite a bit of stuff, but they try to keep it on "their half" of the landing...except for the one-seater sofa. But I guess, if they don't mind, we can share that :p

Hope to be back 3rd/4th qtr this year. Hope to meet up with you all again...Also hope that there will be a sheltered walkway from our cluster of flats to the LRT station.
happy.gif

May you all have a smooth year ahead!

daisylove

Hi DJ,

Happy New Year too!
happy.gif

Hmm... u must be back to US now. If not, can join us in the coming sch gathering.

Fortunate that you can still get the screeding done FOC, so who will be monitoring your renovation when you're away?

Ha ha... luckily you have your hubby to protect you against those insects.

Not sure whether the electrical box can be easily picked, haven't tried that. If not, it'll good to request for another key from HDB
happy.gif

Your neighbours really know how to make good use of space. My FIL saw that we have big space outside our house and asked us to place some plants. Of course, I rejected, I'm too lazy to take care of them....

I'm hoping for the sheltered walkway to be built too. I called last year and Town Council said they would be building it but till now no news...

Take care and hope to see you in the later part of the year!
happy.gif

trekkerb

Snowman,

At least it's not the next election.
happy.gif

Make us wonder where did our monthly $63.50 goes to? I understand we are the 2nd highest in SG.

hydeto

Hi guys, been quite some time since i visited here.

So many of you also have the bug thingy problem. I thot I am the only one. Spyder, I told u long ago right about this problem I have.
That time I went to homefix and bought a special insecticide and pray around my house and it manage to get rid a lot of them. But due to the raining seasons, they are like coming back.

BTW, wonder why they move the busstop to near the LRT station. Now i need to walk so far to take bus, shit man.

Hello Daisy,

Yes, I'm back in US now...my reno being monitored by my father in law. Has it been very noisy? I think they should be done by this week, depending on whether they can get the showerscreen.

Is this school gathering a big one? ...not bad, still meeting up.

My two neighbours, on my side, have plants along the coridor. I won't have any either cos they always die on me.

Hope they build the shelter soon...new FY's coming up!

See you December (hopefully), if not Jan.
happy.gif

spyder

hi ben, you mean you experience power failure or tripping 2 or 3 times a week?? most probably something in your home is overloaded or some electrical wiring problem.. do seek professional help.. for mine, its just this once instance other than the entire block tripping case last year.. i do not know if this round is my unit only or entire block becoz we were back late that evening..

mr_ben

Hi all.
I am going to write a letter to our town council telling them on some AFIs (area of improvement)
Please add in if you have more comments

1. The rubbish bin should not be put in the 1st floor of the MSCP. It is a fire hazzard and due to the poor ventilation, the lift lobby always have a foul smell.

2. The lift at my block is very dirty and notice that there are some dirt stain for quite a number of days before it is removed.

3. The lift at the MSCP is poorly maintained and there is even a case of urine not cleared up till at least 2 days later.

4. The lift at my block has been on "test" for quite some time. Think someone forgot to changed the mode back.

5. Some of the plants in the walkway has already fallen for at least 2 weeks but yet it is not cleared.

Please contribute if you have anything to say. Will summit this letter at the end of the month.

spyder

hi mr ben.

i support you for the requests for improvements. at the same time, i think the shelter from the lrt station to the blocks have been put back as i thot someone mentioned it was in their schedule for end of 2006. till now, i still dont see any upgrades going on. another issue i would like to raise up is the lighting at carparks which are off quite early in the mornings, making the carpark very dark and quite dangerous.. other than that, common problems which i think cannot be resolved are smokers in the lifts.. thanks once again..

Hello Trekker,

so coincidental, I just thought of checking the forum now...

Do you have a baby on the way?
happy.gif

We have one. He was born 2+ months ago. By the time we come back, he probably can crawl already! Our neighbours here had to suffer the daily marathon crying/screaming sessions (he had colic)...which has thankfully and hopefully stopped.

cta

hi guys,
i am new member...
I am doing a research about moulds growth in HDB environment,focusely in indoor environment. I am looking for a case study now. Is anyone there has a moulds growth in furnitures, bathroom,living room, bedroom or any place inside home? I would like to inspect them if you dont mind, of course free of charge and your identity and location will not be revealed as I only need the moulds.
Thank you very much guys, will appreciate if you can reply back
Cheers
Cta

and I thought it'd be done before we go back!

how come it's taking so long? Must go meet the MP sesson issit?
happy.gif

but I heard, usually the MP not there...anyone tried?

Let's see if I get any response
happy.gif

Anyone work in Shenton Way? How do you get to work? Is there a private bus that'll get you there, do you take the NE line then change or do you drive (wanna carpool)?

Just thinking ahead!

jac_chan

Hi DJ,

I work in Raffles Place and i always took NEL then change North-South line to work. about 45 mins... and the cost is abt $2 per trip.

Hi Jacqueline,

Thanks for the info
happy.gif

are the trains crowded during the time you use them? I remember the E-W line was really crowded last time (had to take to pasir ris) just to get on the train to head west!

jac_chan

As I was working in afternoon shift now, so by the time i take the train, it won't be so crowded
happy.gif
Last time when i worked in the morning, the train was very crowded, so I normally took train to Punggol first then to town, sure got seats.

Hello again!

We'll be back in Oct
happy.gif
Just wondering where's a good place to shop (look see look see) for appliances (fridge, toaster, washing machine, tv, etc)?

AND where's a good place to buy it (good price, reliable delivery, etc)?

So exciting...but so tiring to be packing all over again...

See you all soon!!
happy.gif

oh btw...will you all be going for some block party? They came by on Tuesday to ask us...but I forgot the details...husband answered the door.
happy.gif

mr_ben

Hi all!
How is everyone? Anyway, anyone have any idea when will all the noise will stop? Its pretty noisy! Even on sat!

trekkerb

Hi Ben,

Wat noise are you talking abt?

Hi Justina,

Cant remember the haulage fee but you can pay it directly to HDB/Main Contractor yourself. You dun have to go thru' ur ID company. Can save on the mark-up, if any.

spyder

hi everyone.

trekker, think its the noise created by the repair/upgrading works at the white area of the carpark. damn noisy with all the hammering of the machine.