Sengkang Rivervale 150 series (Chip Huat Construction)

qq77

snowman,
if i am not wrong, this morning abt 7am, i was woken up by a very loud shouting, dunno whether is it that shouting man a not?

spyder

linda, bingo! you are right, he is the one.. hahaha.. shouted really loud right??

snowman, haha.. i guess i was lucky i didnt have to go thru the torture for day shift since i am working..

dont mind residents, if you all are really disturbed, please help by making a report so the police go down to investigate, i am not trying to get this man arrested, but i just wish he can just stop all these.. he can shout all he want in the day but not in the night when all are resting.. tats very inconsiderate..

paperbag

think the shouting man got mental problem? mayb shld get him to mental hospital for checkup

i can't hear any shouting at my area (lucky), but the barking dogs are enough to irritate me

i've seen police patrolling our area few times lately, think alot of ppl complained

qq77

spyder,
really is that man again.
oh no... means that shouting will start again at night.
if one day i really cant take it anymore, i will sure report.

paperbag,
my block also got dog barking.
think one is abv my unit. cos i think everytime when it bark its owner return home. its always ard 8.30 to 8.45pm.

spyder

paperbag, dont think so leh. if he has mental problem, cannot be his parents and family members pick on him everytime ma. anyway, i hope if he does have mental problem, the community can offer some help to the family. very bad lar.

linda, most probably is, you might be lucky and not hear it if your windows are closed tightly. i am most scared of the banging of doors in the middle of the night.. can get heart attack.. maybe becoz i am almost directly facing him.. hahaha..

qq77

spyder,
i usually have my windows open.
btw my block is 153, and M/bedrm is facing 156.
can hear the shouting at night rather loud and clear loh.

paperbag

spyder, u mean he got family members living with him ah? cant imagine how they can tahan... or they shout together with him?

Linda, mine is one level below me. noon time, one pair of "toy" dogs barking, still can tolerate... nite time, change shift liao, another pair of big dogs barking, that's the most jialat one, the dogs will start barking until the owner return home, alot of time they come back at around 11pm-12am, those poor dogs will bark till voice turn hoarse...
y can't they just send their dogs for training...

spyder

paperbag, you mean you all dunno he keep shouting within his family members? i think they often quarrel about small things or anything.. but its always the man vs his mum or brother i think.. sigh.. listen closely in the nights, can hear quite clearly..

linda, i see i see.. you just listen out for him lor..

qq77

spyder,
aiyo... i hold he dun shout loh.
sometime, when you wake up in the middle of the night, hear shouting will get cold feel one loh.
sometimes so loud till i told its just downstair leh.

paperbag, mine still not as bad as yours.
day time not at home so dunno. but night time, when the owner return home, sure bark.

paperbag

spyder, i really dunno... i only know that there's this shouting man that keeps shouting. i dun get to hear any shouts frm here n at nite i sleep like pig, haha, guess i'm one of the fortunate one

esp

is he shouting again... never get to heard this time.. But sometimes i hear already feel so scared and worried for his family members that he might do something bad to them they way i hear his curse and swear..

mosaic_fish

Hi Everyone,

I have been very troubled by an issue happening in my hse. Hope all of you can provide me feedbacks or suggestions on wat can I do.

Since one mth back, I notice the ceiling area near the common toilet door start to have water seepages and black mould growing on the wall. I suspect is water coming from upstairs and called HDB to investigate.

HDB Sengkang branch office assigned an officer to my case and she came to see. She took photos using her nokia hp and I am like "Huh? using nokia hp take photos?" The photo quality are not good. She went off and said she will update me after she went upstairs unit to see their toilet.

She updated me that she will be arranging for the main contractor of our estate and the contractor upstairs to take a look and try to find out why. So I let her know a date I am avail and she will called me again when she fix with the other 2 contractors.

However, things turn bad.. water started leaking out from my common toliet heater switch. I called and informed her the situation and she immediately got hold of a electrician to disconnect my heater point in case any mishap were to happen. On tat same day, she also manage to get those 2 contractors to come down to my unit. My dad is ard that day to help me open door for them to come in. My dad overheard their conversation abt the upstairs unit’s toilet door kerb that seems to have been hacked b4 and lay the granite tiles over. They end up concluding that HDB will do some water pressure test on the pipes and water flood tests on the toliet floor.

At nite, water also started leaking from my toliet lights switch which is next to the water heater switch(which was already leaking). The next day I called HDB officer to inform her and ask her to request the upstairs neighbour to minimize wetting the toliet floor.

The electrician came again and pull out my toliet lights switch to import to a separate switch box so tat we can temporary use it.

So, they conducted the water pressure test on the next day at the upper unit toliet, which is to test for any pipes leakage and there was no leakage. On the same nite, the water leakage on the 2 switches seem to have stop.

After few days(totally no water leakage and seepages seem to dry up), the officer and her supervisor came and did the water flood test on toliet floor. My hubby request follow them to see how they do the water flood test but was rejected as they do not wan both hse owners to have any face to face dispute. So my hubby request to see a photo of the toilet floor kerb. Again photo taken by the officer’s nokia hp. From the photo, he noticed that the height of the kerb was abt half left with the granite tiles overlay on it.

After the water flood test was done, Both of them came to our unit to do inspection. There is no sign of water leaking. When asking how the water test was being done, from their description my hubby realized that the water was not flooded up to the point between the toilet kerb and the granite tile. He qns them why, and the ans is this is normally how their water flood test is like, it will only flood the floor and not until tat height. He request them to do the another water test to cover up to that height to see if water is leaking thru the gap but they didn’t seem interested to test it again. They wanted to put our case under KIV. They proposed to repaint our walls outside the common toilet and ask us to inform them if any leakage happen again. They maybe planning to do water proofing ard the toilet kerb.

In case some of you may forget, HDB have a rule stating that for new flats, hse owners are not allowed to hack the toilet floor tiles and wall tiles for 3 years……and we have only stayed here for 1 yr. I guess you guys noe what I mean by tat

If you have any similar experience, pls shared with me and tell me the outcome.

Thanks

daisylove

Hi Mosaic,
didn't know so much have happened lately, really sorry to know that. I really feel that the officer should take the pictures with a proper camera so that they could print it out and attach to their report. This is for record and documentation purposes. May be you should call HDB again to quiry on that. I'm just concerned whether they have proper records to refer to in case the seepage happens again and if you report in future. I guess HDB doesn't take any action against your upstairs neighbours because they don't have any strong evidences to prove that your upstairs neighbours' hacking and overlaying of tiles cause your seepage problem since they pass all the tests. May be you could also get the electrician to check your electrical heater and the water pipe that link to your common toilet to rule out seepage from the water pipe of the electrical heater. Have the HDB people paint your wall?

daisylove

Hi hi DJ,
how are you? Are you back in Singapore? I saw in the previous posts that you mentioned you would be back in December. Are you busy meeting contractors to plan for your renovation? Do contact us
happy.gif

spyder

hi mosaic.

sorry to hear about what has happened.. please do update us on the latest development..

i noticed a wall in my room having water marks too.. i think its either due to the heavy showers or something, becoz its directly facing the outside wall.. anyone else have similar problems? i should be calling the SK office pretty soon..

as for the crazy shouting man, he is at it again this morning @ around 7am.. sigh..

trekkerb

Wow Mosaic, that sounds really bad. I suggest that you make another complaint to the HDB folks. I dun think the matter should be resolved just like "nothing happens". It's wasting time & resources to keep holding, also not to mention all the troubles to you.

I also noticed the pipes that was covered up seems flimsy esp large amt of water pouring from the neighbours above, could hear it clearly at night.

Also the saga to the "Rain drops keep falling" is back again, this time another floor. We have to go up & talk to the neighbours again. Haiz....

mr_ben

Hi everyone (From Blk 151 to 156),
Hope everyone have a happy new year.
May:
1) all 4D experts collect more income from Singapore pools.
2) May the guy who has been shouting (ever since dun know when) decided to learn and practice the meaning of whisper and good neighbouring practice.
3) May none of us have water seeping through our walls (regardless of rainy days or when our upstairs neighbouring decided to floor their place)
4) And finally, may those who wanted to get a Golden Pig be successful in the coming year.

rvc15x

Hi Spyder,

Mine is the room facing the common toilet.
the wall connecting the other room has water marks.
But on the other side I do not se any water marks at all.

mosaic_fish

Hi Spyder and Snowman,

If you have water marks, best to inform HDB fast.. show them while the water marks are still there. One yr++ back, when I was doing hse renov, heard from the HDB officer incharge of our estate tat a few units had this prob also after heavy rains.

Updates on my case: I called up HDB and ask what is the next step. She told me tat she will arrange the upstair contractor to meet me to discuss the paint or any other repair works I would like to be done. So we arrange to meet after New Year. However, few days after the last water flood test, there is water start leaking down the switch and water appearing on the surface on the upper portion of the wall. When i touch the wall with my fingers.. it is wet. So I called up HDB officer to inform her this. She suggested we tok abt this together during the meeting with contractor.

The water leaked for a few days and started to stop. My hubby and I suspect the leaking may not cause by the toliet kerb and could be the toilet flr. So we wan to propose to do the water test again on the toilet flr and avoid the toilet kerb.

On tat day, HDB officer, her supervisor, Mr Woon(if some of you still rem he is the technical officer for looking into our defects when we got our unit) and the upstair contractor. I start to qns abt the water test done previously and describe to them abt the water start to leak again few days later. I propose to them to do the test again without flooding the kerb. I also pointed out tat I wan to find the exact prob and not just fixing one part and monitor.

Mr Woon agreed to find the main cause and solve it and willing to carry out the test again. He even proposed that he shd get upstair unit to stop using toilet for 1-2 days then they start the test.

So at this point, I tok abt hacking the toliet kerb tiles. To my surprise, they corrected me tat the upstair contractor did not hack the tiles. I asked the hdb officer tat she did tell me abt they did hack the tiles.. she said there is a misunderstanding.. they didn't not hack and did a overlay and when I ask again and tok abt the photo she took to show my hubby. She pretend can't hear wat I ask and change topic. Something fishy here..

Ok nvm, now i wan to confirm if is the toliet floor cause the leaking. So I confirm with Mr Woon again the test they are going to carry out. They will tok to the upstair unit abt stop using the toilet and update me again.

Haiz.. tink still a long way to go to find the main prob..

orith

Hello all

Happy New Year!!
Haven;t been visiting this forum for a long time.

Am at blk 156. I am really curious to find out which block is the crazy man living at? I haven't heard anything so far. My only complaints is my inconsiderate neighbours (above me), have very very wet dripping laundry, which wet all my clothes if i hang outside.

Do you guys have the same prob too??

rvc15x

Hi Orith,

If you happen to see the previous posts in the thread, the shouting man happens to live in the same block as you.
Strange though u did not hear anything.

orith

Hello Snowman

Yeah...i just saw, he live in #9. Strange, i never hear anything. Maybe my unit is at the other end.

daisylove

Hi Mosaic,

glad that Mr Woon handles your case now. At least he is willing to find the root of the problem instead of just monitoring and see how... he is more responsible. Do update us ok?

Hi Orith,

I have the same problem as you. I'm staying in Block 152, 11th floor. Both my 12th & 13th floor neighbours frequently hang out their dripping wet clothes too. I have highlighted to Town Council a few times and they did send brochures to remind but seems like no use. What's more frustrating is that even when we don't hang clothes out, the dripping water could drip into my kitchen when the water dropped on my windows and got bounced into my kitchen! Haiz...

kookiemonster

Seems like the ppl staying around this area are difficult ppl. Next time might have problem selling house in this area? I think wet clothes dripping is a normal issue. I've experience ppl throwing cigarette butts down and even the clothes got stained. I re-wash and hang again, and the person will throw again (dunno how many times he smoke in a day). There was once during the weekend, i re-wash 3 times because of this cigarette ashes / butt. I've no choice but to hang outside because my house is structured in such a way that there is no sunlight coming into the house except through the kitchen. Regret purchasing house around this area. Waste of my bloody hard-earned money. Then again no choice as it is the next cheapest / new flat / nearer to east. Young couples like me who earned such a meagre salary can only afford to stay in such a condition.

spyder

Dear Fellow Residents,

Lets look on the bright side of life..
At least we are all healthy and our estate is quite young.. No doubt there are complaints which I feel we must voice out if its too unreasonable or unbearable.. The dripping issue happened to me too, and worse, just when my clothes are already almost dry!! But I just live with it.. So no choice..

However, for the HDB watermark issue, it cannot be let off.. Now I see a sort of like a water dripping mark from the wall.. Sigh.. Wonder how they can resolve this issue..

spyder

Kookie > I think for your case, you gotta report to the Town Council becoz if a fire breaks out, you might wanna ask who is responsible.. Do be careful on such events.. Take care..

mosaic_fish

Hi KookieMonster,

Maybe like wat Spyder said, you report to Town Council so that they can distribute leaflets to warn those units above you abt this. Is really upset to re-wash your clothes 3 times..

The quality is lousy also. For my leaking prob, we found out the prob is with the upstair toilet floor water proofing. From the last water flood test I request to flood the toilet floor avoiding the toilet kerb. Water flow down to my unit after few hours .. even my dining area switch points also have water flowing out of it.

Mr Woon manages to get HQ engineers to take a look and the conclusion is to redo the toilet floor upstairs.. YEAH!! finally.. they going to redo the toilet floor. The cost will be paid by the HDB main contractor.

Went thru this whole trouble of wat happen.. really make me stress up, upset, disappointed with this flat I bought..

orith

Hello Mosaic_fish

Really sorry to know you have to go tru such a terrible experience. Let's hope this will be last time ever.

orith

Hello Daisy

Oh....they only send brochures?? I don't think that works at all. I thought they will send ppl to "educate" those "troublemakers"??

sigh....

trekkerb

educate?? hahahaaaa..... it falls on deaf ears.

Haiz, not that I wanna say abt singaporeans (me being one), no fine = no scare, even fine, got no jail = no scare. Guess it's the mentality of Singaporeans.

spyder

hahahaha..

trekker, dont phrase it until singaporeans no see jail no scared leh..

anyway, just to check with fellow residents, you guys or gals experiencing any high levels of moisture in your home?? and if yes, how are you controlling it?? i cant believe no matter how i try to keep things and places dry, it keeps on being moist.. clothes get molds growing in the cupboards.. and tats bad.. very bad..

spyder

25/01/2007

Rivervale Crescent Car Park 156A has parking lots reserved for Season Ticket Holders..

Make sure to inform friends and relatives of the change..

esp

oh ya Spyder i noticed the change too.. Thanks for informing here!!! regarding the mould i noticed that on my sofa also. So i just use a dry cloth to wipe away the mould... So weird and i noticed a lot of spiders at my hse at corners and ceilings.

Snowman, the lift is dripping internally ? I did not notice that.

spyder

hi dolphin,

you are right about the spiders.. haha.. nothing to do with me.. becoz i have been vacuuming them up but they just keep popping back, now, once i see one, i kill it.. no choice.. its been too many.. i have also some very very tiny bugs around the walls, dunno if its the spider babies.. very small, but there are so many of them, so i wiped my walls and i intend to do it again before CNY..

as for the mould, i hope its under control now.. wife and me are working hand in hand.. haha..

as for the life, it was dripping during that 3 consecutive raining days..

rvc15x

same here! alot of spiders at almost all the corners that you could imagine. sometimes it also comes down for a walk and running across the living room.

it seems that they keep popping up after we vacuum them away.

esp

hey guys, rememeber to also vacuum up the eggs of the spiders. Those black little dots.
I saw a super big spider downstairs once.. i kpo go and disturb the net.. hehe

jacqueline97

Hi Dolphin and all

Good morning...I chance to see all of you were talking about pineapple tarts in the last thread...anyone here did go to the phoon huat baking class eventually?I had the pineapple recipe but went missing...wonder anyone here can help?

hamster72

Hi Spyder,

I also see a lot of tiny bugs crawling on the walls lately. Seems like it's common in our block, not sure what is the cause. anyone knows what can be done to get rid of them?

I also got mould growing on the wooden hangers. must be due to the moisture in the air cause by the rainy season.

trekkerb

Mould growing is due to the humidity in our area. I understand this's a common problem for SengKang & Pungol residents.

Well, the best way to keep it out is to get a dehumidifiter.

For me, I'm using Thristy Hippo & another Japanese band dehumidifter currently. Dun really think, it's that useful. Thinking of switching to the electrical ones.

I think one of the brands available & is pretty good is Nova. Can check it out.

spyder

snowman > haha.. was joking regarding tat issue..

dolphin > orh.. could it be you tat release all the spiders into our homes?? anyway, i now do vacuuming of corners once in a while.. if i spot any.. just in case.. trying to bring down the spiders population inside my home..

hamster > still figuring out a way to remove those buggies..
sad.gif

trekker > will try your suggestion.. looks like most new hdb flats have humidity problems..

brambles

hi hamster n spyder, how do the bugs look like? i've also have some of these on the walls in my home... tiny black dots juz the size of a tiny full stop. in fact, they're so tiny that it's hardly noticeable... i suspect their existence is linked to the mould or mildew growing on the walls