Sengkang Rivervale 150 series (Chip Huat Construction)

mr_ben

I heard tat it is going to be at Marina South or Singapore River area. Not too sure abt that. They will have the stage somewhere near CLiffors Pier. The march pass can still carry on. That is what i heard.

esp

hI GUYS, did you all see uncle one and two (black and white police of underworld) parading downstairs our hse around 10.30pm on monday night ? i saw them from my flat with some followers. One was shaking the abacas and some carrying umbrella for them. They also throw some ka lu qian (hell notes) when they reach junction. They walking behind the small road at the carpark area probably going to the temple near our plc. Anyone saw? its quite scary considering that the clock strikes 12am and its seventh month.

mosaic_fish

Hi DJ,

Yes u will need to choose the tiles, bcos there are different design and colours. There is size difference also. Mine is 600x600, there is also 800x800. I choose smaller and rougher surface tiles for my kitchen.. I got all my tiles from a shop at Balestier.. the shop is the first shop along the shophouse.. tink call Lian Heng Seng.. can't remember the name. Your contractor/ID will tell u for your package the tile max price u can get is how much.. if is above the max price then u need to pay the extra.

I also got a hood in my kitchen. I feel it will be useful when i stir fry veg and our laundry dry clothes are hang up in the kitchen also.

mr_ben

Hi DJ,
I agree with Mosaic. The shop is opposite the Tao Sar stuff in Balestier. Many options. Worth a look.
Benson

Mosiac_fish and Ben, thanks for the directions
happy.gif
I've noted it on my Excel sheet. Hope to take a look when we get back so at least we know what the contractor/ID is talking about.

I'm still thinking about the hood thing. My mom's renovating her kitchen now. I shall keep quiet and see if installs a hood. ;)

dolphin, that's indeed very strange. what's the black and white police of the underworld? Are they dressed that way? Has 7th month started?

etnt

there should be a letter in your postbox containing the survey/feedback pertaining to the 15x estate.

Comes complete with photo shots.

jac_chan

Hi all,

Did anyone knows what is the usage of the "white area" below the multi-storey carpark as stated in the survery form??

That's so interesting...got survey to fill.
happy.gif
Is the white area for washing car? Time to ask the parents to clear the mail box.
happy.gif

mosaic_fish

Hi Etnt,

I just fill up mine yesterday. I nearly forget abt it. I put in alot of bad comments.. design and workmanship...hehe.. and also the strong foul smell from the river every morn, sheltered linkway to LRT station.

Hello!

Hope you enjoyed your short week last week
happy.gif

During reno, did any of you change your kitchen window to the sliding (type) window...can it be done?

paperbag

oh ya, i nearly forgot abt the feedback form. can still send it? i also have alot of bad comments, esp the poor worksmanship and the stupid tag team barking dogs...

any one using singtel line here? few areas in my house have poor hp reception... esp the living hall.

hey dj, u got ur ID oredi? if not, u might wanna try impress21, their service is good n prompt... for kitchen cab, ask for scratch proof laminate if possible... i wld prefer parquet than laminated floor, feels more solid...

spyder

Hi Residents!

Hows everyone doing?
happy.gif
Been MIA some time in this thread.. :p

Anyway, to feedback on the survey forms, I wrote I dont know the purpose of WHITE AREA.. Just for info, its not for washing cars, becoz there are washing bays in carparks for washing cars le. I wrote tat the roof garden cannot be accessed. For the 2 pieces of big stones there to signify Rivervale Crescent, I am sorry, but I gave very negative feedback, donno what it is, donno how to appreciate it, I rather they spend it on sprucing up the vicinity.
happy.gif

etnt

Not to mention the weird angle from the estate entrace to the carpark. The congestion between the entrance, carpark and pickup point due to poor layout. No season parking lots in the carpark. STILL a lack of sheltered walkway. current sheltered walkway to carpark ineffective during rain, the design is such that water will still drip down when going to the carpark staircase.

jendome

I oso just filled in the form over the weekend and wrote in all the bad comments on behalf of my parents.....
Rooftop - Unaccessible, how to comment ??? kee kee

spyder

Jenn > I wrote exactly tat, unaccessible, no comments, please open for use to residents..

Trekker > If they want comments, we give ma.. I havent demanded for lower conveyancy fees and lower parking charges yet leh.. HAHA..

Etnt > I guess most of our flats design cant demand much liao, some designs in other estates are much worse.. I prefer square square designs.. Easier to arrange furniture.. Looks better too..

hamster72

Hi all, log time never log in already, so many interesting comments. I filled in the survey form too, gave a lot of comments inside too, like rooftop garden not accessible, no shelter from the lrt station, uneven wall surface, blocks too close to one another.

btw, did anyone of u hear children playing at the playground betw 155 and 156 ard 1.30 am this morning? it lasted for very long ... both me and my wife heard, not sure if we are 'hearing thing' ... pls comment if u heard too.

rvc15x

hmmm...although I lived @ 155 and the playground was directly downstairs but was too sound asleep then.
Couldn't even hear anything.

Anyway today last day of 7th lunar month liao.

hamster72

Hi snowman, my unit is facing inside, view block by blk 156, so cannot see much. but very windy at times.

I remember visiting a unit at Fernvale during the Oct'05 WIS, the blocks there are generally 26 storey high, if you stay on the 26 floor, facing the city area, u can see the tall bldg in CBD from there. An old couple staying there even told me they can see the fireworks during NDP. but that area still not so developed, and need to walk quite a distance from the nearest LRT. So they were not my top choices.

You got your unit during the Oct'05 WIS as well?

spyder

Trekker > Complain about the SUN?? So they going to shift it for us arh?? HAHA.. :p

Hamster > Didnt hear anything about shouting, maybe I was too deep in sleep, but I did wake up @ 0300 to watch football game.. Nowadays, the crazy man dont shout so much liao but there seems to be a dog barking in the night between 2100 till 0000 hours.. Any response for that?

hamster72

Spyder > I don't mean shouting lah. i heard a few kids playing at the playground below our blk, thought i was strange for kids to play there at that hour. anyway, did not hear anything last night though. But, yes, i heard dog barking for quite some time,, but don't think it bark until midnight cos i went to bed ard 11 pm, and never heard anything.

snowman > seems like you are one of the 'old bird' in our block.
happy.gif
Was the block still quite empty when you shifted in?

rvc15x

hamster> still ok lah. think i was the first 2 move in for my level. think the block was half occupied then with renovations going on here n there.

spyder

hamster > ic ic.. anyway, sometimes gotta put up with it lor.. funny noises i didnt hear.. the kids on, is it indian kids??

jendome

Anyone aware that there is filming at the play ground ??? The team is a Indian team..and hv been filming for couples of months lao.

spyder

trekker > haha.. i dont think the designer use compasses lor.. overall, design and outlook wise, i think its all nice score, but practical wise, not quite good.. :p personal opinion.. anyway, already bought and move in le.. haha.. no choice right?
happy.gif
just make do..

btw, anyone experiencing high humidity in their flats?

spyder

hi jenn > yup, they started around chinese new year period, and nowadays, almost every weekend, they'll film at blocks 155 and 156.. guess should be local production for kids or something..

hamster72

spyder > it was quite warm n stuffy last weekend and beginning of the week, but since raining for 2 consecutive days for the last 2 days, seems better now.

jenn > i saw the filming going on too. Guess the playground downstairs is still considered new, and not so highly utilized.

g_apple

etnt - the carpark shelter had been "repaired" This AM I walk pass.. no more dripping!!
Fianlly our complains had been heard!!

rvc15x

dear all,
any of u guy & gals got the ppl came knocking on your doors,
asking whether are you attending the function,
held @ the multi-purpose hall next saturday?

spyder

hi residents..

for my unit, i only received the brochure or letter regarding the function.. no one came knocking.. better not knock.. becoz i dont know whether i am attending or not..

anyone here submitting pictures to challenge for the contest of most beautiful house or something??
happy.gif

etnt

oh, I tot they were some travelling salesperson and juz dispensed with the usual "not interested"-and-close-the-door drill.

rvc15x

dear all,
saw the notice @ the notice board downstairs just now.
It mentioned that the roof top garden would be every open tuesday & thursday from 7.30pm to 9.30pm, starting from today.
Hmmm...din see any lights though.

spyder

snowman > so its open for viewing every tuesday and thursday? keke.. so funny.. we have visiting hours for our roof garden..
happy.gif

anyway, i noticed that they are dismantling the partitions set up for the site office below the void deck of the carpark.. i guess the so called 'white hall' is gonna be put to use soon..

rvc15x

spyder > yeah lor! sianz right? since its intended use was for the residents yet we have access to it only at particular timing. sigh...wat a dissapointment. like a white elephant again?

btw u all aware that according to the flyers distributed, the guest-of-honour for this saturday's event is Minister for National Development .
Hmmm...maybe its good time for some feedback.

spyder

hi residents! so anyone went to the carnival and buffet dinner?
happy.gif
anyone made any comments to the MND?

snowman > already saw a poster at the carpark lift telling residents what to do and what not to do at the roof garden.. i guess they are worried some residents might start taking over the gardens if they leave it open 24 hours.. keke..