Sengkang Rivervale 150 series (Chip Huat Construction)

trekkerb

On a side note, has everyone done their wedding photo shoot? I'm kinda @ a loss on the outdoor shoot. Wife & I are going for something different. Any good idea?

Hello Trekker,

we did our wedding photo shoot in singapore. depending on what you like, we took our photos at spottiswood park area, Chinatown and Tanah Merah beach...near laguna country club(?)

It was the first time the photographer did a shoot at chinatown, but I like it. We love shophouses, if we could choose more places, we'd have gone to katong as well (near our church).

Our photographer does a lot of Shenton Way shoots (esp at the delifrance near Market St.) He likes to give the "european feel". Too bad we liked the local flavour more...ya, now that I'm thinking about it, I'd even go to Lagoon (hawker center) or Changi V...sun, sand, sea and food...what could be better! hehe. Holland V?

How about places that are special to you...where you met, proposed, ask her to be your "steady" (do they still use this word? hehe)

Seriously though, I think the Chinatown shots turned out best (in terms of colour and "atmostphere"/flavour) and it's different from the usual Singapore River/Fullerton shots/Esplanade/CHIJMES. Unless things have changed since...

Have fun! Yup, if I could do it again, I'll go for the more "ethnic" and local places (Kandahar St, little india, nice hawker centers etc), it's something we have that's unique to our country, it's something I would leverage on.

Let us know what you finally decide on... (our special/exclusive MSCP veggie garden?)

trekkerb

hahahaaa..... MSCP veggie garden.

Mine will be in singapore, no point flying everyone to somewhere else where I have to incur more cost.

Chinatown seems like a nice place. Was thinking of Shenton way & get a yatch for the evening shoot. Still thinking....

rvc15x

hi dolphin,
the qi gong sessions is there every tuesday & thursday evening.
but not sure if its legalised?
cos their deep meditation part reminds me of what i saw in overseas when ppl are practising "fa lun gong".

Hi Trekker,
I took my outdoor photo shoot in Ubin.
In a way its out of singapore island but do not need to incur flight cost but boat cost.
And also out of the norm from the usual Sentosa setting.
But be prepared with insect repellants cos got commando mosquitoes.

esp

hi snowman yaya.. realised i did not see them today when i pass by the lrt. think its not illegal la.. else how to be there every week .. if you notice the notices at the bulletin board at the ground floor lift landing, they give another term, definitely not FLG

decembermi

Hi BBNN, I shall try to "break-in" to the garden to see see look look!

Dear all, am stayin @ 151... i agreed that there seems to be many strangers around our area. Everyday I'll see ppl, mostly Indians and Malays (no offends) sittin under my block drinkin beer, with 7-11 plastic bags containing it. Then the new table under my block was vandalize with pink spray within a week!

I’ve got the best neighbour… When I first moved in.. my new neighbour directly upstairs of my flat left their dog alone for days, locked in the MBR, the poor dog bark every min, 24/7.. not kiddin.. till the 2nd day the voice of the dog becomes hoarse liao… Barking also wakes us up, can’t sleep, heard till headache… heart pain as’ I’m a dog lover/owner, so I started leaving notes at the doorstep but I can see it’s totally dark for days, no one inside. Ended up I called the SPCA, then the police.. Within 30 mins I saw the young couple rushing to their house which they haven’t moved in yet, but “just want to leave the dog there locked up for days!â€

After they moved in, it’s manjong everynite, like no need to work.. till 3am+, using the same room right above I sleep. Now even better, WORLDCUP… group of frens come watch together… curse and shout together… “GOAL!!!!!!†Good sound system we have… other houses phone ring louder then my own… Sat/Sun got special entertainment in the afternoon.. Malay song VS Hokkien old song… *piang* (Miss my old house.. read somewhere in the forum got ppl complaint that HDB now build thin walls… so can hear other clearly…)

Lastly.. My same floor corner unit neighbour got one grandma go market liao will “kill†the fish outside, on the floor of the rubbish bins… so all the internal organs and the “lang†drop little here and there attracted ants crawling around.. digusting, saw a few times but my dad didn’t allow me to tell her to stop it… say it’s too rude….

The only thing I’m fortunate of, is my flat here cannot smell anything, but I figured it’s the same smell along the canal of Hougang that side… smells like poopoo every morning when we drive pass…

Snowman, some say these ppl there belongs to a religion de.. so not qigong that they’re practicing… dunno how true…

spyder

Hi Blur Blur... Wow, you can take all of tat... I cant believe it... Scary... Scary... Nightmare... Ee... Hope it'll all become better soon... As for the killing fish part, I think its a little overboard le leh...

Hey Blur Blur where abouts 151 you at? Do you face inside or out? I'm supposed to be there too and my sister-in-law who checks on the flat sometimes tells me that my neighbour (across from us) plays his TV very loudly and talks very loudly in hokkien. We're on the 14th flr, facing inside.

decembermi

I'm on the 16th flr facing outside.. I think government shouldn't haf build thin walls, now + lower ceiling... "sound system" really good... i mean.. kinda funny that I can hear my upstairs neighbours talking in the house...

esp

HIHI, i got nice neighbours on my right who invites us over for hse warming and never fails to pass me nice stuff. However, the neighbour on my opposite is rather unfriendly and would "stare" at us while they pass by our doorstep so irrating. They even copied my hse flooring design and it looks almost exactly the same. Gosh !!

mosaic_fish

Hi Blur Blur, after reading wat you have been "suffering" really feel very sorry for u... especially the grandma fish killer... I nearly fainted after reading.. tink shd let her noe abt the ants.. maybe try to tell her in a nice way..

In my block, 2nd floor got a family like to do BBQ using the area on 2nd floor lift lobby. I am living on the upper floor can smell the BBQ smell and can imagine those living lower floor, the whole hse and their curtains stained with BBQ smell.. haiz.. tink after a few BBQ sessions.. the ceiling will turn black also.

etnt

Seems that I'm moderately lucky then with a neighbour whose kid scream/shout/cry perpertually non-stop and a dog that barks during weekend mornings and nights.

decembermi

Maybe next time i bump into the ah ma i shall hint hint her...

Mosaic, is it illegal for them to bbq at the lift lobby area? If yes maybe can inform the RC, otherwise maybe drop a polite note...

trekkerb

Blur Blur, I stayed @ 151 too (7th floor). Got some inconsiderate neighbours. Their wet clothes & mops keep dripping on to our clothes.

Our rubbish bin got set on fire on the 1st floor & junk was littered everywhere on the 1st floor as well. Sigh.

decembermi

Aiyo... wet clothes drippin, that's what i hate most, cos at my old hse where i lived for 15 yrs, i've been torture enuff cos me at the 6th flr, highest flr is 25th! Then upstairs ppl keep throwin unfinished food, rice, fish bone, chicken bone etc down.. so for these yrs we never hang our clothings outside.. all hang inside lor... ugly but bobian...

Btw, anyone ever realised there is a uncle selling ice cream downstairs? He also stays at 15something de....

spyder

Hi Residents...

Wow, seems like our neighbourhood is quite 'happening'... so i guess my case is very minimal liao and i should just keep quiet... the grandma fish killer takes the top award...

Like to take the opportunity to thank Trekker here for the help he rendered while I was renovating my flat... Bought a dryer as recommended, so I no need to worry about dripping neighbours...

etnt

Today the neighbours below just installed their lights, and suddenly in the kitchen and toilets there are hotspots on the ground where the lighting positions are.

Anybody else has similar experience?

decembermi

Ling-Ju Men!

World Cup over liao!

Hahaha... no more "Goalsss"!! Think many ppl will be 'lost' for a while... hehe.. me dong-bang ppl and "play play" $50 during the last 2 matches... win a little... *keke* Heng...

Curious, 150 series hse got official BBQ area not huh?

Btw, sometimes when i sit downstairs, I often see this quite handsome hunk, not very tall, but quite tan & well-build, naked... err.. no.. got wear shorts la... joggin around the neighbourhood in the late evening... well of cos... if he's HERE in this forum... I'll dig a hole to hide.... -_-lll

decembermi

OoooOooo.. serious not?
proud.gif
maybe i should start sendin PM to etnt liao...
lol.gif

Btw, ur user name "Trekker", do u trek often?

Hey!

It's probably a year since y'all move in hor?

We're thinking of doing basic reno end of this year. Anyone has any advice? What materials good, what's not good, etc? Any contractors/ID to recommend...

Going to keep it simple, just do kitchen, floors, put in lights, ceiling fan and shower screen. Any views on homogeneous tiles or laminate flooring (thicker better?)?

My mom sent me some quotes, looking through them now. They seem to offer pretty similar things for about 14K - 16K.

Oh ya, wrt kitchen cabinets - how many feet of cabinetary should we be looking at? Some quotes say 10ft, some 12ft, two say 20ft (as part of package).

It's still a few months till Dec, but maybe if we can decide on some things here, we can get off to a quicker start once we touch down. E.g. if we know what kind of flooring to get, we'll get HDB to do screeding first. :D

Thank you!
happy.gif

mosaic_fish

Hi DJ,

For kitchen cabinets, it depend on how u wan the cabinets to be in the kitchen then they measure how many ft. Also got to consider upper cabinets if u need to have. Remember to consider space for your washing machine.

I personally feel is better that u can request to view some of the hses tat your shortlisted contractors/ID had done up to check their workmanship.

Homogeneous tiles are easier to maintain than marble and cheaper than granite. Granite is durable but the design is very messy and mostly in dark tone.

Choose homogeneous tiles from those shops at Balestier, feel their quality are better abt $3-$4 per tile.

Laminate flooring need to take caution care no pool of water on it .. need to wipe it off asap. After using it for abt 6mths.. sometimes still feel the hollow feel when i walk on it. Mine is 9mm thick.. I noe there is other brands tat have thicker one like 12-13mm.. not sure currently wat is the latest thickness.. bcos no do research now.. hehee..

etnt

suggest you do another round of visiting after coming back to get our comments again on the design and practicality after 1 year of staying in.

Hey Mosiac_fish and etnt,

I think I figured it out with the kitchen cabinets. (Compared the packages in a spreadsheet yesterday.) Realised that those that say 20ft, they didn't say "top" or "bottom" so I reckon it'll be 10ft if I want top and bottom to be "equal".

Anyway, also found that none of the packages include kitchen floor tiles and only 2 included tiles for the shelter. Is this where all the "extra costs" come in?

Mosaic_fish, do I need to choose the tiles? Thought if I get the package, the tiles will just come with...I get to choose? That'll be nice. How much did it cost to tile the kitchen? That'll be an add-on to the package price.

We'll still continue thinking about laminate, homogenous or parquet for the bedrooms. Think for the kitchen, living and dining, it'll just be homogenous lor...
happy.gif

etnt, ya, when we come back maybe we'll do another round to get your comments. Right now I just remember that we have to construct something for the kitchen entrance cos the "doorway" is open up to the ceiling. haha.

happy.gif

Oh, just wondering, do we really need a hood for the kitchen hob? I haven't used one before. My mom has one but I don't remember her using it either! I appreciate having a backsplash though!

So, do you use your hood?

decembermi

Dear Neighbours,

Read the "Wo Bao" Chinese Newspaper this morning and realized that a family staying at our area (blk 157D) lost their little baby girl…

Their Indonesian maid carrying the 1 year old baby are found to be missing since yesterday evening and the case was reported to the police in the evening. Maid was in a white tee-shirt and 3-1/4 shorts. She has short hair, slim and is about 1.5m tall. As for the baby girl, she too has short hair, fair, and wearing a pink dress.

Anyone who might have seen them pls contact the police at 999. I’m sure the poor family will be very worried..
Hopefully someone might have seen them…

hello88

according to the news: -

maid n baby was found at Hougang Central this morning after maid approached a man for a lighter. Man found the maid familiar (i think he read the news and took note of the attire) and asked for her identity. He then 'detained' the maid. Thank goodness!

decembermi

ya, me read the news posted on Yahoo just a while ago...

Wonder why the maid approach the man for lighter... tot the maid just arrive in Sin for a month only? Mmm.. The maid smoke? Whatever the case is, most importantly is they found the baby.

Nowadays hard to find good maid.. some say they're maid teach their child not to greet the parent daddy mummy, treat the baby like it's their own. Some say maid torture baby, some say maid purposely put their "menstration blood" in their cooking! Scary!

jendome

Thank God..the maid n baby are found..

Agreed with blur blur, good maids are hard to find nowadays !!!
Treat them too well, they climb "on top" of their employer..

If treat them too poor, they resort to evil ways

piper

i bought 1 flag from 2 scouts accompanied by a RC lady last week for $2 when they knocked on my door last week. she say it mandatory for units facing expressway or main road to put.

snowman: thanks for helping me store my newspapers when I'm away last week!

rvc15x

Piper: Don mention it. Glad that I could be of help.
happy.gif

Hmmm...strange. din hear the RC lady telling me abt that leh, maybe bcos I was on my way out.

anyone else here, heard that its mandatory to hang out the national flag in our area for the month of august?
if yes then i need to get my flag liao!

I think it's nice to see the national flag on all the windows of a block. It's festive and gives a sense of pride. Dare I say...I miss home!
embarrassed.gif

Was reading all the posts from May - July last year (until
kao_dizzy.gif
)...taking notes on laminate, etc. Will continue some more today. Did most people end up taking the Supreme 8mm with 3mm underneath?

So, really...is a hood necessary?

Woah...okay, I read until the Aug 22 postings today. Tired liaoz...need to rest eyes.

So, found out that most of you have downlights. How do you find it? Why did you choose to have downlights as opposed to the traditional ceiling lights? easier to maintain/brighter/lower electricity bill?

Also, do you remember where/which shop you went to to view the homogenous tiles?
happy.gif

I got the contact for curtain/kitchen & bathroom accessories/electronics/lights from the posts liao
happy.gif
Haha...very interesting!

etnt

Living for 9 months without a hood, and still do not find the need of a hood. But of course, mileage varies.

Also no downlights, and living comfortably with regular ceiling lights. Again mileage varies.

Side topic on mobile reception. I just change over to starhub from m1. Results using same phone (up to 6 bars reception) is: m1 0-2 bars; starhub 5-6 bars.

piper

recently my hubby got a singtel line and he is now able to receive calls in the lift. previously M1 had problem connecting in the lift. always got cut off

When I come back for good, I'll ask you about reception. My husband (in the background) is telling me that he'll probably get us Starhub. But who knows...

etnt, Thanks for the info on hood and lights. I have a feeling, we'll be pretty similar.
happy.gif

At the same time, it'll also be interesting to see what those with hood and downlights have to say. Right now, I can only "feel" that downlights are used for design purposes... As for hood, I haven't used one before. My mom has one, but I don't think she uses it either...but I wonder when so many people have it. Maybe I'm missing out on something good
happy.gif

Have a great week!

etnt

Compulsory to hang flag? Then is RC supplying the flags or do we have to buy it? If we have to buy it with our own money, why should it be compulsory?

Then what happens if we don't hang the flag? Get prosecuted? Fined? Jailed?

mr_ben

DJ,
I got a hood and feel that it produce more noise than anything. However, my wife think it is useful so....

etnt,
FYI, NTUC is selling for $2.50 for a flag. I hung my flag and never heard of any complusory requirments. Although i would be more than happy if they top up my progress package again.

I was wondering about that. Thought maybe things have changed since my mom's 10-15yr old one. My husband thinks it's useful though (his mom uses it)... I shall ask her when I see her (don't know what you call it in chinese). :p it's one of those iffy things, but it seems like we need to have an additional power point for the hood (higher Amp?) and then we have to buy the hood.

$2.50 for a flag quite okay mah. But better hang properly...I remember there was once complains about the flag being hung opposite way etc. If you send me one, I'll hang it here! haha.

etnt, I don't think they'll jail, fine or prosecute lah. You're right, unless they give it to you FOC, there's nothing much they can do.

etnt

In chinese, it's called Xi You Yan Ji. At least that's how my mum calls it.

About the flag, it's not the cost thing. It's the part about the RC lady saying that it's compulsory that got me irked.

I do wish the RC lady would approach me, I'd like to give her a piece of my mind.

Haha...thanks. But I know my husband will shake his head when I tell him this: "suck oil salt chicken". haha. It helps me remember
happy.gif
Oh, wait, I get it now...it's suck oil, fumes/smoke machine. Okay, now I can remember better. How I got through the chinese exams is still a mystery! Anyway, I can't wait to impress my MIL with my new vocab.
happy.gif

I think the RC lady can sniff out a person cannot intimidate. My husband is with you on that...

Tried to find out if it's mandatory. Nothing said. But happen to chance upon the 2006 National Day website. Realise they don't say "how old" Singapore is...is it 41?