Sengkang Rivervale 150 series (Chip Huat Construction)

rvc15x

Hi Spyder,

Finally heard the crazy man u mentioned earlier on in your posts shouting this morning at abt 10plus while I was on my way out for breakfast.
Btw did u heard it?

But too bad din know abt the SK NPC number until now.

spyder

calbee > oic, so you are in the same block as i am... wow... seems like lots of 155 people are in the forum...
happy.gif
anyway, your husband is right... they always like to start their loud shouting from 11pm onwards... sometimes even around 2am i can hear them... maybe its becoz i am directly, so the sound projection hits us direct...
sad.gif

the threats that are being shouted across were a little bit too much tats why i wanted to ask the police... strangely, no one made any reports when i called them on the first time, or maybe the police on duty tat day bo chap... haha... and since he gave me the advice to go ahead and call, i wont hesitate lor... for the safety of our residents as well as the good rest everyone needs...

snowman > finally!!! haha... you were right about yesterday's morning madness... i think many people heard it... some even peeked out of their windows... maybe we gotta work together to try and narrow down any specific unit...

jendome

Hi
I also heard the shouting ard 10plus in the morning when i was in my mum house @ Blk 156.

spyder (spyder) , u sure is from #09-148 fm 156? Maybe when the shouting is going on, i can go up and see if that unit is the source.

Will the police really help when we call? Cos the shouting hv been going on since last year.

spyder

hi jenn > i am not 100% sure, but 90% sure... i think it is so becoz its the unit tat always has light on and i have seen the guy appearing on the window itself... maybe you can go up and just listen, i strongly advise confronting the person... dont get yourself hurt or into trouble... i'll just call the police if they continue lor... according to the police, they'll come by when we call lor... donno if they really on the ball lar... haha...

jendome

spyder,
Hmm, i feel that if we can get the unit no# right, then if we make police report, they can action faster...if the police are not really on the ball, by the time they reach, the shouting might be finished lao.

As i stayed @ Blk 156, i wouldn be able to see the lights. So the only way is to take the lift up to see if #09-148 is the culprit. Those staying at Blk 155/154 can see that unit, right?

spyder

jenn & calbee > lets work together to make our estate a quiet and nice environment... i will be on the lookout as always... let me confirm hear him shout at the other uncle again and i make sure i write letter to the npc till someone comes along and solve the problem...

jendome

Hi spyder
Although i am not a full time resident @ SKRV, but whenever i am back during weekend, i always heard the shouting too and my parents are also complaining, cos disturbing their sleep.

*Let work together and get the police to solve the problem for us*

spyder

jenn > i see... okay, lets just hope they've already been warned... so far, past 2 nights have been quite peaceful... -fingers crossed-

daisylove

Hi everyone,
most of u in blk 155 / 156 are badly disturbed by that man. I'm in blk 152, so can't hear anything but do agree with the smell in the morning. Strange though, only some mornings, not all... Mosaic_fish told me it could be the smell from the river near our blocks. Can also smell it in the car with the windows closed when driving past. Could it really be the smell of the river? Wonder whether the TC has found out where this smell comes from...

Green_Apple,
my 13th floor neighbour also hangs out wet clothes, still the same, no improvement even after I called TC. Think they must have thrown the letter or brochure (given by TC requesting them to be considerate when hanging out clothes) away.

spyder

hi daisy, it could highly be the canal... becoz its quite smelly, especially in the mornings... confirmed becoz i jog around tat area before when i stayed in hougang... maybe you can suggest to town council where could be the source lor... as for clothes, maybe ask town council for more copies and keep inserting into their flat... HEHE... let them know how irritating it is... or get the 14th floor to drip back... HAHA...

btw, anyone having problems with M1 handphone reception? i called in to enquire, they say will send engineer to check our area, still the same, poor signals...

elaine77

Hi everyone,

Wahh.. i have not been loggin onto this thread for qutie sometime... very suprised to see so many msgs on the thread.

I do realised that theres loud screaming and shouting but we dun know from where. At first we thought its from our blk.. btw.. i also stay at blk 155, same as spyder.. piper ..snowman.. jenn and calbee.. so many from our blk.

Apart from the screaming and shouting.. theres always a family that plays mahjong. They can really play.. 24-7 , did you all realised that. My hubby and went to see.. we realised its from 4th floor.

<font color="119911">snowman</font>.. i also smelt the foul smell.. smells like burning.. reminds me of the cooking of 'chocolate' smell when i was staying in jurong.

<font color="0000ff">spyder</font>.. .. i also kanna the dripping clothes from upstairs.. we suspected is from 10th or 11th. The clothes can be very wet lor.. and the water keep dropping. Theres another worst cause, just from my neighour above mine.. from 6th floor. They literally splash water from the toilet window, the water actually spilled on my clothes. Im so angry that i shouted at them, the person quickly stopped and closed the window.. so angry. After a few weeks.. same thing happened.. i was in the kitchen but my clothes was not out, i just shouted 'hey' den it stopped. So dumb lor this person..

<font color="ff0000">piper</font>.. i experienced the black-out also. We returned home around 8pm and found out that our lights are not working and the water fountain is not working.. hmm.. the others did not experienced it?

spyder

hi everyone!

elaine > welcome back to this thread started by you pioneers. HEH. you are indeed correct that we have a large number of netizens from our block.
happy.gif
the shouting has stopped for 3 days now... tats good news... as for mahjong... luckily its not me... but i normally only play on weekends... HEH. anyway, i dont play 24/7 so free... i can hear at times... but for me, its not so disturbing...

piper &amp; elaine > the blackout is not experienced by me. maybe your entire column of units kenna? dripping clothes wise, i am so far cleared of this problem, anyway, i use dryer to dry or spin them dry before i hang them out to air... hope no one sabotage me like tat...

mosaic_fish

Good MOrn Everyone... it have been long tat I came in to read the posts.. and very shocked to noe that there is this hokkien man disturbing most of u.. for my blk 152.. we have a karaoke family.. they blast their home theatre speakers and sing.. terrible.. can sing whole day... but recently wks they have improved.. not so loud and sing few hrs... so hope they continue to improve..

I noticed the stale smell and it is so strong this morn.. usually I only smell it in my living room.. but this morn i can smell it in my MBR.. i closed all my MBR windows and on aircon.. and the smell manage to find the way into my MBR.. *FAINTED*

spyder

hi mosaic fish...

so to conclude, in the your corner, we have the ktv family keeping everyone entertained, and in our corner, we have irritating hokkien man keeping us awake... hahaha... er... i didnt buy my flat with such freebie leh... can cancel this option? hahaha...

any updates regarding the smell, still no replies from the town council?

mosaic_fish

I called up town council on fri afternoon, they said they had received a few complaints already and already assigned an officer to investigate the smell. I tell the officer abt the river near our estate. She said they will investigate and if the smell is from tat river, they will inform NEA abt it.

levynn

hi all...
i smelt the horrible smell too. it was like, came out of nowhere all of a sudden. the whole MBR toilet n kitchen was full of the smell. (at ard 6 plus this morning) might not b fr the river... coz it was already so strong at our side, then for those near to the river, must b choked wif the smell liao...

btw, this is spyder's wife...
happy.gif

spyder

hi all.

confirmation of smell detected @ 155 this morning. hmmm... first time it smells this bad... so this is the SMELL everyone was complaining about???

mosaic_fish

Hi All,

Yup, this morn the smell was very very strong.. and is coming from my kitchen windows. I got to close my kitchen and living rm windows if not I will faint..

calbee

haiz...and a power trip too. both myself and husband are working. just return from work and got to reset the mainpower. My fridge goes without power for whole day. Not sure if the food inside is still fresh.

How can there be another power trip shortly after few weeks?! Anyone feedback to the Town Council?

spyder

hi all...

mosaic fish > yup, the smell was very strong, becoz normally, we dont get it over here... could it be coming from somewhere else?

calbee > power trip is not experienced here... hope everything is okay...

rvc15x

Hi all...

spyder> finally u n ur wifey smelt the stench tat i was first complaining abt.
this morning's situation was really bad.
my side was so choking, think u don get it was cos of ur flat direction.

come to think of it my kitchen window is in a direction capturing the full frontal impact from the river direction. kitchen n toilets were "gassed", its was there way b4 6am.
reaching its max between 0615 ~ 0700hrs.

btw think i heard the crazy shouting again. but it subsided after a few mins.
u called the SK NPC?

mosaic_fish

Hi All,

Some updates, according to NEA, the smell is from a canal nearby our estate and NEA is looking into it. Hope they will clean the canal soon and we will have fresh morn air.

Thanks Green_Apple and Daisy for calling up with Town Council and NEA.

spyder

hi residents...

snowman > yup, finally after denying the fact of the foul smell, my unit finally got it yesterday... lol... but this morning i dont think so, however, wifey complained the LRT smelt horrible... guess it could be from the canal...

mosaic fish > wonder if the nea can settle it becoz the canal stretches quite a long distance, already happened while i was staying in hougang years ago... lol... but thanks for the updates, hope town council AND nea both do their work to get rid of this smell...

as for the shouting, snowman, i am sorry, didnt call last night, decided to wait for 5 minutes to see if he persisted... he stopped so i went back to sleep... however, i think if he does it again, i wont hesitate again... just trying to be more tolerant here unless he tests my patience... just curious, you guys &amp; gals think could it be 'mentally challenged' neighbour?

daisylove

Hi Spyder,

think it's the canal. At first I called Town Council to feedback then the officer said this would be handled by NEA as Town Council will take action if the smell is due to the rubbish chute clearing. The kind officer forwarded my case to NEA but I called NEA myself too. The NEA officer reached our area at 9.50 am this morning but the smell already gone by then. I told him that he should try 6+ am. According to the NEA officer, he said it's due to low tide at the canal at certain times that caused the smell. They will monitor and check whether there is any choking anywhere along the canal. I told him I almost vomitted whenever the strong smell came. He laughed and said he already used to such smell, very friendly chap
happy.gif
He asked us to feedback whenever the smell come and they will take action.

By the way, I'm using M1 hp too, so far the reception has been ok except when I get into the lift. Previously I was using Singtel and could even continue talking inside the lift.

Hi Mosaic_fish,
you are welcome. More people call, then they will take the case more seriously heh heh...
happy.gif

bbnn

The smell should be coming from the river.
This morning, did not smell anything.
On the way to work via TPE heading toward PIE, near the canal beside Lor Halus, I noticed the smell again.
Exactly the smell on Monday morning.

mosaic_fish

Hi All,

I ask a colleague that lived near our estate abt this foul smell. He lived sk for 5 yrs already. He tell me the hill after the river used to be a dumping ground and every yr this smell get very strong due to low tide and last for abt 3mths. Tink could be the dumping ground tat is polluting the river. He also tell me that NEA maybe can't do anything much as they had experienced this all these yrs and it didn't get better.
sad.gif

hydeto

Long time bo post liao.....
Never got the chance to notice the foul smell...As i leave my house normally at 8plus am.....And wat not around Sg this week and some week ago....

As for the reception, M1 reception is very bad at my area....Blk 155, level 15....Low or no reception when go to kitchen or MBR, dinner area...Wonder anyone here tried to call M1 to complaint?

spyder

hyde > complained. reported would send engineers to check, till now, no replies, no follow up, problem remains.
sad.gif

mosaic fish > hmmm... this means we gotta put up with this smell every year for 3 months? wow... wonder if straits times ever kenna informed of such stuff... or we gotta wait till next election? becoz if upgrading dont work, maybe clean air would be the reason for casting the all important vote? lol...

rvc15x

Hi All,

Thanks to all who took the effort to call Town Council &amp; NEA to make our area a better place to live in.
happy.gif

Btw Noticed that nowadays some of the lrt contains the foul smell.
sad.gif

esp

hihi everyone, ya. i took the lrt in the morning and smell it too.. gosh but fortunately its only for a while. how time files.. i have shifted here for almost one year..
happy.gif

trekkerb

Wow... havent been here for awhile, so many posts. I havent really enncountered the bad smell but I do hear ppl quarreling/shouting @ nite.

mr_ben

Juz to check, anyone been to the roof-top garden on top of the Multi Storey carpark? It is locked the last time i tried to open.

mr_ben

Well, think they have wasted a lot of money to decorate the place but yet resident are unable to access it! Not to mention the electricity bills needed to pay for the lights!!

rvc15x

Dear All,

Wrote to Town Council abt the rooftop garden and got a reply from them.
Refer below for the reply.
------------------------------------
Thank you for the feedback.
The rooftop garden at the mscp is designed by HDB to be a vegetable garden
plot. We are working with the RC to seek volunteers to man the garden.
Once we have sufficient volunteers to tend the site during the day, we will
open the garden to the public.
We would appreciate your understanding that as those are edible crops,
public access will be allowed only if there is supervision.

bbnn

Got vegetable meh? Dun remember seeing them.
Maybe I dun even know how they look like? LOL.

I am surprise so many is interested to go roof garden.

The secret to open the door is to work on the catch that latch the door shut.
Use any credit card to slowly shift the catch in while maintaining certain pressure so that the catch won't bounce back.
The catch is quite loose so quite easy to shift it in. U should be able to open the door under 1 min.
So far, the easiest door to open is the one where the lift is.

Another easy way is, someone is already in the roof garden.
The rest get inside the lift and the one in roof garden press the lift to reach the roof garden lvl.

The lift cannot reach the roof garden (aka 7 lvl) by the lift button as it is lock. However, if someone were to press the lift at roof garden, it will come up.

Maybe we arrange for a mass visit to "break in" into roof garden? :cool:

spyder

BBNN > Wow, way cool move! Are you with the IMF? Or SOF? So this time round would be organising a mass visit to the roof garden to visit the 'future' vegetable garden?

Snowman > Does it mean our area is selected to be those 'hydro farming' type of estates? Would it decrease our conveyancy charges when they make money selling the vegetables? :p

elaine77

Hi everyone,

I did smell the foul smell on sunday when its raining very heavily..terrible smell.

Me and my hubby did went up to the garden on 7th floor before. Its just coincidence that there are someone working there.. so we just went in.. so we happily walk walk around until we heard someone calling us to leave.. it supposed to be a vege garden, but according to that foreman there.. it says that is not successful yet.. so cant open for public.

I saw chilies.. aloe vera.. parsley.. and many other ego vege.. but the aloe vera plant is huge. keke.. ladies can pluck some back for facial.. ekkee

spyder

Elaine > No wonder you got asked to leave.. I think if the vege gardens go ahead, it would be locked for good... Everyone would go by and see and start plucking... In the end, it would go back to zero... LOL... No wonder not successful... Or is it they havent started asking for volunteers yet?

esp

hihi.. ya.. the roof garden taking such a long time and we residents have one place less to go. BTW, last night was woken by some screams. Its actually from the void deck of blk 183 side. Then later police came. my hubby say he saw i think a mother pulling the daughter practically dragging her on the ground when she refuses to move. Quite scary leh. Cos my opposite blk downstairs always have people sitting there till late into the night. Haizz.. have you guys tried returning home late ever since shifted in ? i have not yet.. cos here rather quiet and i quite scare.. Also have you guys seen the man and woman always pratising outside our lrt station ? dun know what they doing but they seems to be in deep thought and seems so undisturbed by wats going on around then. they happen to be there always around 8pm out Rhumbia LRt.. you guys saw ?

trekkerb

Hmmm..... I will fetch my wife if it's later than 9pm. It's really quiet aroud here, even with the rivervale mall just nearby. There are many strangers sitting aroud @ night, I'm kinda worried that it's not safe.