Sengkang Rivervale 150 series (Chip Huat Construction)

spyder

Hi hamster! Welcome to Rivervale Crescent & welcome to Block 155... :D Just to add, Hyde is @ Block 155 too! I just climbed up all 17 storeys today to take a look, I think all in all, about 10+ units still aren't renovated...

hamster72

Hi Ben, I am staying on the 17 floor. unit 140.

spyder, I think on my floor, 2 units still not renovated yet. I got to choose between 142 (i think) and 140, and i choose 140. which floor r u staying on?

btw, Happy Valentines Day to all!
happy.gif

hamster72

Hi spyder, i think 7140 came out in 4D in late Dec (if i remember correctly) right? did u strike?
happy.gif
Who is your renovator? how much did u spend on your reno?

Hi Hyde, are u around? don't see any reply from u leh.
happy.gif

spyder

Hi hamster! Wow. You are a 4D expert arh? 7140 came out on 01/01/2006. I won, $208 bucks becoz I bought i-bet $5... Forgot to buy the ordinary number that day. :D Small win... Heh...

hamster72

Hi spyder, i m not 4D expert lah, just that i also bought 7140 initial after getting the unit, but later reduce to ibet. so i also kenna ibet for 7140 on 1/1/06.
happy.gif

spyder

Hi hamster! Oh, I see. So we both won on the same day. :D I guess you must have won quite a bit lor... Since you just got the unit, so should have thrown in a lot of 'investment' Heh...

hamster72

Hi spyder, no lah. if the number came out in Oct or Nov, then yes, but too bad the number came out in Jan, only strike 2 bucks ibet on 1 Jan 06, and another 2 bucks ibet on 22 Jan for starter, i think.

kookiemonster

Hi everyone,
Just have to say this coz very happy about it. Hopefully i stay happy until i move in lah. Don't want to have any headaches regarding reno. I've started my reno after leaving my unit empty for 2 months.
proud.gif

hamster72

Hi spyder, congrats.
happy.gif
Will you be at home this weekend? thinking of visiting your unit and see your design to get some ideas if i do dropby my new unit.

mr_ben

Hi hamster,
Sure. Provided u can catch me at home. A good time will be either in the morning or evening.

And to everyone,
So, how is everyone coping with the prayers held at the hindu temple?
Juz to let u all know, the prayers will last till sunday.

piper

hi Mr Ben,

Saw them pitching more & more tents...so i think there'll be quite a big turnout this weekend.

Think they started the prayer service since 7.30 am this morn. Glad tat it'll be over this sunday!

spyder

Hi hamster! Sure, you can drop by anytime, I should be home the whole day.
happy.gif
Small humble home... Heh...

Mr Ben, thanks for the info. They are celebrating the grand opening for the Hindu Temple right? Good that it'll be over by Sunday...

jendome

Hi SKRV neighbours,
My parents staying in Blk 156, can i noe where or which number can i dial to sub for newspaper to be delivery to house ?

Pls advise, thanks

hydeto

Hi Guys!
Been a long time since I visit this forum.

Hamster - You staying at #17-140 at B155? I'm just 2 floor below you. During my WIS, was thinking of 07-140,15-140 and 17-140.

hydeto

BTW, anyone notice there was some quarel and arguement around blk 155,156 yesterday at late night? Shouting and screaming?

hamster72

Hi hyde,

Yup, i m staying at 17-140. went to visit spyder on 17 feb, he mention abt you too. guess u must be way ahead of me during the WIS huh? wat's your queue number? mine was 490.

hamster72

Hi hyde, sure, i will dropby your place when i visit my place. just settle on my ID, will start my renovation this week. wonder who's staying right below me. hope i will not give him/her too much inconvenience.

Hello!

Been a while, since I've been here. I guess some quarreling is expected once in a while. I was told that my neighbour (directly opposite), turns on his tv really loud and speaks hokkien loudly when answering the phone. We'll deal with it when we get back... but all I can think of is that probably it's just an old man who's hard of hearing...what can you do, right?

My husband would like to find out if the ethernet wiring in our apt is cat 5 or cat 6...
happy.gif

We have lots of temples around our area!

bbnn

Most probably Cat5.
Actually Cat 5 or 6 not much of a diff unless u r talking about running Gbit network.

spyder

hi paperbag -waves- welcome to rivervale crescent.
happy.gif

trekker - eh, whose the organiser for the AGM? the house hopping trip was cancelled last time right?

paperbag

hi ben, speaking of service that the HDB office gave...
not bad, but there's one policy they have that totally left pissed me off today.

the story goes like this:

today, i happily went there to collect my keys(given to them to correct my house defects b4 reno). den they told me that they hand it over yesterday, to someone who claim to b my dad! i was like @_@" Totally shock!!! cos i did not ask anyone to collect my key on my behalf! wah piang!

Worst thing is that my "papa" surname is Mr. Ho. BUT i'm NOT Mr. Ho lor, my wife is not Hohoho either. So who is this new "lao peh"??

after some verification, the recept there told me that Mr. Ho claimed the wrong key.

i was like -_-""

First, the surnames on the claim form is totally wrong!
Second, he did not dare to ask the key claimer to verify the owner's name (which is us), or y the surnames are different. cos balls kept in safebox at home =P
Third, he did not even bother to call us to verify!
Fourth, he gave me excuse that that's their current policy(no verification policy... duh). reason because they r afraid to "offend" the key claimer n they are also scared that the key claimer will scold them for questioning their integrity. alamak, y so kiasi!!?? oh, balls kept at home...

wat crap rite??? i entrust my key to them n yet they choose to "not offend" a stranger than safeguarding my house. wat if i finish my reno n all my new furnitures kana 'cope' overnight? sleep on floor liao -_-'

their so call "policy" is endangering our luv nest lor, next one dunno who will kana...
next time no need to buy furniture liao, go claim one key from them can oredi (jus joking, haha)

esp

hI EVERYONE, any one of you have the water seepage problem ? my study room walls got this water stains lei.. think its raining time and the water seep thru from the exterior walls to the interiors walls. I saw that during the cny time my block actually have gondola outside think they are fixing this problem at other unit. Called town council and waited many days and the officer not yet call me. then called again today to learn that actually its suppose to be under HDB cos my flat is new and so call under hdb warranty.. piang waste my time. So called hdb and the technical officer suppose to call me regarding this until now no news.. haizzz

mr_ben

Hi Paperbag,
Think that should be under the top 10 nightmare of collecting keys! SO, at th eend of he day, did u manage to get back your house keys?

And dolphin,
So far i dun have this problem but juz to check, which block are u staying at again?

duckweed

hi everyone,
i am not a resident here, but i do visit occasionally on weekends. have noticed that there is no free parking at the multi-storey carpark at blk 156a on sundays and public holidays.

went over to the opposite blocks (14x series) and noticed their carpark is free on sundays and public holidays. so now i resort to parking there whenever i am around on sundays.

does anyone know why this is the case? have tried calling hdb, and was told that residents need to apply to rc to request for free parking on sundays/public holidays. isn't this strange?

duckweed, that is strange indeed. Didn't know we had the "power" to request for free parking. Normally though, I'd expect that most HDB carparks near shopping areas, food centres, interchanges etc wouldn't have free parking at all. But then again, now there's the whole red lots system...

Paperbag, I think there are 2 of us at blk 151, trekker and i. Which level are you on in 151? I'm on 14th.

Dolphin, sorry to hear about the water seepage problem. I'll ask my parents to check if we have that too.

hydeto

I think one of my room like also having the same problem like dolphin. But still can't confirm whether is really water leaking in from outside wall.
Dolphin, Which blk are you at?
Maybe can compare our wall to see whether same problem or not.

paperbag

hi ben, yup, i collected my key yesterday. luckily that fella is quite polite n keep apologising, or else the straits times forums wil get this post oredi =P

dj, i live on the 4th, good to c someone who lives on the same blk as me

spyder

Anyone gathered a list of defects tat are common in our area?
happy.gif

To add in, my phone lines are fried again for the 2nd time in my 2 months in the new flat. Wonder what is wrong?
sad.gif

esp

HI ALL, I am staying at blk 156. Currently there is some lines for gondola fixing this problem outside my common room window.
happy.gif

The hdb guy came and told me its confirm water seepage pro from the exterior and we need to paint our walls ourselve. Luckily its not that bad.

spyder

Hi Residents.

Hyde & me are experiencing some sort of very very small little bugs in our place. Anyone else with similar experiences? Thanks.

BTW, someone mentioned writing to the RC/TC regarding free parking for weekends at block 156A. Anyone has the email / address to write to?

Hi,

It's been awhile eh?

Just wondering, have you started paying for your conservency charges through GIRO? We signed up for GIRO payment when we collected our keys but I haven't heard from the Bank or HDB. Wonder if it's gotten through...we're supposed to have started paying from April. Do they usually deduct on April 1st?

Thanks! It's sometimes different to coordinate such things "virtually".

spyder

Hi Everyone.

Wow, this thread has seriously slowed down a lot this year... Everyone busy after moving in? DJ, a Giro Application takes average 2 months to be processed, if I am not wrong, you gotta monitor it yourself, they'll send you a bill and I believe if you have Internet Banking, you can see it from your account.
happy.gif

Thanks spyder...will monitor my bank a/c.
happy.gif
Do they usually deduct during the beginning of the month or middle or end?

Ya, I think everyone has already finished reno and moved in, that's why it just slowed down...

Any new addition in any household?
happy.gif

spyder

Anyone heard the shouting again last night?
I think its @ block 156... I'm trying to narrow it down to a certain unit...