Sengkang Rivervale 150 series (Chip Huat Construction)

daisylove

Hi all,

haven't been in forum for quite some time. Quite shocked to know that there are bat attack cases in our area.

Yesterday while I was hanging my clothes, someone (should be one of my top neighbours) had accidentally dropped her undergarment and got caught by one of the short poles (for hanging bamboo stick) outside my kitchen. As I'm at the 11th storey and there are 6 units above mine, I don't know which one it belongs to. When I looked up, there were no clothes hanging outside above me, so I couldn't be sure of which unit. I felt shy to bring it door to door to those 6 units to ask if it belongs to anyone, hence I thought by leaving it on the short pole, the owner might notice and come to knock my door and collect it. However, so far, no one has come. Hopefully it belongs to one of you here, u can collect from me if u know it's urs. I'll have to discard it by tomorrow if nobody comes to collect, sorry. By the way, I'm living in block 152 and from our contact list, u can know my unit number
happy.gif

Hello!

we collected our keys and saw our apt yesterday
happy.gif
We have a neighbour directly opposite our's.

etnt, i told my father in law about your bat incident, apparent it's a good thing, in chinese...something about good fortune.

the apt looks fine overall, but it does look smaller than on the plan. we didn't do much checking, but i got shut in the masterbath because that door is misaligned! Had to bang on it to get someone to rescue me from outside. How long do we have before we need to hand in the defects list?

mr_ben

Hey DJ,
Would like to share some stuff with u, One thing abt our wonderful estate (150 to 156) is tat our toilet esp our master room toilet is pretty challenging. Wat some people do is to change the direction of the toilet door. i.e hack down the adjacent wall. I did not do tat as 1) cost money,
2) My wife got to give up a big vanity top and settle a smaller one which to her is impossible.
3) the reno may be delayed by abt 2 to 3 weeks.

Btw, at the multi-storey carpark, there is a HDB office which have excellent service. Try telling them the problem. THink they will solve your problem asap.

kookiemonster

Hi DJ,
Congrats on your keys!! so sorry to hear that you got locked in the masterbedroom toilet. You have 1 year guarantee from the day you collect your keys. But better settle the defects ASAP! I had to settle with the business centre 2X because 1st time they didn't do properly and missed out certain stuffs. They will usually give you the dateline as 1 week to complete the defects. Oh give you a tip, don't forget to bring a marker with you...so you can mark those unsatisfactory areas so that the contractor won't forget where to settle the defects. Sometimes, they have memory problem..hehehe.

The masterbedroom door..hmm, if really no choice due to the crampiness, another option besides hacking which ben mentioned is to change the door. Use the bi-folded type of door. I'm changing the door.

Hi Ben,
Hehehe...the way you describe the masterbedroom toilet is so funny. So cute... you must understand women.. we need more space to "doll" up. That HDB office at the carpark is not HDB office lah.. that's the Business Centre. I heard they're actually the main contractors.

spyder

just to check, anyone doors can close before reno, cant close after reno? or recently due to the rainy season? my contractor told me my bedroom doors have expanded... quite curious about this... thanks in advance...

tarepiggy

Hey DJ! U r back in town! Congrats on ur key collection! I'll be at my new hse this Sat fr 2pm onwards. Call me if u wanna pop over! =D

spyder

hi snowman. so its true? becoz when i took over the flat, i checked the doors, they could close very well. however, after the renovation was carried out, the doors couldn't close anymore. according to my contractor, she mentioned 'expansion' of doors due to weather... so it could be true... just wondering how come my current home doesn't have such problems...

mr_ben

Hi Snowman,
Well, i ask the SP guys to activate the gas meter and they told me that the gas pipe leaked. On hindsight, should have activate the gas meter before i put up the kitchen cabinet.
And i noticed my toilet door has juz expanded too!

piper

hmm...seems like everyone is having problem with the common toilet door. Mine too...gotta give it a good push then the door will close properly. At first i thought it's due to our paint job coz we repainted all the doors.

As for my master bedroom toilet, we've changed it to a sliding one.

This morn kenah a bat attack. The bat was a bit stupid...keep flying the same route even though i've opened all the windows for it to fly out. In the end, it managed to find its way out though i dunno how. Hmm...if according to DJ, does tat mean this wednesday i gotta go buy 4D?

spyder

hi hi piper.

you too? for me, i changed my toilet doors to bi-fold ones. but currently, my bedroom doors are affected... only the master bedroom one is working normally... for now... my contractor says will look into it for me... gonna do acid wash on this thursday followed by thorough cleaning by me for this weekend...
happy.gif

mosaic_fish

Hi DJ, glad to know u are back...
happy.gif
Welcome!!

I also having door expansion problem.. One of my bedroom door can't close properly now.. Is true bcos my parents' hse bedroom doors will always have this problem when is during rainy season.

elaine77

Hi everyone,

This thread is as happening as before..
happy.gif
its been awhile since i read this thread. I just got back from bangkok for holiday and i saw so many interesting msgs.. so surprised that theres bat flying around our blks.. issit only blk 155 & blk 156 encounter that? I did not encounter bats 'visiting' til now but i saw 2 big lizards around my flat.. i was terrified when i found 1 big fat lizard in my kitchen, i was screaming and jumping.. haha.. i bet my neighbour downstairs heard my scream
happy.gif

ben.. im also staying at blk 155, i always take the same lift with a few young couples in the morning & after work.. maybe its you in one of the days..

piper.. spyder, mine also have this problem, especially my common bathroom and master bedroom door, i have closed it hard to close.. esp at night.

mr_ben

Hi elaine, if u leave home at 6.30am every morning, then most pro tat person is me. Lizard in the kitchen??!! Got to tell my wife abt it! Think if she see tat, she will freak out and in and back again!! Wat an interesting estate!

spyder

Hi everyone.

Elaine - Lizards appearing already? Oh no, gotta inform my wife about it too, she hates lizards... :p Regarding the doors, my contractor said she'll try to trim the doors a litle... So I hope it'll be rectified soon...

Piper - Are you saying the doors expand and contract due to temperature changes? Hmmm... Cheap doors provided by HDB???

Mr Ben - You are right, its starting to get more and more interesting...

Anyone noticed tat the creepy crawlies are no longer around? Drowned in the recent downpour? Anyone any updates? HA!

Trekker - Hey man! Just wondering if that time you told me about the Durolock promotion is still on? Thanks.

piper

hi spyder,

i'm not too sure wat's the cause....but so far *touch wood*, my bedroom doors do not hv any problem. Only got problem with the common toilet door. But I've gotten used to it, so it's ok for me.

spyder

Trekker - Thanks bro!
happy.gif
Should be buying tomolo. Everything completed liao, only Alumix left...

Piper - Okay, thanks for the info, my doors are 'rectified' already according to my contractor, hope its not out of shape... Is this problem with the building structure...
sad.gif

Hello!

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to reply. I don't have a pc/internet connection at my in-law's place.

As for the door problem, we exprience that at our apt overseas when the climate changes from summer to winter. For us, there's no way around it really, so we just live with it. Over there even the parquet shrinks in winter!
happy.gif

Now that my husband is officially on leave, would like to visit you all. Will you all be in tomorrow, Sunday 22nd? Probably from around noon - 5pm. we're thinking of visiting our apt again also. Will try to call some of you this evening.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

bb123

Good Morning all,

Recently our unit experience power tripped a few times especially during rainy days.
sad.gif
The electician will come and solve it today. Just wondering if any one of you experience the same problem? Please share.

Thanks!

trekkerb

I had a power trip last friday. THought it was due to some faulty electrical app, well it's a one-off incident. Will monitor.

spyder

hi everyone...

yo trekker, so the happening thing tats happening is power tripping? bb123 is in block 152, you are in block 151 right? can i check if its the entire block or just unit only?

as for block 155, my furniture are in already. waiting for my washer & dryer... and some touch up, should be moving in this week for a short stay over the CNY period. :D

bb123

Hi All,

The electrician had tested that one of the wire connection is not done properly, so he fixed it for us but of course with a fee. Hope that the problem is really solved and we wun experience power tripped again.

mr_ben

Hi everyone,
I would like to wish everyone a healthy and prosperous Chinese New Year. May no bats enter our house, toilet doors remain the way it designed to be, ceiling dun crack, no black out or power trip, _____ ,______

Hello!

We've been in and out of our neighbourhood in the last one week. Hope to see some of you over the next week.
happy.gif

So, spyder, you'll be in this weekend and next week? Can we visit?
happy.gif

Have a Happy New Year!

spyder

hi everyone!

here's wishing everyone a happy and great chinese new year ahead...
happy.gif
i have officially moved in to rivervale... heh. but some rooms aint furnished yet... but this weekend, i should be around on saturday morning... feel free to drop by... can sms me... thanks...
happy.gif

kookiemonster

hi everyone,
Happy chinese new year! Almost 2 months since i've got my keys and i've still not started my reno yet.
crazy.gif
Someone over here mentioned using Ho Bee Renovation Contractor. Who is it ah???

rvc15x

They (HDB main con) finally got our Block(155) Sign up and running
happy.gif
before CNY after writing in to complain abt it.

Noticed it in late Nov'05 that the sign was dimly lit @ nite. But somehow they din noticed it. Sigh...
To think that we pay conservancy charges. Wrote to Town Council they actually say not under their scope cos its new block so they refered to Main Con. Am happy that its ok now.
happy.gif

spyder

hi snowman! you are like me, i found the sign dimly lit too, but didnt really thought about writing in yet... heh... thanks by the way...

another problem, how come our carpark has no free parking during sundays and public holidays? whats the email address to complain to? haha...

kookiemonster

Hi Ben,
I wouldn't want to know. As long as not cemetery can oredi. Why leh?? You start seeing things ah?

Guys, need help.. until now, i comparing quotes. Now intend to go for contractor. Since they said contractor cheaper than ID. I really want to start reno leh. But so far, the 1st contractor i asked for quotation, Ho Bee quote me $1100 for painting whole house for 4 room! Wah liew..i thought they contractor.. how come price like ID leh? Wheareas with earnest, they comes together with package. Basic package = $8K But won't give us the breakdown. Any kind soul here can give me contractor quotation??? If it's the lowest, i will sign with your contractor. I'm just going to do basic things leh.

mr_ben

Hi Kookie,
Think my contractor did it for abt $700- $800. Cos i bought my own paint. Drop a note if u wan my contractor number. Highly recomend him.

kookiemonster

Hi Ben,
How can i drop you a note? You don't accept PM. Got email etc??? I give you mine, [email protected] (*note there is an underscore: dmd_sg)Can email me as soon as possible? If your contractor offer me the lowest, i sign on with him oredi. If not, i have to sign on with this other ID (coz he's the lowest among the others that i have).

spyder

hi mr. ben... not really sure, either its a farm of forest i think... seng kang and punggol area used to have lots of pig farms, fish farms or are densely forested areas with trees on either side of punggol roads until they started developing... no cemeteries as far as i can remember...

trekkerb

Hi Ben & Kookie,

Something you may wanna to keep in mind that the cheapest /= best quotation.

Some other things that you may want to consider:
- Material used
- Workmanship
- Design
- The rapport you have with the contractor/ID
- Hidden cost

Some of my friend's contractor/ID promised everything under the sky but after signing, any adjustment is cost. Have the contract stated clearly & the layout drawn out to avoid any dispute.

Juz my two cents

spyder

kookie monster, just to add to trekker's advice... do keep close to your original ideas, as the changes are bound to occur, upgrades, changes of materials, additional stuff, all will increase your costs, so do keep a little for such extras... cheapest doesn't mean the best... good luck...

Hello!

We're back in US. Glad to have met some of you during our short trip home. Thank you for sharing your home with us.
happy.gif

Piper, do you know how much it costs to hack the part of the kitchen wall and rewire the cable/electric points? That's something that we've been wondering about. Still thinking of doing a pass-through at that part of the kitchen all (for air circulation)...

My husband says that area was a farm area, but he can't remember what farm. It's quite funny, but his mom told me that at BuangKok, near Hougang Green, that piece of land used to be for lepers. Probably she meant hospital/housing for leprosy patients.

piper

Hi DJ,

Nice meeting you on CNY's eve.

I can't remember the exact cost for hacking the kitchen wall, need to check my quotation. But our kitchen walls have steel reinforcement, therefore, you'll need to engage a PE to certify that the wall is ok for demolishing. PE can cost between $300-600. Also, with the enforced steel, i remembered we gotta top up another $300 to bring down the 2 walls.

My rewiring costs were included in the wiring for the entire house. So I can't provide a breakdown of rewiring for kitchen only.

spyder

Hi DJ, just like to contribute that I paid PE fees of $500 for the approval for demolition. I paid another $250 to hack the new entrance of the kitchen door. Just for your reference.

mr_ben

Hi DJ,
There is a home next to the former woodbridge, which is very near to Buangkok that house the lepers. I went to visits it when i was in Sec School. However, those lepers have already recovered but still shows scars of their past.

Thank you, Piper and spyder
happy.gif
Those are good figures for us to keep in mind. At least we know now, it's in the hundreds and not the thousands. We'll probably budget about 1000-1500 extra for that wall - something to think about.

Yah, that's probably what my mil was referring to.
happy.gif
We have friends living there so when she asks, we just tell her that now
happy.gif
or "xiao keng" (mad house) :p

hamster72

Hi all, i m new here. really nice to see a thread for SK 150 series here.
happy.gif

I got a unit in blk 155 during the WIS in Oct 2005. And from what i'd read so far (only manage to read the last 120 replies), I know that Ben, piper, spyder, snowman and elaine77 are occupents of blk 155 as well.
happy.gif

m currently looking for ID. Anyone did their renovation with Ginda or Cisxxrn (xx stands for ee) or heard abt them? Any comments?

Hope to get to know all of u soon.
happy.gif

hamster72

Hi all, i m new here. really nice to see a thread for SK 150 series here.
happy.gif

I got a unit in blk 155 during the WIS in Oct 2005. And from what i'd read so far (only manage to read the last 120 replies), I know that Ben, piper, spyder, snowman and elaine77 are occupents of blk 155 as well.
happy.gif

m currently looking for ID. Anyone did their renovation with Ginda or Cisxxrn (xx stands for ee) or heard abt them? Any comments?

Hope to get to know all of u soon.
happy.gif