Sengkang Rivervale 150 series (Chip Huat Construction)

spyder

etnt could be right, so far, a few times i've been up at RVC, could hear kids shouting when they are at the playground... :| but i think after 10, it should be okay? went up to see the ceiling works last night, it was so quiet...

mosaic_fish

Last nite 11pm++ still got 4 kids screaming at the playground last nite... Was wondering why the parents didnt send them to bed.. then my hubby remind me now is school holidays..

Etnt, I got something very angry wan to complain. is abt my direct upstair neighbour, the family live opps your living rm. The wife was washing her common toliet window at 8PM++ by spray water down and splashed on my kitchen windows and it was NOT RAINING at all leh... I nearly bring my clothes out to air... really very inconsiderate.. not only this, her washed clothes are not squeeze dry have been dripping water on my spin dry clothes.. *ARGHZzzz*

mosaic_fish

Hi Piper, congrats!
happy.gif
I will like to see your hse too... after u moved in on Wed, will u be doing unpacking first? Izzit better for us to visit u next wk? hehe..

piper

hi mosaic fish,

We'll most prolly be unpacking over the weekends & every nite after work. But you all can still drop by if you dun mind the messiness
biggrin.gif

Next week is xmas & we are expecting some guests over fm 24-26 Dec!! So die die also must finish upacking by then!

g_apple

Both mosaic_fish and myself are victims of the aunties wet clothes! The other day, think she wash her kids' bag.. it was so wet that I can hear water dripping onto the ground floor when I was cooking!!

Mosaic_FIsh, think we shd goup and talk to her.

Piper, I wan see your house too

mosaic_fish

Etnt, no haven't if last nite i put my clothes out and kena her toliet washing water i confirm will go up and tok to her.. now I try to 'REN' until if she cross my limits I am going to tok to her..

Green_Apple... yes we shd ... I monitor first.. if she continue to do more then we go up together..
Green_apple, we can go to Piper's hse together.. hehe

etnt

mosiac_fish, green apple: then try to group and talk to her before it becomes a habit. at least change her behavior early in this new estate. No point suffering in silence.

bb123

Hi Mosaic_fish,

Yes, we had completed our reno last week. So now busy cleaning up and shifting of things in.

We will only move in officially after the traditional wedding. but we can still stay there during weekend. Permission granted. hehe...

What about you?

mosaic_fish

BB123, I moved in already.. but my hse is very messy.. haven't finish my unpacking yet... My contractor's guys are still coming in every sat to do touch up.. so cannot put my sofa and dining table in my living rm.. hoping they can complete all by this sat..
sad.gif

daisylove

Piper,
I would like to visit your house too. Will give u a call before coming up
happy.gif

Mosaic_fish & Green_Apple,
think if there is another episode, u both can go up immediately. Catch her red-handed... hopefully this neighbour can be more considerate next time...

BB123,
hee hee... could I come up to view your love nest too?
happy.gif

tarepiggy

hi hi ... count me in if u guyz r visiting Piper okie! =D

I've been gg to my new hse everyday since 2nd wk of sch hols ... to help my fiance wif the paint job ... hmmmmm .... feeling a great sense of satisfaction after completing all the 3 bedrooms by myself ...heheeee ... My fiance is concentrating on his "masterpiece" in the living room ... think tomolo will be fully completed!

Today we hv our lightings installed too! Finally we dun hv to quickly pack and leave when the sun sets ...So good to see that our hse is slowly becoming more and more like home each day ... yeah!

bb123

Hi Daisy,

Sure, you can come up to our house but the place is still very messy if you dun mind. :p Will take quite some time to clear up. Just drop my hubby a note if you are coming.
happy.gif

pauline12sg

Good morning!
happy.gif

Piper, would love to view ur house as well!

Mudpie, will u be at RVC this evening? I am going there today, might go up and look for u, hee...

spyder

wow. so where is the registration counter for piper's house visit? heh. house viewing trip starting again?

can i just check with the existing residents, how long averagely it took for you to unpack and get ready the house to be able to stay in? becoz currently, i am looking at mid january for renovation completion and i'll need to do lots of moving and unpacking. wonder if there's enough time for me to get ready by CNY... thanks in advance.

esp

Hi pipper, count me in as well .. hehe. Welcome to RVC. I usually dun venture out if its too late at night. As my block is behind the cluster i can heard some shouting and noise sometimes at night ..

etnt

suggestion: Want to do a mass house visiting this weekend?

We can gather together at someone's place, and start from there visiting units from block to block.

If interested, how about Sunday at 10am?

etnt

spyder, to unpack for staying is very fast, juz a couple of days will do.

to fully unpack will take very, very, very, very, very, very long

hydeto

Hi guys, one weeks plus didn't visit the forum and seems a lot of happening, just back to singapore today.
Hi Spyder, just now went to my place to check out, quite disappointing becos thot able to see my flooring work but only ceiling and electrical is nearly done.
But saw my stock for my tiles at the ground floor, so guess flooring will be pretty soon.
I also went to your unit to check out, open your unlock door and saw the hole at the wall u hacking.

piper

good morn folks! Just moved in yesterday & it's tiring. So tiring that we simply left the boxes untouched...think sat or sunday then will start opening up the "presents".

Realised there's so many things to buy even after we moved in...clothes hanger, clothes peg, ironing board, small plastic bags, rice container, salt & sugar container, pail.....and the list goes on....

If you guys wants to visit my place, just sms me. I should be at home this weekend....fixing up my blind this saturday!

spyder

hi people... donno if i can join you guys for sunday morning..
happy.gif
will try my best...

hyde - yo man! oic, those tiles are yours last night? lol. i thot it was mine until i went to my unit... you are right, that 'hole' i hacked costs me 500 bucks just for the PE fees alone... anyway, my electrical works for ceiling already completed for now, screeding by hdb has been done, defects rectified by hdb, the cement, sand & tiles are already inside my unit... the gas pipe has already been position for my cooker, water pipe shifted for my washing machine...

i'll be there this saturday morning @ 11am to talk to the aircon man...
happy.gif
according to my contractor, she said my flooring would be comleted by this saturday, next week would be bedrooms, before christmas should be able to walk around inside the empty house... expect the carpentry to be up by mid jan... then i can start to 'enjoy' the headache of piper liao... lol... currently, damn busy with wedding stuff... argh... :p

mosaic_fish

Hi Piper, yes.. the first few days my hubby and I keep visiting the shop at RV plaza tat sell all these.. until the shop owner recognise my hubby.. whenever the shop owner see our full shopping basket he will give us a very big smile.. and tell us must come back again to get rest of the stuffs....hahaha..

Etnt, tat is a good idea.. we can meet up together to go hse visiting... hehee

spyder

i was just thinking, would it create a commotion if a huge group of people move around RVC going to a few houses... etnt, wear smart smart, later residents would think its MP doing visits... LOL...

piper

spyder,
lol.gif
...then make sure u guys dress in white top & white pants...carry some banners...then will look like election campaigning!
lol.gif

pauline12sg

Hi, I would like to do house visiting with u all! Haven't meet some of u yet... Green_apple, Dolphin...etc :p

Dolphin, wanted to see ur cute dog as well!
happy.gif

g_apple

Hi Piper

Yes I agree, nv ending buying. We buy at hougang and AMK as the price are lower there... buy till I dare not step into NTUC at RVM.. $$ keep gg out.. every trip can easlier at least $30! Phew.
kao_dizzy.gif

Even now, I am still short of this & that but make do with it first

etnt, good idea leh.. I wld like to join in but I think my twins will be ransacking ev one house... Mosaic_fish know best...
lol.gif

Talking abt dog, think there is 1 below our unit... it will start barking ard 7.45am every morning.
kao_yawn.gif

etnt

Ok, although I believe most visited our house already, but I volunteer as the starting point lar. So at 10am, let's gather at my place, then we follow the itenary of
152: etnt->BBNN->mosaic_fish->green_apple->(any more? daisy?)

then from there go to next block
151: trekker->(fill in the blanks)
153: pauline->
155: piper->
happy.gif

spyder

trekker - i thot your block all taken up liao? still got people doing reno? for my side, i think my direct neighbour is about 2 weeks in front of me in reno... saw her a couple of times, but never said hi... :p

piper - er... can i bring hammer? my current place is workers party leh... gotta spread some influence here... lol... anyway, i think RVC is under pasir ris or something right? walk over victory, so no need to vote...
happy.gif

i'll just keep reading this thread, if i can make it on sunday, i'll let you guys know. erm, will report to etnt again, since his is the first house...
happy.gif

just in case anyone made a list of things to buy for new house... which i presume everything... LOL... can just mail to me? thanks.
happy.gif

mosaic_fish

Green_apple, we heard dog barking last weekend.. so maybe it is from the unit below yours.. and the barking sound quite poor thing my hubby and I were tinking izzit the owner left it alone at home..

Wow! This sounds really fun! House-visiting.
happy.gif
Anyone bringing a camera?

sorry, I've been busy running around and haven't been checking back. we're still waiting for HDB to get back to us on the key collection appt date. I'll probably only "bug" them after the new year.

Have fun unpacking and setting up your new home. Quite meaningful ya, ushering in the new year in your new home
happy.gif
Merry Christmas!

mr_ben

Hi, everyone! Saw tis thread and realise tat i have quite a number of neighbours. Juz wan to say hello and btw, i am staying at Blk 155.

elaine77

Hi everyone,

Its so happening here.. i have not read the thread for past few days. Been very busy at work.. since end of nov until now.. have not been resting well
sad.gif
My place is quite messy now and since last weekend..

Some friends came over last weekend and we tried cooking curry chicken but not very nice.. i swear that i will not cook curry chicken again.. it makes my kitchen so oily and smell of the curry for a few days due to poor ventilation in the kitchen..

wahh.. so you all planning the house hopping... you all want to do banner.. i design one for you all.. kekekee..
piper place is fantastic.. should leave her place at the last stop..
happy.gif

green apple.. a agree with you, every time i go NTUC or cold storage.. easily $30..and that hardware shop at plaza.. i think i spent alot in my kitchen.. buy this.. buy that..
Im always disturb by my neighbours kids downstairs.. they love to scream and cry.. cant stand it sometimes.. especially im on leave which i want to have a rest.

tarepiggy

Sorry Pauline, i din log in till today so din see ur thread. Actually i was there on Wed nite & even stayed over cos was finally able to tear out the floor protections and did a major clean up since our paint job was almost done. Din know u were at home, i stayed there alone as my fiance works nite-shift ... Then yesterday morning when i was gg to RV Mall for breakfast i saw Elaine & told her i was a bit frightened by the quietness of the nite ... hee

tarepiggy

i'm not sure if i can join u all this Sun cos we having a potluck dinner @fren's place on sun & my fiance is making tiramisu @his hse since our kitchen not equipped yet ... will let u all know again .. if can, can come up to my hse after visit to pauline's =D

But tml Sat i'll be there whole day so if anyone wanna drop by, just sms me b4 popping over cos i may go RV Mall shop shop ...kekeee

mosaic_fish

Hi elaine77, do u like jap curry? it will not be messy.. dun require coconut milk also.. it do give a curry smell when u cook but is not as strong as chicken curry.. U can buy the jap curry pack from RV mall NTUC and just follow the instruction on the pack, u only need to prepare chicken, carrot, onion, potatos.. is very nice.. i cook a few times and my family loves it..

Hi Mudpie, wow.. painting is almost done.. maybe I visit u on sat first.. will u be ard on sat evening?

Hi Elaine,
if you want to try cooking curry again, get the rempah (curry paste) from a market or a pre-mix like Brahim's to try out first lor. It really cuts down the prep time. Also don't really need to put much oil since the chicken itself has oil/fat and as long as you start stirring or scrapping the bottom of the pot after you add the liquid, it shouldn't stick. And coconut milk, if you use it, would give out oil as well...when it's boiled.
Jap Curry premixes work great too
happy.gif
Fast and easy solution...cheaper too!

I think as long as there's no heavy (deep) frying going on, the smell should clear quite quickly, esp if the windows are opened. Overhere, we have an open-kitchen in our 1 bedroom apt and we don't open the windows! (Our windows can't really open cos of safety issues) But the smell clears eventually...and we love the smell of food, so it doesn't disturb us.
happy.gif
Guess it's just a matter of getting used to... Ideally though, it'd be a dream to have a wet and dry kitchen!

Have fun meeting up!
happy.gif

trekkerb

tsk tsk...... Guess "Meet the people" session did not go as planned. Hope Spyder did not go buy his white shirt & pants.
happy.gif

spyder

oh, it was cancelled? i was up at my place on saturday morning & afternoon waiting for some delivery. sunday was there for only a short while. was looking around for the members, didnt see anything... didnt know it was cancelled... you are right trekker... luckily, i didnt buy anything... LOL...

My parents went to the neighbourhood after visiting my brother in Ponggol. They say that the place looks 80% occupied. Is that true? They also saw some sand and tiles and stuff lying around. Unfortunately, they forgot which blk we'll be in, so they couldn't give us any specific info and just said, "Aiyah, come home then go and see lor". I guess that'll be the plan...come home then go and see lor, maybe can even go into the apt.

So the meet the people session was called off? Oh well, maybe you can plan for another one during CNY? Or the week (nite/end) before... :D