Sengkang Rivervale 150 series (Chip Huat Construction)

pauline12sg

Hi all!
happy.gif

Have not been posting here for a long time, very busy recently... Mosaic_fish was telling me earlier on that u all are discussing food here, hee... I love it!
happy.gif

Hmm... Dolphin is right, the nasi lemak there is GOOD, always long queue.

Btw, the prata at Punggol Plaza foodcourt is delicious too. And ya, I love their coffee! Much better than the one at RVM.
happy.gif

Talking abt the summon... hehe... I must thanks Green_apple liao, she tipped me as well last Sat. The "monster" was 2 cars away from ours when my hubby reached there! Heng ah! Hahah... :p

rvc15x

Hi All,
Although I'm not a supper guy.
But would like to share.

For those who don have car like me and also wanting to go jalan kayu for supper.
Can come back to RVC via LRT. (last train 1244am)
Board at Thanggam station (station SW4-west loop) which is a short walk away from the prata shop.
And change LRT at Seng Kang station (compass point) for RVC.
happy.gif

spyder

hi people.

wow, everyone so keen on prata? hmmm... if you guys not talking about supper, i recommend one shop @ braddell road and bartley road intersection, very nice prata...
happy.gif
as for supper, i always eat at serangoon north or paya lebar... havent eaten at jalan kayu... heard the standard not so good nowadays? :p actually, there's a 24 hours coffeeshop @ ponggol park, 136 gotta walk 5 mins, another is @ hougang plaza...

anyway, as for auntie at RVC, i almost kenna one for my dad's lorry on wednesday, around 7pm... today i was at rivervale plaza for some hdb paperwork, saw 1 summon guy driving his scooter along too... i think this area quite 'on' is it?

etnt

supper is within walking distance now, there's a pasar malam at the primary school area with lotsa food stalls.

Hello!

Mosaic_fish and Elaine, yes I'm looking forward to our short home trip. Hope to finally tie up matters with HDB and also see the apt.
happy.gif
But we won't be starting on our reno just yet. We'll probably do that in 2yrs time. Will let you know when we settle our key collection appt with HDB.

Mosaic_fish, I think it's easier to just do all the unpacking at one shot! We've packed and unpacked all our earthly possessions 3 times in the last yr and a half. It's tiring to get it all done in a day, but I think it's easiest to take everything out and put them in their designated location first...then slowly arrange. Oh ya, gotta clean the furniture and cupboards and stuff first before unpacking. Also good to have some friends help you, if possible. They can do things like books/stocking up the shelf and CDs and things like that. That said, I don't look forward to going through another round of moving either. All the best! And Keep Cool!

Ke Ai Ji? Is that the same one as the one in Clementi. So uncanny...but my husband and I were just talking about it one or two days ago! He was talking about Ke Ai Ji and I was talking about the $8 otak...and we both love the peanut pancake at Clementi.

So where does everyone hang out in RVM? I think one of the things my husband will do when he gets back is go for his $10 haircut! The last time I had to wander around aimlessly for almost 45mins while waiting for him to cut his hair. Maybe this time I can meet some of you at the foodcourt or something. Do we have long john silver?

We love supper as well! We used to have supper almost every night at a kopitiam in Serangoon North (I like every stall there). We love the Simon Rd (Kovan) Nasi Lemak as well...and Hokkien Mee...

As for prata, if I want it fresh, I usually order kosong bawang, onion w/o egg. I find that some stalls have the egg&onion ones in stock...but kosong with onion is something they don't usually have. But maybe things have changed.

BBNN, the places you mention sound interesting.

We also no car...
sad.gif

tarepiggy

hello DJ,

I'm not the captain of our RVC contact list, my_gal started the ball rolling but she hasn't been logging in for a long while, so i just help to update & email to all in the loop as & when there's latest addition ... Sure! U can be included in the list =D

Email me your name, nick, RVC addy & contact no. (u getting any temp local line when u back?) okie. My email addy is [email protected]

Oh yes, i love the Simon Road coffee shop stuff too ... esp the fried oyster omelette aka "or-luak" & bbq chicken wings ... yummy yummy

icechoco

Hello,
Just wondering if anybody around here engaged Earnest Interior & Design or Darwin Interior & Design? I went to these 2 IDs and both companies claimed they did reno for this area. Need some feedback regarding this companies.

trekkerb

Hey IC,

I approached Darwin during my inital shortlisting, however they are charging @ premium prices so did not continue nego. Not sure abt Earnest, never heard of it.

bbnn

Hi, anyone using a one key system for both main door lock and metal gate padlock?
Any recommendation?

I wonder if anyone use the castle lock that adverts in the lift?
Is that good?

Appreciate any feedback.
Thanks!

daisylove

Hi all,

I've not been here for a long long time... hope u all still remember me
happy.gif

Talking about supper... I have not taken supper so often as before ever since I moved in except for fruits. Have been busy doing housework and I still have quite a lot to unpack. Thought of clearing them by mid Dec
happy.gif

BBNN,
my friend (not in RVC) who also moved in Oct is using Castle Lock. I don't see anything special about this lock other than it doesn't have a joint line showing on the outside like the Duro lock. I'm using Duro lock and can see that someone tried to break open along the joint line on my lock but was unsuccessful....

piper

u mean there are burglars trying to break into your flat? how scary! but i think if the person really want to break into a hdb flat, that's not pretty much our duro lock can do
that's 1 of the reasons i bought house insurance, pay for a piece of mind....

daisylove

Piper,

I don't know if it is true but I can see that the lock had been tampered with, just that it was strong enough not to break open at the joint. We might put another lock on top. Yah, I'm going to buy home insurance too. Have already bought fire insurance as my mum's flat in Tamp caught fire few weeks ago....

piper

hi daisy,

now NTUC got promotion on their home insurance package. I think it's quite a good deal. U can surf their website for more info. offer ends at 31 Dec 2005....geez..sounds like an NTUC insurance seller here
biggrin.gif

bbnn

Hi Daisy, I agreed that there is nothing special about Castle lock except that it advert itself as a one key system.

I am looking for solution which can open main door and gate padlock with one key only.

Anyone got recommendations?

g_apple

hi BBNN

U can find that at Home fix. I dun like the idea of 1 key system. Incase u lost yr key, hv to change both again!

spyder

hi hi all...

is RVC having security problems? sounds like a lot of break in attempts in the earlier part of this thread too... anyway, not sure about ntuc home insurance, but if anyone is keen on aia home insurance, can let me know... ;) insurance seller here... hahaha...

anyway, i heard there's a curtain company in RV Mall, is the pricing okay? where do you guys get the curtains from?

mosaic_fish

Hi Daisy,

WAH!! tat is really a warning to all of us here.. Tink I better make sure all my door, gate and lock are locked properly b4 I go out...

g_apple

I think break-in are very common in new estate where reno are still going on. Most flat are only using number locks or those lousy locks which can be easily cut.

I had make comparison between NTUC and AIA home insurance. Each has its pros and cons but I took up NTUC cos they offer 35% off when u purchase 3 yrs ($117 for 3yrs)

hydeto

Anyone invest in any home security system?
Like motion detector, camera, alarm system?

Wonder which one is a better off investment between home insurance or home security system.

daisylove

Piper,
when u say home insurance, is it also known as mortgage insurance? I just got to know from hubby yesterday that the insurance he's getting is mortgage insurance to replace HDB's. He said our fire insurance from AIG covers break in losses... Hey, thanks for recommending the website, we have in mind to get the mortgage insurance from Prudential liao
happy.gif

BBNN,
I haven't heard of such key yet, so can't help much.

Mosaic_fish,
yah, I also double check and triple check. Also have to be careful when you are opening or closing the door, u never know someone may just attack from behind since our units are so near the staircase....

Green_apple,
I agree. With the reno noise, even if someone breaks into one of the units, people may not be aware...

Spyder,
not very sure, we just need to be careful since it's a new estate. When most of the neighbours move in, things will be better.

Etnt,
yah, that's true. Did u do window grilles for the whole house?

spyder

hi hi...

daisy - mortgage insurance protects the life of the insured persons which covers the loan / installment if one's spouse passes away... home insurance, normally referred to as fire insurance covers against fire or some named perils that damages the flat. the home insurance from AIG from HDB covers only structural damages. $9 for 5 years.
happy.gif

as for security part, i think it may be safer when everyone moves in and most renovations are completed lor... hmmm... as for now, i am just worried regarding safety in the neighbourhood.
happy.gif
anyone else did grilles? i am doing grilles for my flat, safety was the reason, worried someone might fall out of the living room window... :p

etnt

daisy, din install grills.

the mortgage insurance should be similar to the insurance that was mandatory when taking HDB's loan.

The other cheap fire insurance from AIG as spyder mentioned only cover the external walls.

The home insurance covers the interior deco and furnishing and the coverage differs from companies. FYI, our's is from AIA.

hydeto

Daisy, that time during my visit to etnt, bbnn, green apple and trekker house. They all did mentioned to me that you house is very nicely done. Think next time if have the chance should do a visit to you house too.
happy.gif

hydeto

Hey guys, care to share the info on those watever insurance from diff company?

Like the pricing for how many years?

BTW, does they cover 100% interior deco and furnishing?

Just the basic info, not the detail, think the detail need to go surf their website or get agent to check out.

spyder

just to add on to etnt's comments, the AIG one covers only the structural walls, for new flats, which owners spend $$$ on reno, try to protect it with a home insurance that covers contents as well...
happy.gif
AIA one is quite good.
happy.gif
just in case anyone keen to have a brochure, just let me know. :p

as for grilles, no one having it except me?

g_apple

Hi chk out these website for the coverage and premium. I chose NTUC as they cover spouse plus children for accidental death whereas AIG cover only spouse. And with the 35% discount, it is really cheap and affordable... esp we all had burnt horrendous hole in our pockets with all the reno and furnishing.

spyder, I did grills as I hv kids at home. personally, I think grills is a must even I hv no kids as we need to clean windows plus visitors will hv kids also... dun wan accident to happen at home.

http://www.aig.com.sg/personal/personal_premierhome_coverbenefits.html

http://www.income.coop/insurance/home/hdbflats.asp

etnt

This insurance is for a peace of mind, and I would think just choose the price/cover that best suits you.

Important thing is to at least get one as many have the misconception that the HDB's(AIG) insurance would cover the internals too.

etnt

spyder, you can check at homefix or other major DIY shops. Also you can check at neighbourhood lock shops which stock moves slower and might have it in stock.

pauline12sg

Hi Spyder, I have installed window grilles too. In-laws want us to install...
happy.gif

Daisy, I was shocked to know that somebody tried to break open ur lock! Haiz... Not very safe at the moment...

esp

hey guys, all this discussion let my imagination run wild.. Do you think we have spiderman ard our estate those who break in thru windows to steal your belongings? of cos they are risking their life and breaking their limbs.. I heard from my friend who stayed in Hougang she told me their side have but affects the lower floors of the block.

pauline12sg

Hi Dolphin, hahah... no spiderman but a bird!! Tell u something interesting... Hubby and I were at the dining table for breakfast the other day, and guess what?? My hubby saw a bird flying towards our living room window! Nearly fly inside but luckily my window grilles hv block its way! From that onwards, we dare not open our windows till big big already. :p

spyder

dolphin, dont scare yourself lar, me is just asking. becoz just wanna know becoz like hearing lots of break in attempts like tat... but i guess so far quite safe right? becoz i havent moved in yet...
happy.gif

pauline, got bird problems arh? wow, xian liao, i tot only my current estate have this problem...
sad.gif
birds...

spyder

hi trekker! definitely... feel free to pass them to me...
happy.gif
just went up to my empty cement flat just now... could see piles of sand and cement inside, think the screeding gonna be carried out tomolo
happy.gif

esp

My downstairs neighbours have birds.. so i always hear birdes chirping away.. kekek. Yesterday raining at night and the lightning is scary man!!

daisylove

Spyder & etnt,
oh, I got an additional AIG fire insurance which covers the interior as well as reno and furniture. This is different from the AIG basic fire insurance we got from HDB. Hee hee... we were given a fire extinguisher FOC
happy.gif

Hyde,
you are most welcome! Do u have our contact list? Can just sms or call me before u come in case I'm not at home
happy.gif

Pauline,
yah, can show you when you visit my place. I was shocked as well. Luckily the lock was rather sturdy and didn't break open at the joint gap.
A bird got into my mum's house before ke ke ke
happy.gif
I think it's not so bad when you're around. If not around, remember to close all windows or else you may see droppings everywhere...

spyder

hi daisy, yup, i'll be getting the same one as you are.
happy.gif

i think hyde's reno has started, mine will officially start major scale on monday, just got a wall partially hacked...
happy.gif

oh, and if any neighbours are still furnishing up their place, barang barang, v hive and novena are having sales.
happy.gif

piper

dear all,
i'll be moving in offically to rvc this wednesday! so excited to finally move in after mths of planning, reno, running up & down & home furnishing etc. but the end result is worth it as its a place i can call my own.

anyone who want to visit my humble abode is welcome, just sms me to see if i'm back from work or at home.
happy.gif

trekkerb

Spyder,

Juz a joke lah but it's really tiring. The dust is terrible.

No Sun for the hanging area so the bamboo poles are in the living room.
sad.gif

Welcome Piper to RVC. It's really quiet at nite.

spyder

trekker - i know la... even just going up to the empty flat alone, i already feel dusty liao... hahaha... anyway, mine starting today... should be able to see flooring by saturday... excited...

piper - congrats, i think yours is the power one tat made my wife go WOW... heh... we peeped in once long ago...

guess i can only move in after mid january, but in time for CNY i hope...

etnt

Not really that quiet at night. Even with the windows closed, still can hear kids screaming from the playground.