Sengkang Rivervale 150 series (Chip Huat Construction)

g_apple

Hi spyder

Same as the rest, I suggest u dun block the window as there is not much sunlight in RVC, especially the laundry area. U can make use of the little light fm the bedroom to dry smaller pc of clothes.

For me I hv my wardrode flush to the wall opposite the window and I can still put 1 Q size bed, 2 single mattress and 2 playpen mattress) for my kids to sleep.

In day time, when I draw my blinds (semi - blackout), it is alrdy very dark.

trekkerb

Spyder,

Yes, my wardrobe is from Alumix. I like it pretty much, rather my wife.

Hyde,

That layout will make the room very dark. It's already dark with 3 panel of windows. But given how close the flats are to each other, it gives you additional privacy. hehehee.....

hydeto

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

levynn - Yes, I get your idea, sound like a good idea for the light and air flow. But it will need to compromise some of the storage area and some design challenge for the designer if not it may turn out weird looking.
happy.gif

BBNN - It will be more as a built in wardrode than a WIW. Due to the messyness and the dust so I already plan to have door for the wardrode. If time permit may visit your house tonite, will contact you if coming, Thanks for the offer!

Piper, Apple, Trekker - Actually me n my FW love the design a lot as it will kind of partition the room into 2 sections. As I decided to make the area behind the wardrode platform. Main concern is the light and air flow. So will leave one window panel in front unblock and hope it will at least make it not so dark n stuffy. Another reason is for additional privacy as my unit is facing opp. blk unit. But thanks for all the suggustion as I will consider more b4 implement.

I think I heard from spyder that entn or who did a similar design to the wardrode but not in L-shape.

Spyder, I'll send u the checklist soon, missed u at msn when u msg me just now as I'm having a meeting.

spyder

trekker, thanks, i think mine will be from alumix as well... taking their 2 sliding door package or something, as recommended by my ID.

hyde, the most spectacular suggestion i got was to have the whole wardrobe built up from tempered glass, providing a wardrobe, yet allowing light to penetrate thru. too stylo... hehe...

elaine77

Hi hyde,

I agree to what the others say because it will be better not to block the windows as the light and wind cant penetrate in, it will make your room dim and stuffy. Although i have most of my windows open during the day when im home, sometimes i still felt that room is quite dark.

Actually for privacy and to block the view from your opp unit, you can get a thicker curtain or blind. Just draw your curtains or roll your blinds down.

spyder, i will be home this sat, expecting some guests over for dinner, you want to pop by to take a look?

green-apple, i saw your previous posting on the dryer, did you get to see the demo?

g_apple

Hi Elaine77

I din see the dryer myself. Hubby and sis went to see at SAFE yday and find it a good buy. U hang the clothes to dry.. so it will not crumple the clothes but that is to say cannot hang bedsheet.

Basically it looks like those DIY canvas cabinet, using metal bars to built up the structure (The dryer when open up, it is 5 ft tall and 2 ft wide).

As it use hangers, u can hang fm 8-15 t shirts but u can use chain to increase the no of clothes to hang.

spyder

hyde. thanks, got your email le. :D excited. getting keys tomolo le... door opening ceremony... hehe

elaine. thanks for the invite, however, this weekend, i may not be free to drop by, but, i'll check with you in case i drop by in the evenings on any days... thanks in advance...

bbnn

Hi, need help from neighbours at RVC.

My flat's reno is currently delay due to non satisfactory workmanship of the window grilles.

Is there anybody who has done up their flat with window grilles, to allow me to look at their grilles workmanship to help me decide if mine falls within an acceptable quality?

Your help will be very much appreciated.
I hope to drop by RVC on Thu night to look at somebody's grille before I meet my ID on Sat.

Thank You

mosaic_fish

Hi Everyone,

I am back...Thanks for your wishes!!
happy.gif

Finally my wedding is over, now alot of cleaning and unpacking to do..

Alot of new posts need to read to catch up..

BBNN I didn't do window grilles so can't help u..but wat happen?

piper

snowman,
tks. the long-type shelve is wat i was looking for. maybe i can go over yr place to take a look at the storeroom shelves this weekend. u can always pop by at yr convenience . I'll be there on both sat & sun. my hubby will be tuning his home theatre & watching dvd the whole day.
happy.gif

spyder

hi people.

finally got my keys officially from hdb today le. a tiring day, just running about doing all the admin and checking stuff... happened to bump into trekker at the rivervale mall.
happy.gif
anyway, hope i can start my reno soon, with hyde... haha...

Hello Hyde,

Can I have the checklist too? my email is [email protected]

I saw your design of the WIW above I'll make some comments, okay?

I guess my concerns with that layout would be 1) privacy, 2) light and 3) dust wrt a WIW.

For me a WIW is supposed to allow me to pick out clothes to wear when I get out of the shower and would also be a changing area. So, if I used the design above, it'll be difficult for me to do either, since I'd need to be dressed/covered before I'd stand in front of the windows.

As for dust, I wonder if you mean that you'll be putting door panels on the wardrobe or just one door at the entrance of the wardrobe. I guess if it's like a conventional cupboard, then it's not a problem. But if it's like a conventional WIW, then...well, I always have this impression that it's the dustiest when it's nearest an opened window. But as I'm thinking about it, I don't think your design would be like a conventional WIW but more of a conventional wardrobe, right?

As for light and airflow, I agree with the rest.

I'm just wondering if any of you considered building (or have built) your wardrobe/WIW perpendicular to the entrance/doorway of the bathroom on both sides. If yes, can I view it? If no, is it because the space/layout would be too cramp?

Yes, we still have not seen the actual apts, so we'll only thinking of ideas based on the paper ideals.

Hopefully, we'll get our keys in 7wks time and then we'll get a better idea (which is why I'm asking for the checklist).

As of now, we haven't gotten a reply on our loan application...hope it is approved and that we can settle a key collection date with HDB.

Mosiac_fish, happy to know that you're well and hope your wedding went on without a hitch. Isn't it fun to settle into your new home, your first home.
happy.gif

Btw, who's the captain in compiling the info of ppl in this plot? Can we join in and get a copy? Mudpie?

Happy Thanksgiving!

mosaic_fish

Hi DJ,

So nice to hear from u... so u are coming back in 7wks time har? Yah I quite excited to move in our new hse.. althout still have a few things need my contractor to finish up.. Slowly getting stuffs in the hse.. now my recent hangout places are Rivervale Mall and Rivervale Plaza.. hehehe..

elaine77

Hi everyone,

snowman, will you be at home on sat? I thought of popping by to look at your storeoom shelves, we are thinking of install at the long side of the wall or the shorter side of the wall, me and you hubby got different ideas.. keke

BBNN, i did not install any window grilles so cant show it to you. But hope that everything will goes on well for you and finish the reno faster.

mosaic-fish, the unpacking part is really the killing part, congrats on your wedding! hey.. my recent hangout also these 2 places.. go ntuc..go cheers and drink kopi.. but i can say the food at foodcourt sucks..
sad.gif
, yesterday my dinner was bad.

DJ.. nice to hear that you are coming back soon, maybe we can meet up with you when you are back, when you pop by your new house.

mosaic_fish

Hi Elaine,

Thanks!!
happy.gif
Quite true the food there are not very nice. Last wk I try the new noodle store and is quite good. The store name is "mian zhong mian". U can try it tonite if u are going there for dinner.

bb123

Hi Mosaic Fish,

Welcome back!!!
happy.gif

What about the roasted and fried chicken?? the stall name ke ai chicken... think quite ok ba....

rvc15x

Hi elain77,

You can text me lor.
Not sure if I'll be out cos most of the time weekends is when i do my preps for my AD.

Cheers!

mosaic_fish

Hi BB123,

Thanks. the chicken stall at rv mall is Ke Ai Ji har? does it have BBQ chicken wings? I remember last time my uncle buy very nice BBQ chicken wings for me b4.. tink the name is Ke Ai Ji also.

bb123

Hi Mosaic Fish,

Yes, think so far that is the better food stall ar RV mall.

Hi Green Apple,

Thanks for letting us to see your window grille. they are done up really nice. Not like ours.
sad.gif

Also, your boys really cute and hyperactive.
happy.gif
Hope you dun mind the way I played with them yesterday.

g_apple

Hi BB123

No problem at all. Hope your window grills will be done up nicely soon. I can underst the agony u and BBNN gg thru.. jus like my false ceiling the other time

They are really too playful, hope u dun mind them ganging up to "box" u
kao_blush.gif

rvc15x

Hi BBNN & BB123,

Nice meeting you.
Hope that you will be able to settle your grille problem soon.
If not grille the contractor/ID like the chicken wings.

hydeto

The Ke Ai Ji food seems to be quite good. The bussines seems not bad too. My gf used to recommand me to eat that stall.
Althot I not yet move in to RVC but I actually always come to RVC for past 2 years as my gf stay in RVC so know the place quite ok.

trekkerb

Hmm.... Food. I missed the days where I can walk down to a nearby coffeeshop for supper. Seems to me the food places in RVC close before 11pm. Sigh.....

mosaic_fish

I just checked.. last bus 86 is 11.30pm from AMK.. tink we have to finish our supper b4 12 midnite.. not really a good idea to go there huh.
sad.gif

bbnn

Can always car pool mah.
I know one eating place tug in a romote corner at seletar airport. Serve good chix wings with different spicy level.
The place quite similar to ColBar at Portsdown Rd.
A bit run down with rural feel.
I will be the guide for interested neighbours. :cool:

trekkerb

Mosaic, I dun have a car, so if we go for prata session, I think we have to incur quite a fair bit on transport.

yes BBNN, that place is pretty good. It was highly recommended by some.

If not, can head down to chomp-chomp. That's another lively place.

mosaic_fish

Trekker, I also dun have car... same case as u.. not worth it if take cab back.

BBNN the places u mentioned sound interesting.. I never been there b4.. hehee..

g_apple

Wow... so many ppl in RVC like supper. hubby and myself miss supper time too.
Previous after my sons asleep, we will run out to nearby coffeeshop for a quick bite... now cannot liao.

Ya we can car pool... if got 3 cars, a grp of 15 adults can go for supper liao. But if I bring my boys, definitely cannot eat in peace unless is Prata.. my boys love prata!!
Prata.. the one at RVM is quite good, crispy and cheap (60c ko song $1.20 for egg)

piper

bbnn,
the place u mentioned i seemed to have read it in some mag before. It's in some seletar farmway which serve western food , ideal for chill-out, a little like Charlie Corner in Changi Village. my hubby will gladly volunteer his car to bring a few of us there for supper! good food cannot resist....

etnt,
we were behind you on last nite on the way back to rvc. my hubby eye very sharp , saw yr car & say it must be vernon's car.

etnt

tip for eating prata: always order egg with onion, they have to do it fresh cos of the onion, so the prata is always fresh and hot.

etnt

piper,

haha, wifey and I were trying to figure if it was you and joseph also. but the reflection from the windows kinda block the view.

then tot of verifying in the carpark, but you all enter by the other entrance right?

piper

etnt,
we always park at the loading bay as we're only there for a few hours each time, so havn't buy season parkin. Is the 'auntie' at RVC very 'on' or not? my hubby cheapo say dun wan to buy season when move in, if kenna < 3 tickets than can save $$ liao. scolded him for that, ha

etnt

i haven't seen any around before, and so far friends who have parked there haven't kenna any summon also, but dun quote me.

there are quite a few estates around, so think it's just of matter of time before they extend the route for their rounds.

bb123

Hi etnt and Piper,

My hubby kenna summon before at RVC.... think three times liao...
sad.gif
so most likely we will buy season parking soon. Btw, any idea where to get the season parking and what docs we need to show them??

etnt

mosiac_fish,

haha, I got the tip from a friend some years back, and from then on, I've only been eating egg onion.

And warning that even plaster are not fresh one, they juz slap a cold kosong over the egg, so you get hot egg with cold prata.

etnt

bb123, juz bring ic and log card and goto the hdb branch office at rivervale plaza.

can get it done immediately there.

bb123

Thanks etnt.

That Auntie really "on", we got tipped by green apple but still kenna when we went down, she just finish issuing summon to our car. Sigh....

esp

another plc to check out for supper is upper serangoon road near to Kovan mrt.. They have the famous nasi lemak and also smooth selegie beadcurd