Sengkang Rivervale 150 series (Chip Huat Construction)

piper

dear all,
i'm having my scv testing on sat & i was wondering what's inlvoved in the process? my original tv/cable point in living room is not being used as my ID tapped onto it to create a new point at another corner of the living room. I think scv might not gurantee the new point that my ID had created.
another question that i have is the subscription to broadband to internet. Which provider is cheaper and better in their packages?
went to my flat this afternoon and my ID finally did his first clean-up of the place - gosh! the place look much better without all the clutter and dirt from the reno. but i reckon still need another major wash before i can go in to do a more detailed clean-up. there's also a fair bit of touch-up by my ID before it can be handed over to me.

rvc15x

Hi Piper,
Saw the print out at the side to your main door?
Was that done by you?
Btw for the past few days the contractors worked till quite late.
At first I thot they forgot to off the light.
But eventually they off it before they leave the place.
Yeah agree, it looks much better after they cleaned it up.
Managed to catch a glimpse of it when they were leaving last evening.

Btw the SCV testing is basically testing of signals lor.
I also had one point tapped to a shifted spot in the living room.
But maybe its not too far away from the orginal point so it passed the test lor!

piper

think the reason y they 'pia' is to get ready for the first inspection tomorrow. Ha, my ID say he need $$ for partying so i guess he must have instructed his worker to hurry so as to collect final payment. The print outside is by my ID lah, i also saw the paper, looks quite cute

bb123

Hi Mosaic Fish,

BBNN told me that he saw you wiping the window grille on Sat.
happy.gif
Think of the neighbours at Blk 152, we have not visit your house yet? Maybe one of these days....as most of the weekend, we should be at RVC to do dome cleaning up....

esp

Hi all at RVC, Do you guys know that there is an accident last monday evening ard 7+ at between the blocks at blk 156 and blk 183 ? a young boy is knock down by a lorry i think.. so scary .. somemore i was alone at home at that time and can see from my blk..

spyder

hi all!

ivan - finally got my appointment on the 23/11 liao.
happy.gif

dolphin - havent moved in, so dont know about it, but hope its not fatal.

mosaic_fish

Hi BB123 and Everyone,

Have been busy with hse renov and preparing for my wedding.. My AD is on this wed.. feeling very excited.. and I won't be able to check the forum or reply. But I will soon be back once I have internet access.. I will be on leave also until next Mon... not going honeymoon bcos hse not completed yet and alot of unpacking to do.. hehee ...

BB123, I tink BBNN saw my 2nd sis. She is helping me cleaning my living rm window grilles tat day. I am busy walking ard to tok to the workers and citigas ppl to connect the gas pipes and install the hob. My 2nd sis and myself look alike .. hehe.. We will be moving in after our AD.. so will have more chances to meet U and BBNN..
happy.gif

Spyder, nice to meet u tat day... your excitement tat day remind me of the first time I saw the photos tat Daisy took and posted to show us when we were all still waiting for our keys.. hehehe

esp

Spyder, ya.. hope so too.. that road dont have any zebra crossing and some car speed so it can be quite dangerous. Moreover, many lorry drivers like to line the sides blocking the vision of ppl crossing the road.

hydeto

Congra Spyder.
happy.gif

Just got my keys yesterday. Not yet open the door yet. Going to open this afternoon later.
Wonder how many defects can I find.
Another things to ask the ppl here. I hear that the edge of the Full Glass window will leak water when it rain heavily outside. Is this true for many home?

spyder

hi hi.

hyde - congrats! good luck for your door opening ceremony, do let me know if you prepare any stuff like rolling pineapples or bringing anything for auspicious reasons.
happy.gif

as for defects, any current residents like to share, so far, during the house hopping trip, no one mentioned it, so i think it should be an isolated case? my sister's flat in jurong west did have such problems...

hydeto

Thanks Trekker.

Spyder, got my key yesterday but was told it was not a good day to open door. The master said wed is a good day.
Then I ask him wat time is the best time to open the door, he told me 12am. Actually wanna go but my parent told me that where got ppl open door at such hours somemore no light then go and ask another master and he told me to go either 7am- 8am or 1pm-5pm to do the open door ceremony.
happy.gif

I prepared pineapples, apples, oranges, Rice and salt.

trekkerb

As for defects, I believed there was quite a detailed one posted. You may need to refer to the previous post.

If you have selected your ID, then you may get them to do it for you (professionals).
happy.gif

spyder

hi hyde. thanks. noted. will consider the things to bring. as for date and timing, maybe i'll just go on the same day i get my keys. have you sourced for an ID already? in the midst of choosing mine. very stressed. argh.

to the other residents, any of you guys or gals have anything to share with reno / furniture stuff? like good places to recommend or where to buy what? just throw them all at me... think i better spend some time reading this entire thread... lol... lots of things happening... :p

etnt

if your windows leak, it's a defect and should be highlighted to HDB. best is to visit your flat immediately after a heavy downpour. If there are any leaks, it'll be obvious then.

Another thing to check is toilet bowl leak. Throw a toilet blue (or equivalent) and flush. Come back in a few days and make sure there are no blue stains around.

Also check that you doors and windows can be closed properly, all keys work, tiles are not hollow/cracked. If possible also all your electrical points.

hydeto

etnt, thanks for your highlight.
Actually I printed a list of things need to be check from one of the post in the forum.
Even you know wat u need to check but when checking also will get confuse and headache.

As for the tiles, not sure how to really check for hollow. And for crack, it quite dark in the kitchen and toilet, can't really see clearly for cracks.
How to check electrical points? You mean the Switch socket or the actual point?

Will try the toilet flushing thing when I go back.
There is a heavy downpour just now, maybe I can go back and check now.Hehe.

hydeto

Spyder, you are right. Really stress up on choosing ID/Contractor.
I a bit sian of looking for new ID/Contractor for qoutation, and think will end up more confuse.
Now just choosing between 2-3 ID/Contractor I shortlisted.

g_apple

Hi all

This thread is moving slow... I guess most of us are busy packing and unpacking!

The excited ones will be Syder and hyde... welcome to RVC!
kao_welcome2.gif

Finally moved in RVC, realised there are lots of centipedes... called town council to lodge a complaint. The officer mentioned this is a common sight for new estate... haiz!
uhoh.gif

Etnt - I think the sound you mentioned in the earlier post at 7am come from the rubbish chute not LRT.

Realise my unit very dark.. esp the toilet and kitchen which I need to on the lights even in day time!! No sun or wind to dry my clothes also... sigh!! Think must buy a dryer... anyone using the gas dryer from citigas...how is the performance?

Those using gas heater... I realise the water temp is not consistent leh.. must on almost 30 sec - 1min before it get heat up.. waste water!! Then is continous on for a few minutes... it gets cold again!
kao_angry.gif

spyder

hyde - must really listen to etnt for the tips & all. so far, i think he provided me with a lot of useful info for house.
happy.gif
as well as reno during the house hopping trip. anyway, it will be another week before i get my keys, so mean time, just wait for your house checking list. heh, maybe can mail to me once you are done. as for IDs, like you, i stop sourcing already too. now with 3, a client, a friend and a ID firm. will meet all 3 up for final rough quote as well as discussion and come up with my decision by this weekend...
happy.gif

spyder

hi green apple! thanks for the welcome again. missed your house during my last trip. hope can arrange one soon. after i confirm my ID maybe. heh heh. anyway, you are right about the centipedes. saw quite a number of them during my last trip there, i guess maybe becoz of the plants which need fertilizers so hence, so many centipedes. a bit yucky. but maybe not choice hor. so i guess, most probably, earliest i hope to have my house ready before chinese new year. -prays hard- as for dryer, i deciding to buy one too, as recommended by trekker.
happy.gif
learnt a lot of stuff to look out for as well as to prepare during the house hopping trip, so gotta thank all those who contributed. :D

etnt

hyde,

for hollowness, knock the tile with a 50cent coin, you will know when it's hollow. the sound is very different.

for cracks, check with a torch shining on the tile.

to check elect points, a simple way is to bring your phone charger, and juz go around the house trying each socket.

trekkerb

For those thinking of getting gas heater, DUN!!!!

It sux, one moment it gets too hot, the next too cold. The outflow of water is not consistant, worse still if u have 2 taps running at the same time. Get the storage heater.

I'm also interested in the gas dryer but I think i have to pay another sum of $$$ for the connection of gas pipes, guess I will buy those electrical ones.

etnt

actually I do find the gas heater ok. Water flow and temp is cosistent, though it takes some time for the initial warmup.

hydeto

I'm thinking of getting instant heater.
Or should I get storage heater?
As storage heater need more piping works.

Hear that gas heater cost more in term of electricity bill.

Yesterday run my bathing hose, the water pressure like not very strong.

g_apple

Trekker, I can't agree more.. the gas heater really S***

Could it be becos we box it up? The Citigas man who came to connect the pipe to my hob told me "good tt u leave the top and bottom open, cos the gas heater needs oxgen to work, if box it up, once no ventilation, the gas will cut off"
Think I will try to open the cabinet door nx time to see if it works better. Put a pail below to save those cold water during the inital heat up... u will be suprise by the vol!!

The storage one may be better but my sis / bro told me it consume lots of electricity.

Even for dryer, I got no place to put...dunno how also! Citigas guy coming down on Sat to advise where I can put... then I will decide.

Now, every morning, my maid actually hv to pack all the undry clothes to my inlaw place and dry for us and at nite bring back again!! Can u imagine every day we carry so many bags and 2 boys!!

Hyde.. my water pressure very strong, I had adjust it lower but still find it too strong. Try adjusting it at the water service duct outside your unit.

etnt

the hot and cold water pipings are already inlaid, no need additional pipings. gas heater uses gas and battery for ignition. no electricity involved.

hydeto

THanks for clearing my doubts.
Think either storage, instant or gas all has it own benefits and short coming, depends on individual kind of needs for the usage.

bbnn

I think the centipede comes with the soil that was used to grow the grass.

I agreed that its a lot and may even step on a few while walking from carpark to our blocks. :cool:

bbnn

There are pros and cons with instant, gas and storage heater.

Pros for using gas and storage heater is that the hot/cold water pipes is already run by HDB and conceal. No additional cost involved.

Cons are storage heater do use up quite a large amt of electricity to heat up the cold water. I can see the electric meter running very fast when I on my storage heater. Quite hard pain.

Cons for storage and gas heater is the need to waste some running water before you can even get the hot water.
Seriously think we should save those water from being wasted.

Pros for instant heater is you always get the hot water u need instantly. :cool:

Cons are ugly water pipes may be seen if u install instant heater as our flat uses conceal piping and mixer taps, piping may need to extend from conceal pipe and we lose the use of mixer taps.

It all boils down to individual preferences of heater types. Happy deciding!

g_apple

Hi BBNN / BB123

Yr reno over liao?
U can start moving your things over slowly so tt by then u ready to move in after yr AD, you won;t hv much to pack / unpack.

For me.. even with professional mover... we still hv lots of left over in inlaw pl and everyday still packing bags of stuff... jus cannot imagine we hv so much to pack in 1 room!!

bbnn

Not yet. Still got windows grilles issues.
Should be done by this month end, I hope.

Now starting some basic cleaning.
Will start moving things when ID offically hand over.

Looking forward to that day. :cool:

etnt

bbnn, if one of the room is done with no defects, can already start moving things in and keep that room locked. agree with green_apple, should start packing and moving, it can be a real nightmare.

hydeto

Any advise on window grill?
Currently me n my gf don't intend to put any window grill for our house yet.
Only two of us staying and no children.
How about the risk of house breaking thru the window or falling out of the window?

elaine77

Hi everyone,

Green_apple, i think i saw you and your family this morning at the carpark, you were wearing red blouse right
happy.gif
,i saw your twins also.. so cute. My clothes dry up quite fast when i put up to dry at night.. next day when i go home after work.. the clothes are dried. But raining day more troublesome, gotto bring in and out the clothes, sometimes during the weekend, i will bring the clothes out to the living room to dry..which has quite strong sunlight during late afternoon.

BBNN, wahh.. you made a good comparision on that. Thats the advice my uncle gave me when i told him i want to install gas heater, he is strongly against that.. He is the supplier for a storage heater company RH**M, he installed 1 10gallon storage heater for us.. FOC... kkekee

Actually it will not take up too much electricity, we just on it for 10-15mins, it will heat up.. After 15mins we off the heater, the water is still warm

etnt...i did not install any window grilles also.. i like the clear view although mine is not high level. As for security.. we usually closed all the windows including the kitchen windows when we leave for work or go out.

g_apple

Hi Elaine

Yes I was wearing a bright red blouse...Oh you saw me.. I was rushing so din notice anyone in the carpark. Pai Say
kao_embarrassed.gif

I was thinking of hanging the clothes in the living or bed room also, there got some sunlite.. I saw some units at 155 got a pole at the living / bed room window and they hang out the clothes in hanger. Think I must got get some strong strings to tie the pole to my grills and can hang the clothes there without the pole rolling off... else every day got so much clothes and jus cannot st the damp smell.

oh yes, I always leave a damp cloth at my door to reduce dust into my house... guess what... some inconsiderate ppl use my cloth to clean dunno wat and it became so wet and dirty. The din even bother to wring off the water and put it back. When I came home, my tiles were wet and stained!!
angry.gif

g_apple

Hi all

I happen to come across this portable dryer and find it very interesting.
www.globalcreative.com.sg

Called the office and the gal told me is selling at BIG and Ck Tang. Demo at CK Tang Basement 1 and cost $199. She is giving 10% discount for order this week and free delivery.

I maybe getting after I view the demo.my 2 sisters also interested and the gal is willing to gv discount for bulk purchase.

For those who desparately need a dryer like me but hv no space, can chk it out at CK Tang and maybe we can combined order to get better discount.

piper

hi,
anyone has fitted their bomb shelter with shelving share the cost and dimensions? Are those ppl who stick sticker in our lifts reliable ? does the price comes with the planks? I'm thinking of installing but dunno where to start. I got a quote from an auntie that came to my blk today and she quoted $240 for a long and non-L shape type that go across the length of the shelter. Not too sure if it's expensive.

on fri & sat, i'm so tired after cleaning and waiting for delivery of most of my furniture and applicances. my ID still got some minor touchup to be done by tues so my reno is finally over by wed!

hydeto

327838.jpg

Hi Guys, this is the layout i plan for my MBR.
Need some advise from u guys.
As you can see, I place my wardrode in such a way that it will cover around 2/3 of my MBR windows. Only left with one panel. Will it make my MBR very dark, hot and stuffy due to the air and wind circulation?
Anyone out there done similar wardrode design?
Do you mind to let me do a house visit to take a look at the effect? Thanks a lot!

levynn

hi hyde...

this is spyder's wife.
happy.gif
actually we have an ID who suggested a similar design as yours for us. but we decided against it as we have the same concern as u. maybe u can ask ur ID to design the wardrobe in such a way that the part against the wall is a full height while the one betw ur bed n the windows to b like half-height? i'm not sure how it will look though. or if u think it looks weird, then maybe u can stil do that part at half-height while the top part to b make into a sort of divider wif wooden panels so that light n wind can stil pass thru. eh... can u visualise my idea??

bbnn

Hi Hyde,
U thinking about doing walkin wardrobe?
Base on your design, it seems when u walk in from your doorway, u will see your wardrobe already.
Am I right? That mean you will have to do doors for your wardrobe so as not to appear too messy.
I think it will be quite dark for your design as the window at AC ledge is made of frosted glass which did not permits too much light and design to protect your privacy.

Your layout is similar to mine with a vertical mirror flip in layout. 5 rm also?

I did my fullheight walkin wardrobe at the area where u placed your bed.
Perhaps u might like to see my final product before deciding?
I will be at new house tonight at about 9-10pm to do some checking. You may wish to pop by if time permits.

piper

hi hyde,
actually this design was also proposed by 1 of the IDs i approached.In the end i didn't chose this design of having the wardrobe(built-in or WIW) as it really block out the light and will make your bed area very dim and maybe stuffy. The window at the air-con ledge is also not very useful for air circulation as it is facing the kitchen and distance is tight so not much circulation. in the end, my wardrobe is built along the wall , much like trekker and bed beside the wardrobe so allow more walking space and light+air circulation. The open area is also useful for placing baby's bed when have a baby. my 2 cents . tks

spyder

hi hyde.

can you email me the checklist, think i'll need to use it this wednesday.
happy.gif
i heard from my ID that alumix is having a promo or something, maybe you wanna check them out too. trekker's wardrobe was done up by them right?
happy.gif