Sembawang Green BTO sep 06

winnie_gal

Jasmine: we never on air con at night somemore me and hubby still need to cover quilt very night.. izzit maybe my room face the garden?

do u all realise more and more car moving in also? hubby always say pay season parking but park in white line lots.. hahaha

cherinet

Hi Jes,
My ID has collected the 2nd payment from me on Sat already, he has completed the carpentry works before he collect it from us. So far we checked our cupboards, all ok.

I like my bedroom's wardrobe alot while my hubby like the living room wall feature. haha..

What we left now is to buy the bathroom accessories & kitchen accessories for him to help install only.

If not wrong, the next 2 weeks, he should be able to hand the hse to us. So excited!!

young_jes

princesspig84/cherinet,

I would have gladly paid them if they've completed my carpentry works, but my carpentry works has only been half way done! and it has been in this status for the past 2 weeks. I really cant take it anymore, very angry. By right, they should have hand over the house to me on 20th Oct, but it has been delayed for so long, and he has the cheek to ask for $$!

cherylkjh

jes

for my side is abt same as urs loh
3 times payment

30% when start. den mid 50% den almost finish will ask again loh..

i m not satisfied with his men job at all lah....
mine oso delay very long. say 3 weeks can finish. in the abt 1.5month den finish... alot of problem...

we only managed to deduct 500 away in the end. damn pissed off..

princesspig84

jes, maybe try to talk nicely? Cos they later will say u nv pay.. how do I continue job cos i nid to buy materials do finish your job?

B4 handover, check and check them first

young_jes

cherylkjh,

luckily only reno once, otherwise I'll faint. I don't want to deal with them much longer, hopefully can finish ASAP so that I dont need to deal with them anymore.

princesspig84,
i talk to them nicely, say i'll pay them the day they fix my display cabinet, but they die die dun wan. in e end, my hubby talk to them den they give in. Actually, all almost up liao, is in their factory, think they rushing for another hse, so delay my house, cos they use the same grp of guys for all the carpentry works.

xiaofeizhu83

Jes - For mine, second payment is when all the carpentry are up... my contractor did rush out the house for us so we also pay them pretty fast, as and well they need the money we will wihdraw some and pay them... think my payment break into like 5 or 6 times... my contracotr nv specify how many % to pay each time, he just quote us the figure and we pay lor... but we also will delay abit or cut the amount saying atm everyday can only withdraw $2K... hope everything will go well for you and get your lovenest soon... cheer up k...

Sharon - Good that you dun on aircon... me intitally also nv on then subsequently on a few times then hooked le... for the past 1 month I everday on the aircon... when I receive my elect bill nearly fainted LOL.. now revert back to fan =)

xiaofeizhu83

Nichiyobi - ard $100... on aircon for 1 room only and at the recommended 25 degrees plus my aircon is 3 ticks type... but not forgetting still got TV and internet component... water ard $15, gas less then $5... Maybe becos I feel only 2 person living so kind of on the high side...

nichiyobi

xiaofeizhu83 (xiaofeizhu83) ,

believe or not my existing home dont have aircon but my bill hit 130-140 every mth!!! exclude gas somemore.

cherinet

Hi Nichiyobi,

that's a lot of you dun install aircon! actually i suggest you should look around your hse or the water pipe outside the hse whether got water leaking. Cos for us, our water pipe outside the hse got water leakage, then my hubby informed the Town Council about it and they have repaired it for us by calling the PUB technician.

cherinet

so far the items i bought for my hse. Eg. Fridge, Washing Machine, Aircon are all Inverter type. Storage Heater i also bought the Energy Saving one. i will be looking into Inverter vaccum cleaner as well. I hope this can help us to save up some money.

winnie_gal

i neber on air con my bills cost me ard 100 dollars also... the electrcity is so exp~!

ytd then i realise my MBR wall like crack liao! sianz... duno wat happen? moving in for so long i never even spot this.. till ytd i saw one fine long line at my MBR...argh....

raynard

hmm..so far I on my aircon (only on for 1 room) every night I sleep and my last month's bill is $100, the main bulk comes from electricity though, but the water bill is considerably low..so just hope it will not increase by a lot bah..

xuan_ting

From my past experience, on aircon at 1 room every night (4 rooms flat), the bill should be around $100 exclude gas lor. But currently the utilities rate been raise up again, so our bill will increase too
sad.gif

cherylkjh

my bill is abt 150 leh. i oso on aircon every nite but only few hrs kind... on heater everyday.. use gas everyday too...

but i have to wash clothes everyday.. which mean on washing machine everyday. maybe tat is y the bill so high

raynard

for our household habit is, on aircon every night, on heater for 30~45mins to heat up the water once a day, used washer&dryer once a week, cook about twice a week..but this quarter's tariffs will increase due to last quarter's higher oil prices..sigh..

xiaofeizhu83

So my bill is normal lor... seems like its becos the tariffs are high... try not to on aicon so often for this month then compare the bill...

Jazz - You can check with your curtain contractor.. I got mine done by my curtain contractor...

littleredjazz

xiaofeizhu83, thanks.
However i checked with my curtain contractor and they do not provide such services.
Any other contacts?
Thanks in advance.

raynard

Angell, is yours 3-ticks for water effiency? 'Cause I was told that taps that were high water efficient will have lesser and controlled water outflow..

xiaofeizhu83

Jazz - No prob... yup stayed in le... quiet environment... I like to sit at my latch and look upon the park at night... like the view... erm usually go to blk 406 to eat vegetarian food then buy stuffs from shop and save haha...

raynard

so far, of the coffeeshops I tried so far at 406, koufu at Sembawang Mart, Fu Chen coffeeshop (opp to sembawang mrt at the cross junction), the one at 406 seems one of the better ones..in terms of varieties, sun plaza foodcourt has more though..some of the items at blk 482's Milk Cafe are not bad too..

princesspig84

xiaozhu! me too! I went there for makan.. and I tink 482 got the milky cafe?? Can send up your home..

mi 489, also quiet.. I stay in le... still like not use to it cos 2 person stay only..

5mins to shop and save, 10-15mins to NTUC.
I do marketing only on saturdays.

raynard

And if you're heading to Giant at SSC, you can try out the Fish & Chicks beside it..the food is cheap and nice, no service charge, no GST..You can give the spicy chicken pasta or fish & chips a try ;)

nichiyobi

Angell (piglet_c),

mine is 3-4ticks water saving tap. my water flow is ok. have you turn max on your outside main water switch?

nichiyobi

i was quote 600+ for 3 room aluminium black coating grills that cover the window opening portion.

Did you guys do full window grill or just the part whereby u open? e.g. top panel no grill and bottom no grill

winnie_gal

i normally makan at blk 406 too...the nearest liao~ for maketing i only go ntuc which is on weekend...

i also wash my clothes often cannot stack until weekend later not enuff to hang at the service yard...hahaha...so i normally wash on even days...;)

i never on air con also so exp..haiz...my water still like $30+ ok gas only cost ard $5 nia..the rest is my water!!

littleredjazz

Hi Guys.. appreciate ya feedback and updates.
Well we have yet to move in, only till end of the year. Been frequently coming up to do cleaning and last min furniture/accessories shopping.

My unit also facing the garden, maybe can get to see you guys sitting at the latch looking over the garden too. =)

cuddly_miumiu

angell, i also feel dat my water flow is small coz i also using water efficient tap... my kitchen toilet water level also veri small n slow.....

nichiyo, how to check whether main water switch has been turned to max.?

littleredjazz

Just back from sembawang.. been a quiet night today.
This afternoon starhub guy came over to do testing for the starhub signal. Done in 15mins.

Guys, votes for Starhub cable or MIO TV?
Headaches on which to go for......

nichiyobi

miumiu (cuddly_miumiu) ,

if i remember first time when you open your mail box they deposit a tap key. U can use that tap key to turn on/off your main water outside your unit. u can try turn left or right lor see which is on or off.

xiaofeizhu83

Jazz - You can contact Window View Interior Design & Decoration 2022 Bt Batok St 23 #02-118, 659527, Singapore p: 65639626 f: 65646635 for the window film... forget her name I think something like Joyce... she got stick her advert (printed on transparent sticker) and stick on each door previously... not sure if it ring a bell for you... anyway you can try calling and ask k... I took starhub cable tv becos more drama to watch plus my guy like to watch soccer... but now soccer change to MIO starting next May so we will see how when the time comes...

jascmy

Oh no, I prepared to faint when I receive my PUB bills. My hubby on air-con everynite and watch TV in the room while I watch in the living room cos I don;t like air-con. Hope my hubby will faint too after seeing the bill and stop his habit of air-con everynite.

raynard

I prefer Starhub..although I don't subscribe to Sports group, but the other channels like discovery channel, taiwanese channels are entertaining enough..

miumiu, probably you can try increasing the valve at the toilet, or when you lift up the top cover of the toilet bowl, you can see there will be a metal hook that is hooked on to plastic catch (which has 3 holes) these 3 holes control the strength and amount of the water to flush..

cherinet

My hubby wanted to sign up Singtel's MIO Home. As my current Singnet Boardband's plan is ending this mth, so will be doing a plan upgrade to MIO Home during the SITEX exhibition this end Nov.

piglet_c

Raynard,
Im not sure if mine is the 3-tick water saving tap a not leh..?

Nichiyobi,
my hubby had already turned the main water switch to the max. and still the water levek is still so slow and small. Tonite we will check again

Its only the kitchen basin having this problem.. imagine i will have to wait for 5mins for the whole kettle to fill up? Sadz

I heard from 1 of the contractor that the water level will increase once the whole block is full. Dunno true a not?