Segar Medow - BTO

rebeana

Thanks for the update!

My friend was like telling me that the people are still at work every night at our site.. Looks like although we cannot see much difference, they are doing more on the interior now?

Rebeana > Wow kaoz, i always passby that area and they always seems very busy ... and like what u say, work till so late at night. BUT how come the progress is still so slow?
Hai~

decepticon

Think they might have started on the interior for blk 458 2nd flr, unit 145 and the unit beside it. If you go to the nearby blk and look down u can see that they painted these 2 units exterior white and think also some window work if not wrng. :)

HDB to build 1 million flat this year
Wed, Jan 27, 2010

By Kenny Chee

THE Housing Board still has a role to play today, even though the squatter problem of the 1960s has been solved and private housing is now more readily available, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said yesterday.

It has the responsibility for providing quality public housing to most Singaporeans, who may not have the higher income needed to buy private housing, he said.

And it is still needed to foster social ties among different races and build cohesive communities, PM Lee told guests at a gala dinner for the International Housing Conference held in conjunction with HDB's 50th anniversary.

He recalled how HDB - which will build its one millionth flat this year - had not only helped to transform the housing landscape but also Singaporeans.

They now live in housing estates with a better ethnic balance and fewer instances of people throwing pots - or even bicycles - out of their windows.

Singaporeans' expectations have also changed, PM Lee said. They now have many considerations when choosing a flat, like location, price and when they want to buy one.

"Such high expectations are completely understandable because buying a flat is a major commitment for a young couple setting up a home together," he said.

He hoped that Singaporeans can understand that while HDB is committed towards providing quality flats that are affordable, it cannot accommodate every preference and expectation.

The Government also cannot exercise full control over housing prices in the resale market, he said.

He noted that the prices are set by households that transact flats on a "willing buyer, willing seller" basis, and are affected by the broader economy.

So HDB flat resale prices will change from time to time. But in the long term, the value of the flats depends on the strength of the Singapore economy, he said.

"Provided Singapore continues to do well, our flats will maintain their value, and Singaporeans can enjoy an appreciating asset," he said.

sll0512

Hey Garfield..

Sorry for the super late reply seldom log in....hehhehehe =) Aiyo my no was far far back ah..Tink it was the last 2 days of the appointment...But i kinda ok wif the low floor ah..Hehehehe=p

I only worried abt cockroaches & if there's those chair juz below my flat i will cry lor....As scared youngster will gather under void deck later i cant slp ah...Wahahahha!!!

Seriously,u all feel when we will be able get our key wor..As i need plan wedding so stressed lor... =( Now i'm like stuck in between lor..Also dunno wat to do...hehehhe

shan3long > No worries abt the late reply cause i seldom log in too ... i am gald that u had chosen a unit despite the Q number was quite back to the last. As u can see, the selling price have been inching upwards after our BTO project.

Small insects and cockroaches are unavoidable BUT i am sure the amount is not substantial. You will get to see one, once in a while that's all.

I guess this year end, we can get the keys, u can start to plan for your wedding liao. Any idea when u wanna it to be?

summerbel

I Just went to take photo this morning!!! So happy to see that 455 is at #11 le.. finally the lego is up..

Hi welcome Dominic Gabriel!! Which floor are u at?

sll0512

Garfield~ =) ya lor..Actually hubby likes high floor de,he was kinda sad when till us only left level 2 or 3....Not only for my blk 456 but other block too.. =( But i like the unit no so when we will there for appointment there will a few before us..So i told hubby if tat unit still haf then we take if not then forget it..

Phew!!! Luckily still available..lol..As like u say the other BTO project the price really increase alot alot leh......hehhehehe!!! End of this year ah can take key..Wow tats fast leh..Hahaha..Which means next year new year can celebrate at new hm liao..hahahhaa...

We haf to take another HLE izit...Do u no when will it be..How many mths before we take key...

As for wedding i very stressed,wat hubby wanted was like only marry then move in the house then more meaningful,but ah i also dunno when confirm can take the key.. =( then if all together,hubby's bro scared we'll b damn stressed lor....Reno i not scared as will be sponser by my dad..lol..So i itnk will suggest to him move in 1st liao then mayb 2years later then haf our customary ba....HEheehe..

Wat abt u..Married liao le ma....Anyway sorry for the long post!!! =)

sll0512

woohoo!!! Wat abt 456 now wat level le..Wonder will they start doing the interior le ma...If start liao le rite i tink really end of tis year can take key...Hahahaa!!!!

decepticon

hahaha i not so optimistic. think earliest still might be next yr. From what I heard, the flats will be release to us in batches..all exterior work must be completed first too.

One of my friend bought BTO at Punggol and she told me that she is still waiting for her flat but her neigbors from other blocks already got their keys sometime back...

So guess all of us will be seeing each others in batches when we move in heeheehee..

yuki84

I also think cannot be by this yr.
Coz even if the block structure is finished, they still need 0.5 or 1 yr for the interior coz our flat is premium flat.

To me, the interior is impt. Dun mind that they do slowly as long as they do a good one.
My colleague's flat @ senjar is also a premium flat. His wall got cracks after half a yr. So when u got ur flat, really must check properly

jossie

Somehow I tnk the slow progress of the outlook is because they are working on the interior and exterior concurrently. So probably some of the interior is already done?

Dominic Gabriel > Whahahahahaha …. “Segariansâ€, that’s a good one. Welcome on board!

shan3long > Me too, we chosen based on my judgement and the unit number is nice too. Our unit number been opening 4D but it’s permutation.
Don’t worry abt keys and HLE, HDB will send us the letter and we then act accordingly.
It’s all down to individual whether to marry first then move in or move in first then marry. For me, I am married le, LOL. So I can concentrate on my house liao.

Lee Family > Walls crack so fast? I’m sure we can ask HDB to rectify the fault even after we move in.

Jossie Tan > Somehow I also felt this way … working on the interior and exterior concurrently

ALL > CNY is around the corner ... wishing everyone good health and prosperous year of Tiger!

yuki84

Happy new yr to all too.

U can ask the HDB to rectify but it wil be quite troublesome. For those who are working, u got to take leave to be home so that they can come and do the rectification.
Then you will have to clean up the mess after they finished the job.

It happens to my colleague's hdb proj. So really hope that our contractor will do a good job and dun let them happens to segar meadow

hillgal83

we are as slow as the lowest block.... so we should be watching out for block 455....

So... how is 455?? did it manage to hot level 10 yet... that block is really slow.... I wonder why??

Anyway, anyone notice that the lift lobby lights are on at night already?? I notice that on blk 457 when I drove by KJE last week.
happy.gif
Guess the wiring is almost done.... at least for the common areas...
happy.gif

fatbaby86

Hi Everyone,
Thought i should share this; I just found out that if u log to your myHdb page using ur singpass, u can see the site development from the website! Quite Cool hor, no need to delibrately take the LRT to peep anymore.
happy.gif

summerbel

Hi everyone!!! It been so long since my lase log in.. have been bz and away..

CJ i tried loging n but dunno to view from where ley

fatbaby86

Lee Family & Garfield> on a lighter note,it's not really a bad thing if there are defects in the house. but must be identifed early.(as soon as u get the keys)maybe the fresher the complaint the stronger it is. My collegue's friend actually got them to re-renovate to her own choice of tiles. from what i heard, she complained as there were cracks from the tiles and they agreed to redo it, so she asks if she can choose the ones she like if she top up n they were ok with it.
so if got defect, must complain, so that all our places won't look the same. haha *evil
Here's the link to the checklist i found online.
http://diva79.blogspot.com/2008/03/hdb-defects-checklist.html
i know it's kinda still early, but i think the checklist should come in handy.
Cheers

fatbaby86

Hi All,

My apologies, the last time i tried viewing by MYHDBpage was last month or the month before. i guess they have taken down the link. used to be under application status>new flat.
sad.gif

decepticon

blk 458 has started to paint interior. now paint till bout level 5 to 6. not sure of the other work thgh casue cant see.. 2 of the blks at max level liao! our flats are finally coming soon!! eh i mean maybe about 1 more yr..

dezumondo

Hi All,

I went to the site again today. I think our earlier estimates were quite accurate. We should expect to see the completion of 16th storey of Blk 456 next month, and Blk 455 in June. Looking forward, we should be able to collect keys from 2nd quarter of 2011...

http://i43.tinypic.com/6tcjlx.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/1zf0c43.jpg

<u>Blk 455</u>
This block is still the slowest at 13th storey.

<u>Blk 456</u>
Units 123 to 127 are at 15th storey. Units 117 to 121 are at the start of 16th storey.

<u>Blk 457/458</u>
These two blocks are at 16th storey.

hillgal83

Right now, since my wedding plans set liao, will not do revo for the flat until after the wedding.. probably by end of Dec 2011 then will move in ba.... BUT it is still very exciting seeing the flats all SLOWLY reaching the 16th floor...
I wonder what colour they will paint the flats with?? Would it be the yellow that is usualy used in their images for Segar flats??

hillgal83

White is SO boring...
sad.gif

Alex>> we are lucky because our flat's price came out just before SMRT decides to extend the MRT to BP... if HDB were just 1 mth late... they would have revise all our flat prices... I think at least 10% more...

Anyone notice that where our flats are.... we are really at the hill top... "suan teng" people lo... LOL

zgguitarist

yeah.. agree on the MRT part, and guess what, the location of Segar road if you take a look at the Google Map, we are at the edge of a catchment area. and in SG, only a few places are like that,

1. Thomson
2. AMK
3. Bt Timah/Lornie Road

All are expensive area!!!

hillgal83

There are quite a number of us here staying in 456. But maybe they dun check here so often now. Join our facebook group! You should find most of us there...
happy.gif

Just go facebook groups and search for 'Segar Meadows'
happy.gif