Search engine

tunagirl

i find that the search engine is not very user friendly. Many times when i was sure there is such a topic, but often can't find it, and doesn't show in the results. Perhaps u wanna improve on it.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Tunagirl,

Would appreciate if you can let me know the topics you would like to search and we'll investigate. The topics you were looking for may have already been removed by us. We perform maintenance by removing topics in categories where there are many topics very regularly.

Topics are removed based on the following conditions:

1. Topics which have no activity for more than 2 years are removed
2. Topics with less than 1 message and has no activity for more than 30 days are removed.
3. Topics with less than 10 messages and has no activity for more than 90 days are removed.
4. Topics in "Marketplace and Exchange Corner: Others" with no activity for more than 60 days are removed.

Also, there are also occassions whereby the heading was misspelled. So if your spelling was correct and the topic subject heading was wrong, you may not be able to locate the topic.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

shernine

Hi,

Well, I find that the threads are very messy... For example, when you select "Home and Deco", then you will see so many threads there... Some are old threads no longer ppl 'talking', some are new.

Well, I feel that it's quite stressful coz so many threads. The critical part is that the threads being sorted in alphabetical order.

I would like to suggest that why not the thread be sorted in terms of the time/date?

Then the top one would be the new thread, or the latest 'active' threads. In such a way, isn't it much easier for us?

I feel that threads should be sorted in terms of 'activeness' (date/time) sequence.

Thanks

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Shernine,

Thank you for the feedback. We value and appreciate all suggestions.

The request to arrange the topics in chronological order has been suggested on various occasions. I've always suggested this can be met by using the last 12|24|72 hours function available on both the top and bottom navigation bar. I may have also erroneously thought that maybe the user has not gotten used to our layout.

Your account shows that you've joined the community for 3 months with a posting of about 300 messages. I would really be glad to know your views about our last 12|24|72 hours and how does it differ from your request of arranging the topics by date.

I would like to summarise the reasons why we had not acceded to user's request of arranging the topics according to date:

1. We feel that the last 12|24|72 hours functions meets the request of arranging the topics according to date.
2. SingaporeBrides forum is generally a topic based forum where it is easier to locate topics related to specific boutiques and venues if they were arranged alphabetically.
3. We hope not to inconvenience the community who have participated in the forum for a very long time and are comfortable with the current arrangement.

However, that being said, we are always open to suggestion and will change if required.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

shernine

Hi Chin Leng,

Ok, my views on using between the last 12|24|72 hours function and the arranging topics by date is that when you select let's say 24 hours based, then everything for all topics will be shown, and you will need to scroll down slowly and go thru all the topics to search for which topic you like to participate on.

Whereby for the topics sorted by date, once we select the particular topic, then from there, we can see the latest active topics and so on. And so we need not go thru so many inactive threads.

But however, with this inconvenience, I can still adjust myself to suit the way of the forum runs since this is then arrangement of the forum
happy.gif

Thankis for your clarifications.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Shernine,

If you would like to have the latest topics of a particular category returned, you may like to try the following:

Click on Search and enter your search criteria. In the illustration below, I've actually searched for the active topics for the past 1 day in "Bridal Botiques and Services".

<center>
301378.jpg
</center>
Please feel free to e-mail me or post your feedback regarding the above suggestion.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.