SEALY BEDS

hoho03

hi lyn, euro king? is that customized size ? what are the dimensions ?nobody mentioned to me about that before ...

my fiance's legs are 'sticking out' cuz slight portion of the mattress actually goes under the padded headboard and shorten the length of the mattress. . .apologies for my lousy description !

lyn6305

Hi Hoho03,

Tat is not customised size leh...i heard I-Pheng said tat our Grande is Euro King lor. I cant remember the dimension now. I got to go back and check then let u know.

OIC...hehe...i get wat u mean now. But i saw them put the mattress on the bedframe like just nice. hehe...

lala_lala

Hi all, my King size mattress dimension is 183 X 190 X 36cm. Is this the standard or the Euro King size?

Hi Jo maybe you can try the one that I purchased, San Marino. The mattress during last weekend promo work out to S$2222 after all lest and discount. The promotional king size badframe is S$250. So total work out to be S$2472, just slightly exceed your budget. Maybe you can try to check with them at Robinson again.

lyn6305

Hi Hoho03,

My King size dimension is 183 x 190 x 37cm.

Hi Wylson, I think ur San Marino is 183x190x33cm. Cos i initially also booked tat but later changed to Grande. On my invoice, its written 33cm for San Marino. U mite want to confirm tat else u get the wrong bedsheet size.

methanol

I had a friend who bought a queen San Marino at S$2090 that come with 4 pillows, 2 mattress protectors and a free bedframe...they used Robinson card and have another 5% discount further to S$2090.

Why can't they give a fixed price and have to resort to selectively priced the Sealy mattress depending on how hard you bargain. I reckon that it also depends on how much sales the sales girl is expected to clock per day.

Looks like buying on a weekday would give you a large leverage as there is not much sales and that sale girl will be pressured to give better discount than on weekends. Try this out and it may help.

But as I said, try to buy something comfortable and don't have to buy branded mattresses...that will burn a hole in your pocket...

cheers.

lala_lala

Hi Lyn, the dimension stated on my invoice is 36cm leh. Funny! hmmm, maybe drop by this weekend to double confirm again. Probably need to bring a measuring tape to take the exact measurement. hehe
happy.gif
thanks for that. must really get the right dimension else really get the wrong bedsheet size then jia lat liao.

Wisely yee, the price you mention is for queen size San Marino and there's no such thing as free bedframe. Probably your friend get the promotional bedframe that cost S$125 for queen size. It work out to be around the figure that you mentioned. As I said earlier, it purely depends on individual preference with respect to getting mattress. There's no hard and fast rules. Just be happy on what you had gotten and sleep peacefully ya.
happy.gif

lyn6305

Hi Wyslon, no problem. Hehe...just make sure u got the rite dimension.

Also lets keep everyone updated on further reduction of prices in RObinsons. Hee...

Cheers!

kenjoc

Thanks Wylson!

Your San Marino is king size? So with the bedframe, it's abt $2472? Hehe.. still within my budget lei.. =P

What kinda of bedframe you get from them? My FH quite particular with the bedframe.. hm... so the mattress itself is $2222 after robinson card discount ya?

hoho03

hi lyn thanks for checking ... ummm am i correct that length and breadths for king and euro king are the same, only the height/thickness is different ?

thanks to all too for sharing your information and knowledge

lyn6305

Hi Hoho03,

Actually i also not sure but i can tell u the thickness is alot of diff. Cos for me, i need to buy bedsheet which is of 15" and my fren is 16" one. Buy wrongly then cant fit liao.

hoho03

hi lyn, yeah thickness is definitely important when it comes to buying bedlinens, so is it easy to find 15" 16" bedsheets ? like only certain brands linen carry that ?

was thinking if euro king is longer length then will be good for my fiance cuz 190 fits him just nicely. now considering to buy a 'bench'(dunno what;s the correct name for it) to place it at the end of bed to articially lengthen the mattress ! which will actually also add to the decor of the room but kinda tough to find one

lyn6305

Hi hoho03,

16" quite rare, only for certain brand like Santa Barbara, Hallmark, Peri, Cozy. Only know of these 4 brands tat carry 16".

15" more common...i saw one in house brand by Robinsons. Cant rem its name now but will rem when i see it again hehe...

Oh u mean the ottoman huh...yup now some ppl place ottoman at end of the bed...hehe...sometimes can sit there and read or watever.

hoho03

oh yeah ottoman, too sophisticated name to remember .... thanks lyn for sharing the info

fiance and i have bought king-sized san marino but still thinking of upgrading when delivery date gets nearer, so will go try out the premium euroking !

lyn6305

Hi Hoho03, no problem. Same as us, we bot San Marino but had upgraded to Grande over last weekend. Have further discount at tat time so we upgraded it. Hope will be able to get further reduction lor. Hehe...

methanol

My friend is a hard bargain couple. They managed to get free bedframe (the S$125) free after they threatened to walk out...and only then that I-Peng gave them the deal... However, pls see that the final price you pay is reasonable as they tend to set high price and claimed to have 20% discount and etc. But focus on the final price.

Sealy sales girl has this hard target to please her management and she will give more discount to clock the sales. You may want to try to bargain all the way...

It's true that my friend got Queen size at S$2090 with all the free gifts and bedframe...There is an invoice to prove it.

eternitystar

Hi Wisely

Went shopping for mattresses at Robinson yesterday evening, and we saw a Sealy mattress that we like...

Din know that yr fren cld even bargain to get the free bedframe?! Hmm...when did they purchase the item?

Any other places to recommend to look for mattresses? Thanks ^_^

methanol

Mattresses are distributed quite widely recently. The most important is to look for one that is comfortable and then test it by lying down. If the mattress is suitable and affordable, you may want to suggest a price that is reasonable. Most retailers should be able to give you some discounts. But Robinson Sealy mattress sales girl's discount depends on her mood and desperation to close sales as pressured by her management, who is Sealy distributor in Singapore.

You may want to try some industrial areas near to Kaki Bukit (opposite the Nissan showroom) where we have found a retailer, Home Themes, which has some good but not very branded mattresses that are quite cheap and comfortable. They allow and encourage you to test the mattresses regardless of the brands...

carollan

Hi Wisely yee,

Ya, i have visited Home Themes many times and bought a dunlopillo Firmrest supreme from there. The shop-owner (Mr Koh) is very knowledgeable and friendly. He even volunteer to give suggestions on my bedroom layer when I told him I got space constraint.

Those who are looking for furniture also can go there as they do sell a wide range. Nice design and reasonable price.

Hope this info is useful...

Cheers!

staritzz

ive bought my sealy mattress yet to be delivered.

was wondering if i shld get the suedue brown bed frame... if u notice, the divan is actually 2 single bed put togther to make a king size.

heard its bad fengshui for a couple to sleep on a king size mattress thta is made up of 2 single ones.. but does separate divan contribute to bad fengshui too?

any good/bad feedback on that particular suedue brown bedframe?

lyn6305

Hi Staritzz,

Which sealy mattress u bot?

Which suedue brown bedframe are u talking abt? How much it cost?

I think its best not to get a bedframe tat is made up of 2 single bed.

hoho03

hi staritzz, i agree with lyn on best not to get 2 single beds, kinda like 'separated' . . .more ideal to have a bed frame, more conventional proper complete and well-supported . . . divan gives me the feeling that it is easily movable esp with rollers . . .are you referring to the micro-fibre suede with high backing or the one with ribbon tied to the side ? I am considering the high backing one but it's kinda pricey

lyn6305

Hihi,

Actually, i bot one bedframe from Sealy and is having the promotion, selling at $250. However, we din ask abt whether the bedframe is 2 separate bed put together or not. Tot is actually one...

Hmmm, maybe i shd find out from Sealy.

lyn6305

Hihi,

I asked my HB if our bedframe also made up of 2 bed and he said yes cos he actually asked the salesperson when i am not ard.

Then i told him tat is it not auspicious but he said no choice. Most of the King size bedframe hv to be made up of 2 bed else it will be difficult to transport and how they gonna fit into lifts and staircase? Sounded quite true too...unless use forklift to deliver our bedframe? Hmmm...headache lor.

We actually dun need a bedframe..just need a headboard cos we did a raised platform in our MBR to put our mattress but my HB changed his mind...he wants a headboard and so bot a bedframe.

charlesphoon

It used to be one whole piece for king size divan but now due to delivery problem they have changed it to 2 pieces.If you dont mind paying more of cause you can get it in one whole piece.But it still depends on the staircase of your area so ground floor confirm got no problem.If you have problems finding a shop to do that then let me know.

lyn6305

Hi Charles,

Thanks. But since we had oredi ordered for the bedframe then we shall just stick to it. :p

No choice liao since ordered it.

dreamer17

wisely,

from the say u say u seems tat u dun like sealy mattress...btw i was there for the GSS promo at robinsons. the 20% applies to ALL BRANDS of mattress. and a further 5% rebate if r a robinsons member. also when i was there in mid july, there was this promo only for 3 days (fri to sun). on top of the 20%, u still get $200 off ALL BED LINENS and MATTRESS. plus a 5% rebate if u r a member.

mayb u have juz bought 1 before the sales and then now u wan to come in and tok bad abt sealy or robinsons? dun be jealous....pple in the forum are juz here to find out the pros and cons of the individual mattress so that they can make a better choice in choosing their comfortable mattress.
can u stop saying bad remarks like the salesgirl need to clock high sales..etc...btw u work as a sealy promoter before is it in robinsons?if nt how u know they need to clock high sales? other brands of mattress promoter no need to clock high sales too? think before u say....

FYI: all the 20% applies to ALL BRANDS of mattress during GSS sale.

lyn6305

Hi Dreamer,

Yes. Robinsons has attractive discounts, esp during GSS. I bot my Sealy mattress from there and also got further reduction of the price just after 2 weeks of purchase. And wat the salesperson initially told us is true. They really helped us calculate which is better offer and amended our invoice to reflect the new pricing after more discounts. Hee...hope more discount would be coming up to further reduce our price. :p

clclwedding

Hi All,

So happy, yesterday managed to buy "Mayfair" from Expo fair.. Although we have already paid, but still wans to know how much you guys paid for this model. Pls share.. Tks!

Cheers!

bearbit

HI 01/01/2007, bought the Mayfair too. But it was earlier in the year. My contract sates that for queen size we pay $2150. For King its $2450. Got free pillows and matress protector. Bedframe is $125 for queen and $250 for king. How much did you pay?

jon_erica

anyone interested in getting simmons charleston (queen) at $2650 ? comes with free divan, mattress protector and 2 pillows.

selling for a friend, bed is brand new, not even shipped to singapore yet, but scheduled time to reach singapore is end nov/early dec.

interested parties, pls email [email protected]

clara_ong_

well let me give u all some advices i have done research for the 3 Ss(simmons ,sealy,serta).

For simmons they r renowned for the support for their original pocketed coil technolgy .Simmons is the first that bring in individual pocketed coil decades ago it is the orginal only orginal pocketed coil are pre-compressed. I know u all dont understand. For example when we pre-compresses a coil from a 7 inches(Simmons have the highest coil height in the market) to a stardard height simmons set, the coil actually will be insisting on getting up so we slp on the mattress we can feel the support.Imported from USA,Japn,Korea,Canada,OEM malaysia,OEM China n OEM Thailand

Sealy entered Singapore market not very long Sealy are renowned for their Posturepedic coil we call it open coil all the coils are fully connected with wire.Posturepedic coil have sensory arm n triple off set it is said to be able to adjust to the correct alignment for our body.Sealy mattresses are mostly very comfortable.Sealy is the world's best selling mattress. Total Sales figures (world no. 1) Sealy + its two other sub companies.Sealy also have very wide price range(cheap to very expensive)as compared to Serta n Simmons.Most range Asemble in Thailand.Only some Unicase(expensive) from USA

Serta is the youngest in Singapore mattress industry compare with the other 2.Serta is renowned for its mira coil technology is also name open coil fully connected with wire among the coil, n their comfort level for mattress.If serta says it is no.2 no one dare to compete with it for comfort level.But Serta these recent years did come out with their pocketed coil series for their mattresses.Serta did also won the title (We make the world's best mattress).Most range asembled in indonesia. practise OEM(original equipment manuafacturing).Some from USA.

Well If u wanted support higher can go for Simmons,if u wanted Comfort level higher go for Sealy or Serta open coil are used to make soft n comfortable mattresses.If you want support n no motion transfer between u n ur partner can go for Individual pocketed coil.If u only more concern about enjoying of comfort level 3 minutes before u slp u can go for open-coil Sealy or Serta.Only Simmons USA range can be compatible to Sealy n Serta for the comfort level.If u r more concern about the 8 hrs of sleep u will need good support u can go for Simmons.Choose a mattress according to what your needs.Hope it will help u to choose a mattress wisely

kimifin

I got the San Marino series from Centerpoint. Main thing for choosing, you just have to feel comfortable lying on it. Tip: go & lie down after a day of work or shopping, you will feel the difference! Also, free comfort!

lucielle_ma

well that not true u are tired after a day at work which mattress also comfortable one .During weekend when u feel refreshing than shop for mattress you will be more vigilant and accurate in your analysis and u will definately could make a good choice in mattress that is more catered to your needs eg comfort or support or sth somewhere in the mid)

kimifin

Lucielle,

also agree, I actually went for many times, weekends & weekdays. But felt weekdays can feel better...hah, maybe I'm really tired...

lyn6305

Kimi, icic...i tot is King size. From wat i know, there is a price increase in Sealy's mattresses.

The one i bot has increased by $500. Lucky we bot during the GSS to lock the deal. My mattress will be delivering this coming sat. :p

kimifin

U r fast! We just have to feel comfortable about the price & feel of mattress. Hope it really feels good & worth the price.

lyn6305

hehe...we happened to be shopping at Robinsons and passed by the Bedshop. We walked ard then saw Sealy and remembered my fren mentioned tat they tried one mattress and is very comfy.

So we tried on their mattresses..then we found one mattress which is similar to 1 Simmons mattress which we like hehe...but we booked San Marino at first cos its very cheap...after disc, is ard $2500 for King size.

But we love another model which is call Grande...after much consideration, we decided to upgrade to Grande lor.

mebbie

hi anyone tried the luxemborg at Robinsons??
i am in a dilemna...dunno which one to choose as i like both very much.

tinkerstar

Hi Mebbie,

I've just bought a luxemborg from Robinsons today as they had a promotion. I was in fact choosing between San Marino, Luxemborg, Mayfair and Serta Alabama, Nightstar... All of them were very comfortable! Finally settled for Luxemborg as there was a promotion at Robinsons. Din take San marino as I find Luxemborg more plush.. Mayb coz it is 1 inch thicker than San Marino..

Anyway, really happy that I've finally bought my mattress! Din know that it can be so hard to choose a mattress that is comfortable and within my budget.

lyn6305

Hi gals,

I am now using Sealy's Infinity Grande. Good! Its plush but yet able to provide great support for our back. hehe... both my hb and i always overslept as the mattress is too comfortable liao.
happy.gif

kimifin

Tinkie,

i bought San Marino, thk cos I like firm feel.
Wah, I tried to move the mattress with my bf, v v heavy! U need 2 guys. since urs is 1 inch thicker, it will b as heavy!

I thk sealy is a good choice, rem u must flip the mattress from time to time according to the instructions.

lyn6305

Hi Kimi,

I think mattress is too heavy and difficult to flip the mattress. My mattress weighed more than 100kg and even the delivery man told us tat the mattress is heavy.

schnauzie

lyn - i just got my grande delivered last sat too and the delivery man said the same thing...housework will be a real chore next time ;(

lyn6305

Hi Schnauzie,

Hehe...ya lor...flipping of the mattress is oredi a chore for 2 person.

I rem u bot San Marino rite? U also chg to Grande? hee...