SEALY BEDS

demi

Also FYI that IF the exact model of your Sealy is selling at another shop for cheaper price, you can go back to get them to match the price. This is some kind of Sealy assurance.

Also, you get price protection, ie if your mattress haven't deliver to you and there is a sale, you can go back and get them to match the lower sale price. This is confirm for Sealy sleep gallery and big departmental stores. Not sure for places like Aero.

Taka staff work directly for Sealy Asia. They are quite helpful even when I asked them questions about models that Taka don't carry, and apparently they can give the best deals.

Other places are dealers.

I have bought a King Crown Jewel from Taka and 2 cheaper Queen Backsaver series from Aero. All haven't deliver yet.

Hope this info helps you all!

godzillaoh

Aloha!

Thanks for putting tips here on what to and where to buy..
happy.gif
I am at loss whether we shld get the beds now or when our hse is done up? We are in the midst of findin IDs now.. worry that by end of the year, there mite not b as good sale as now, the gss.

Demi > So basically its better to go strait to TAKA? cos they got all the diff models there? I am quite confused abt the models available.. I tried the backsaver at harvey norman at millenia. feels so good!
happy.gif
any reason y u bot at aero? how abt IMM? they carry another set of diff models? Any recommendation for queensize beds? we have budget 2-3k. believe in getting good quality beds. afterall we work hard, we nid to sleep well.
happy.gif

sorri for askin so many questions, cos i got alot of stuff to read up.. like washer, dryer, fridge... so many things.... wld appreciate if anyone has recommendation for any brands on the items i mentioned?

Thanks!
happy.gif

demi

moo, taka means takashimaya lah! :p

godzilla, if you are only interested in the Sealy brand, and wanna do research, you should go to in this order

1) Aero for the cheapest range (there's one at Furniture Mall) squeeze one more free pillow.
2) Sealy Sleep gallery at IMM, Harbourfront or Furniture Mall for mid-high range (same dealer, company is called The Home Store)
3) Robinson for mid range
4) Lastly make a stop at Taka to experience the highest range and talk to the sales rep about what you like. They don't have all models on display but the rep has very good knowledge on models they don't carry, unlike the rest. They work for Sealy so they know all the Sealy product line, the rest are dealers so they only know for what they carry only.

You can accomplish this in 2 days straight, just go Furniture Mall and Orchard only. If you like the ones at Furniture Mall just skip the Orchard part, this is just to let you have a full experience, not really needed if you don't have the time lah.

Remember to ask for a 10% + 10% discount if you are buying from Sealy sleep gallery. The lady at furniture mall branch think I don't know anything and offer me 10% + 5% discount only, haha. Aero dunno can or not.

Forget about Harvey Norman, I compare the same model Tiara and HN is selling $1k more than IMM. Note down the model you want and buy it somewhere else. Robinson also very expensive and they always anyhow give sale one, order already must keep going back to check the price.

I bought at Aero coz I just wanna buy the cheapest range for my guest rooms.

Note the thickness of the mattress hor, wait buy bedsheets damn kang kor. Mine is 16" thick so quite limited choices.

melodyfloss

moo>from my understanding , onyx is a similar model as millionaire in Takashimya. Takashimya doesnt carry lower range mattress( but cant bargain much). if u want me to list the sealy shops in order( best range to low range) i would list down takashimya> sealy gallery( IMM ) > robinson> aero.the reason why i bought my first mattress at Sealy gallery because of the excellent service i received and in addition i was offered a better price.as for demi, if i am not wrong she purchased her crown jewel mattress sometime back, thats why she can be entitled to 10% + 10% but from what i know they dont give so much discount anymore as i heard that they are going to discontinue crown jewel and bring in palestial crest series.hopes that helps. i find the posturepedic range is good enough for me already.ar yoh, mattress is so subjective, get the one you really like loh

ahmei

betwen sealy gallery and robinsons, seem that diff opinions which place carry a higher range..will be checking them out! thanks everyone!

rains

Zoeanne,

I'm interested in San Marino, but the price work out to be $2336 nett (after 5% rebate and the $200 discount) with bed frame, pillows and mattress protector. How did you manage to get it at $2200? Could you share with me on that?

zoeanne27

Hi rain
OH. I dun know. But i did heard from them saying that after the date i bought, they raise the price. Perhaps thats why ...

I also got $2200 nett (after 5% rebate) with bed frame, pillows and mattress protector/
happy.gif

kaye

hi,
I also have intention to buy Sealy mattress...
had went down to Taka, Robinson, last wk Suntec exhibition and The Furniture Mall..
Worst experience at The Furniture Mall.
The lady just totally ignored us and entertain the Indian man who came in after me..
Had tried Manchester & Monarch...personally preferred Manchester...
if compare San Marino & Mayfair, I preferred San Marino
but only got 1 free mattress protector leh

zmonzter

Hi I went to Sealy for the second time today at IMM and I totally agrees that the service there is absolutely fantastic. No hard selling tactics and they understand tat u need time to consider bout such an important investment. According to Giovann (the nice sales lady), there is a new mattress called Jade which is supposedly to be more comfortable than the Royal Mornarch. And its about 2.6K after discount. Any comments on this mattress?

akoyo

i have bought this San Marino from Robinsons. Got the king size, bed frame, pillows and mattress protector at $2879. After 5% will be $2735. Humm, is the difference between a king size and queen size that great ?

ahmei

hi akoyo, i think the diff is not that great..but still worth it..when i try the king size, both of us lying down there, has some space in between us...but i think not for queen size..

zoeanne27

Hi akoyo
When u decide your bed size, also see if it can fit in your room. We bought King initially, realise it is too big for our MBR.. so change to queen.. especially nowadays flats are getting smaller...

happy.gif

kaye

Nelson,
I went to The Furniture Mall..the lady said the bedframe depends on the frame that U chose...
just add abt another $400~$600

akoyo

Humm, that's true.. But we still prefer to have a king size. More room and not so squeezy.. Many mothers advised that i should get a king size, need space for baby to lie after breast feeding. Haha That's like a common advice from all.

sheron

Hi,

I tried Jade and Onyx last nite at IMM. Can't really tell the diff.
Anybody got comment on Onyx?
The price diff for a king size is almost $800.

I still like Manchester the best but it's over my budget...

Cheerz

beagle

hi hazel..
What would that add up to?

Hi sheron..
Can you tell me what would be the price of Manchester you saw then? i seriously looking at it but erh.. looks like i just got to go dwn n ask myself leh...

sheron

hi,
i am quoted $3479 (with frame) and $3130 (matress only) for king size, Manchester model.

i tried Imperial Award at Metro tonite, it gives me almost the same comfort like Manchester. it's at $2366.

any comment on tis model?

hi ahmei,
i tink it's in the market for a yr leh.

ashly

Hi all,

I've bought a sealy bed at queen size but am thinking of upgrading it to king size. I thought the bed frame for king size mattress is quite ugly though - it's made of two single bed frames and they tie the middle legs together to make it a king size frame.

I'm wondering if there's a duvan that comes with san marino. How much more does it cost?

dreamdoll

Hi all,

I'm quite new and lost about matresses. I've heard about Simmons, but can anyone tell me more abt Sealy? The difference between them?

ashly

Hi dreamdoll,

Simmons is known for its hardness while Sealy is known for its plushness. To me, I feel that hard mattresses are quite common so I don't find it very special, but Sealy beds give me the "Wow!" feel. I didn't believe in splurging on a silly bed until I met Sealy.

You can always go down to Robinsons to try out Simmons and Sealy, as well as IMM - they call it The Home Store on the mall directory I think. Lie down on the beds to see how you like them. Take your time to explore all their beds becos they sell diff models at diff places. Eg. for sealy, the beds are sold at robinsons, taka, IMM and harvey norman, and they are of diff range.

nicole82

hi, i m int in getting the sealy mayfair, would like to racky for best pricing for queen or king sized mattress. anyone knows? the best i got for queen is $2090 and king for $2375.

irenep

Hi nicole,

think u can go Ackerman & smith which is located at TPY central BLK 190 (located at 3rd floor) to check for the prices.

snowy_casper

Hi all,
hmm personally, is best not to buy frm dept store coz it will be mush expensive than those distributor showroom at ind. park.

i regret bought the simmon at robinson which it could sell at a lesser price frm distributor showroom....so sad abt that....
somemore, nw they hv promo... sealy mattress + bed!!! whoever want to buy mattress pls keep look out at somewhere.... BUT NOT dept. store!

jen_bibi

Hi gals

i got my sealy mayfair (just e mattress) last sun, queen size bought at $1899. think is a good buy n loved it. can't wait to sleep in it... :p

stonesix

hi all,

new here to this forum.
But now Im in the market hunting for a better mattress, naroow down to Sealy Jade and Serta Alabama. The Alabama is a little bit plush than Jade, but in long run. I think Jade may do the job well. Because after sometimes, the coil tends to sag and it would be better to suit your body contour and sleeping habit.

Sealy IMM quate me $3300 for Jade with free PVC bedframe, and 2 pillows.

But Alabama for $2999 with microfibre bedframe and 2 pillow.

Cand really make up my mind...
need your advice expecially those with this 2 mattress...

thanks all.

gohhappy

hi, i'm looking at the Onyx model. any comments. How does it compare with other ranges such as manchester, jade etc??

stonesix

hey...anyone went to Expo for the Living Concept, heard there got Sealy Mayfair for for special promotion...
any idea how much and what are the std items they give away?

thanks.

sozky

Hi,

Heard from Sealy salespax that they will be having a post christmas sales...50% off second purchase of Sealy mattress!!!
Anyone interested to conso purchase...pls PM me...
Thanks...

vinmei

Hi sozz,

Really? Thats very good leh. Are there a restriction on the models to buy for the 50% one?

icegoh

Hi,

Me also very interested. Planning to get 1 in a few weeks time. Let me know or PM me if you buying.

angel19c

Hi guys,

I am also interested to get a sealy mattress. The model I am looking at a Queen Size Royal Monarch. Anyone knows the price ?

doggy_gal

Hi

I'm looking at Royal Monarch king size.

Esther at IMM Home Store told me that prices expected to increase 3rd quarter of this month. So by post xmas i guess it'll be the higher price? hmm...but shld still be worth it rt?

angel19c

Hi Agnes,

What is the price of the Royal Monarch Queen Size now, do you know ?

I thought of getting one before the price goes up.

icegoh

Hi,

Went to IMM today and the salesperson say that the 50% discount on 2nd mattress is only a rumor.. so sad.......

beautyseek

We just go a Celeste King for S$1469 (no bedframe) last Sun. If got bedframe will be S$2128. The sales @ IMM told us that the promo will be ending in Q3 of this mth.. that was why we quickly confirmed the purchase.

Do you all think this is an ok price as we bought without doing much research and also didn't chk out other places like Taka or John little?

My FH is also thinking abt changing to Mayfair King which will cost S$2500 (incl bedframe)...

We are getting the mattress delivered only next yr Sept 06, do you think there will be any prob? Like old mattress or anything like dat?

quan_gie

anybody looking at the current robinson sale for sealy/simmons bed at $2006? good deal? or is it better to get during mid-year GSS or other sales?

doggy_gal

i went down to try the beds. It's the kind without any plush top. Not to our liking. Still very gd offer for the other beds. $600 off + 6% discount. Too bad i'm not just buying mattress otherwise sure buy from them.