SEALY BEDS

schnauzie

keke lyn stop tempting me! cannot sit on it till after an chuang and wedding
sad.gif
(

tinkerstar

Huh... Like tt how to flip? Think mine wil be even heavier loh..

Any idea where to buy bedsheet for 15inch mattress?

kimi, i think u are right, sealy is a great choice..

asper

Hi,

I bought a Sealy mattress recently at the Robinson's sale.

Just realised that their king size is 183 x 190. I thought king sizes were routinely 180 x 190. Went to Ikea to buy bed frame and the sales person says the bed frames they have can only fit 180 x 190.

Does anyone know if the 3 cm matters or can I just fit the mattress into the ikea frame?

Any advice on places to get bed frames?

xlan

if u already got a good mattress.. it is more impt to get a good supportted base.. for instance.. i bought a beautyrest tribute and the simmons website stated: it is important to buy a matching mattress and base unit. The base unit such as foundation box, boxspring, or bedframe is built to work with specific mattress construction to maximise the benefits of a particular mattress and to valid the warranty. The base unit boasts high durability and acts as a shock absorber to minimise movement and enhance sleep. The sales person in Simmons also advised me to go back to the place where I bought my mattress and check out what is the base the showroom was using when I tested out the mattress. It is because different base give slightly different feel. So when at the time I select the mattress, the comfort I feel was partly contributed by the base they used. To have the same feeling at home, best to refer back to the showroom.

ekardo

I am quoted $1850 for Sealy's Ivory King size, with free 2 pillow and matress protector...

is it a good price??

moomooland

I bought a Sealy Royal Princess at Living Showcase at Suntec - $2826(after disc), king size with 2 upgraded extra firm pillows + 2 mattress protectors. Is it expensive?

moomooland

Is it true for Sealy that the thicker the layers are, the more pricy it is?

The Royal Princess I got is 14" while Astoria(firmer) was about 12" ($2650).

lyn6305

Moomooland,

I guess the price is more cos of the plusher of the thicker mattresses. I bot the infinity range and cost ard 4K for the mattress lor...but its really comfortable...
happy.gif

friends78

I've just bought my sealy mattresses from Harvey Norman. Model is Sapphire, the one with pillow top. Have to buy it from HN cos it's the only store that accepts 48 mths Diners credit Card 0% installment plan. Most of the store offer up to 24 mths only. With wedding & reno expenses, it's always good to have some extra cash in your account:) Moreover, my Diners card has free lifetime annual fee.

sept08bride

Went to Robsinson today to try out Sealy Luxemborg and was quoted $3799, less 20%+10%+5%rebate = $2736. So comfortable and tempted to buy but the bedframe will cost $1299. A bit exp
sad.gif
. The salegal told us there will be sales going on next week and probably able to save extra few hundreds. Just wonder is it a gd deal? Will they throw in free pillow and mattress protector?

musical_box

Halo =)

Seems that this website is very quiet in 2008.
can anyone advise where can i find cheap SEALY mattress now? Any sale going on?
Many Thanks

winningeleven

go to sungei kabut..bedding salon. always see the advertiments in the sat strait time.I bought my king sealy + bed frame + pillow + protector for $1899.

foreveryoung

Hi,

I just purchased a king-size sealy harmony at courts for S$2169. I neg for 4 pillows & 2 mattress protector. Queen is selling for $2009. a few other models on promo as well..

winningeleven

winnie...the model i bought is "tara".exclusively being on sale by the agent here...definitely cannot get it from the sealy shop and robinson..haha.Initially,we had already placed deposit on a model "monte carlo" at robinson during the sale, price is $2100 for king but my wife felt it is very worth to get the one from bedding salon as it also free bedframe, model is different but the feeling of the laying on it feel the same.

Thanks winningeleven
happy.gif
Its kind of confusing cause the model changes in places. Like what we saw in courts is not available in robinsons that kind... Do you know what is the opening hours for the bedding salon? Thanks
happy.gif

winningeleven

Not sure abt the bedding salon opening hour but i can confirm it open on both sat and sun.My wife is serve by a lady called Cecilia. One thing to take note, beside they are selling Sealy, other reputable brands like Simmons and Serta and the rest of other brands of mattress also there.I can say the range of Sealy mattress is quite limited there but i can say the price is really cheap.

winningeleven

The place is very near to international furniture centre at Sungei Kadut Loop,it is called the nutz centre,u won;t not miss it, if u taking public transport, the nearest MRT station is Yew Tee which there is a small feeder bus to and from to the IFC.

Do take note that the Sealy bed which i ordered from them has not arrived yet as due to my new home is still under renovation,they will only deliever the mattress in early May which i requested. so right now i cannot confirm that the sale service and the experience of getting the bed is good or not...

I won;t think there will be problem on the Sealy mattress...just that i worried there will be some screw up in delievy time and getting the wrong bedframe design.

lwd80

i just purchase a queen size bed at Courts.
1699 with bed frame, 2 pillow and 1 mattress protector. anyone purchase it? i forget to see what model is it.

snoopydog

Hi All,

I was at the Sealy Warehouse Sale 2 weeks ago for 2 days only, and was surprised to see only a handful of people were there. They were clearing their obsolete models, slightly damaged, and soiled sets...sorry, no current models.

I believe I got a great bargain ....I bought a Sealy Infinity Grande queen mattress with Euro Plush Pillow Top( it was recommended in the forum, tried and found it very comfortable ) at $2,100, no freebies, (comes with 10 yr guarantee card), label indicates manufacture date 05/07/2007, but its brand new as assured by the staff there...I double checked it myself again when it arrived last week, no defects!
happy.gif

I tried looking for Grande but none available, but suspect Grande is now The Premium at Robinsons, and Jade at IMM Sealy.

lwd80

Hi All,

Does any one know the different bewteen the Sealy model? All this sealy mattress fall under "Sealy Posturepedic High Performance " but they are named differently by Robinsons, Jade , Courts and etc.....

snoopydog

Hi Lim (lwd80),

This is a simplistic version...in general, most reputable mattress companies usually have 3 ranges to cater to all customers..the budget, intermediate and high end range of mattresses.
Each range will have a different spring system and/or of different quality, in other words, good , better and best.
Lastly, within each range, they will put in padding to increase value and surface comfort, with different thickness and types of materials used eg latex, memory foam, wool, etc.

You have asked about Sealy, it is as follows:

1. Entry level - Backcare series using triple offset coils, and only WARRANTY

2. Intermediate - Posturepedic High Performance, using Posturetech HP coils.

3. High End - Posturepedic Palatial Crest, using DSS coils ( improved version of the above coil ), Unicased and more luxurious upholstery

Both 2 and 3 comes with GUARANTEE...ie better quality and higher price tag .

So if you want to compare models and prices within a range, note the specs like height of the mattress,thickness of the comfort layer or pillow top, how many layers inside, materials used eg latex, memory foam or both, etc. Dont worry about the ticking even if it is made of the most exquisite and luxurious material, you wont feel it once your mattress protector and bedsheet cover it...besides you pay more. Coil count and gauge? if its a reputable brand, ..I really dont care...the quality is assured. Comfort is more important, and your budget of course...so take your time trying, but go for a reputable brand, you will have peace of mind sleeping, knowing your quality mattress will last you at least another 10 years or more, sparing you the tedious and confounding task of mattress shopping till then.

So, the Jade mattress at IMM Sealy is equivalent to the Premium at Robinsons,( if you happen to be there, do check it out and correct me if I am wrong ) even if they are of the same specs...13 inches in height , and has latex layer in its pillow top, similar pricing. You may notice a difference in the fabric and the stitching on the pillow top ....again to differentiate from different stores and confuse consumers. And then in a year or 2, this model will be known by another name...remember it was Grande.

Hopefully, forummers out shopping for mattresses can take note, and add their findings here. Thanks.

Hi spoiltbabe,

The sale was held at SIS building, Leng Kee Road. The staff told me the last sale they had was 2 years ago. If you need more info, you can pm me.

snoopydog

Hi Lim (lwd80),

You did mentioned that you have already purchased a bed set from Courts...are you looking to upgrade so soon?
happy.gif

Your question is vague and general, and I am unable to tell you the specifics of Freedom, or the rest.But from what I have gathered, basically, eg in the posturepedic series, the inner spring system is the same for all the mattresses within this range , its the dressing up of this basic mattress foundation that differentiates the models...as you can see, a lot of variations can be made here...with fabric and materials, thickness and quality..and hence the pricing. Do read my earlier post, you will need to do a bit of legwork and homework, as not every outlet has the space to display each and every model from each range.
IMO,a budget of around $2K is reasonable for a reputable quality mattress. As I am now very comfortable and happy with my new bargain upgrade, it will be a long time before I go mattress hunting again
happy.gif

Personally, my next buy would be a LATEX mattress (100% natural latex of course ). It gives optimal orthopaedic support and relieves pressure points (even better than memory foam, and spring systems),antimicrobial,true "do not disturb" motion free, durable and breathable. Currently, full latex mattresses models are limited and offered by a few like Dunlopillo, Getha, Maxcoil, Napure to name a few, and OMAZZ is a bit expensive,with its superior Talalay latex synthetic latex)...( Note :Technology in recent years has narrowed the quality gap between the standard dunlop and talalay process )...but I digress.

Hi Ryan,

If I recall correctly ( its best if you clarify with them ),
Sealy Guarantee means repair (or replace at Sealy's option) WITHOUT charge to the original purchaser.
Warranty has limited coverage and may be chargeable.

lwd80

Hi Snoopydog,

Thanks, you are very knowledgeable in this area.
I had purchase the mattress but not yet recieved it. just wondering if i wanna upgrade it. for mine, i think it is a very basic mattress with no additional top layer. only 9 inch in height

Does your set come with bedframe?

snoopydog

Hi Lim,

I always research before I purchase...its just me, I like to know what I am buying...but I am still no expert, only a litte knowledgeable
happy.gif

I bought mattress only....bedframes not sold at the sale anyway.

Is your a backsaver or posturepedic series? Remember, you will be sleeping on this for the next 10 years so you might want to TAKE YOUR TIME and try out the mattresses at Courts again before they deliver, you may still be able to change your mind...as I understand, mattresses are not exchangeable nor returnable once its opened, for hygiene reasons.
If you are still interested in a Sealy, I may have good tips for you...just pm me.

lwd80

Hi Snoopydog,

Mine is posturepedic series.
Unable to PM you, guess you have disable it.

Can share more tips which i can look up for in Sealy mattress?
Thanks

annabella

Hi snoopydog,

I brought a Sealy infinity supreme for 2.4k at the warehouse sale. U mentioned u have a 10 year guarantee card, I didn't have leh, they said for sale item, no warranty, but mine is a grand new piece as assured by the sales, the manufacture date is early 08, if I rem correctly. No defects found. Wat's the difference bet yrs and mine. wat's Euro Plush Pillow Top?

where can i get a good bargain for sealy bedframe.

snoopydog

Hi Lim,

Sorry...you can try to pm me again or leave your your email.

Ok..I will give a basic rundown of mattress buying tips ( which I have gathered reading from other forummers' experiences and websites )

1. Go for reputable brand - dont listen to sales talk. If you havent heard of the brand and cant find info on the web, chances are that they are housebrands, perhaps made in China or Indonesia. Quality questionable.

2. Dont be swayed by the promise of a long warranty - esp an unknown or unheard of brand. Claiming against a warranty can be difficult ...besides will the brand be around still?

3. Decide what mattress you want - spring, foam or latex

4. Determine your comfort preference and compare plush and firmness. Its easier if you break it down to basic (no pillow top), then with pillow top - whether its filled with fibre, memory foam, latex or all. Feel the difference.
You need to rest for at least 10 mins to the feel the comfort level esp with memory foam, as it is heat sensitive and takes time to mold to your body.

5. Then go test the best/and expensive bed first in the store, and work your way down to the cheapest. Note those that gave you a good feel,then you look at the price and retry, and work within your budget to further narrow down your choices.

6. You will need to go several times on different days to test out your selected mattresses before you commit...our mood varies constantly and can affect our judgment.

7. Do your research, check the forums (singaporebrides,renotalk ) and go compare prices and best deals before you commit.

8. Dont buy on impulse. Dont give in to "last day promo" or "lock in price " sales gimmicks, its difficult to get a refund if you ever change your mind.

Hi annabella,

Glad to know you also had a great buy at the sale. Did you buy a queen or king? What was your marked price? I am sure its brand new...most of the obsolete models are around a year old..give or take.
Grande has latex in its pillow top, I prefer it over memory foam, as it gives a firmer feel and support as compared to the sunken feeling of the foam. I think Supreme has memory foam layer, what did the staff say? Its difficult to get a true feel there with the plastic covering...but I have tried the Grande some time back and loved it, and hence my choice.
"Euro Plush Pillow Top, Infinity Grande" is indicated on the sewn-on label on the mattress. Whats on your mattress label?
What else did you receive besides your mattress and delivery order form?
I do believe they cover manufacturing defects for the coil springs only, thats what the delivery guy told me, eg
• Coils or wires that are loose or broken,or protrude or tear through any fabric.

Go check your mattress again, both sleeping surfaces and if you dont have any of the above, then you shouldnt have any problems as Sealy is known for its quality.
Its best if you require more info, you can pm me.

I dont know where to get Sealy bedframes, and didnt know they make bedframes...I always thought they are generic and can be sold bundled with mattress purchases by the stores.

fairybride

anyone heard of Sealy Tiffany Plush? Not sure if i got the name right..saw it at the Expo Exhibition under their Sleep Boutique..feels quite comfy...but a bit out of our budget wor..

gabriellek

clara thanks for explaining the 3S but i am confused! if you have to pick 1 of the 3S, which one will you recommend? CHOOSE ONE ONLY.

i tried on sealy mairfair and love it. but it is so expensive! do they go on sale? where? i have been quoted about 2.2k for queen size? (guessing, cos i can't really rem)

ahjie

i would highly recommend Sealy and Serta mattress.

For Sealy, almost top hotels in sg such swissotel, St regis are using sealy mattress. They are reowned for their comfort and support.

Some of models i recommned
Hotel superme
San mario

And guys out there..if you needs and bed frame,devian and headboard i am selling. Feel free to pm me your enquires. etc model size and height material and contact number.

Any qns about sealy and serta mattress i can help to clear your doubts. cheers

klping

Hi there

I just bought Sealy San Marino King size bed at Robinson today. However, I am wondering if I should buy a bedframe from Ikea, Courts, Harvey Norman etc or should I ask the contractor to make a bedframe or does Sealy have a custom-made bedframe? Does it make any difference in the type of bedframes for the mattress?

clarence79

i just bought a Sealy King-size 'Equality' mattress from Courts Tampinese..anyone else bought it?
Like a previous post, the mattress is 183 x 190, will it be able to fit in Ikea's bed frame of 180x190?