SEALY BEDS

janfeb

oh. i got it wrong then. so are the prices at robinson better than IMM's? not sure if i can buy from Robinson now and ask them to deliver 3-4 months later or not?

ahmei

no lah..just wondering..if there's any 10% discount..perhaps the sales guy din tell me...the models at robinsons and IMM are different, so I'm not sure how to compare.

schnauzie

hi all,
saw the sealy madrid at taka..love it. can anyone tell me what is the equivalent model at robinsons or where else i can find madrid?

madeinjapan

u can go down to Furniture mall, their shop is there. they have pamplet too. i tried thier beds..quite good. i heard 4 season hotel using thier beds..

macadamia

anyone knows if we buy from homestore, will be get discount (price protection) if say, robinson has a big discount during great s'pore sale?

most likely gonna get the royal monarch. imm quoted us 2699, after discount is 2540 or something... expo this week having a "gracious homes" fair, the lady was v nice. think price a bit lower.

pepsi73

Anyone interested to get Sealy mattress?Gather more for bulk purchase see to get cheaper price. Anyone interested?

elsiesoo

Hi Jeffrey,
I'm interested in sealy mattress. Contact me at 98787388.

in case anyone interested, harvey norman sealy beds cheaper than robinson's

ashly

From what I know, different places sell different models of Sealy. HN is selling a different range of Sealy. Robinson's carries a slightly higher range of Sealy. If you go to IMM, they carry yet another range. :)

lyn6305

Oic...

I think Takashimaya also carries different range. So tat they dun hv to compete with one another. Hmmm...good marketing strategy! Hehe...

elsiesoo

i kinda figured out how to differentiate them even though they have diff names at diff places...if u surf the respective brand's homesites, they provide specs of each model.

for example if u decide u like somethg that's 3" coil & 2" latex, u can zoom in on such specs everywhere u go. Of coz, don't forget to lie on it just to be certain.

I thk i might end up buying serta...so much for all the research on sealy. But it's still a gd brand, juz tt my FH prefers serta

lyn6305

Yes, i also heard Serta is another good brand. But i hv not tried on them before. Only tried Simmons and Sealy so far. We are afraid tat too many choices would cause more problem so we stick to Simmons or Sealy. And make a choice from there.

We also set on getting Simmons but in the end, we getting Sealy. Haha...not the first time tat we deviate from our first choice. Guess its the sales person doing good service and explanation to us tat matters too.

methanol

Hi friends, have you visited the Kaki Bukit areas recently? There is a row of furniture opposite the car showrooms along Jalan Eunos.

My family visited one of the shop i.e. Home Themes and found their sales staff very friendly, sincere and full of advices to make your bedroom cosy. They also have good mattress brands with them such as Lotus, Dunlopillo, Dreamland and Sealy.

The manager, Mr. Koh is a plump and sturdy yound man is quite helpful in advising us on the mattress selection and he is very knowledgeable about the mattress industry and various types of mattresses for us as I have some back aches problems.

We feel very comfortable with their advices and selected Lotus Roswell mattress and my daughters selected their Hidden bed (a multi function bed cum study table which could be tucked away neatly) and Dunlopillo mattress.

For our guest room, we selected the Dreamland mattress. The prices are quite competitive.

In addition, they also have good sofa sets with customisation facilities.

elsiesoo

Hey Lyn,
which sealy model u bought?

after trying dozens of models, we went back to sealy...again. Tiring exercise finding the "perfect" feel.

we kinda like the Black Label at ackerman. Even after discount it's still more than $3k. Has anyone bought the Sealy Black Label recently?

lyn6305

Hi Elsie,

I bought the San Marino. But after re-trying both San Marino and Grande, we decided to upgrade to Grande. We both felt San Marino is too soft for us.

ahmei

hi, we bought the San Marino...it's very comfortable...have difficulty waking up sometimes. We prefer not too hard and not too soft... i guess you have to try the bed and see if you like.

lyn6305

Hi Schnauzie,

Thanks! We really happy to get one things off our list now. We still hv a no of things to get and do for our upcoming wedding. Hehe...

One of our frens also getting bed and they bot Sealy's Supreme at Robinson and after 5% rebate from Robinsons card, the mattress is abt $4445.

lyn6305

Hi Schnauzie,

hehe...yup, very exp hor. We had tried it...but my HB dun like it. He felt the mattress is too soft as it will give u the feeling of wrapping ard u. So really comfortable and it is memory foam.

My HB prefers Grande while I like both Supreme and Grande lor. Since both of us like Grande then its tat liao hehe...

elsiesoo

Lyn,
actually we really liked Supreme at robinson's too, but the nett price we were quoted is $4100 after card discount. Mebbe ur fren kena "tok"?

In any case, too heartache to pay > $4k for only mattress. We placed order for the Black Label liao. Comes with bedframe, headboard, 2 pillows & protector

not the best deal, but too tired to try more beds :p

methanol

elsie, lyn,

As i have said, the brand is not so impt. in the book "brandless world", most products (especially mattresses) have been investing too much of $ in A&P and hence customers are paying for the costs of it without realising it.

I suppose the most important is comfortable level of the products and the price range that we are afforable.

You could check out other mattresses such as Dreamland, Dunlopillo and lotus which are cheaper and offer same warranty (or even longer) and quality is a given i.e. mattresses suppliers have reached a level of competency that they are quite similar. These brands also don't advertise as much as Simmon, Sealy, Serta, Slumberland, Four Star and King Koil...etc.

from our experiences of searching mattresses, we felt that Sealy and Simmons have over priced their products e.g. in Robinsons, they paid for the renovation and it's concessionaire arrangement where departmental store take a minimum cut of the sales i.e. they have high overhead cost and can't discount much.

lyn6305

Hi Elsie,

Glad u had purchased your mattress. U bot ur Black Label from IMM? How much u paying for it? I guessed its important tat u find it good when u lay on the mattress. Cos my HB is very sensitive toward mattresses..the moment he laid on one and he will tell me this one ok then tat one he is not ok. Tats why our choice is very limited.

The dullopillo he is sleeping on at my home now is giving hime problem. Every morning i see him very jialek and both of us have sleepless nite. Now we woke up very restless leh.

I do not know if my fren kena tok or not leh but tat is the price offered by Robinsons. Plus they giving my fren 4 pillows, 2 of which is very exp one haha...my fren go and ask from them and she also bot another 2 of them each priced at $50 tat very day cos they find it very comfy. She feedbacked tat they had sound sleep tat very nite haha...

lyn6305

Hi Wisely,

Yes, at first we also tot of getting a cheaper mattress. Sealy's personnel, Terence also told us tat those that are more exp does not necessary they are better. Just tat they hv more layers like latex, wool etc to make the mattress comfy. Hence, we are paying more to get all these additional layers.

When we first met him, he asked us wat kind of mattress are we looking at? We told him both of us have back problem and he let us try one of his mattress. But my HB felt its too hard for his back, i find it ok. I am a side sleeper so he said i would need something plusher so he told us to try on another one. This one is much better. After discount, is less than $1500. Then we went on to look ard and we own self tried on the Grande and my HB fell in love with it as this is the one he has been searching for...similar to Simmons Ultimate Supreme.

Something i like abt Sealy is its structure and it has 10-yr guarantee lor.

lyn6305

Hihi schnauzie

Wat do u mean by box spring? I got my bedframe from Sealy. Initally planned to put my mattress on my raised platform but hb tot it looks funny w/out headboard. When we went to buy sealy mattress, he saw this bedframe from sealy and he tot quite nice and headboard is comfy so he bot tat too...

elsiesoo

lyn - I bought the sealy black label for abt $3k. Not the cheapest thing around, but since i'm gonna spend half my time in bed everyday...worth it la

wisely - u're right, brand isn't everythnig. If after trying the mattresses & u end up indifferent betw 2 models, then always take the cheaper one. Problem is...we're both v sensitive to quality of the bed. So qutie difficult to agree on somethg. When we finally agreed on black label, we juz bought it. Personal choice lor...

methanol

lyn and Elsie,
sealy doesn't provide guarantee. you may want to check it out again. they actually only "warranty" the mattress for 10 years. If you go to Thailand, you will be surprise to see the same mattress selling there and the prices are much lower. I did ask the salesman before but they said the cost of getting the Thai made sealy mattress into singapore is high. But I did my calculation before and found that their profit margin is very high.

hence, we decided not to buy sealy as they are too greedy to milk the consumers. we will never buy sealy or simmon due to their A&P and great margin...

cheers.

lyn6305

Hi Elsie,

Yup, i think its the feel when u are laying on the mattress tat is important. If there are few tat u find ok then choose the least exp one.

Hi Wisely, i get wat u mean. But the website put guarantee. Therefore, when the sales person told me i do not believe. Hence, i went to check their website before i confirm. Anyway, be it warranty or guarantee, so long as it is a good mattress and wont give us back problem and even help to relieve us of stressful back then i find it a good mattress.

Cheers!

methanol

Lyn,
Get the salesman to give you a written note about Guarantee. I know that in US, they are the largest and have the facilities to provide Guarantee. For Singapore, 90% of their mattresses are sourced from Thailand, an OEM plant. I remember that they can't give Guarantee in Singapore due to this arrangement.

The Thailand models are the same as the one selling in Singapore because Sealy doesn't have the volume to get the OEM plant to change the production materials. The prices for mid range sealy mattress selling in in high end Departmental store in Thailand is around S$1200. Over in Robinson or other retailers, they are selling at least S$2100 and there is a price control where most of the retailers couldn't sell below 5% discount even in their sealy gallery in IMM. I wonder why a brand could control prices so strictly even though we have an anti-competition commission set up to protect businesses and consumers at large...

lala_lala

Hi guys, after reading through this thread, it seems to me there's a lot of individual preference with respect to getting mattress. Personally I would prefer to get a mattress that can give me a good night rest and waking up the next morning feeling fresh and recharged. Trying out mattress is never fun but deciding on the right one is lagi worst. as wisely yee say, in thailand they maybe selling Sealy mattress much cheaper. But then again, if what you mention that they manufature in Thailand is right, then I feel that the price there is only right to be cheaper than in Singapore. Same thing goes for Toyota and Honda, they oso manufature in Thailand and guess what, a brand new honda city in Thailand cost probably S$20k plus but in Singapore in cost more than S$50K! Bottom line is that the standard of living in Thailand compare to Singapore is very much a big gap. So we cant compare it this way.
But come to think of it, if can get the same mattress in Thailand, then maybe can consider to go there and buy then air freight it into singapore and send to my new house. hahaha.. alamak by this way can save more oso. But then again, who on earth will do it this way. Must well save the trouble and buy the Sealy mattress during some great sales in Spore.

Anyway, I had just made my purchase of the San Marino at Robinson today. I saw on the paper about the GSS promo. Seem quite good deal. 20% off + $300 off + 5%off from Robinson Card. The sales till 11/06. those who are interested can make way there. I pay S$2245 for San Marino. Btw the sales manager promise us that in the event if within the next few months before delivery that the pricing drop any further, they will do a balance refund to us. haha i oso get 4 pillows and a mattress protector from him. so quite happy with the deal lah. He double confirm that its a 10yrs guarantee and not warrenty. Meaning to say any defects, we can have the right to ask for 1 to 1 exchange.

Come to think of it. if a mattress cost $2500 and can last for 10 yrs, ie, 3650days, then each day you only need to spend appr. $0.70 for 2 of you to get a peaceful and comfortable sleep. Its better then anything else on earth.. hehe..

No offence to anyone, just my 2 cent worth of info. cheers.

hoho03

hi wylson, may i check if you got a queen or king ? i got a king-sized just in april for slightly higher price and only 2 pillows ,,, and did you purchase from robinson at centrepoint ? thanks

lala_lala

hi hoho03, I got a king size mattress from Robinson Centrepoint. The selling price is S$3299 less 20% + $300 + 5% Robinson Discount. But as i dun have Robinson card yet, they allow me to place a deposit of 20% and the balance to pay off in Robinson card when I recieve it. So the balance will have 5% off. with that it work out to my figure. If just taking the formal calculation, it should work out to S$2222. As for the pillows, I press them for it. My FW so happy cos she has extra pillow to hug.. haha
happy.gif

hoho03

geez, i;m paying >200 more , gotta go back and get them to mark down my purchase cuz mattress is not delivered yet and they too promised to 'refund' balance should a better deal comes along, many thanks wylson appreciate your info

lyn6305

Hi,

Yup, i just went to reduce the purchase price for my mattress booked. For Grande, i am getting a further discount of $225 from my previous invoice.

I-Pheng also said if there are further discount down the road, we can always go back to them. hehe...so hv to look out.

hoho03

got the further deduction today as well, no explanation needed, sales staffs know the price mechanism and evertyhing done swiftly . . .all thanks to wylson

lala_lala

Hi hoho03, dun mention lah.
happy.gif
so thats good. They really honour their words ya. hmmm i think we really have to constantly keep a look out for such discount lobang. Lets do it together ya, and inform each other if there's any further discount in times to come. Btw how does the further reduction works? Do they refund you back in term of cash, credit or vouchers? Just curious. anyway the sales manager that attend to us yesterday is Dave. He say that he will be there only this few days due to the GSS Robinson Promo. I-Pheng was the one who attended to us previously, and both of them are really friendly and knowledgeable, especially Dave.

Btw Lyn, Grande is under the Infinity range? Is it the one that is placed next to the Supreme? My FW sister actually tried on the Supreme and she say like as though sleeping on the cloud. haha..
happy.gif
We tried them too and its really very comfortable. But then again its too ex liao. cant affort it.
sad.gif

lyn6305

Hi Wylson,

They din give me any refund. They just deduct $225 from my balance payment. Similarly for my fren lor.

Yes, Grande is under the infinity range. Placed just beside Supreme hehe...my fren bot the Supreme while we bot the Grande. My hb find Supreme too soft lor...then he find Grande just nice. So we choose Grande.

Now my fren is very happy with her purchase cos got further reduction. So after recalculation, it would be $4231 with the 5% rebates from Robinsons.

hoho03

they go by the mode of payment, if you had paid cash, the diff is returned in cash and if by credit card, it goes back to the credit card . . .yes great idea wylson, i;ll keep a lookout on future price reductions...

any of you bought or buying the Seakt bedframes ? do share your opinions with me. me and my fiance still shopping around but the Sealy one is my top pick so far but kinda expensive and no further discount even during gss...

lyn6305

Hi Hoho03,

I bot a Sealy bedframe at $250 only, a promotion with Sealy till end of the year. Its a brown velvet kind of material. U shd hv seen it at Robinsons Centrepoint.

kenjoc

Hi all,

For the price you are paying, it's only for the mattress rite? Does it comes with the bedframe (headboard & divan)??

My FH and I like sealy.. but we are rather budget. Abt $2400 for a bed (with mattress & bedframe). This budget could only allow us to get a queen size rite?

lyn6305

Hi Jo,

I tried one mattress which is only ard $1500 for King size. U mite want to go down to Robinsons Centrepoint to try on some of their mattresses. I believe I-Pheng or Terence or other of their staff would be able to advise u base on ur sleeping habits or problem if any.

Terence had recommended my hb and i one of them which is only ard $1500 after discount.

kenjoc

Hi Lyn,

Thanks for your advise~ $1500 is very attractive. =) Which model do you happen to know?

Will drop by Robinson Centre one of these days to check it out. Thanks!

hoho03

thanks lyn, are you referring to the one with the ribbons ? yeah i like that one but the headboard is kinda bulky and the mattress effectively gets shortened and causes my fiance's legs to 'stick out' beyond the bed edge so we decided not to get that one but you;ve definitely got a good deal . . .

i;m looking at the taller one brown-buttoned one which is priced at >1k so still thinking whether or not to get it, expensive but like the plush-look and feel . . . ha

lyn6305

Hi Jo, no problem. I cant remember the model lor. But if i remember correctly, its next to the one behind San Marino. The display is a single size. Check it out there!

Hi Hoho03, i think they do hv a ribbon (actually is to tie the cushion).

Wat do u mean by ur fiance's legs sticking out beyond the bed edge. Is it the mattress problem or the bedframe? Wat mattress size are u getting?

We dun hv this problem leh...btw, ours is euro king size lor. And think shd be alrite ba.