ROM at Swissôtel Merchant Court

• Thread starter madwoman_in_the_attic
  • Start date

chocolatier

Oinky
U got Mr Chan as ur JP too? I'm thinking of getting him as well!

Crispy
did u get to see the actual venue yet? If so, did u see the dirty/torn drapes hanging from the ceiling of the pavilion? Pris had promised the hotel would wash them before the event. But I saw from eloi's pix...the drapes were still greyish instead of pure white color...I'm absolutely disgusted with the nonchalant attitude...
When we emailed Pris for her reassurance those hiccups would not happen, she simply refused to comment on those issues, trying to avoid any confrontation/committment...this is not the way to do biz...

yukikodawasan

Hi Crispy,

Hehe thanks... well, everything was well except for the coordinator.. yes we expect much more from a 5 stars hotel lor. Nv expect that's the way they do biz, really disappointed though. Heard good comments abt Rayston. Better talk to him before you regret.

Hermit Crab - Yup got Mr Chan. Hehe my friend intro him. And I find him really funny. hehe brightened my day alot... you wont regret getting him...

yukikodawasan

Eloi... wow Swissotel so unethical and unprofessional one ar? Wow, luckily I didnt spend money on staying for a nite after my ROM. Cos I find it too ex and somemore my hubby's hse was nearby, so I stayed over at his hse before our trip to BKK the next money. I would rather spend the money at BKK... haha

But really upset with Swissotel lor.. imagine there's lizard in the room... I think that is still acceptable... but used shampoo and shower gel is really too much... guessed your ROM was really spoilt by their service... This is also one of the reason why my hubby and I insisted not going back to Swissotel Merchant Court, though they are offering attractive wedding packages.. I cant imagine this happens on my wedding day... I cant afford to be disappointed on my 2 important days...But this time I chose Swissotel The Stamford. I trust their personalised service compared to Swissotel Merchant Court.

eloi

Hi Hermit,

Yah i have to look mei mei even though everything is very messy and also thanks to my frens who had been there to help me and coordinate some of the stuffs. Hermit, be prepared if you want your ROM to be hold there.

Hi Oink Oink,

Yah i was not given by much choices, if MC could provide me a day room then i wouldnt book a nite stay there... Haiz... But they are so strict on the freebies...

Another, they upgrade me to the executive club where it has view of the riverside point, the view is very nice but not the room man... At least they did something nice abt that. I rather prefer a normal room which everything goes smoothly.

eloi

Hi Hermit,

As for the drapes, i find that oink oink is nicer, as her is in pink. While mine is white in color but it look dirty and torn in fact.

chocolatier

Ya..think OinkOink's much better...her drapes in pink, compared to the dirty white ones they have now...
And she got a makeup room, after some bargaining. But Pris refused to offer anything more than a subsidised deluxe room. We decided not to take up the room anyway. Not worth. better to spend it on honeymoon, like wat OinkOink did. Ha!

eloi

Hermit,

It's seemed like you have booked MC for your ROM. heehee...

Ya dun waste money but rather spend on your honeymoon

yukikodawasan

hey ladies,

are u referring to the pink drapes I have on the wooden poles huh? Well I like that lor.. it's lovely.. frankly speaking I didnt have the time to check the quality of it. After my makeup for my ROM is done, I was busy entertaining my guests. Well, I must say mine isn't really a makeup room. It was actually a hospitality room, which guests go in to have their laundry done and watch tv lor. Heard from Pris that that's an open room for guests and then not many ppl used it. So I made used of the bathroom as my makeup place. That day was a weekend and many ppl were walking in and out... but upon seeing me, they just congratulated me and just went off. Cos some of my family were there in the room, enjoying the air con. Hehe...

Yup, dun waste money on the room. Well, my hubby and I agreed to spend the money on our BKK trip rather than spending a nite there doing nothing. hehe my 2 cents worth... but still hope you ladies will have an enjoyable ROM there.. cheers

yun11

Hihi ladies! Anyone mind sharing their ROM pics at MC with me?? Thanks!
happy.gif

[email protected]

glitter_blossom

Hello!

I was at MC over the weekend with my FH & friends to check out her buffet at Ellenborough Market Cafe. We popped over to their poolside & noticed that a solemnization ended not long ago. It appeared that the decor was beautiful. It was a little noisy as there were many guests swimming in the pool. There were a couple of kids running around, too. While we were having our dinner at Ellenborough Market Cafe, we noticed there were not signages to direct the guests. There were 3 couples having their dinner buffet there!

After reading most of your feedbacks, we are now rather sceptical. Going to meet Pris next week to discuss more details on MC's package.

Would like to ask a few questions. I hope some of you could help me with it.

a) The $500++ is only for the basic set-up? Decor is not included? We will need to engage MC's florist?

b) Are we allowed to play our own music or we have to stick to MC's playlist?

c) There's no day room given in the package? Only a hospitality room to do make-up & put our stuffs?

I really appreciate your feedbacks. =)

yukikodawasan

Hi Glitter_blossom,

Yes, MC is really unorganized when it comes to ROM. I had a bad experience with them. But nevertheless, I will try to help you with your queries above.
a) $500+++ only includes a simple setup with the pink drapes and a table solemnisation setup with ard 40 chairs (guests) with white covers.

b) We can bring along our CD. I brought mine in MP3 format. Alternatively they also have a CD for the ROM purpose. Think it's intrumental music.

c) MC doesn't allow a day's room. I only managed to negotiate for a hospitality room. And the hospitality room is opened to other hotel guests. It's not that convenient to have that room as ur Makeup place unless your ROM is in early part of the day. Definitely can't leave your things there. One option is to bring ur barang barang to the solemnisation area and left them under the table or get friends to hold for you.

Hope this helps.

glitter_blossom

Hello OinkOink,

Thank you so much for your reply. =) Appreciate lotsa.

a) I guess the flowers & greenry that i saw last weekend were not in the set-up... it means additional cost..

b) That will be great to have our own music =)

c) It would be rather inconvenient since we do not have a day room. My ROM will be at 3pm. I won't want to trouble my friends with our barang-barang...

I reckon MC might be out of our list. Too many bad experiences from fellow users here and it appears that MC is not very flexible. Nevertheless, i will see what Pris has to offer when we go down next week. Anything else we should take note of?

yukikodawasan

Hi Glitter_blossom,

I understand from Pris that if we need someone to decorate the soleminsation area, it has to be their official florist. And I checked out with them the package is like $300 for the less than 2 hrs session, I find it rather expensive. I would rather spend the money on my honeymoon instead.

Pris is not a person with initiative and poor at coordination. She did a bad job on my ROM despite many reminders. Nothing much you can negotiate with her. Everything needs money, I would say they are not really customer service oriented. Even the hospitality room is not given until I asked for it. Can you imagine? So can't take everything for granted from MC. You request for more carpark coupons, make sure it's stated in black and white in your agreement. You need to ask for things from Pris as she will not offer things to you.

But still it's a place to consider for a romantic rom. But definitely,my intention of having my wedding dinner there was dashed. I didnt want to ruin my wedding over there.

glitter_blossom

Hi OinkOink,

Oh dear.. I feel bad now.. I made you recalled the unhappiness of your ROM there...
sad.gif

Have to engage their official florist?! Sigh.. and with Pris' attitude, I doubt I can bargain for better offers. Like what you mentioned, not customer orientated. It's true that their set-up is romantic but with all the cons, it is not worth it.

MC will be out of my list. I've another hotel in mind for ROM but I read bad comments about it in the other thread. Now I'm feeling at a loss...
sad.gif

OinkOink, like the saying 'once bitten twice shy'. No point going back to MC for wedding dinner as you've bad experiences. I'm certain that there are better hotels with customer orientated wedding planners. It should be a win - win package for both parties. When are you holding your wedding dinner? Hope you'll find a great package soon =)

yukikodawasan

Hi Glitter blossom,
It's ok. To me my ROM is the most impt day of my hubby and I. I felt it's a pity that we did not have a good experience with MC given its ideal location and affordable buffet. It's really not worth it. I should have listened to the ppl who complaint in the thread rather than to go on like this. I wrote a complaint letter to them and it was like 4 pages long.. im so sick of it. Which hotel did you have in mind for ROM?

Ya I had booked Swissotel the Stamford for my wedding dinner. Although it's Swissotel again, but Swissotel The Stamford is much more professional and they focus on personalised wedding for couples. I had very good feedback from the thread too.. really excited and looking forward to my AD. thanks...

glitter_blossom

Hi OinkOink,

I understand.. I do hope MC will come to senses soon for her bad service. I do enjoy the food & ambience. Infact, MC is my #2 choice after Parkroyal Beach Road. After reading the feedbacks + peeking at a post-solemnization & the buffet over the weekend, we are having 2nd thoughts.

Our trip to Parkroyal today was not really good either. The pavilion looked old. The march-in is at the small garden. To be honest, it is quite pretty. The big shock came when El*** told us that the mgmt has decided to change the min of 30 to 50 pax. The room for night stay is now under KIV. She has to check for availability on the actual day. We will also need to liaise with the recommended florist for decor as it is not in the package. Sigh.. the change of min pax seems so sudden as we just got the package from her last fri.

Now we are looking at hotel rendezvous & carlton. Keeping our fingers crossed.

All the best for the planning of your AD with Swissotel The Stamford! I believe it will be a very beautiful & memorable one
happy.gif

yukikodawasan

HI Glitter Blossom,

Wow you had the same top 3 choices as me for ROM. keke my first choice was Carlton, then ParkRoyal and MC. Carlton doesn't give me the romantic feeling, ParkRoyal mentioned that they will be having renovation but I find it too old. As for MC, it fits our requirement. Ideal location and nice food. Solemnisation area gives me the kinda of wedding I wanted. Hehe.. hence the choice. Have you ever consider having ur rom at Grand Hyatt or Goodwood Park? think not bad too.

Thank you so much for your blessings. I'm sure we will have a memorable AD with Swissotel The Stamford. Good luck in your rom venue searching too.

mrs_tan_to_be

HI All,
For those who wants flowes for your ROM, they had changed the offical florist since April timeframe. The cost is $180 nett. And the florist name is The red petals. Hope this information helps.

glitter_blossom

Hey OinkOink,

It's so coincidental! ;) Agree that we must like the feel, must fit into the desired wedding we wanted. Hmm.. For Parkroyal, I was only impressed by the mini garden area which is for the march-in. Romantic & sweet. The pavilion looks run-down.. Maybe it is due to the white & green paint.

I've asked Grand Hyatt & Goodwood Park, too. Grand Hyatt's min pax is 50 and Goodwood Park is fully booked. ;( No fate with either one

Looking forward to my meeting with Carlton! She is my 1st choice at the moment. I don't know why I'm feeling jittery...

Thank you for your well-wishes, too =) I hope we are able to select a hotel very soon.

Hi Hui Ling,

It s $180 nett? Only for decor right? El*** of Parkroyal told us that there will be some charges for set-up & removal of props & stuffs..

yukikodawasan

HI Glitter blossoms,
Hehe ya lor.. must have feeling for the place too. Well, it's ok. Take your time and don't rush into a decision. Take a look at Carlton first and see how. All the best to you. It's normal for BTB to be jittery.. no worries..

glitter_blossom

Hi OinkOink,

Must love the place 1st ;) Was at Rendezvous just now. Love it! Good package @ a reasonable price. The only minus point is no day room. She can give us a room at corporate rate. Think it is fairly reasonable. We'll check out Carlton before we finalise our choice. Would really want to get the location fixed fast so we can plan for the other stuffs. Left with 4 months to run =P

Hi Hui Ling,

My bad, i think u referred to MC's florist. I kept thinking it was Parkroyal... >.<

chocolatier

Hi all!
I'm very pissed off by MC's way of doing things.
We had signed contract specifying our choice of their peranankan lunch buffet on weekend.
And now, they informed us that the hotel is holding a Thai buffet during that period!! They wanted us to top up to $42+++ and we cant take spicy food!!! It's now only 1mth+ to our rom...wat to do?!?!

jopp

oh no! hermit crab, sure or not? how come like dat?
i'm oso into contract wif MC for my ROM during sept and i've opted for their lunch buffet at elleborough cafe. In my contract, the price stated for the lunch buffet is $26.90 (adults)..wif a clause saying "price subjected to change w/out prior notice". but the revised price stated in ur post has increased so much more!
jia lat liao..i better call pris to clarify oso. :p

chocolatier

jopp
The Thai buffet is held from 21 September to 7 October 2007.
I dun understand why it is so much more exp. Thai food sounds so cheapo. Not everyone takes Thai food.
I'm sure such themes are well-planned out in the beginning of the year. And if Pris didn't inform us during the contract signing, it's her negligence.

jopp

oic hermit crab...hmm...mine is on 9 Sep...so think won't b affected la. nevertheless will call pris to confirm.
as for ur case, perhaps u can try checking wif CASE if there's any chance for negotiation. although the contract states "price subjected to change w/out prior notice", but if the difference is very great, then mus fight lor.

ladies, anyone getting enhanced decoration??? my ROM is 15th sept &amp; im currently in discussion with mark for cathering of pink sashes setup..

pls pm mi if u r interested

maimai

Hi oinkoink, would you mind to share with me your photos and package they offered for your ROM? And good wood park hotel if anyone know about the high tea package as that is one of the place i am considering too.THANKS!

[email protected]

yukikodawasan

Hi Orangina,

I ROMed in Oct 2006. Package is almost the same as what Eloi had indicated.

ROM PACKAGE B
- Set-up fee = $500.00+++ with a minimum guaranteed attendance of 30
persons.
- Thereafter, you may proceed to our Ellenborough Market Cafe for the
buffet. Charges for the buffet are as follows:-
* High Tea (Sat, Sun &amp; PH only) - $19.90+++ per person

I also negotiated for a hospitality room for my makeup on that day. As for the photos, you can add me in multiply. My ID is bluejoy12.

Thanks

Hihi, few more days to my rom...
Can anyone share with me whether they do any match in for poolside solemnisation? I'm thinking if i should mingle ard with the guest instead of march in....

yukikodawasan

Hi Evisu,

I did mingle with the guests before the Actual ROM. We gave ourselves 10 mins to get ready before the March in. Well, before than we have to ensure all our invited guests are there. If nt, we will not proceed with the solemnisation yet. After confirming all our guest attendance with the JP, then we got ready for the march in...hope this helps.

Oinkoink, im still thinking if we want any march-in. Will there be any staff to help us to stop the music during e exchanging of vow timing?
keke, any emcee speech to share..

yukikodawasan

Hi Evisu,

I told my brother to help me on and off the music for the march in. when we reached the solemnisation table, he will soften it and bring to a stop. Had sent the opening speech to you. It's prepared by my friend. Hope it helps.

jopp

my rom at SMC was on 9-Sep and everything was BEATUTIFUL! although it was a sunday, Pris actuali came back to ensure that everything was in order...from setup at the poolside to luncheon at Ellenborough cafe. initially i was apprehensive as i've heard much abt the poor coordination, but the experience i had on sunday was simply Thumbs Up! ^_^

cherriepumpkin

Hi oinkoink, would you mind to share with me your photos and package they offered for your ROM?
And Goodwood Park hotel if anyone know about the package as i am considering too.Thanks!

yukikodawasan

Hi Pumpkin,

Think Swiss had updated their ROM package. I paid $500+++ for the rental of poolside for our ROM and $19.90+++ for the hi tea buffet in Oct 2006. YOu can check up more details with Pris.

As for my ROM photos, you can add me at Multiply. My ID is bluejoy12.

Thanks

jopp

hi pumpkin, mine was over last sunday. buffet lunch is $26.90++ per pax (adult), $17.90++ (child). I then requested for free flow soft drinks @ $3.00++ per pax. of course, i ordered several jugs of beer for my guests oso. The rate is the std restaurant rate - no free flow.

My ROM on 15/09 was great. I must extend my appreciation to Rayston for overseeing everything. The enhanced decoration i took up was also sweet. I chose ivory sash &amp; requested for different pink geberras.. The cafe oso ensure that all 60 guest are allocated within a corner. So, its thumbs up for mi.. ;)